Nintendo DS Value Bundle @Walmart.com w/2 GOOD games = DSi for $169 or DSL for $129

GundamS

CAGiversary!
Deal just cooled down because the cheaper bundles now include only ONE bonus game ;)

Ok Walmart just upped the price by $20 for each bundle that includes 2 games :bomb::wall:

This WAS smoking hot deal IMO :lol:.

All bundles can be found here:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/CONSOLES/_/N-91cjZaq90ZaqceZ1yzo24q/Ne-aq7g?ic=39_0&ref=125866.421651+500524.4292541386&waRef=125866.421651+500524.4292541386&catNavId=489934&fromPageCatId=489934

You get a DSL and 2 GOOD games and an accessory kit all for $149.00 +tax

Hurry and enjoy :)

-Alice in Wonderland
-Cooking Mama 3: Chop and Shop (SOLD OUT) replaced by America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
-Mario & Sonic: Olympic Winter Games
-Mario Kart
-Mario Party DS
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief (back in stock)
-Pokemon HeartGold w/ Pokewalker
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon SoulSilver w/ Pokewalker
-Professor Layton: Curious Village (Sold Out)
-Scribblenauts
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
-Sonic Classic Collection
-Style Savvy
-Super Mario 64
-Zhu Zhu Pets (back in stock)
-Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (newly added)
Very nice list IMO

Accessory kits include:

DreamGear 17-in-1 Bundle Pack in various colors.

Tempted to buy if it weren't for the black Wii

Looks like there is a DSi similar bundle for $189 (same games)
-thanks tagout for pointing that out

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a DSI-XL with Pokey Soul Silver and sell the Pokey to Gazelle for $26. Not gonna do it, but for those that want to... that will get you DSI-XL for $163 unless there's shipping. Or get DS Lite or DSI and sell Pokey Silver and Pokey Gold ($26 and $20 respectively).

I had a Walmart gift card that I'd forgotten about, so I bit:

Nintendo DS Lite
(Nintendo DS Lite, Crimson Red) 1 Will arrive between Tuesday, 05/11/10, and Friday, 05/14/10.
Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home. $69.00
Pokemon HeartGold w/ Pokewalker (DS) 1 Will arrive between Tuesday, 05/11/10, and Friday, 05/14/10.
Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home. $25.00
Professor Layton: Curious Village (DS) 1 Will arrive between Tuesday, 05/11/10, and Friday, 05/14/10.
Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home. $25.00
Choose Your Bonus* Accessory Kit
(Nintendo Lite DS Starter Kit With Carrying Case, Black) 1 Will arrive between Tuesday, 05/11/10, and Friday, 05/14/10.
Eligible for Free Standard Shipping to Home. $10.00
Subtotal: $129.00
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $5.45
See our No-cost Returns or contact Customer Service
Walmart.com Total: $134.45

[quote name='gb2003']Now it is free shipping[/QUOTE]

Added to first post, thanks

I just wish the DSi XL included two games but I guess thats asking for too much :lol:

Got the bundle in order to have a second DS. Thanks, OP! I think I'll try returning the games and re-buying them used from GS with the 25PRE code.

Is the $40 to get a DSi instead of a DSLite worth it? I'm pretty sure I would never use the camera on the DS. As for the DSiWare, that might be nice to have. I am not sure how often that feature is utilized, and whether that is worth $40 though.

[quote name='regis100']Got the bundle in order to have a second DS. Thanks, OP! I think I'll try returning the games and re-buying them used from GS with the 25PRE code.[/QUOTE]

Does Wal-Mart allow this with your online receipt stating you bought it in a bundle?

damn, i missed the free shipping but I finally got myself a DS Lite....now I can stop using my g/f's pink one! =p

plus i got pokemon heart gold and mario & luigi for free! awesome deal!

Decisions decisions... now Dell is selling the white DSi for only $130 w/ fs! Is it worth the extra $40 for 2 good games and a starter kit?

