Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference - Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2, Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hmmm well I am glad there is a new console in the making...but at the same time I still do not see this as the answer Nintendo needs nor something I personally need right off the bat. I mean again its all about exclusives and what your system can do. The exclusives obviously are not there and chances are Sony/MS will announce new systems and this thing will be forgotten by developers.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? It's Nintendo. The exclusives will be there.

The reason why they showed all third party games is because that was the big knock on the Wii -- that there was no third party support.

[quote name='guyver2077']specs?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
Don't know ANYthing about it and people are like ZOMG EXCITED CUZ NINTENDO TELLS ME TO BE EXCITED :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

[quote name='lilboo']Exactly.
Don't know ANYthing about it and people are like ZOMG EXCITED CUZ NINTENDO TELLS ME TO BE EXCITED :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
If they have Battlefield 3, it's has to be at least on par with PS3. BF 3 looks to be the next Crysis.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Isn't it going to be over a year before it gets released?

Also, I didn't really see anything new in the Vita presentation either, and that's coming out this year.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the Vita was disappointing. Here's a system coming out soon relative to the rest of the next generation and Sony kind of dropped the ball with new launch titles. I hope Nintendo doesn't miss out on the opportunity for a huge launch by following what they did with the 3DS and Sony did with the Vita.

[quote name='lilboo']Exactly.
Don't know ANYthing about it and people are like ZOMG EXCITED CUZ NINTENDO TELLS ME TO BE EXCITED :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

are you guys retarded? you expect Specs at announcement? What are the specs on the Vita?

what's funny is the sheer amount of haters on this board. If they showed the exclusives, everyone wouldve been all over them about lack of third party support. Announce 3rd party games, and people complain that it's stuff that's already been announced for other systems. Well what the fuck do you expect them to announce, ME4? It's coming out next year.

that tablet looks a bit unwieldy. Hope it's light.

edit: if anyone is still watching this stream, these people are annoying as hell. Someone kill them already.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Isn't it going to be over a year before it gets released?

Also, I didn't really see anything new in the Vita presentation either, and that's coming out this year.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. First off again if it takes a year to put out a system that looks on par with the 360...again why should you be sold on that? By that time Sony and MS will be reving up something far more powerfull. Do you really think developers will get behind it with this kind of power difference? They didnt with the Wii.

As for the Vita I disagree. Sony showed a few of their own games like LBP, Uncharted and Modnation Racers and we already know that big series like Call of Duty are hitting it. With this new Nintendo system all we got is a bunch of PS3 and 360 games.

Again why should we get excited for a new system giving us games that we were going to get anyways?

[quote name='confoosious']are you guys retarded? you expect Specs at announcement? What are the specs on the Vita?[/QUOTE]

I doubt many of us truely care about specs...but we do care about games and what they look like. I am sorry but why should I get excited about Batman and Tekken...games that I was already going to get for my PS3? If Nintendo had shown a new Mario and had a developer or two even announce something of note like a new Kingdom hearts or something id have cared....as it is though they basically showed us Sony and MSs line up for the year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im glad they have HD graphics, but that controller gives me ZERO desire to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems like it will be too bulky to handle for a long period of time if you are playing on a television.

Well we know it SHOULD be more powerful than 360/ps3 which is good for all of us that want to see true next gen versions of zelda, etc.

The question is how much more powerful? or are they going to just try to match specs of current gen

Looks like they're playing that "Chase Mii" on the regular Wii. So, new console and the WiiU controller is backwards compatible with the Wii? How confusing. EDIT: I'm referring to the Nintendo Stream...they're still showing content.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If they have Battlefield 3, it's has to be at least on par with PS3. BF 3 looks to be the next Crysis.[/QUOTE]

And that's great if it's on par with PS3!.. but PS3 is the current generation of consoles.. this is supposed to be "next gen".

--
This Chase Mii is ridiculous. But I guess we're retards if we don't like it. :rofl:

[quote name='momouchi']Honestly, the Vita was disappointing. Here's a system coming out soon relative to the rest of the next generation and Sony kind of dropped the ball with new launch titles. I hope Nintendo doesn't miss out on the opportunity for a huge launch by following what they did with the 3DS and Sony did with the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I dont think that the NGP line up is a smash or anything, but I mean come on they announced at least 3 of their big games for it.

