Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
have there been any deals for FE?  I think the $30 sale is gone, so any where else ?

preorded SMTIV from the egg for 42 free shipping so getting the 30 will be nice.

I will bet you my entire game collection that deal doesn't last into August. Any promo Newegg runs ends as soon as the allocated funds run out, and they never give you any warning. Most last a day or two then it's done.
have there been any deals for FE? I think the $30 sale is gone, so any where else ?

preorded SMTIV from the egg for 42 free shipping so getting the 30 will be nice.
B2G1 at Target, $20 off $50 at Rakuten, or a 15% off coupon randomly in your Power Up Rewards account while GameStop has it for $30 are the only times its been cheaper than $30 AFAIK.

what am I gonna do with my $30? I'm going to have to rearrange my home screen all over again! 

zelda dx for sure, maybe that trials game... denpa 2..... MY BRAIN

Chrushev: "any other deals other than the google wallet one going on? Since that cant really be used since you can pre-order on mobile site?"

None that I see, but it's worth mentioning that pre-order items aren't valid for the wallet promotion anyways. If the deal lasts long enough till SMT4 comes out then maybe you could get it, though I don't know if you'll get the pre-order bonuses.

Wow - just saw this thread.  I have FE and haven't opened it yet and I preordered SMT IV a few weeks ago when it showed up in my Gold Box quick picks.  I wasn't planning on opening it any time soon - was going to sit on it for a while and maybe play it in a year when either it would be common or the first print would be worth a ton and I could just buy a plain one to play.

But now I may have to crack open both of these games sooner than I anticipated.

I have no idea if I'd want the $30 credit on my 3DS or Wii U though.  The only game I've ever bought digitally from Nintendo since the early days of the Wii VC was Animal Crossing New Leaf.  I just don't see much else I'd want digitally but of course $30 in credit helps ;).

It's great if this is retroactive for people who already registered FE, but it sucks that the 3DS XL + game promo didn't work that way while this one does.  I had just registered my 3DS XL a few weeks before that promo (where people got a free game).

My shipping estimate on Amazon just changed from July 22nd - July 26th to July 18th by 8:00PM(FSSS). Is this common? Are they planning on shipping copies earlier than usual?

My shipping estimate on Amazon just changed from July 22nd - July 26th to July 18th by 8:00PM(FSSS). Is this common? Are they planning on shipping copies earlier than usual?
well prime gets release day maybe they pushed up free shipping as well

Tempted to buy one via amazon or gamestop to get same day BUT NEWEGG 42 wont let me... hopefully new egg dont fuck people over on these packages

I want Wayforward to release Shantae and the Pirate's Curse :whistle2:(
Might as well mention that next week, they're finally releasing the original GBC Shantae on the 3DS VC, if that means anything. Kind of hoping for a sale on the DSiWare game to celebrate, but not getting my hopes up.

& seems I might've gotten the last copy or so of FE:A yesterday at GameStop. After in-store credit, only $3.33. I also told the cashier, who I notice seems to work there every time I visit (& I think they know me as one of their biggest customers) of the deal and he was completely shocked, especially since he was looking forward to SMT4. Think I got at least one of them convinced to take advantage of the deal as well.

Wow - just saw this thread. I have FE and haven't opened it yet and I preordered SMT IV a few weeks ago when it showed up in my Gold Box quick picks. I wasn't planning on opening it any time soon - was going to sit on it for a while and maybe play it in a year when either it would be common or the first print would be worth a ton and I could just buy a plain one to play.

But now I may have to crack open both of these games sooner than I anticipated.

I have no idea if I'd want the $30 credit on my 3DS or Wii U though. The only game I've ever bought digitally from Nintendo since the early days of the Wii VC was Animal Crossing New Leaf. I just don't see much else I'd want digitally but of course $30 in credit helps ;).

It's great if this is retroactive for people who already registered FE, but it sucks that the 3DS XL + game promo didn't work that way while this one does. I had just registered my 3DS XL a few weeks before that promo (where people got a free game).
Do you like Phoenix Wright? The new one is coming out as a digital only download on the EShop.

well prime gets release day maybe they pushed up free shipping as well

Tempted to buy one via amazon or gamestop to get same day BUT NEWEGG 42 wont let me... hopefully new egg dont fuck people over on these packages
I would say there's a 99% chance it shows up in a bubble mailer with 1 or more corners dinged up. I cancelled my Newegg pre-order cause I can just see the fiasco of nightmare stories of receiving a damage item. It might cost more on Amazon but you have a better chance of it showing up undamaged and you won't have to deal with Neweggs shitty customer service.

Newegg is good for non LE/CE's from my past experience of pre-ordering from them.

I would say there's a 99% chance it shows up in a bubble mailer with 1 or more corners dinged up. I cancelled my Newegg pre-order cause I can just see the fiasco of nightmare stories of receiving a damage item. It might cost more on Amazon but you have a better chance of it showing up undamaged and you won't have to deal with Neweggs shitty customer service.

Newegg is good for non LE/CE's from my past experience of pre-ordering from them.
Seems to depend on where you're located. In my case (Oregon) Newegg puts even the smallest things in nice big boxes with protection, whereas Amazon's packaging is awful.

I'm ashamed to say that despite buying all of them I have yet to play a single one...
I was the same.. Bought all of them, was always on my to do list. Once I actually started playing it I was hooked.
I dare you to play the first one, you will be playing them all non stop until you've beat them all. >D

Seems to depend on where you're located. In my case (Oregon) Newegg puts even the smallest things in nice big boxes with protection, whereas Amazon's packaging is awful.
Interesting... i'm in Montana and have had a similar experience. Newegg isn't very punctual, but packaging and price are right.

