Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Out Now. "3DS" Showing at E3

[quote name='Zing']Yes, I'm sure Sony will gladly put up digital copies of every single UMD game for people to download.[/quote]
Why not? They already are putting up a PSP game every week and plan to have a lot more up at once near the end of the year. If they're releasing a 4000 without umd they might try to get all the games up on PSN for purchase. But my previous response wasn't directed to Sony alone. I think Nintendo might go digital distribution only, maybe with its next handheld. That means eventually they will probably release a system that is not BC through physical medium.

[quote name='slidecage']okay here a back to point question

if i just got a new ds system in jan 2009 is there any reason i need to buy the new system sunday

as far as i can see the answer would be NO[/quote]
Well from my position I say no until I see a game or feature I don't want to miss out on. At this point in time I don't see anything I want that badly. Hopefully it takes years for anything I really want so I can get it cheap. DSL still has great stuff coming out that works on it.

i got one preordered at gamecrazy was thinking about dumping it on ebay (try to turn credit into cash)

but it seems they are not even grabbing much more then retail

(by the time ifigure in ebay-paypal=shipping fees i be losing cash

that is why i dont know to even pick it up or not

person told me at gamecrazy that if you do not get in on this preorder you be lucky to even get a system before the end of the year.... I highly doubt they will be sold out everywhere to the end of the year

There was news earlier on Kotaku that there was an internal memo passed around Gamestops to encourage pre-orders because apparently there's plenty to go around. They should actually be in stores tomorrow so you'd be lucky to see one break street.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Well, if you can deal with the new features and hang onto the hope that they'll do some badass stuff with firmware updates and stuff, then buy it.

If you want to play GBA games with the actual cart, then just stick to a Lite.

Or do what I'm doing and buy the goddamn thing and keep your Lite.

Anyone pre-order with Amazon? There's a pending charge in my bank account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a shipping soon for my order and the charge on my account is there. I think people buying these to turn a profit are going to be a little disappointed. I think there are going to be enough to go around. Who knows though.

Mine is in shipping status as well on amazon. I'm wondering what kinda accessories I should pick up for it (aside from the screen protector)

[quote name='MotzCTG']Guess we can probably get back onto the DSi.

I already sold my DS Lite on craigs list for $100 a while ago.
.[/quote]
How much do you think I can get now on craigslist, I have a black ds lite. Someone offered me 70 do u guys think I should sell it for 70 , try to get a little more or just bring it to gamestop .

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']70 at Gamestop is more valuable because trade in credit is not taxed.[/QUOTE]

Not true in all states. In California, we still get taxed for purchases. It didn't used to be that way about a year or so prior. All of my credit on my Edge card was through trade ins and I get taxed.

[quote name='bob330i']Not true in all states. In California, we still get taxed for purchases. It didn't used to be that way about a year or so prior. All of my credit on my Edge card was through trade ins and I get taxed.[/QUOTE]

bob is right. i still had to pay tax when i got SF4 from GS in Miramar, Florida.

its either that or the fucker was just fucking with me.

[quote name='flatliner718']Mine is in shipping status as well on amazon. I'm wondering what kinda accessories I should pick up for it (aside from the screen protector)[/quote]
I wouldn't spend money on any accessories, not even screen protector since the DS protects itself.

[quote name='J7.']I wouldn't spend money on any accessories, not even screen protector since the DS protects itself.[/QUOTE]

Why would you not get any screen protect? Why not spend $10 and risk the screen getting damage?

[quote name='J7.']I wouldn't spend money on any accessories, not even screen protector since the DS protects itself.[/QUOTE]

Somebody hasn't played Elite Beat Agents.

Yeah, if you haven't played EBA, then you haven't seen how much rubbing you're going to do with your DS.

I refuse to play any stylus-based games on my DSi until my screen protectors ship.

[quote name='62t']Why would you not get any screen protect? Why not spend $10 and risk the screen getting damage?[/quote]
I refuse to spend money on accessories unless they are required for a game, would rather spend that money saved on a new game. My DS and screen are mint still, I don't see why I would ever need a screen protector. I also don't like the idea of having another layer over the screen.

I have played Elite Beat Agents to the max level. I have absolutely zero scratches on my DS Lite screen. Either you are being facetious or you use a BIC pen for a stylus.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I would go with this if you dont have any intent to buy a limited edition later, especially if you're getting the blue one, which fits the slime better

p1140016.jpg

So cute :bouncy:[/quote]

Cool, i just pre-ordered one.

[quote name='KongaKing']So what time are most of you getting in line for the midnight launches at gamestop?[/quote]

Well, i might get there really early. I'm going to the Universal City Walk launch of the DSi. It's going be crazy.

My DSi shipped from Amazon yesterday.

I don't see the need for screen protectors. I have played EBA a lot and I don't have any scratches.

My DSi just shipped from Amazon today! I can't wait to get it. :)

I was thinking about buying screen protectors for it, but I'm not sure if I really need them since some people said their DS Lite never got scratched. I have an old DS and it has some scratches on it. Are the screens more scratch resistant on the DSi than the old DS?