[quote name='confoosious']are you guys retarded? you expect Specs at announcement? What are the specs on the Vita?

what's funny is the sheer amount of haters on this board. If they showed the exclusives, everyone wouldve been all over them about lack of third party support. Announce 3rd party games, and people complain that it's stuff that's already been announced for other systems. Well what the fuck do you expect them to announce, ME4? It's coming out next year.

that tablet looks a bit unwieldy. Hope it's light.[/QUOTE]

PlayStation Vita specs

- Quad-core ARM Cortex A9 processor
- SGX543MP4+ GPU
- 5-inch OLED touchscreen (960 x 544 resolution, 220ppi)
- Rear touchpad
- Dual analogue control sticks
- Digital D-pad and six control buttons
- Six-axis motion sensing technology
- Stereo speakers & built-in microphone
- Front and rear camera
- Wi-Fi, 3G on 3G model
- 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm

Some of you guys are hilarious. The one thing the Wii was missing seems to be what they are targeting with the Wii U. "Open multiplayer," 3rd party support, obviously 1080p graphics, and a controller that looks cool? Was there something else they were supposed to do?

Seriously, shit all over Nintendo all you want, but that was a hell of lot more interesting than a whole bunch of sequel games coming out in 2012 and Move/Kinect garbage that Sony and MS showed yesterday.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you kidding? It's Nintendo. The exclusives will be there.
[/QUOTE]

yep the same ones theyve been cranking out for decades now with one or 2 new ones from older franchises.

That was bizarre.

Still, optimistic. There's a lot of unknown stuff that's important, though, like specs, price, price of controller, online plan, and release date.

I'll be that guy, though... HD Nintendo? I'm there. No way around it.

That was... really confusing. I didn't know until the very end, when they showed Darksiders II and Arkham City, whether the WiiU was supposed to be a whole new console or just a new controller for the existing Wii.

[quote name='lilboo']And that's great if it's on par with PS3!.. but PS3 is the current generation of consoles.. this is supposed to be "next gen".

--
This Chase Mii is ridiculous. But I guess we're retards if we don't like it. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Well again for me the bigger problem is not the graphics its the games. Graphics are nice, but its 1/10th of why I buy a system and its 1/10th of why this is disappointing. As it stands Nintendo has absolutely nothing of note. Yes they had developers talk about support they will give it and how they are excited....but guess what they did that for the Wii and look how that turned out.

OH MY GOSH, THE Miis do the MORPH BALL LIKE SAMUS!
FAN SERVICE.
HURRRRRRRRRRR

--
But this doesn't look fun at all, though.
SHOW MARIO PARTY 9, NOW

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Some of you guys are hilarious. The one thing the Wii was missing seems to be what they are targeting with the Wii U. "Open multiplayer," 3rd party support, obviously 1080p graphics, and a controller that looks cool? Was there something else they were supposed to do?

Seriously, shit all over Nintendo all you want, but that was a hell of lot more interesting than a whole bunch of sequel games coming out in 2012 and Move/Kinect garbage that Sony and MS showed yesterday.[/QUOTE]

most of their games were sequels aside from the few things theyre getting from 3rd parties that xbox/ps3 have already had. well they are getting tekken finally which is news for nin but not streetfighter x tekken.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I doubt many of us truely care about specs...but we do care about games and what they look like. I am sorry but why should I get excited about Batman and Tekken...games that I was already going to get for my PS3? If Nintendo had shown a new Mario and had a developer or two even announce something of note like a new Kingdom hearts or something id have cared....as it is though they basically showed us Sony and MSs line up for the year.[/QUOTE]

They don't have to announce anything exclusive because we all know it's coming. Do you seriously think no mario for the WiiU?

