Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have succesfully claimed this promo twice on my club nintendo family account.

For those of you who were wondering if you could claim the promo more then once.

You should be just fine in that regard since you're dealing with physical copies and the system's only required to enter the $30 credit, everything else is done online.
Okay, cool; thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be screwing myself over by registering them before linking it to a system. :)

Ok, just had something weird happen. I just received my copy of SMT4. I went to the Nintendo website to register the product and when I was finished, I received the $30 credit. I never entered my Fire Emblem code. After I received my code, I registered my Fire emblem code and it gave me more coins and accepted my code so there is no doubt that I got the credit with only the SMT4 code. Try it out before entering the Fire Emblem code. You might get lucky!
Didn't work for me :( Ah well. Still got a great deal on the games from newegg with the google wallet promo + $10 gift card that I had.

I used my $30 credit from this promo and a $20 pre paid card on the Wii U in hopes of getting the $5 credit. If it doesn't work though I guess it's not a huge loss cause I wanted to get Earthbound anyways.

Just got this email (after 5 days) from Nintendo Customer Support:

Hello,
Thanks for writing to us! I apologize for the delay in response. To answer your question, according to the promotion details only money added from a credit\debit card or a prepaid card will count towards the promotion. The $30 eShop promotion will not count towards it.

I hope you have found this information useful. If you have any more questions feel free to reply!
Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Brady Curtis
So, yeah, I was just about to do this (almost did it last night). I'm still not sure it won't count since like I posted earlier the $30 promo instructions are to enter it like a pre-paid card. If all he is doing is reading the "credit and prepaid card" bit on the $50/$100 promo then he may know no more than we do and is just speculating.

Just got this email (after 5 days) from Nintendo Customer Support:

So, yeah, I was just about to do this (almost did it last night). I'm still not sure it won't count since like I posted earlier the $30 promo instructions are to enter it like a pre-paid card. If all he is doing is reading the "credit and prepaid card" bit on the $50/$100 promo then he may know no more than we do and is just speculating.
Thanks for the update. I got my two games registered and got the $30 code too. I went ahead and added it to my Wii U balance, then added another $20 via credit card; hopefully I'll be eligible for the $5 credit, but if not it's not too big of a deal. The $15-off-$50 Newegg Wallet deal helped save me some monies on SMT4 anyway.

Well, I went ahead and added my $20 card and my $30 promo onto my Wii U eshop account.  Hopefully I get the extra $5 but if not, oh well, I figured I'd get more use out of it there anyway (maybe buy the new Mario game this fall).  I do want those new StreetPass games for my 3DS though (especially if I end up going to PAX).  I guess I'll have to pick up another $20 card with my Gamestop credit...

Just bought game for this. hopefully the $30 plus my own $20 counts for the $5 bonus. if not, no big deal. still getting cloudberry and spin the bottle

Just use the two codes on separate account. You won't be able to use the coins you earn from them on your main account, but the $30.00 credit comes as a code you can use on any account you want, I think.
HUGE FYI for those doing or thinking of doing this. My club nintendo accounts were banned and the credit I received from the code removed as well as any purchases made with the credit being deleted.

HUGE FYI for those doing or thinking of doing this. My club nintendo accounts were banned and the credit I received from the code removed as well as any purchases made with the credit being deleted.
..How did you get banned?

Edit: oh, you made two accounts to exploit the deal? Great going, you better call them and apologize.

Are you guys all saving the credit for pokemon or using it for mario&luigi?  Anything else worth dropping it on?

I'm kind of confused, I created my own Nintendo Account to get the coins and the code from the promotion, but I'm planning to give the $30 code to my sister to use because I don't have a 3DS yet, and I don't really like digital games.

That should be fine right?

I'm kind of confused, I created my own Nintendo Account to get the coins and the code from the promotion, but I'm planning to give the $30 code to my sister to use because I don't have a 3DS yet, and I don't really like digital games.

yea the code can be redeemed on any 3DS or WiiU console

The problem is people making duplicate accounts (not child accounts) to exploit the deal.

anyone have a spare smt4 code? couldnt get one at gamestop :c message me if so usually dont ask for stuff like this

I have Fire Emblem but no Shin Megami Tensei... Is there anyone with an extra code? Have a bunch of cheap steam games and such.

Does anyone have a SMT IV CN code for sale?

PM me if you do

Its been pretty well noted that Nintendo has cracked down on the multiple accounts/"abuse". I only dare put my daughter in my family account as I don't want to get banned even if it's legit.
Last year before all the points values dropped I made a regular account for my daughter which ought to be legit (she's 16 now). But I had forgotten that I has used her email for one of the child sub-accounts I had set up a few years back (that I didn't even use). They banned both that account and my main 7-8 year old account that went all the way back to Gamecube and GBA registrations. I got them to remove the ban on the older account and they even reinstated my platinum prize (this was about a year ago after the time to pick prizes had passed but before they shipped). I was happy enough to get that back that I didn't bother with my daughter's account although afterwards I thought maybe I should have pushed for that a bit. I lost 600-700 coins from it.

