Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tranceFusion']It has a tint to it but its barely visible and not visible at all when the screen is on. I wouldn't make the purchase decision based on that.

What I WOULD make the decision on is that the touchscreen sensitivity decreases slightly which i find rather annoying - i end up having to double tap a lot because my first touch doesn't register.[/QUOTE]
What do you think about using the screen protector for just the top screen?

[quote name='PDJ']Bought mine two days ago at walmart. I am pleasantly surprised with the system. For 170 the system and free games are definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm enjoying it so far. For 20 free games you can't go wrong.

Went by a local Target to verify stock and the price drop. Went to BB next door, and got the adjustment price, no muss, no fuss. They simply called to verify they had it in stock, and made the adjustment. Traded in $169 worth of games that I got from GS with a B2G1 coupon, so I only paid $20 cash OTD (inlcuding a $5 preorder to get the 40% bump)...I love my BB!

Times like these make me glad I work at Target, haha. Got mine yesterday for 169+tax -15% employee discount plus redcard.. makes this a killer deal :bouncy:
Just a heads up to those looking at target though, some Targets haven't changed the sticker price (like mine) but it shows up on the system as the reduced price. Just ask anyone in electronics to scan it for you and it should ring up 169 :)

[quote name='Graviex']Times like these make me glad I work at Target, haha. Got mine yesterday for 169+tax -15% employee discount plus redcard.. makes this a killer deal :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

15%. i need to get a part time gig on top of my full time job at target. lol

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Do we know exactly what the 20 free games are? Lists I've seen are partly incomplete.[/QUOTE]

No full list so far

So I'm probably getting this but does anyone know which games I definitely want to avoid? The only game I have played so far is DOA and I thought it was pretty good.

[quote name='cheeky']So I'm probably getting this but does anyone know which games I definitely want to avoid? The only game I have played so far is DOA and I thought it was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Blazblue

Tried my Target yesterday, and the guy in electronics said it hadn't dropped yet. I punched the DCPI number into one of those self-serve scanners and indeed it came up at the high price. Fortunately Wal-mart still had some.

Successful price adjustment at Target. Bought mine on the 1st of August. Also i recommend anyone to buy Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS as it's on sale at target for $17.

According to SD, you can trade in your NDSL, NDSi, NDSi XL to get a 3DS for 99 dollars

attachment.php

anyone can create a thread if you want

So... I have had my system since release date. I have been enjoying the system a lot.

What do you guys think about the hardware quality, OS, screens, etc?

The one thing I want to say is that pictures don't make justice to the system... in real life, the black 3DS (which I own) looks very pretty and not cheap at all.

Anyone know if Walmart pm gift card offer? Frys is selling the system tomorrow for 169+ 30 gift card. If i bring in the receipt from tuesday, think they will pm and give me a gift card?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']What are the main issues with Blazblue on the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

No online multiplayer from what I understand.

Is Street Fighter even worth getting? I've been playing the Volt version on my iPod, and I can't get through a single game without someone challenging me in Arcade mode. There just seems to be a lot of players on and all the time thanks to the casual-ness of the iPod/iPhone. I'm guessing the 3DS doesn't have such a large audience?

[quote name='imacgod']No online multiplayer from what I understand.

Is Street Fighter even worth getting? I've been playing the Volt version on my iPod, and I can't get through a single game without someone challenging me in Arcade mode. There just seems to be a lot of players on and all the time thanks to the casual-ness of the iPod/iPhone. I'm guessing the 3DS doesn't have such a large audience?[/QUOTE]

You can disable the Online Challenging on the 3DS game (I don't know about the iPhone version).

But the 3DS version feels exactly like the console version... it is very good.

Picked one up earlier today at Best Buy. They were surprised that Walmart had already lowered the price and said they'd probably face a fine from Nintendo.

How long should the system update take? It gets like 1/5th of the way and then the bar doesn't move at all. Maybe I'm just impatient. XD

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']You can disable the Online Challenging on the 3DS game (I don't know about the iPhone version).

But the 3DS version feels exactly like the console version... it is very good.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I wasn't complaining. You can turn it off on the iOS version too. I was just wondering if there was that many people playing the 3DS version as well.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Anyone know if Walmart pm gift card offer? Frys is selling the system tomorrow for 169+ 30 gift card. If i bring in the receipt from tuesday, think they will pm and give me a gift card?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Mine wouldn't pm gift card offers.

I bought a 3DS mainly to play VC games, haha. I ran through Super Mario Land yesterday and today. I could never beat it as a kid but it wasn't so bad. I think next up will be the first Kirby game.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I don't think so. Mine wouldn't pm gift card offers.[/QUOTE]

How about Toyrus offer of a free game that's 19.99 or less? I checked walmart pm page and i am uncertain of the case with toyrus, but it clearly say no gc pm.

bought my
3DS from target . the funny thing never tried the touch screen yet. i was for page button like they use to have . it on the touch screen . lol and so check on there and it show the new price $170 cool and press page and someone came and got it.that was easy and update my 3DS i got Ambassador title and all set

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcadegamer']bought my
3DS from target but check online at 3 places and since next to Bestbuy check there and it was the old price and hate to ask and it was waste of my time. they say no . i did for RZ points so i left and went to Target they site it ring the the new price . but when there the price show is old price and was no one around the game area to help so waiting and shopping around . the funny thing never tried the touch screen yet. i was for page button like they use to have . it on the touch screen . lol and so check on there and it show the new price $170 cool and press page and someone came and got it.that was easy and update my 3DS i got Ambassador title and all set[/QUOTE]

What... The... Hell...