[quote name='jjz203']Decisions decisions... now Dell is selling the white DSi for only $130 w/ fs! Is it worth the extra $40 for 2 good games and a starter kit?[/QUOTE]

Id say yes given the fact the first party nintendo games take FOREVER IF EVER to drop in price. Like new super mario bros, bowsers story, mario kart, mario 64 and pokemon.

According to my receipt, they listed every item separately. I believe you can return the stuff that you don't want to Walmart as long as you have the receipt.

The actual cost of Ds lite is $69 + tax

I am not trying to start a discussion about right and wrong, I am just being a Cheap Ass Gamer :)

Can someone please push me over the edge and either convince me to buy one of the DSi bundles or to disregard them completely. I cannot make up my mind by myself.

[quote name='eliter1']Can someone please push me over the edge and either convince me to buy one of the DSi bundles or to disregard them completely. I cannot make up my mind by myself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']Can someone please push me over the edge and either convince me to buy one of the DSi bundles or to disregard them completely. I cannot make up my mind by myself.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely pick one up if you are wanting a DS. For the price, you really can't beat it. You are paying regular price for the system, but being able to get two games (if you are doing the DSi or DS Lite) and an accessory kit can't be beat. Considering these are Nintendo games (a lot of them anyway) prices just don't drop. So if you keep them, you are looking at $60+ in savings, if you sell them, you are looking at $40 or so... You may be able to find a little bit better deal down the road (maybe around Christmas for Black Friday) or possibly from Dell.... Again, if you want one, I would say this is a great bundle to buy, especially if you don't have games yet!

I also have a question for you guys. Does anyone know what the value of the DSi XL is on your receipt? Walmart usually prices these bundles seperately so I was just wondering what the actual value of the XL is, I see above the Lite is $69, but curious on the others.

Thanks!

[quote name='gb2003']According to my receipt, they listed every item separately. I believe you can return the stuff that you don't want to Walmart as long as you have the receipt.

The actual cost of Ds lite is $69 + tax

I am not trying to start a discussion about right and wrong, I am just being a Cheap Ass Gamer :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know the actual cost of the DS Lite on the receipt.

Would you mind posting which accessory kit you bought and it's cost in the bundle? I'm thinking of returning the accessory kit and buying a different one.

Holy cow! With returns, a DS Lite is only $69!! I wonder what the DSi is like without the extra stuff . . .

Too bad I just hit Dell up for a $99 cobalt DS Lite last week . . . still, it helped my 4 flights go by much quicker.

Here you go:

Nintendo DS Lite $69.00
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS) $25.00
Pokemon HeartGold w/ Pokewalker (DS) $25.00
Accessory Kit
(Nintendo Lite DS Starter Kit With Carrying Case, Blue) $10.00

TX tax around $10.64

If this works the same for DSi bundle, maybe the DSi will cost around $109 + tax (169 - 25 - 25 - 10)

then the DSi XL might be $164 + tax (the best deal is ds lite and dsi in my opinion)

[quote name='waxHead']Thanks for letting us know the actual cost of the DS Lite on the receipt.

Would you mind posting which accessory kit you bought and it's cost in the bundle? I'm thinking of returning the accessory kit and buying a different one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adamical']Holy cow! With returns, a DS Lite is only $69!! I wonder what the DSi is like without the extra stuff . . .

Too bad I just hit Dell up for a $99 cobalt DS Lite last week . . . still, it helped my 4 flights go by much quicker.[/QUOTE]

if i had to guess

Nintendo DSI 109 (add the 40 onto the system)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS) $25.00
Pokemon HeartGold w/ Pokewalker (DS) $25.00
Accessory Kit
(Nintendo Lite DS Starter Kit With Carrying Case, Blue) $10.00

DSI for 110 is nice and would been all over it if it was the DSI XL

If I wasn't Poor I'd be Replacing my Broken DS Lite, and Getting my Sis HeartGold.
(Since I have SoulSilver Already) lol
Great Deal though :D

[quote name='gb2003']Here you go:
...[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks! I ordered the blue DS Lite w/ Bowser's Inside Story and NSMB. I'm thinking of returning the accessory kit and getting the Logitech Playgear Pocket case - I have one for my PSP and love it's durability.

