Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anything guarantee this as retroactive for those who have already done the Fire Emblem survey?

Man, what would I use those 30 bucks on? Probably Denpa Men 2 and some other stuff like that Shining Force Game Gear game
Ace Attorney 5 is coming later this year, and is digital only. (Unless Capcom changes their mind due to fan support.)

Also downloading Pokemon X and Y results in multiple save files.

Does anything guarantee this as retroactive for those who have already done the Fire Emblem survey?
Their word on a publicly displayed webpage?

"Already registered Fire Emblem Awakening? Simply register Shin Megami Tensei IV by August 31 to qualify for this offer."

Basically zero chance of a price drop with this promo
I think he meant a standard edition at the $40 price point that doesn't include all the extras. I actually think with this promo it becomes a lot more likely since the first run will probably sell out. But who knows you could always buy it August 1st at a place with a 30 day return and return it if a standard edition gets released. I'll prob just buy the $50 one and sell all the added stuff, if I can net $20 plus the promo would make this game basically free minus leg work.

Edit: How much is the digital only version going to be? That might also be an option if you don't want the bonuses.

I find it ridiculous that eShop price is same as basically a collectors edition price... wtf Nintendo...

Their word on a publicly displayed webpage?

"Already registered Fire Emblem Awakening? Simply register Shin Megami Tensei IV by August 31 to qualify for this offer."
Oh alright, thanks. Must have added that after the OP's screenshots, I checked the part of the page that wasn't pictured, but not the part that was. :p

This is awesome! I bought FE:A on sale for 29.99 a couple weeks ago at bestbuy.com and I got the Shin IV pre order off newegg for 41.99. Love you Nintendo getting a free 30.00 credit for something I would of bought anyways! Now what to spend the credit on..... any thoughts? I rather buy as much hard copies of games as possible. Still need soul hackers and Tales of Abyss..... Perhaps FE:A DLC or zelda seasons?

I think he meant a standard edition at the $40 price point that doesn't include all the extras. I actually think with this promo it becomes a lot more likely since the first run will probably sell out. But who knows you could always buy it August 1st at a place with a 30 day return and return it if a standard edition gets released. I'll prob just buy the $50 one and sell all the added stuff, if I can net $20 plus the promo would make this game basically free minus leg work.

Edit: How much is the digital only version going to be? That might also be an option if you don't want the bonuses.
The other Atlus first print last more than a month. Even after the 1st print is gone that doesn't mean there will be a price drop.

retailers get mad if digital is cheaper
But they are not the same product... one is the game plus extra things... other is just the game....

thats like going to a store and buying chocolate dipped strawberries for 1$, then going to another store and them telling you that they also charge a 1$ for standard strawberries because its the same thing...

or

Its like getting a wash and a wax for $5, and then getting just the wash for $5... which one are you going to pick?

Its just f#$king the customer...

Is there a good change this game drops to regular price by August 31st? Isn't it only $50 because of the special packaging in the first run?
It's not like it used to be where the only way to get an Atlus game was to pre-order so only the pre-orders got the goodies. This is what's going to be available for a while after launch with no hint of a $40 version anywhere. They might even say fuck it and just keep selling it at $50 with the collectibles if it's doing well enough.

Oh alright, thanks. Must have added that after the OP's screenshots, I checked the part of the page that wasn't pictured, but not the part that was. :p
No problem, they put an actual page up on Club Nintendo with the details this morning.

Awesome, now just to decide where the hell to buy IV at. I freaking hate exclusive DLC. Any word if it will be available to buy later?

Sucks I bought FE A on release digitally, but didn't know I only had 7 days to fill out the survey, so it says "missed", or something on the survey in my account. Is that something Club Ninty CS could help with (making it qualify)? Sucks cuz I own the game, but missed the survey. I did do the post play survey, though, but that's not what it says is required. Ughh, digital :evil:

Sucks I bought FE A on release digitally, but didn't know I only had 7 days to fill out the survey, so it says "missed", or something on the survey in my account. Is that something Club Ninty CS could help with (making it qualify)? Sucks cuz I own the game, but missed the survey. I did do the post play survey, though, but that's not what it says is required. Ughh, digital :evil:
It does say that you have to complete the registration survey on the promotional page so I would contact customer service and see if there's anything they can do for you. Even if you don't get the coins maybes there's something they can flip on your account that will make sure it qualifies.