[quote name='Lkr721993']so now that we have the system at a good price, any game sales coming up?[/QUOTE]

you need games first boyo ;)

Congrats to everyone who got in on this before the 20 Free game offer ended. Thanks again to Cheapy for the heads up.:D

[quote name='Lkr721993']I'd get Street Fighter, PES, Zelda, and Pilotwings if they were cheaper :([/QUOTE]

PES was a part of Amazon's buy one get one free offer recently. They might bring that around again.

went up to BB tonight with a friend. They only had 1 on display, went to customer service and they called over the "Game Manager" and he was like DO IT for $170 no questions asked! So my friend got one as well. Will make a great gift with the 20 free games! Downloading the update now.

i got a aqua blue 3DS for $169.99 and steel diver for $10 at target and the total came out $195, damn taxes killed me since it was more then steel diver. so far i'm liking it and i can't wait for better games to come out! thanks CAG!!!

[quote name='Ragnorok64']What are the main issues with Blazblue on the 3DS?[/QUOTE]

For starters its a slap in the face to consumers, but take your pick of the following...

• Doesn't support standby (closing the lid = sleep) and MIGHT be the only game to lack this feature.
  • 3D effect was dodgy in menus, but ok in game. (not as good as SF though)
  • No online
  • No thumbstick support
  • No touch screen to do moves (but the full moves list is on the touch screen)
  • Playstation Vita version announced a week after release that will have online plus more story stages not featured in the 3DS/PSP version.
  • Awards use mostly the same icons which is silly since the original game had MANY icons that go unused
  • At the cost of all of the above they thought it was wise to charge 33% more than the psp version (10 usd) without thinking twice.

This game makes me really wonder how people can hate Capcoms RE the Mercs save issue, but not even comment on this load of shit. I wouldn't even mind so much if you were paying a Premium for a worthless port that was out of date a week after release. Then again uninformed idiots will bitch about Capcom's doings over anyone elses :roll:

Managed to grab the last 3DS at my local Wal-Mart for the new price and just signed up for the ambassador program, wee!

Just need to grab Zelda now...

[quote name='MotzCTG']went up to BB tonight with a friend. They only had 1 on display, went to customer service and they called over the "Game Manager" and he was like DO IT for $170 no questions asked! So my friend got one as well. Will make a great gift with the 20 free games! Downloading the update now.[/QUOTE]

did u and ur friend get one?

[quote name='admiralvic']For starters its a slap in the face to consumers, but take your pick of the following...

• Doesn't support standby (closing the lid = sleep) and MIGHT be the only game to lack this feature.
  • 3D effect was dodgy in menus, but ok in game. (not as good as SF though)
  • No online
  • No thumbstick support
  • No touch screen to do moves (but the full moves list is on the touch screen)
  • Playstation Vita version announced a week after release that will have online plus more story stages not featured in the 3DS/PSP version.
  • Awards use mostly the same icons which is silly since the original game had MANY icons that go unused
  • At the cost of all of the above they thought it was wise to charge 33% more than the psp version (10 usd) without thinking twice.

This game makes me really wonder how people can hate Capcoms RE the Mercs save issue, but not even comment on this load of shit. I wouldn't even mind so much if you were paying a Premium for a worthless port that was out of date a week after release. Then again uninformed idiots will bitch about Capcom's doings over anyone elses :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was aware of these issues, so I picked it up for the PSP instead.

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']yes, the HORI screen protector does have a purple tint to it when looking at the upper display and the system is turned off.

(I believe it has to due to the filtering that the protector provides and the glossy black plastic that covers the entire upper panel. however, this does not appear to detract or affect the display once the system is turned on)

picture with the system powered off shot with an iphone 3GS (my SLR's flash detracted way too much)

3DS%20off.jpg

3DS%20on.jpg

edit:
the protective cover on my 3DS is HORI's silicone cover available in black and white (shown above)
amazon.com sells the black version, but not the white

black cover:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Silicone-Protector-Black/dp/B004K6LQA8
http://www.play-asia.com/Protect_Case_3DS_Clear/paOS-13-71-18g-49-en-70-439z.html

white cover:
http://www.play-asia.com/Silicon_Cover_3DS_White/paOS-13-71-18g-49-en-70-439y.html

edit2:
apparently, HORI USA has it's own webshop and most of their products are available
http://www.hori.jp/us/products_DS.htm[/QUOTE]

oh thank you so much for the photos, it really helps a lot! does the bottom screen become less sensitive to touch with the protector? and are the case's any good?

5 minutes to midnight...got home with plenty of time left to set up my 3DS for the Ambassador program! I am just glad I made it in time, because otherwise I would be bitching up a storm about Nintendo right now! I am going to rub my new status in all of my friends' faces come tomorrow; those suckers!

:lol:

[quote name='pandanese90']anyone want to be my friend??[/QUOTE]

Yes, no one I know has a 3DS yet. I have my FC in my sig, if anyone else wants to add me send me a PM with your FC.

Other than Mario vs DK and Tetris is there any games that should buy in the eShop? Has anyone tried the new golf game that just came out?

bread's done
Back