OK, so I NEED a DSi so I can play flipbook studio because other than that I don't see a reason for getting a DSi. Anyone know of any good games that are either out now or are coming soon?

Ok Walmart just upped the price by $20 for each bundle :bomb: :wall:

edit: Beware there are new more expensive bundles that are identical to the cheap ones which could be a sign of this deal ending soon

Last edited by a moderator:
That's lame that they upped the price. I was waiting until today to buy it because my paycheck had not come in yet. Perhaps that added the extra $20 to the games and kept the DS the same on the receipt. That's ideal thinking, I know.

If anyone ends up buying at this price, please let us know what the totals are.

It seems that if you added any of the bundles to your cart yesterday they are still there with the lower price. I was going to get the DS Lite bundle but it looks like I am getting the DSi now. EDIT: The DS/DSi bundles themselves are at the lower price only if you click on a specific color. If you click the one about the promotion they show up at the higher price.

Why is Walmart the only store with really good deals on Nintendo stuff? Don't get me wrong I think it's great! I'm just wondering why they are the only ones. I have tried price matching their deals at BB and they refused cause it was online. My Target doesn't price match. I guess my gaming dollars are going Sam's way.

Yeh, if you click through and manually look at the bundles, they're still $129.99 and $169.99. I don't know why they changed the actual advertised price for the bundles on their homepage? But the bundles ARE in fact still $129.99 if you click through and look up each bundle individually.

[quote name='jjz203']Yeh, if you click through and manually look at the bundles, they're still $129.99 and $169.99. I don't know why they changed the actual advertised price for the bundles on their homepage? But the bundles ARE in fact still $129.99 if you click through and look up each bundle individually.[/QUOTE]

Walmart did remove the free shipping. I just ordered a metallic rose DS Lite as it's back in stock now, but there's no free shipping.

[quote name='waxHead']Walmart did remove the free shipping. I just ordered a metallic rose DS Lite as it's back in stock now, but there's no free shipping.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I make up my mind about the DS I find out there is no more free shipping... I am trying to be a good CAG here

[quote name='eliter1']As soon as I make up my mind about the DS I find out there is no more free shipping... I am trying to be a good CAG here[/QUOTE]

Well, the shipping cost was only an additional $4.97 (+ additional tax), so it wasn't a deal-breaker. I figured it was easier to order the bundle I wanted online for a few extra $$$, rather than trying to exchange a crimson red/black DS Lite in-store for the metallic rose one. I could just see the customer service people giving me crap about that, or preventing me from doing it altogether.

[quote name='waxHead']Well, the shipping cost was only an additional $4.97 (+ additional tax), so it wasn't a deal-breaker. I figured it was easier to order the bundle I wanted online for a few extra $$$, rather than trying to exchange a crimson red/black DS Lite in-store for the metallic rose one. I could just see the customer service people giving me crap about that, or preventing me from doing it altogether.[/QUOTE]

Decided to pay the $4.97 for the Crimson DS. I just cannot go any longer without my Pokewalkers. Got both Pokemon games so a DS Lite is better because I can use my Ruby and Sapphire carts. I can wait for the 3DS to come out to play DSi games. I wish Amazon would have a similar deal so I can get no tax and free shipping.