Interesting... i'm in Montana and have had a similar experience. Newegg isn't very punctual, but packaging and price are right.
Probably the quirks of dealing with regional warehouses and their managers.

Probably the quirks of dealing with regional warehouses and their managers.
I am in Southern California and things from Newegg usually arrive within 24 hours and are always packaged very nicely. Their RMA is always lightning fast and Ive never had problem with them in the 7 years I have been using them for basically everything electronics.

I am in Southern California and things from Newegg usually arrive within 24 hours and are always packaged very nicely. Their RMA is always lightning fast and Ive never had problem with them in the 7 years I have been using them for basically everything electronics.
Well yeah, their main warehouse is in City of Industry so I would hope you got things quickly.

since many people said they  get   preorders shipped early, i was sort of hoping it would move into shipping today   or tomorrow.....  starting to doubt  i get it  by tuesday  via  newegg 

Hoping Newegg has another SMT preorder deal, or the Wallet discount holds until release. Fingers crossed but I never see these things in time.

Man, I wasn't going to buy SMT4, but since I already have Fire Emblem, this is worth it.

Also, I have a spare Club Nintendo code for Fire Emblem physical version that may or may not have been redeemed. I bought a physical copy for $20 on Warehouse Deals a few weeks ago, but I bought the game digitally when it first came out as well.

PM me if you're someone who is only buying SMT4 and wants to give the code a try. I'll probably take a day or two to respond.

Being a giant bomb/ Ryan Davis fan helps if I get multiple requests.. 

Last edited:
Man, I wasn't going to buy SMT4, but since I already have Fire Emblem, this is worth it.

Also, I have a spare Club Nintendo code for Fire Emblem physical version that may or may not have been redeemed. I bought a physical copy for $20 on Warehouse Deals a few weeks ago, but I bought the game digitally when it first came out as well.

PM me if you're someone who is only buying SMT4 and wants to give the code a try. I'll probably take a day or two to respond.

Being a giant bomb/ Ryan Davis fan helps if I get multiple requests..
I think you can check if the code works by trying to redeem it without being logged in.

I want to wait soo bad to get SMT 4 since I rather get a sale price over the limited edition stuff. Do any of you think the $50 price point will go down by Aug 31st?

I want to wait soo bad to get SMT 4 since I rather get a sale price over the limited edition stuff. Do any of you think the $50 price point will go down by Aug 31st?
I doubt it, and even if it did, you could probably sell the LE stuff for as much as or more than you'd be saving.

I had a Target gift card a couple months ago and ended up getting Fire Emblem for $10. I don't even know much about SMTIV, but I'm seriously considering getting it because of this deal.

I doubt it, and even if it did, you could probably sell the LE stuff for as much as or more than you'd be saving.
not sure about that.. shipping that LE crap will be a pain in the ass... 167 page book would cost probally 7 to 8 bucks just to ship with the other junk

Can the new Streetpass Games be purchased with this credit through the eShop? I'm 99% sure the answer's yes, but just want to be positive.

Thanks!!!

Yeah I don't want the hassle with shipping and stuff for people who would prob want it sold with the game as well.

I just hope they sell just the game at the typical 40 dollar price.

well newegg fucked up my order   said  they cant  bill my credit card so was cancelled  but  feel free to reorder   at the 50 price  (instead of the 42 i had it at)

well newegg fucked up my order said they cant bill my credit card so was cancelled but feel free to reorder at the 50 price (instead of the 42 i had it at)
Get it Amazon for that price since you'll be able to net the DLC. Sell the DLC (or hoard it until it becomes rare to make maximum profit).

Edit: Was able to preorder SMTIV off of Amazon for only $47 along with all its bonus DLC/LE packaging.

Get it Amazon for that price since you'll be able to net the DLC. Sell the DLC (or hoard it until it becomes rare to make maximum profit).

Edit: Was able to preorder SMTIV off of Amazon for only $47 along with all its bonus DLC/LE packaging.
How did you get that deal? Amazon has it for 49.92 + tax.

not sure what im doing yet either the amazon or the gamestop way (since i have credit at both)

EDIT what is weird Now my newegg listing is back as pending.... what really did not add up when the canceled it cause i have no problem with my CC

was hoping it would of went into shippin today to get it tuesday (thought people said newegg shipped early so you got them release day)

depending on how long it takes i doubt i deal with them again

the 47 buck price is for people who get it in the GOLD BOX

Excellent - bought FE at launch and have SMTIV pre-ordered. I'll probably save my credit towards Ace Attorney. Now just have to try to fit SMT into my backlog (currently working through PXZ).

well newegg fucked up my order said they cant bill my credit card so was cancelled but feel free to reorder at the 50 price (instead of the 42 i had it at)
Just checked and mine is still safe. I had them change my Shipping Address last week so I hope that doesn't screw anything up.

Just checked and mine is still safe. I had them change my Shipping Address last week so I hope that doesn't screw anything up.
was hoping this shipped out saturday cause many have said they get it on release day... so i called them up to see what was going on with the charge and they said it was abug. they said the item WILL NOT SHIP till JULY 17 to 18 and please allow 3 shipping days or more so wont gt it till the 22 or 23

no longer counting on getting this game anywhere near release day with newegg now .... i might just take the 8 buck hit and pick it up at gamestop instead of waiting... i know if it dont ship by tuesday i will

bread's done
Back