Nintendo DS Value Bundle @Walmart.com w/2 GOOD games = DSi for $169 or DSL for $129

GundamS

CAGiversary!
Deal just cooled down because the cheaper bundles now include only ONE bonus game ;)

Ok Walmart just upped the price by $20 for each bundle that includes 2 games :bomb::wall:

This WAS smoking hot deal IMO :lol:.

All bundles can be found here:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/CONSOLES/_/N-91cjZaq90ZaqceZ1yzo24q/Ne-aq7g?ic=39_0&ref=125866.421651+500524.4292541386&waRef=125866.421651+500524.4292541386&catNavId=489934&fromPageCatId=489934

You get a DSL and 2 GOOD games and an accessory kit all for $149.00 +tax

Hurry and enjoy :)

-Alice in Wonderland
-Cooking Mama 3: Chop and Shop (SOLD OUT) replaced by America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
-Mario & Sonic: Olympic Winter Games
-Mario Kart
-Mario Party DS
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief (back in stock)
-Pokemon HeartGold w/ Pokewalker
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon SoulSilver w/ Pokewalker
-Professor Layton: Curious Village (Sold Out)
-Scribblenauts
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
-Sonic Classic Collection
-Style Savvy
-Super Mario 64
-Zhu Zhu Pets (back in stock)
-Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (newly added)
Very nice list IMO

Accessory kits include:

DreamGear 17-in-1 Bundle Pack in various colors.

Tempted to buy if it weren't for the black Wii

Looks like there is a DSi similar bundle for $189 (same games)
-thanks tagout for pointing that out

Last edited by a moderator:
Been watching for some kind of DSi XL deal before summer. In for one XL (w tax + shipping=$206) Now, if I've timed it right, I'll be in the market just in time for the 3DS redesign, the 3DS lite. Because the 3DS phat's gonna be chunky, right? ...Right?

So fucking awesome, was worried that all the DSi XL Bronze were sold out then I saw I had something in my cart from two days ago. It was a bronze DSi XL with Pokemon Heart Gold and free shipping :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that when I was looking at the site tonight, they list the bundles as being available in store now, but it is just for the DSi and Ds Lite right now. Since I've been looking at this deal they have said not in store, but it seems to have changed now... I've never seen Walmart offer a bundle in store, so I don't know if this is true or not, but just thought I would share.

I know around here there are a lot of problems with the mail, so if I could pick it up in store it would be a nice perk... I might be going to Walmart tomorrow and if I see anything I will report back.

A heads up for anyone who ordered this and is dumping the games to make the DS itself cheaper... I was able to sell the Pokewalkers for 18.99 each on Amazon. I'm *hoping* and assuming GS doesn't require you to have the Pokewalker if you're trying to trade the game in by itself. It just doesn't seem feasible for them to require it to me.

Pretty sweet if you're able to trade the game in by itself for $28 with the current trade bonus + 10% edge bonus (expires the 16th I think) assuming the $20 TIV is current, then sell the Pokewalker separately. I'll be getting $45 out of each copy of the Pokeymans games that came with my bundle, effectively making the DS Lite + accessory pack like 50 bucks since it was 140 for me after tax :) :) :)

GS doesn't require the pokewalker. Besides, that doesn't make the Ds lite any cheaper. You're just transfering credit. You're still out the initial money you paid minus the $30 bucks for the pokewalkers you got after you pay amazon fees and ship them out.

Ds lite Bundle = - $142.00
Amazon pokewalkers +$30.00
Gs credit = +$60

You still wasted $112.00 to get a ds lite and $60 GS credit. Seems like too much work to bother with. I'm happy with the Ds lite and games I got.

Also, walmart changed the price on the bundles with 2 games to $149.99. Now its definately not worth it and the bundle that cost $129.99 only comes with one game now.

[quote name='Estebon']GS doesn't require the pokewalker. Besides, that doesn't make the Ds lite any cheaper. You're just transfering credit. You're still out the initial money you paid minus the $30 bucks for the pokewalkers you got after you pay amazon fees and ship them out.

Gs credit = +$60

You still wasted $112.00 to get a ds lite and $60 GS credit. Seems like too much work to bother with. I'm happy with the Ds lite and games I got.