[quote name='waxHead']Walmart did remove the free shipping. I just ordered a metallic rose DS Lite as it's back in stock now, but there's no free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I finally bit and I still got the crimson red DS Lite with Mario Kart and New Super Mario and the Dreamgear bundle for $129.99 w/ fs. Although I had it in my cart for the past 3 days just deciding on whether or not I really needed a DS and whether I'll even play it with my triple digit backlog already in PS2/Xbox/360/PS3 games. :razz: But since I still had free shipping, I figured if I have regret later, I can just return the bundle to Walmart and I won't take a loss so \\:D/

Alright guys, I need your opinions. I've been waiting since this was posted to order, but just can't make up my mind.

I really want the DSi XL, play my DS at home so the larger screens are great. I have a DS Lite (and one that no longer works) so I don't have to have it right now. I like the burgundy (haven't found bronze, but from what I see in pictures, don't think I would like it) but would prefer a better color, I like the blue DSi and have a cobalt and white DS Lite. So that is the first reason I was planning to wait, assuming more colors would be coming.

The second reason I was waiting was for E3 and the announcement of the 3DS. I don't know if I will like it, but I think I should maybe wait until it is announced just to make sure.

So what are your opinions, get it now in this bundle, or wait it out and hope to find another decent bundle when I am ready to buy?

Also, if you think I should buy it now, I need suggestions on a game. I don't know if I should just get any game and return it for $25, or get one to keep. I have all the titles from the list I want, except for:

Alice in Wonderland (heard it is a really good sidescroller and it is getting good reviews)

Scribblenauts

Mario Party DS

I like all the games, but I think the first two will drop below $20 pretty soon and I like Mario Party, but it isn't a game I have to have.

Anyhow, any opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

If you already have a DS Lite I would say wait until E3. The only reason for getting a DSi is if you play DSi Ware and even then you will be able to play it on the 3DS from what I understand. If you really want a DSi XL wait for a better deal like 2 free games. [quote name='1NintendoFan']Alright guys, I need your opinions. I've been waiting since this was posted to order, but just can't make up my mind.

I really want the DSi XL, play my DS at home so the larger screens are great. I have a DS Lite (and one that no longer works) so I don't have to have it right now. I like the burgundy (haven't found bronze, but from what I see in pictures, don't think I would like it) but would prefer a better color, I like the blue DSi and have a cobalt and white DS Lite. So that is the first reason I was planning to wait, assuming more colors would be coming.

The second reason I was waiting was for E3 and the announcement of the 3DS. I don't know if I will like it, but I think I should maybe wait until it is announced just to make sure.

So what are your opinions, get it now in this bundle, or wait it out and hope to find another decent bundle when I am ready to buy?

Also, if you think I should buy it now, I need suggestions on a game. I don't know if I should just get any game and return it for $25, or get one to keep. I have all the titles from the list I want, except for:

Alice in Wonderland (heard it is a really good sidescroller and it is getting good reviews)

Scribblenauts

Mario Party DS

I like all the games, but I think the first two will drop below $20 pretty soon and I like Mario Party, but it isn't a game I have to have.

Anyhow, any opinions are appreciated!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']If you already have a DS Lite I would say wait until E3. The only reason for getting a DSi is if you play DSi Ware and even then you will be able to play it on the 3DS from what I understand. If you really want a DSi XL wait for a better deal like 2 free games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that was kind of what I was thinking too. Hopefully new colors and a better deal will come along soon :D

They didnt have this deal when i bought my dsi xl a few weeks ago. That being said i dont regret my purchase at all. i LOVE the big screen and grown up stylus. Its much easier to play games on for me.

I got the pink one as a gift with NSMB and HeartGold. Very nice deal, all around. I also put some other bundles in my cart so I could tempt myself later.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Thanks, that was kind of what I was thinking too. Hopefully new colors and a better deal will come along soon :D[/QUOTE]

I got the DS Lite but only because that is a really nice deal at $69 and I just cannot live without my Pokemon anymore. If the DSi XL has a comparable deal I will probably bite and pass my DS Lite to my brother since he has a Mario Kart Phat DS and the screen on that thing is terrible

bread's done
Back