Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

[quote name='Salamando3000']Stupider name for a console - Vita or Wii U?[/QUOTE]

Vita was bad but only because it sounds stupid...but Christ Wii U is horrible.

I am hella confused. Was the new console just a rumor and all Nintendo has is this controller? Or is this a new controller for the Wii and they are still going to have a new console.....

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am hella confused. Was the new console just a rumor and all Nintendo has is this controller? Or is this a new controller for the Wii and they are still going to have a new console.....[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know. I was under the impression the new console was HD and like a traditional console.

If this is a controller and there is no new console I think its very very bad. Chances are Nintendo will sell crap tons of them to the casuals like they did Wii Fit....but I dont see it giving a shot in the arm to console sales or general hype/feelings for the company(which are plummeting).

woah no new console? That's weak.

I was all excited cause the gameplay videos looked great, especially the golf one. But we can't deal with wii graphics anymore.

I just let out a big *sigh* at the Wii U.......... Looks like any good trade in promo for the new system at gamestop went out the door :( I was looking forward in getting rid the the wii :|

Although the controller is neat..... I can say only this......"DEAD/STUCK PIXELS" :(

What really sucks too is IF there is no new console I sold my Wii in anticipation. I didnt use it very often, but I had not played Donkey Kong or Kirby yet and I also HAVE to have my mario fix from time to time.

Even if this is just a Wii add on and NOT the new system.. why would the release an expensive peripheral when the system is on it's way out LOL

Yeah, I'm hoping (praying) this is just to extend a bit of life into Wii. And once done, they'll show off a new console (in HD). But, since that doesn't make sense to do both...it's prolly not gonna happen.

There was something redesigned for the console if you watched that video. It looked like a portable hard drive mixed with a Wii. It wasn't boxy. Sitting under the TV.

[quote name='lilboo']Even if this is just a Wii add on and NOT the new system.. why would the release an expensive peripheral when the system is on it's way out LOL[/QUOTE]

maybe it will work with the wii and the new system if it is 1 lol

[quote name='MSI Magus']What really sucks too is IF there is no new console I sold my Wii in anticipation. I didnt use it very often, but I had not played Donkey Kong or Kirby yet and I also HAVE to have my mario fix from time to time.[/QUOTE]

why would you sell your Wii, even if they announced a new HD console today it likely wouldnt be out for a year or more.

[quote name='dodgeme']There was something redesigned for the console if you watched that video. It looked like a portable hard drive mixed with a Wii. It wasn't boxy. Sitting under the TV.[/QUOTE]

Seems like an adapter add on for it.

[quote name='lilboo']Even if this is just a Wii add on and NOT the new system.. why would the release an expensive peripheral when the system is on it's way out LOL[/QUOTE]

Well if they do have another system it could make sense since this could be the controller for the new system and it would not cost them that much.

@Kingofoldschool - Meh I got $100 for the Wii and I gurantee you I can get a new one for that price or less. Assuming meant that if there is no new system I am not out anything but if there is one I sold my Wii before the market crashed.

bread's done
Back