Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

I've got multiple systems. Pink pieces are my only bitch about Puzzle Swap, and I powered through Find Mii 2 with level 7 Mii's.

In other news, new firmware update available in NA. May have fixed some of the errors people hit in Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I wouldn't bother with the new StreetPass games if you are in NA, it would just be way too difficult to finish them all, even with relay stations. It will take me long enough to finish Find Mii & Find Mii 2 & puzzle swap.
That's the spirit!

The relay stations should fix the pink pieces problem. I just think Nintendo needs to find a way to get pink pieces to more people. I have quite a few but now there are A LOT of pinks to collect.

The other problem I have with demo units, every time I StreetPass one there are no puzzles opened up on them at all, except for the first 2, I think in addition to the relay stations Nintendo should open up all the puzzles on demo units and make them a source of pink pieces for the public. This would give people an incentive to go to the store and maybe buy something as well. Because the problem I have is that I am street passing quite a few people here but none of them have any pink pieces or they have no new pieces for me.

I think they should release puzzles more frequently.

The local Gamestops tend to ignore their demo units. I know a few people who try to open puzzles and grab any pinks on them. It's the employees who bring their 3DS units to work that tend to be a big source of pinks.

I am missing 20 pieces from finishing every puzzle. About half are pinks. I'm going to need a lot more coins for the rest.

The only time I ever get pink pieces are from the Nintendo SpotPasses. The local demo units don't have them whenever I get the occasional StreetPass from them.

I have 2 systems, using that and manipulating the date every 1,000 steps, I finished Find Mii 2 in a few months. According to my 3DS, I got it back in 2000. :) Only puzzles I need pieces for are Dillon and Animal Crossing.

So has the new StreetPass stuff actually been released is NA yet?

3D Streets of Rage also coming to the 3DS
June 28th, 2013 Posted in 3DS eShop, News, Posted by Brian
Another classic 3D remake has been leaked through a classification listing. Over at the OFLC, an entry for 3D Streets of Rage popped up in the database. The PEGI previously leaked 3D Shinobi III for the 3DS.

SWEET.
O.M.F.G.!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. Wait. Not if it's this, ugh:

I was thinking about the other Streets Of Rage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhYvRaUIp4

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, I never knew that Fighting Force was originally meant to be a Streets of Rage game. That was a great game at the time, but the version in the video above is clearly underdeveloped. But if they were to refine it a bit, I would totally play it.

So I picked up Mario Tennis for $20. So far so good. The 3D isn't as good as I thought it would be and the motion controls are ridiculous if they actually want you to see the 3D. I like it though - seems a lot like Hot Shots Tennis.

I've had the 3ds for a month now and it seems the battery life is short.  I have the brightness on 1 out of 5 with power save on and also leave 3d off.  I have wifi enabled only when I hear that there's some spotpass out or if I'm going out and likely to get streetpass tags (once or twice a week).

I had brightness set to 3 the first week I played but it actually seemed I didn't have to charge as often as I do now.

the 3ds is the original black model and was purchased in 2011 but I did not use it until this June.  does anyone think the inactivity may have attributed to this?  I have a little over 100 (estimated by looking at Activity Log but doesn't count sleep mode?)

I've had the 3ds for a month now and it seems the battery life is short. I have the brightness on 1 out of 5 with power save on and also leave 3d off. I have wifi enabled only when I hear that there's some spotpass out or if I'm going out and likely to get streetpass tags (once or twice a week).

I had brightness set to 3 the first week I played but it actually seemed I didn't have to charge as often as I do now.

the 3ds is the original black model and was purchased in 2011 but I did not use it until this June. does anyone think the inactivity may have attributed to this? I have maybe 100-110 hours put in to this (estimated by looking at Activity Log)
Did you leave it on a charger?

Could just be a bad battery, as I have several launch models and haven't hit this yet.

Batteries aren't that expensive to replace. Maybe try calling Nintendo about it. They've been pretty good with service for me. Support with sortware issues, not so much.

Gonna have to see how reviews are on the new StreetPass games. 

Wish they would've maybe doubled the amount of Play Coins you could earn in one day.

Not getting the new StreetPass games until I see how this relay system works for getting passes, I get passes but not nearly enough to justify the games especially when play coins are extremely limited. Plus all the passes i get are level 1 mii's which don't help much or sometimes do nothing at all. You can barely do anything with 10 play coins as well.

They really should have you earn play coins as you walk, I have walked 20,000 steps in one day and I still get the same amount of play coins I get by simply shaking my 3DS for a few min. If the point of the step counter was to encourage walking then this is not the way to do it, they could have the 10 coins for 1000 steps but then they could add more as you walk more, so if you walk say 500 more steps you get another coin.