Also, walmart changed the price on the bundles with 2 games to $149.99. Now its definately not worth it and the bundle that cost $129.99 only comes with one game now.[/QUOTE]

I bought Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold. If I trade them in..and sell the Pokewalkers..here's what happens..

GS Trade in Credit = $58
Pokewalkers= $36

Given that I value Trade in Credit less than cash, it isn't fair to subtract those numbers from the original $144 I paid. However, that is a pretty good deal for a DS and accessories. I was thinking of returning one of the games and getting $25+ for it, but $28 credit + $18 dollars is much better.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I bought Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold. If I trade them in..and sell the Pokewalkers..here's what happens..

GS Trade in Credit = $58
Pokewalkers= $36

Given that I value Trade in Credit less than cash, it isn't fair to subtract those numbers from the original $144 I paid. However, that is a pretty good deal for a DS and accessories. I was thinking of returning one of the games and getting $25+ for it, but $28 credit + $18 dollars is much better.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool and all but my only point was it doesn't really make it cheaper. You still paid the same amount of cash regardless. You just gained GS credit and thats IF you selected two pokemon games or two high TIV games to begin with. So either way, you're still out the CASH you spent. You don't really gain a whole lot for a lot of work. Overall, you make $20 more than you spent. For only $20 bucks more, it's too much work.

Estebon: I used the word "effectively" in my post for a reason. Considering I'm at GS a lot anyway or looking for stuff on the website to flip for mad profits, that $58 in credit will replace real money I definitely would have spent in the near future. As an aside, I'm going to guess a strong majority of users here on CAG who live near a GS and don't hold a grudge against them for questionable business practices spend that amount of money there within a fairly short period of time. I certainly don't think they're 100% ethical, but various deals they run make me still shop there.

So for me, it really is "effectively" making the trade-in of said items a real savings, and not a "waste of cash" as you stated. I know I had to spend $140 out of pocket initially. That's why I fucking said it! :p

[Insert blah blah blah, still not worth the time, blah blah blah only saving this much blah blah blah sooooo much fuggin work blah blah response here]

Yep! To "effectively" save 80 friggin dollars :)

Thanks for the info on GS not requiring the Pokewalker for trade-ins, though.

You're kind of a baby when someone says an idea of yours isn't that great aren't you kid?

While I understand the value of GS credit and have no problems with them, all I said was its not much of a difference. While you sold the pokewalkers and traded in the games, you still will eventually get back, just 2 more games, if that. It's $60 TIV from $40ish dollars spent. That will help you get 3 used DS games, 1 new PS3/wii/xbox game, help you with a future B2G1 whatever. Yet you still had to give up 2 games for it. If you already had them or don't want them, than its a win. Ok, cool. If you did want them, and think doing this is going to mean you got a Ds lite for $50 bucks, than you're a dumbass. You're giving up games you want, for games you might want in the future. In the end, you aren't gaining much.

You're "idea" while nice and all, does nothing to save anyone anything but $20 bucks in the long run, and they had to do 4-6 more steps just to get those $20. I just pointed it out. So if people want to do that, cool. Its not the most lucrative plan, but go ahead and waste your gas money, time, and whatever else you're not adding to your "profit"

Reading comprehension: get some.

I was in the market for a new DS Lite. Cost: $130.

This deal comes along for the same price, but with two games and an accessory pack. I order the bundle with the full intention of dumping said games. I get $90 in cash and credit for them. The credit portion being to a place I dump $100 a month anyway.

Cost of bundle for me = $140. Subtract the $90 I got for the games and I end up spending $50 for a new DS Lite + accessory pack.

I saved $80 by ordering this bundle and dumping the games instead of paying the $130 MSRP for a new DS Lite by itself.

What am I so wrong about?

I could go on and on but if you're happy with what you think you made, go on and be happy with it. If you want to count actual profit as what a buyer pays you and not all the other things involved like fees and shipping, etc etc, be my guest. I do not care. Selectively picking and choosing what you count as "profit" doesn't make you look any better, it makes you look like a butthead. I really don't care, but you're misrepresenting how great a deal it is and it isn't. In the long run, people are still out the actual CASH they wasted. Which is what I said. Your MONEY is gone. Try paying your bills or putting gas in your car with credit from an edge card.

I'm done replying to you.

