Nintendo 3DS Dock Charger $6 Shipped from Nintendo Online Store + More

lhfan04

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (86%)
Nintendo Online Store offers the Nintendo 3DS Dock Charger Accessory for $4, plus $2 shipping. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, for someone that would need to have multiple chargers for multiple rooms.

Official Nintendo 3DS Dock Charger

Some other items of note that are a good price is the Nintendo 3DS Retractable Stylus for $3.75 + $2 shipping. Also, If you are looking for another official Nintendo Battery for your Nintendo 3DS it would be $15 + $2 shipping.

Official Nintendo 3DS Battery
Official Nintendo 3DS Retractable Stylus

Cool, thanks for posting those links. I picked up an extra 3DS battery just in case I want an extra while travelling, along with an extra dock & AC adapter so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs.

nice, i did the same, i will be doing some long international flights and will be nice to have the extra battery.

[quote name='seether254']i believe it comes with both the dock that the op linked and an ac adapter.
if you look at the pictures on the 3ds amazon page you can see both.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1301220106&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

I know the system comes with both, but if you're buying this $6 dock to have a spare, I was just saying that you probably need to have a spare ac adapter to go with it... I don't think the $6 dock comes with an ac adapter.

I am personally not sure if it comes with a cord as well to charge if not you can always buy a dsi charger for cheap and just use that

Does anyone know whether a regular DSi charger powers these?

I know it will the 3DS itself, but does it power the charge station as well?

[quote name='lhfan04']I am personally not sure if it comes with a cord as well to charge if not you can always buy a dsi charger for cheap and just use that[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it won't come with the AC Adapter - the store sells those for $10 each... :D

However, yes, you can use a DSi charger (via USB or whatever) to run your dock. So, where I've got a USB cable at work and home, this dock *could* be useful. Does anyone know, though, what the deal is with the dock? Is there any advantage to using it over just plugging the 3DS in?

Woah, props to Nintendo for a $15 user-replaceable battery. I was hype that the PSP 1/2/3 series had user-replaceable batteries, but hackers ruined the fun on that one. I doubt the NGP will have it either.

[quote name='SDC']Woah, props to Nintendo for a $15 user-replaceable battery. I was hype that the PSP 1/2/3 series had user-replaceable batteries, but hackers ruined the fun on that one. I doubt the NGP will have it either.[/QUOTE]

????

What are you on about? The only game system that's ever had a non-user-replacable battery is the PSP Go, and we all saw how well that went. (I wouldn't put it past Sony to do it again, agree with you there.) And the only systems that have ever been "hackable" using batteries are the PSP 1000-2000 series (hackers have done diddly squat with the PSP 3000 battery). Don't take shots at "hackers" for this, it was Sony who put user-servicing in the battery in the first place. Nintendo wouldn't do something that stupid. :p

Like it has been said before, the Nintendo 3DS uses the same kind of charger that the Nintendo DSi uses, so any charger that works for that, will work for the Nintendo 3DS. I would personally recommend getting this charger because if you are like me and got lots of handhelds you can use that for your DS Lite, DSi, PSP, GBA... And its only $4 shipped.

Also, I can't comment on the quality per se but if you want a cheap battery for the 3ds NDScardsale has a 1800mAh battery for it for $3.59 with free shipping. I have order a few things from them before and never had any trouble with them. So I thought I would throw that out there, if it doesn't work well your only out less than $4. link

Gamestop has an accessory pack of sorts that comes with 2 individual game card cases, another case that holds another 4 (for 6 total), 2 screen protectors (one top one bottom), and 3 of the extendable styluses for $9.99. Picked one up myself this morning and it's not too shabby.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MotzCTG']nice, i did the same, i will be doing some long international flights and will be nice to have the extra battery.[/QUOTE]

Will you by any chance be playing pilotwings on those long flights?:)

holy cow, they still sell manuals from NES games. Also, I need new AV cables for my SNES, and unbelievably they still carry them. Wow.

[quote name='adamical']holy cow, they still sell manuals from NES games. Also, I need new AV cables for my SNES, and unbelievably they still carry them. Wow.[/QUOTE]

it's because they are the same ones that they used up to the gamecube. If you have some of those you can use them!

[quote name='SDC']Woah, props to Nintendo for a $15 user-replaceable battery. I was hype that the PSP 1/2/3 series had user-replaceable batteries, but hackers ruined the fun on that one. I doubt the NGP will have it either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Justme8800']????

What are you on about? The only game system that's ever had a non-user-replacable battery is the PSP Go, and we all saw how well that went. (I wouldn't put it past Sony to do it again, agree with you there.) And the only systems that have ever been "hackable" using batteries are the PSP 1000-2000 series (hackers have done diddly squat with the PSP 3000 battery). Don't take shots at "hackers" for this, it was Sony who put user-servicing in the battery in the first place. Nintendo wouldn't do something that stupid. :p[/QUOTE]

As far as we know, the NGP does NOT have a user replaceable battery, which is the only thing I hate about it-everything else rocks so far as I can see.

The PSP, not only was it replaceable, and easily replaceable, the system actually worked without it. The GBA-SP, DS, DSi XL, and I presume 3DS do NOT work without a battery in place, which of course is potentially bad for years down the road...

The NGP? Apparently just as bad or worse. I don't know if lithium batteries pose any kind of leaking hazard or anything either if they're just sitting there either. The NGP could end up with zero shelf life for all I know.

Now they claim they did it because of the back touchscreen, which actually sounds kind of plausible. Of course my solution? Ditch the touch screen. (Though as touch screens go, the tech the NGP uses is better than the 3/DS, and I actually think the idea of sticking a second touch screen BEHIND the unit so you can use it without smudging up or obscuring the screen is kind of innovative, but after the failure the DS touch screen was for gameplay, I'm not holding my breath for it to do anything useful.)

On a related note, you *CAN* order replacement AR cards - they're $2/pack (plus shipping). You have to call them (800.255.3700) to order them though. Ordered some spares myself (I collect Nintendo trading cards, so I want a set to show people, a set to keep safe and a set to put in one of my binders of Nintendo cards...)

[quote name='adamical']holy cow, they still sell manuals from NES games. Also, I need new AV cables for my SNES, and unbelievably they still carry them. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Be forewarned, most of those manuals are photo copies. Heck, even most of the GBA manuals are photo copies.

bread's done
Back