[quote name='Deona']My DSi just shipped from Amazon today! I can't wait to get it. :)

I was thinking about buying screen protectors for it, but I'm not sure if I really need them since some people said their DS Lite never got scratched. I have an old DS and it has some scratches on it. Are the screens more scratch resistant on the DSi than the old DS?[/quote]
Depends on how well you take care of it. If you treat it like a baby, keep it closed when not in use, store it in something when traveling, I see no reason to spend near $10 for protectors or $20 for a case. That's 1-3 games you could get with that money.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']70 at Gamestop is more valuable because trade in credit is not taxed.[/quote]

I see, this would be good I'd save a little extra money on the DSi, thanks.

All those who attend the midnight launches, let us know how it went, how many people were buying DSi, etc.

Cross-posted in the gamedays thread:

No one was there, hung around and talked to the guys for a while. No one came the whole time. I didnt get a DSi though, I just wanted Metal Slug 7 and P3:Fes.

Saw a used PSP 1000 for 119. I came closer to buying that than I did a DSi, but fortunately I managed to get away with neither.

might hit up best buy tomorrow and see if i can get one... I do not think they will be hard to come buy... They dont even hit retail prices on ebay.

Well earlier today had it preordered so hopefully tomorrow I can still have the tiered trade ins for games at GS even though it says it expires tomorrow also >_

Got mine.. but it has a dead pixel that I can see during gameplay... if they have non-preorder units left, I'm going to ask for an exchange.

Balls. My DSi is 30 minutes away from me and the goddamn Postal Service can't even deliver it by the next day (today). NO I DON'T CARE THAT THEY HAVE OTHER MAIL, IT'S A PACKAGE. MY PACKAGE.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Balls. My DSi is 30 minutes away from me and the goddamn Postal Service can't even deliver it by the next day (today). NO I DON'T CARE THAT THEY HAVE OTHER MAIL, IT'S A PACKAGE. MY PACKAGE.[/quote]

Go to the shipping facility with proof of identification and they should give it to you. I've done it before.

Got mine an hour ago. No dead pixles. Phew. Online store is working great, up and running. Hope they have something new each week

[quote name='KongaKing']Got mine an hour ago. No dead pixles. Phew. Online store is working great, up and running. Hope they have something new each week[/QUOTE]

I just said last page that stuff's only been released monthly.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I just said last page that stuff's only been released monthly.[/QUOTE]

In Japan... In the US, weekly is likely.

[quote name='foltzie']In Japan... In the US, weekly is likely.[/QUOTE]

Weekly in the United State is correct.

I believe Reggie confirmed that in a recent interview.

As for me, I picked up my Blue DSi at midnight and I'm just getting to bed now. The system is really nice.

Can't wait for more downloadable stuff to hit the DSi Shop.

Also, what did you guys buy on the DSi Shop?

I bought WarioWare: Snapped!, Birds and Beans, and Art Style: Aquia (sp?).

I wonder what we'll get monday...

"Wired.com: You're releasing one or two WiiWare games per week. Is the same going to follow with DSi?

Fils-Aime: Our strategy with DSiWare is the same as with WiiWare in that we want to provide new experiences every week. Whether that's one, two, three, it really is going to depend on how quickly the products pass all of their quality checks and what the pipeline is as far as Nintendo-produced (games) and third-party.

I'd like to touch on user-generated content. With DSi, what we will enable consumers to do is to take their pictures, manipulate them or with what we're tentatively calling the Moving Memo Pad, to create animations, post them, see what other people create. We believe that that's important because the consumers is moving to want to allow their own creativity to come to bear on these types of products in this type of technology. I guess it's been said that maybe Nintendo has been slow to move into this area. But for us, it really is creating mechanisms that this creativity can be brought to bear, and that's what really makes us so excited about the [DSi's] camera functionality, the sound functionality and the specific applications like Moving Memo that can bring this all to life."

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/04/qa-reggie-fils.html

I picked one up on a whim while I was at Wal-Mart last night... *really* glad that I did. Very cool little system. Even if you're on the fence, I recommend it.

In terms of DSiWare, I snagged the Browser (obviously) and WarioWare. I figure there's no sense in blowing all the points just yet... might as well wait a week.

All in all, for someone who was extremely apathetic to the DSi, it's turned out to be a nice update to the Lite.

I just noticed there's no wrist strap. There's a spot for one, but the DSi didn't come with a strap. I never use it but i'm just surprised since nintendo is all about safety and junk.

I picked mine up an hour ago or so and so far really do like it. The improvements to the system are great such as the volume control (!!!), brightness adjustment during games, etc. The camera stuff is pretty fun too. Making your own "frames" is a lot of fun. I haven't tried all of the lenses yet. I haven't downloaded anything yet, but I just connected to the store and noticed that it says you can link up to 8 DSi to the same Club Nintendo account. I'm wondering then... if DSi downloads can be played on up to 8 DSi? I.e. did they take a page from Apple?!? I hope so as then I'll have no problems with upgrading my kids to a DSi as well for their birthdays/christmas.

bread's done
Back