So they had matched the emails used in both accounts and banned them that way. I'm not sure how they would crack down on the SMT/FE coupon thing if you used different names/emails though. I mean if you use another real person for the second account there is nothing wrong with that. I didn't see anything about "1 per household" in the fine print. Club Nintendo accounts are not even 1 per household - my wife also has one and they left that one alone last year when they banned the other 2.

I wonder how they figured it out. Did he redeem both codes on the same EShop account?!
I have my account, and my brother has another. They are on a family account. We used the codes on our own 3DS units, not the same Eshop. Our 3ds are linked to our own specific club nintendo account. I had used mine when the deal first came out. He used his a couple days ago and bam banned. The credit he had on his system was gone, and the games I used to purchase with mine were deleted.

I have my account, and my brother has another. They are on a family account. We used the codes on our own 3DS units, not the same Eshop. Our 3ds are linked to our own specific club nintendo account. I had used mine when the deal first came out. He used his a couple days ago and bam banned. The credit he had on his system was gone, and the games I used to purchase with mine were deleted.
That doesn't sound like grounds for banning.

That doesn't sound like grounds for banning.
I tried calling the number they gave but they didn't give a reason. The person on the phone said a TOS violation, but don't know the details. The address listed on my and my brother's club nintendo accounts is the same. The emails and other information outside of our last names is different. We would get our plat prizes without a problem, and anything redeemed with coins with no issue either. This though was a no no, so I don't know if its because of the family account or not. Sucks because I have about 1300 coins still on my end, while he has 600 or so on his.

I've qualified for one $30.00 credit on my account, the Family admin account.

Via a child account, could I qualify for a second $30.00 credit?

I think someone said yes earlier in this topic, but multiple confirmations would be nice.

Just wanted to let you all know that I just got my $10 rebate promotion.

So I can confirm to you that yes, the $30 credit from the FE/SMT promotion DOES count toward the $5-$10 rebate promotion.

Free Earthbound, here I come!

So I can confirm to you that yes, the $30 credit from the FE/SMT promotion DOES count toward the $5-$10 rebate promotion.
awesome! thanks for the heads up. now to wait for $5

I can't add my code from this promo to my 3ds account.

I go to "add card" it tells me its not a valid number.

I go to the directions on the email about going under "other settings" and it tells me its a card and i need to add it under point cards.

WTF!!!!!!!!

Just got my SMTIV from BB shipped. Beat to hell and the case for the game is smashed in/broken, but everything is there so I guess there's that.

Yeah, I got the $5 code this afternoon for putting the $30 code and a $20 eShop card onto my Wii U account. That was a nice bonus since I wasn't expecting it after the Nintendo rep told me it wouldn't qualify (though I had a feeling he was just guessing - obviously he didn't know that for sure).

rawrker - I would call them back and ask for a supervisor. You said they took away eShop credit and games from you? If that is the case, I'd demand an explanation. It sounds like everything was OK on your end with regards to the two accounts so I would want to be sure it wasn't for some other reason (that might have been a mistake on their end).

So it sounds like selling my $30 ePoints for $25 amazon would get me and someone banned? Or is it just for people that redeem it twice?

So it sounds like selling my $30 ePoints for $25 amazon would get me and someone banned? Or is it just for people that redeem it twice?
Yeah, I'd be interested in that trade to get a little extra credit on my 3DS system. I was planning on buying an eShop card at Gamestop but I could just as easily buy an Amazon card and trade with you. But, since I already redeemed a $30 code on my Wii U I'd be hesitant to do a second one on my 3DS after what rawrker reported. It shouldn't be that way, but there you go...

Question:

If I buy multiple $30 eShop codes from people, without redeeming a Fire Emblem Awakening and SMT IV codes on Club Nintendo, could that lean to a ban?

I have no idea what to spend my $30 credit on.
Well as long as you redeem the code into your Wii U or 3DS eShop balance, the money won't expire, so no need to spend it asap. I'm just letting my $30 on Wii U sit there for a while, using it for VC titles I've already gotten on Wii before and other titles later.

wish I didnt give my SMT4 code away for free now cause I just came across a FE code lol >_>

dont pm me for it either

Just got around to registering my SMT code and I do like that they asked about the promo in the survey.  Hopefully a lot of people telling them they bought the game just for the promo will encourage them to do more of these things in the future.  Though I am interested to see some first month sales on SMT because I imagine that the promo probably gave it a healthy boost.

It feels so good to purchase both Zelda Oracle/Ages and Mega Man 3 with this promo money - can't beat the hours of gameplay, and Shin Megami is incredibly addictive as well.

There is always DLC for Fire Emeblem and Shin Megami Tensei IV that you can buy.
On the subject, having recently finished SMT IV, I can tell you the grinding maps (Exp, Macca, Apps) are well worth it. There is no other way to decently farm that shit in the game.

I wish they had included it in-game as New Game+ exclusive quests or something, though, since this just feels like a cash grab.

On the subject, having recently finished SMT IV, I can tell you the grinding maps (Exp, Macca, Apps) are well worth it. There is no other way to decently farm that shit in the game.

I wish they had included it in-game as New Game+ exclusive quests or something, though, since this just feels like a cash grab.
I haven't started the game yet but I'd say I'm pretty annoyed that there is anything not included (beyond cosmetic stuff like costumes) with a 3DS game that costs $50.

bread's done
Back