Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Animal Crossing New Leaf worth getting? As I'm thinking of putting my credit on it
If you feel like destroying your life then yes, absolutely. If you don't feel like doing that and the idea of paying off a virtual mortgage by working doesn't appeal to you well that's your problem.

Interestingly my SMT4 replacement just shipped and it's coming from a different warehouse so we'll see if it comes better packaged or in better shape.
My replacement just arrived, and came in a slightly different bubble mailer. This one was in perfect condition though.

As tempted as I was to get a take out the second club nintendo code, I left the other game sealed.

I'm like 106 hours into Animal Crossing (got it day one).  First game in the series I've played.  I love it.  Great to veg out for 30 mins to an hour a day doing daily errand stuff (digging fossils, buying new things from the store, beetle runs on the island etc.).  And can also be played for longer sessions if you want to rack up more money, reorganize the home, work on custom designs etc.  It's definitely not for everyone--but I was one that thought it was silly (and had hated Sims games etc.) and have really gotten into it.

It's a great game to have digitally too since it's something I go back to for at least a bit pretty much every day, so it's nice to not have to keep swapping game cards in and out.  I can just leave whatever else I'm playing in and just jump to AC from the home menu.

I'm like 106 hours into Animal Crossing (got it day one). First game in the series I've played. I love it. Great to veg out for 30 mins to an hour a day doing daily errand stuff (digging fossils, buying new things from the store, beetle runs on the island etc.). And can also be played for longer sessions if you want to rack up more money, reorganize the home, work on custom designs etc. It's definitely not for everyone--but I was one that thought it was silly (and had hated Sims games etc.) and have really gotten into it.

It's a great game to have digitally too since it's something I go back to for at least a bit pretty much every day, so it's nice to not have to keep swapping game cards in and out. I can just leave whatever else I'm playing in and just jump to AC from the home menu.
Oh nice. Maybe I should give it a go then. :D

My replacement just arrived, and came in a slightly different bubble mailer. This one was in perfect condition though.

As tempted as I was to get a take out the second club nintendo code, I left the other game sealed.
Yeah, my replacement came in a bubble mailer as well but this time was one of the Amazon branded ones which are significantly better than the generic ones. Still had a little bend in the top but is a world better than the first one. They came from different warehouses too which I found interesting and why I probably got the better bubble mailer this time around.

Crimson Shroud is an awesome game in the 3DS eshop if anyone's considering it.. I think I'll use the credit on my Wii U but I dunno.. any good sales in the e-shop? We have until the end of the year so I'm hoping Nintendo follows Sony & Microsoft and has a big e-shop and DLC sale at some point in the next few months.

Their decisions on Platinum and Gold gifts to me reflect the losses they've taken as a result of poor console sales. Their biggest problem is the lack of advertising. I sometimes forget Wii U exists and I own one! Need those new games to come out already.

I figure I'll use part of the $30 for the Fire Emblem DLC once i pick that up (bought an SMT code from a CAG last night).

Sure there will be plenty more I want on 3DS eshop down the road, be it VC releases, DLC or some retail game I'd rather have digitally.  I'll never get a Wii U, so that's my only option anyway.

Crimson Shroud is an awesome game in the 3DS eshop if anyone's considering it.. I think I'll use the credit on my Wii U but I dunno.. any good sales in the e-shop? We have until the end of the year so I'm hoping Nintendo follows Sony & Microsoft and has a big e-shop and DLC sale at some point in the next few months.

Their decisions on Platinum and Gold gifts to me reflect the losses they've taken as a result of poor console sales. Their biggest problem is the lack of advertising. I sometimes forget Wii U exists and I own one! Need those new games to come out already.
i cant ever recall a Major E shop sale

Just couldn't pass up the Newegg deal.  Ended up paying $35.98 for SMTIV and a small USB cable.  Was trying to hold off on SMTIV since I am currently involved in AC:NL, but the $30 eShop pushed me over the edge.

Well shit. My 3DS backlog is getting pretty damned out of control now. And Imma use my $30 on Monster Hunter which I can't imagine is a good idea.