Especially when the puzzle game just does nothing but essentially steal your coins, I can go days without getting any new pieces even if I spend all my 10 coins per day on that.

The new games don't use levels like Find Mii. Mii Force has upgradable weapons (use up to 3 Miis per weapon) but the other three games have the Tagged Miis essentially the same as generic Miis. Monster Manor and Warrior's Way won't even allow you to hire previous Tagged Miis. It's either current tags or generics. Flower Town only uses Miis in your plaza.

Also, Flower Town only uses Play Coins to invite people to water your plant. Everything else uses its own in-game currency.

Just my opinion but I'm LOVING all the games. 

The Warrior one is fun.  Found someone at Wal-mart who bulked me up with 500 extra soldiers.  Fun times.  Can't wait to find someone who's a general so I can whomp and stomp.

The Flower one is fun.  It's taken my AC Hybrids to a different style.

I dig the side scrolling space shooter.  I like how each persons shirt color affects my weapon selection.

I also like the mansion.  But it's just meh so far (unlocking the entirity of floor 1 before I move on)

I can tell you I took my 3DS out yesterday and today SPECIFICALLY to gather stuff for these games (notably the warrior one which was my primary interest).  Buying all 4 for $15 just gives me a diversion for streetpassing.

When is the streetpass relay thing gona be live? Need more tags! Hardly get tags in my location ans earning 10 play coins per day is just a turn off. Now with animal crossing taking 4 coins each day, i jave to juggle the 6 coins between find miis and puzzle swap. Grrr.

I was wondering why everybody was empty on Play Coins. I only use them for StreetPass. Only other games I own that even accept StreetPass are Tekken and DOA.

Not getting the new StreetPass games until I see how this relay system works for getting passes, I get passes but not nearly enough to justify the games especially when play coins are extremely limited. Plus all the passes i get are level 1 mii's which don't help much or sometimes do nothing at all. You can barely do anything with 10 play coins as well.

They really should have you earn play coins as you walk, I have walked 20,000 steps in one day and I still get the same amount of play coins I get by simply shaking my 3DS for a few min. If the point of the step counter was to encourage walking then this is not the way to do it, they could have the 10 coins for 1000 steps but then they could add more as you walk more, so if you walk say 500 more steps you get another coin.

Especially when the puzzle game just does nothing but essentially steal your coins, I can go days without getting any new pieces even if I spend all my 10 coins per day on that.
Amen.

But no, Nintendo just does what it wants. I don't see anybody mention anything about the prices either. They would've been easier to swallow at $1.99, but no, Nintendo needs $4.99 + tax, even if you still depend on street-passes to unlock anything.

Just curious if everyone's hats are randomized. My initial stock was Super Mushroom, 1-Up Mushroom, Fire Flower, and Super Star. Second batch is Wedding Veil, Isabelle,Jack-O-Lantern, and Santa.

I get taxed as well.  Can someone tell me what to do to get the bundle price?  I want to finish Find Mii 2 first (I've almost gotten all of the Hats) before I jump in on the newer games.

I get taxed as well. Can someone tell me what to do to get the bundle price? I want to finish Find Mii 2 first (I've almost gotten all of the Hats) before I jump in on the newer games.
There should be no tax if you change your zip code to a state without sale tax.

When you buy the first game, it will offer you the bundle for $14.99. However if you actually buy a game, you won't get the offer for the bundle.

There are 5 states without sales tax.

Alaska

Montana

Oregon

New Hampsire

Delaware

It's relatively easy to set your machine up to have the eShop think you are from one of those states, and your payment methods can remain the same.

Legally, though....well, It's not something that should be talked about on an open forum.

Also, there are other minor changes from the initial update. Animation is far smoother than before with no lag, the "Fantastic" limit has been removed, and the 99 tag limit has been removed.

I just bought Absolute Baseball from the E-shop. I'd feel shame, but Nintendo hasn't given me a whole lot of baseball, or sports for that matter, options.

Baseball Stars.. Was that the futuristic one with robots?

I liked that one, and Baseball Simulator 1000.

Where are the wrestling games on the VC? Most sucked, but for a hour or two's amusement, I'd pick one up.

Baseball Stars.. Was that the futuristic one with robots?

I liked that one, and Baseball Simulator 1000.

Where are the wrestling games on the VC? Most sucked, but for a hour or two's amusement, I'd pick one up.
baseball_stars.gif

That was Baseball Stars. First game that I'm aware of that had create a team, create a player. Plus it tracked stats over a full season's worth of games. Hella fun.

48948-baseball-stars-nes-screenshot-you-re-fired-s.gif

Anyone ever have trouble with their charging cradle? I have to really jam it in there to charge.

I pushed the button and the pins come out without issue, and the AC adapter works fine.

bread's done
Back