Glad to hear Nintendo didn't make this promo like the 3DS XL on a qualifying date. I like how if both games are registered to the account by a 8/31 you get the credit. I could just imagine how many pissed off fans there would be if they set restrictions.

Well done Nintendo on a fantastic promo! *SOLD*

Yep it looks horrible. Battle system looks so, so dated...
Maybe you should give it the series a chance. it's very different watching a video and actually playing the game. I think this promotion is for newcomers like you who may be new to one series or another.

I was going to wait til SMT IV came down in price cause I really don't care about the extra stuff you get with the game, I just wanted the game itself, but with this deal I'm definitely going to preorder now because that would essentially take the cost of the game down to 20 dollars for me. I will probably end up using the eshop credit for Fire Emblem and SMT IV dlc. Absolutely great deal..

The only thing really "dated" about the battle system is that it's in first person (which many people like, and has seen a decent resurgence lately). Otherwise it has a pretty normal JRPG  battle system.

MEGA DEAL

Only twist is you have to wait until SMT IV comes out to use this code.

Order through mobile newegg, use "WALLET" promotion code, and get $15 off your order. How is this connected to this deal?

Add FE:A & SMTIV to your cart. That should add up to $90.

= $75.

This is great, already registered FE:A and have SMTIV pre-ordered. I hope this promo works well for Nintendo and we see more like this.

MEGA DEAL

Only twist is you have to wait until SMT IV comes out to use this code.

Order through mobile newegg, use "WALLET" promotion code, and get $15 off your order. How is this connected to this deal?

Add FE:A & SMTIV to your cart. That should add up to $90.

= $75.
Assuming the deal lasts until next week, and assuming the $5 shipping changes to free once the game comes out. I'm admittedly skeptical. :/

I just wish the $30 could be split for both the Wii U and the 3DS instead of being forced to choose one or the other. 

I already bought FE:A from the Target B2G1 back in March, and then I end up seeing SMTIV in my Amazon gold box for $47.40.  

I now have a lighter wallet.

I already bought FE:A from the Target B2G1 back in March, and then I end up seeing SMTIV in my Amazon gold box for $47.40.

Lucky. I never get that stuff, closest I came is the wrong flavor of Pokemon X/Y. Though at the moment I have FE:A in it but of course that's the half I already have.

is there a trick of getting games in your gold box.. i had it in my gold box and ordered it but then cancelled it when i got it though newegg cheaper but the horror stories i been hearing about newegg i would rather have it via amazon or gamestop..

Heads up as well..

you get a DLC outfit at amazon and gamestop (NONE AT NEWEGG) what you probally could sell off for the same discount at newegg

is there a trick of getting games in your gold box.. i had it in my gold box and ordered it but then cancelled it when i got it though newegg cheaper but the horror stories i been hearing about newegg i would rather have it via amazon or gamestop..

Heads up as well..

you get a DLC outfit at amazon and gamestop (NONE AT NEWEGG) what you probally could sell off for the same discount at newegg
Newegg is great as a whole but they are developing a well deserved poor reputation for launch day video game delivery among some other issues. As far as I understand the gold box it's based on what you look at and have bought and when I'm looking at the most video game stuff that's when I get something at least. Don't know if there's a trick or it's possible to influence it enough to get things you actually want though.

Heads up as well..

I am not sure how it determines what ends up there. However, I was searching for it yesterday, but didn't order it. Maybe give that a shot and check tomorrow.

For reference, 2/6 items in my gold box were items I searched for yesterday. The other 4 I hadn't viewed, but were related to those two items.

any other deals other than the google wallet one going on? Since that cant really be used since you can pre-order on mobile site?

Sweet, already pre ordered SMT IV on Amazon with a bunch of trade-in credit. Gonna use that $30 towards Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.  \:D/

According to the small text from that thread, it lasts a LONG time. It's not a weekly deal.
I will bet you my entire game collection that deal doesn't last into August. Any promo Newegg runs ends as soon as the allocated funds run out, and they never give you any warning. Most last a day or two then it's done.

bread's done
Back