Thanks OP. 

Edit: Well, I'm pretty sure it worked earlier when I checked.  Now that I tried it again, I didn't see Google Wallet as a payment choice.  Not exactly sure why that is.

I'm like 106 hours into Animal Crossing (got it day one). First game in the series I've played. I love it. Great to veg out for 30 mins to an hour a day doing daily errand stuff (digging fossils, buying new things from the store, beetle runs on the island etc.). And can also be played for longer sessions if you want to rack up more money, reorganize the home, work on custom designs etc. It's definitely not for everyone--but I was one that thought it was silly (and had hated Sims games etc.) and have really gotten into it.

It's a great game to have digitally too since it's something I go back to for at least a bit pretty much every day, so it's nice to not have to keep swapping game cards in and out. I can just leave whatever else I'm playing in and just jump to AC from the home menu.
This represents my experience as well, but add twin girls and a wife who share my 3DS and my town and it becomes a battle royale at the house to see who gets to play the damn thing.

Got my $30 credit and I'm debating over Project X Zone and Animal Crossing. I had to break the shrinkwrap on Fire Emblem to use the code and I got it in February with my 3DS. Yeah, the backlog is out of hand...

Well shit. My 3DS backlog is getting pretty damned out of control now. And Imma use my $30 on Monster Hunter which I can't imagine is a good idea.

Thanks OP.
Go for Monster Hunter 4 instead, so you can finish more of your backlog before it releases. My 3DS backlog just keeps getting longer and I still have my DS backlog to go through.

Thanks OP.
Oh my god THIS. My 3DS backlog is insane. I have nearly every game worth getting. I havent even touched Luigi or MH3. Stuck on ACNL and FE. Now I just got castlevania and SMT. I am doomed.

My 3DS backlog isn't too bad, but only because I've held off on buying stuff since I don't have time to play it, and the good games almost never go on sale anyway.  Figure I'll just keep waiting and hope to find some deals by the time I get around to play stuff.

I got mine in March and have picked up:

• Super Mario 3D Land--beat and sold.  Didn't finish all the special worlds though, get too frustrated with platformers anymore.
  • Animal Crossing: NL--over 100 hours in it.  Play it a bit pretty much every day.
  • Luigi's Mansion--haven't started.  Bought to take advantage of the free game promo
  • Star Fox 64 3D--free game I picked from promo, haven't started.
  • Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages--wanted to grab them before the $5 sale price went away.  I'm at the 4th dungeon in Seasons
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening--grabbed with my Club Nintendo Gold Award

I'll pick up Fire Emblem in the next month to get the $30 since I bought an SMTIV code.  Otherwise, I probably won't pick up anytihng for a long while, as I want to clear out some of the above.  The new Zelda game I'll probably get for my b-day or xmas though.  That will be hard not to play right away.

Lot's of stuff I'd like to pick up and play eventually though, Mario Kart, DKC, Resident Evil Revelations etc.

Go for Monster Hunter 4 instead, so you can finish more of your backlog before it releases. My 3DS backlog just keeps getting longer and I still have my DS backlog to go through.
I've got Elite Beat Agents, 2 Phoenix Wright games, LoZ Phantom Hourglass, and TWEWY waiting for me. I can't figure out the exact moment the 3DS became the hottest system on the planet, but damn if it isn't.

My 3DS backlog isn't too bad, but only because I've held off on buying stuff since I don't have time to play it, and the good games almost never go on sale anyway. Figure I'll just keep waiting and hope to find some deals by the time I get around to play stuff.

I got mine in March and have picked up:

• Super Mario 3D Land--beat and sold. Didn't finish all the special worlds though, get too frustrated with platformers anymore.
  • Animal Crossing: NL--over 100 hours in it. Play it a bit pretty much every day.
  • Luigi's Mansion--haven't started. Bought to take advantage of the free game promo
  • Star Fox 64 3D--free game I picked from promo, haven't started.
  • Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages--wanted to grab them before the $5 sale price went away. I'm at the 4th dungeon in Seasons
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening--grabbed with my Club Nintendo Gold Award

I'll pick up Fire Emblem in the next month to get the $30 since I bought an SMTIV code. Otherwise, I probably won't pick up anytihng for a long while, as I want to clear out some of the above. The new Zelda game I'll probably get for my b-day or xmas though. That will be hard not to play right away.

