Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

Dunno about Mario Kart. The racers don't have their own unique weapons (when played as the player) and what items can they bring to the table that hasn't already been done?

Dunno about Mario Kart. The racers don't have their own unique weapons (when played as the player) and what items can they bring to the table that hasn't already been done?
I always thought something along the lines of them adding an actual ? block as an item. Once you get an item and the roulette stops on the ? block, you get to use the special item/power that's specific to the character you're using. As for what the actual items could be, there would be a whole host of options depending on what characters they added... Star Fox could have a laser pistol, Olimar would obviously have Pikmin, Pit could have the Power of Flight etc.

Of course all characters would still be able to use all of the usual items... But what do I know, I just always thought it'd be kinda cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any US website people know about that sell digital eshop gift cards? I know BB sells eshop gift cards online, but I am pretty sure they're physical cards that they mail to you. Looking for something more like what Amazon does with PSN gift cards.

Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty fun so far. Love the new Beetle power, though Spark and Needle aren't as good as previous games. 

That's odd. Got the notification for the last gold pant Mii (Rosanna from Nerdy Nummies) a second time via Nintendo Zone. They did not send it a second time, sadly.
Got the same notification twice, also. Always nice to have a Mii with every piece. And 10,000 bonus troops for that Kingdom Streetpass game.

Still waiting for Amazon to deliver my Kirby. Shipped Friday because Amazon are idiots and wont be in till Tuesday. No release day for me dammit.

Glad Kirby is fun.

My only negative is that, once again, you can't make helpers. Their AI was pitiful in Super Star and it would probably be too difficult to implement co-op on the 3DS, but dammit, I miss helpers. Especially Helper Wheelie.

If I unlink my Club Nintendo account (I have no NNID on there) from my 3DS, I won't lose any of the games on the system, right? Like the ones I've bought from the eShop and my Ambassador games?

My only negative is that, once again, you can't make helpers. Their AI was pitiful in Super Star and it would probably be too difficult to implement co-op on the 3DS, but dammit, I miss helpers. Especially Helper Wheelie.
I loved TAC.

I fucking love the kirby game, and yeah, the circus power SUCKS!
Glad it's not just me. I kept trying to find something great about it, but it's just not for me. Ended up looooving Archer though.

Archer would be great if the generic arrows had a bit more oomph. As it is they're weaker than Kirby's slide.

Beetle is great. It's like Suplex, Sword, and Wing all rolled into one.

If I unlink my Club Nintendo account (I have no NNID on there) from my 3DS, I won't lose any of the games on the system, right? Like the ones I've bought from the eShop and my Ambassador games?
No, you won't lose anything. Since it has no NNID, you won't be able to buy anything on it, either. Including DLC/Game patches.

Archer Kirby is OP as fuck. I wish the cover mechanic had some actual use.

I still find it funny that they include the electric and rock powers since they're basically useless, but at least the rock power lets you turn into Kirby statues at will.

The circus power does have one pretty fun part if you dash and attack you turn into a fireball, but even that is meh.

The suplex power was always one of my favorites in Super Star, so I thought Beetle was pretty amazing in this one.

I will say I was bummed to see Plasma make an appearance over Mirror. Mirror is my jam.

Holy shit, I had forgotten how easy MM2 for the gameboy was, I just beat it in about an hour.  (the first was much harder, I think).  Gonna play 3 tomorrow.

In case anyone missed it, there's a new system update live for NA.  

OFFICIAL CHANGELOG

• Added e-mail support to Parental Controls, allowing parents that have forgotten their PIN to send themselves an e-mail with instructions on unlocking Parental Controls.
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

It also appears to break compatibility for those more nefarious uses of certain "homebrew cards". 

A new Pokemon side game has been announced. The Thieves and the 1000 Pokemon. It is a tie-in to the Diancie movie where you battle the thieves from the movie using Pokemon you acquire via StreetPass

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Thieves_and_the_1000_Pok%C3%A9mon_3DS_eShop_game_revealed
Announced for Japan only. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance we'll get it. Pokemon movies go straight to video and Cartoon Network here. There, they get theatrical releases.

Finally finished the 9 hole one-on, one-in challenge in Mario Golf. I'm proud of myself, though I should probably instead be embarassed with how long it took me to get it done.

There's a new free app in the eShop. Photo With Mario.

It's on the second page in the Apps tab, or you can search for it. It's an AR thing for some special $10 eShop cards coming to Target. Unknown if it's worth any Club Nintendo points yet. 

New 2DS color coming: Sea Green

1.jpg

I'm not in the market for a 2DS, but I think I'd get this over red or blue.

I would have bought the green one if it was available and came with a game, like my red 2DS did. (Pokemon X, which while digital, still was nice given the $100 price tag at Target)

Ordered Kirby Triple Deluxe on Amazon as I'd noticed it was down to $29.95 instead of $35.99, and I already had some Amazon credit. I'd promised myself that I wouldn't get it til I had finished Yoshi's New Island. So much for that. :p

Ok, so I know some of you have multiple DSs of different types. How do you keep them all charged up? Do you rotate them out? I have five I need to keep charged at the same time, and I'm trying to figure out a kid-friendly and compact way to do it. Throw in a PSP, Vita and universal remote and I have a bit of an organization issue.

Erm...plug in all the chargers. Used to have them all in one place, but due to living changes I have my main 3DS charger in my bedroom and my second in the living room next to the Wii.

If need be, get a dedicated surge protector and plug it in a secondary outlet.

Yeah, I'm looking for some sort of organization - docks, trays...something. Three of them are my kids, and I know with just cords it will be a disaster.

Ok, so I know some of you have multiple DSs of different types. How do you keep them all charged up? Do you rotate them out? I have five I need to keep charged at the same time, and I'm trying to figure out a kid-friendly and compact way to do it. Throw in a PSP, Vita and universal remote and I have a bit of an organization issue.
I do the rotating method with my 3DS units. I turned the DSi and DSiXL off and put them with the DS Lite and DS Original.

I only have the PSPgo charged at any time now. The other PSP units are dead and in the same spot as the DS and DSi units.

My Vita gets charged roughly every other day, and usually while I'm at work because that's where I seem to play it the most.

I only have 2 but I keep my OG 3DS in the dock now so it's always charged and ready. I do most of my playing on my Pokemon edition XL so that I can keep all the playtime on one system.

Anybody here played Conception 2? It is a weird concept to be sure (demons are invading, so you hook up with a bunch of heroines, make babies with all of them, use said babies to fight said demons, and strengthen your kids with the Power of Love between you and their mommy) and the demo was pretty decent.

Anybody here played Conception 2? It is a weird concept to be sure (demons are invading, so you hook up with a bunch of heroines, make babies with all of them, use said babies to fight said demons, and strengthen your kids with the Power of Love between you and their mommy) and the demo was pretty decent.
Yes. It's really easy though. I beat the first 7 dungeons (I think there's either 7 or 8, but I haven't beaten the game yet) without dying one time.

Edit: I played it on the Vita though.

bread's done
Back