[quote name='Estebon']GS doesn't require the pokewalker. Besides, that doesn't make the Ds lite any cheaper. You're just transfering credit. You're still out the initial money you paid minus the $30 bucks for the pokewalkers you got after you pay amazon fees and ship them out.

Gs credit = +$60

Also, walmart changed the price on the bundles with 2 games to $149.99. Now its definately not worth it and the bundle that cost $129.99 only comes with one game now.[/QUOTE]

i dont see anywhere were amazon is giving 15 each for these .. why would they buy themused for 15 when they only go for 20 new

[quote name='Drizztd9']You both look like buttheads lol. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm with Drizztd9. In reality, I paid for the $129.99 bundle with my credit card which ends its current cycle in 2 weeks and I won't have to pay until probably June 10th so I'm not out any cash yet. The bundle will arrive at my door this coming week and I will then go to Walmart and return the games and Dreamgear crap and basically have a nice new DS Lite for $70+NYC tax. End of story, no trade-in's or going to other retailers to dump stuff etc, just a plain and simple new DS Lite for about $75. I'm happy. :razz: Oh and I'll be able to enjoy and play with the DS for a month or so before I'm actually out any cash. :lol:

[quote name='slidecage']i dont see anywhere were amazon is giving 15 each for these .. why would they buy themused for 15 when they only go for 20 new[/QUOTE]

I noticed some eBay listings that hadn't ended and were selling for around $17

So i put some bundles in my cart because I knew the deal would go away and I wasn't sure I'd have the money. So I still have one DSi in my cart with two games that I could return and get a $109 DSi, which isn't bad. The DS Lite has a game that's out of stock and an accessory pack that's out of stock, and it tells me to go choose another, and won't let me check out with it out of stock. If I choose another, I can only get one game, not two. I wonder if I wait for it to come back in stock if they'll still let me buy it? Do things in your Wal-Mart shopping cart expire? I bet they just upped the price of the DS itself, and not the other components of the deal, meaning the system itself will cost more. Decisions, decisions.

The site is now showing for me that the DSi and DS Lite bundles will not ship before December 31. Wonder if that is an error or what it means?

DSi XL is showing a regular delivery however.

Can you buy the bundle in store and return the stuff you don't want separately? If so, how much will you get for the system, games, and accessories if you were to return something individually?

Got my stuff and quickly returned the POS accessories. The lady tried to tell me I couldn't return it in-store... Then the manage came over and asked for my reciept. I showed it to her and she said that wasn't it. She wanted a receipt like the ones the cash registers print out... How the fuck can she be a manager and be so fucking stupid... I ended up getting a GC but it didn't matter since I had to buy some stuff there at the moment or I would have gone on a fucking rampage.

[quote name='eliter1']Got my stuff and quickly returned the POS accessories. The lady tried to tell me I couldn't return it in-store... Then the manage came over and asked for my reciept. I showed it to her and she said that wasn't it. She wanted a receipt like the ones the cash registers print out... How the fuck can she be a manager and be so fucking stupid... I ended up getting a GC but it didn't matter since I had to buy some stuff there at the moment or I would have gone on a fucking rampage.[/QUOTE]

That manager was so full of win. She never heard of walmart.com?

I returned everything except the DS lite with no problem (I used the receipt included in the package)

If you use firefox and had the old bundle ($129 with 2 games and free shipping) in the cart, the bundle will still be valid

[quote name='NewYorkelite']Can you buy the bundle in store and return the stuff you don't want separately? If so, how much will you get for the system, games, and accessories if you were to return something individually?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']Got my stuff and quickly returned the POS accessories. The lady tried to tell me I couldn't return it in-store... Then the manage came over and asked for my reciept. I showed it to her and she said that wasn't it. She wanted a receipt like the ones the cash registers print out... How the fuck can she be a manager and be so fucking stupid... I ended up getting a GC but it didn't matter since I had to buy some stuff there at the moment or I would have gone on a fucking rampage.[/QUOTE]

What would your rampage consist of? She just told you that to try to get you to not return it. You bought a bundle and took advantage of the store... they should be mad at you not the other way around.

Wow...you're calling the manager stupid for trying to stop your attempt from short-changing the store for a bundled item? Get a life douchebag!

Got my stuff three days ago. Went out and bought Rocket Slime, Picross 3D, and EBA for it. Loving the XL so far

100107740.jpg

bread's done
Back