Lot's of stuff I'd like to pick up and play eventually though, Mario Kart, DKC, Resident Evil Revelations etc.
I sometimes wish I had your kind of willpower so I wouldn't buy games when I already have a backlog. :D Anyway, I bought Luigi's Mansion for the same reason but then forgot to register it in time for the free game. The game still sits unplayed as well...

Got my copy of SMT from newegg in today. Came in a bubble mailer and was expecting it to be crushed to pieces, but it actually looks perfect. Probably because it only came a short distance from CA to WA. Great deal.

Got my copy of SMT from newegg in today. Came in a bubble mailer and was expecting it to be crushed to pieces, but it actually looks perfect. Probably because it only came a short distance from CA to WA. Great deal.
Lucky, my copy of SMTIV is being shipped all the way from New Jersey to CA ;_;

Expecting the worse

Expecting the worse
Lol my first one from Amazon shipped from 20 miles away and came ripped and crushed. Got the replacement today from KY and it was okay. Side and top bent a little but nothing compared to the first one.

i did a local gamestop pick up so i could avoid a crushed box. the first one they gave me had some box damage and i exchanged it right then and there. of course it was'nt a deal like on new egg, but i bought 2 $25 gift cards for $40 so it worked out. Now if I can sell the $30 eshop credit...

Lol my first one from Amazon shipped from 20 miles away and came ripped and crushed. Got the replacement today from KY and it was okay. Side and top bent a little but nothing compared to the first one.
Lexington I assume? That's where my second one shipped from and they used the higher quality bubble mailer, the Amazon branded one, where Whitestown, IN used the inferior generic bubble mailer. Just in general things coming from Lexington seem to be package a little better than the other warehouses in this region though that might be because Lexington seems to be one of their main warehouses.

Anyone know if this works for Club Nintendo family accounts? My girlfriend and I linked our two accounts so we can share coins. Would we be able to each claim this $30 promo or would it only work once per family account?

Anyone know if this works for Club Nintendo family accounts? My girlfriend and I linked our two accounts so we can share coins. Would we be able to each claim this $30 promo or would it only work once per family account?
nope it says one code per club account... you need two accounts to get 2 codes

Anyone familiar with the $15 off $50 newegg deal currently going on:

The terms/conditions state you can't stack this discount with other promotions, but I'm wondering if that applies to mail in rebates as well?

The idea is to buy fire emblem with a $10-15 filler item to bump it $50+, use the $15 off code and the MIR on the filler item - making Fire Emblem a $25 purchase.

The terms/conditions state you can't stack this discount with other promotions, but I'm wondering if that applies to mail in rebates as well?

The idea is to buy fire emblem with a $10-15 filler item to bump it $50+, use the $15 off code and the MIR on the filler item - making Fire Emblem a $25 purchase.
There's nothing wrong with this. The fine print you noticed usually pertains to other coupon codes that are applied at checkout.

Thanks OP, I'm glad I didn't miss out on this deal.  I got both games on release day because I wanted the extras, so it's great to get a free $30 worth of eShop credit as well.

Now I just need to decide on whether I want to get a bunch of 3DS games now, or wait and see if I get a wiiU before the end of the year :D

I'm thinking of using this deal too to get Shin Megami Tensei, so essentially it'll be $35 on Newegg, and actually $5 after taking the eShop credit into account.

Also, does anyone know if the eShop credit can be used for the Wii U's eShop? I'm pretty sure it's 3DS eShop only, but it'd be nice to have on the Wii U...

I'm thinking of using this deal too to get Shin Megami Tensei, so essentially it'll be $35 on Newegg, and actually $5 after taking the eShop credit into account.

Also, does anyone know if the eShop credit can be used for the Wii U's eShop? I'm pretty sure it's 3DS eShop only, but it'd be nice to have on the Wii U...
Offer says both systems.

Thanks OP, I'm glad I didn't miss out on this deal. I got both games on release day because I wanted the extras, so it's great to get a free $30 worth of eShop credit as well.

Now I just need to decide on whether I want to get a bunch of 3DS games now, or wait and see if I get a wiiU before the end of the year :D

Get a Wii U next year

Do you know anything like that with a MIR on it? Because I was thinking of doing a deal like that but I don't know what to add.

Just figured I'd report, I ordered from Amazon and mine shipped out in a box, and arrived just fine. Live in southeast US.

Also to those debating on what to get, don't forget October isn't that far away, and buying digital means unlimited save files across multiple SD cards, for Pokemon X and Y. Also Ace Attorney V is coming out this year, and will be released digitally only, unless petitioning changes Capcom's mind.

Do you know anything like that with a MIR on it? Because I was thinking of doing a deal like that but I don't know what to add.
At the moment, no. Yesterday or the day before there were ethernet cables for $6 with a $6 MIR with a buy limit of 3. Unfortunately buying 2 of them was $3 shipping. Still, Fire Emblem would have been $28 that way.

A few days before that they had a bunch of stuff for free after rebate, most sold out quickly but there was a $15 refurb Emerson Clock Radio for free. Would have jumped on that but I didn't know how the deal worked.

Bottom line I'd hit up slickdeals' front page deals every now and then and see if newegg has any more stuff like that in the next month. Considering they did 2 in one week I'd say the odds are pretty good you'll make out alright.

Just not digging this game. I like Persona 3 better because of the card aspect and not having to recruit the demons, this game is too hard for me. I died twice in the 2nd mission. No issues like this in strategy games like Fire Emblem or Project X Zone.

Probably just going to trade it into GS for $32 credit as there's no market for used copies w/used Club N codes on EBay and I can't sell it on Amazon for a month.
Are you on Easy mode?

This is what I'm worried about. I hate hard games and I don't want all the crap that comes with the box version.

Just figured I'd report, I ordered from Amazon and mine shipped out in a box, and arrived just fine. Live in southeast US.

Also to those debating on what to get, don't forget October isn't that far away, and buying digital means unlimited save files across multiple SD cards, for Pokemon X and Y. Also Ace Attorney V is coming out this year, and will be released digitally only, unless petitioning changes Capcom's mind.
I was going to put the credit towards Pokemon or Zelda but I just can't see myself doing that because even if I keep both of them for two years I'll still probably be able to turn around and resell them for at least $20 where Phoenix Wright I'm stuck buying from them and will never be able to resell.

Just not digging this game. I like Persona 3 better because of the card aspect and not having to recruit the demons, this game is too hard for me. I died twice in the 2nd mission. No issues like this in strategy games like Fire Emblem or Project X Zone.
I've definitely had to do a bit of grinding to get past a couple of the early missions but that was because my demon team was about as wrong for the fights as you could get and I couldn't string enough press attacks together on my turn. From what I understand that's fairly intentional and something they're trying to teach early because the game's supposed to get incredibly hard later on if you can't use the systems right. There's definitely a lot going on and I do wish there was a little more in game description on stuff since there's no printed manual and the guide doesn't seem too helpful just for quick reference. I'm at the other end of the spectrum though and feeling like this would probably be my GOTY if not for The Last of Us.

Are you on Easy mode?

This is what I'm worried about. I hate hard games and I don't want all the crap that comes with the box version.
That's why I passed on it and just bought a code. I'm pretty positive I just wouldn't like it with my loathing of hard and/or complicated games. Setting didn't seem like my cup of tea either as I'm not big into JRPG/anime type stuff at all.

Expecting the worse
Just got my copy today and thank you New Jersey Newegg Warehouse for being awesome and packaging my game and filler item in a box! Now I just need to get Fire Emblem to get my credit.

dxpdowT.jpg

bread's done
Back