[quote name='lokizz']yep the same ones theyve been cranking out for decades now with one or 2 new ones from older franchises.[/QUOTE]

And this is an example of you can't please everyone. Some people want the new mario and some people call it a rehash of all old games.

like how they made it seem like 3rd party was on board....yea whatever you say thats what we all thought would happen for the wii. dont see how anyone would prefer playing any fps on that controller than whats out now. could you also imagine if you somehow need another one of these controllers? they better nail it on the pricing or else people have no reason to give sony flak anymore after their 599 fiasco

Did we get full Wii games shown to us in mid-2005 (when the console launched late 2006)? I don't know what some of your expected to see for a console (maybe...heh) that far off.

Perhaps they just don't have much to show yet. It's still early. Vita is coming out this year isn't it? So obviously they could show more content now for it. Wii U won't be out until next year, and perhaps not until the end of next year.

Which is not to say that I think their presentation succeeded. They did a craptastic job of making it clear that there was actually a new console, and the controller... well the verdict is out on that thing. It's so huge. Hopefully not heavy as well.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I dont think that the NGP line up is a smash or anything, but I mean come on they announced at least 3 of their big games for it.[/QUOTE]

Which you can play on your PS3. How is what Nintendo showed all that much different?

[quote name='confoosious']They don't have to announce anything exclusive because we all know it's coming. Do you seriously think no mario for the WiiU?

And this is an example of you can't please everyone. Some people want the new mario and some people call it a rehash of all old games.[/QUOTE]

"Knowing" something is coming is not the point of E3. E3 is for announcing new stuff and exciting the base and media. Also by failing to show anything it means Nintendo failed to show off the potential of their system. As it stands what they showed us was a new PS3/360 SKU.

[quote name='lilboo']And that's great if it's on par with PS3!.. but PS3 is the current generation of consoles.. this is supposed to be "next gen".

--
This Chase Mii is ridiculous. But I guess we're retards if we don't like it. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I always considered the Wii as an alternative, not a next gen console. I will consider this to be another alternative.

The Wii has graced me with No More Heroes, and Mario Galaxy, hands down my two favorite games this gen. I am just happy I can play these games without wanting to rip my eyes out now in front of my HDTV (Seriously some Wii games are painful to look at).

[quote name='Rig']Did we get full Wii games shown to us in mid-2005 (when the console launched late 2006)? I don't know what some of your expected to see for a console (maybe...heh) that far off.[/QUOTE]

it's time for all sane people to leave this thread.

it's just gonna be full of bitching and whining. As if Nintendo was gonna show us everything in a 1 hour presser.

Now if they didn't show a new console and just the tablet/controller, then yeah, that would've been a huge fuckup.

But it looks like an HD console with 3rd party support is coming, with a very cool controller, and people are still bitching. FFS. Nintendo addressed their 3 biggest complaints: HD, 3rd party support, and online play. I'm still worried about online play but the other two are huge wins.

The pricing might suck though.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Which you can play on your PS3. How is what Nintendo showed all that much different?[/QUOTE]

Ermmm they are not the same games. The Vita games as far as I know are brand new games....so no its not the same what so ever. The Vita is also a cutting edge piece of tech as far as handheld goes where from what we see of the new Nintendo console its already out of date.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Some of you guys are hilarious. The one thing the Wii was missing seems to be what they are targeting with the Wii U. "Open multiplayer," 3rd party support, obviously 1080p graphics, and a controller that looks cool? Was there something else they were supposed to do?

Seriously, shit all over Nintendo all you want, but that was a hell of lot more interesting than a whole bunch of sequel games coming out in 2012 and Move/Kinect garbage that Sony and MS showed yesterday.[/QUOTE]
They showed a bunch of games that will release after they've been out on PS3/360 for a while and we're supposed to get excited? This was their chance to leapfrog the competition with a more powerful system and some groundbreaking exclusives. They provided us with what we needed, not what we wanted.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wait what?

http://kotaku.com/5809482/the-is-the-first-picture-of-nintendos-new-console-the-wii-u

I thought the wii u was a controller for the Wii, but that is the system it works for? Im confused.[/QUOTE]

This is the most confusing thing about Nintendo's conference. They marketed it like it was just a controller, then they start mentioning the HD console without any revealing of it. Makes no sense and left a lot of people confused

That shit was baffling, ign has pics of the console up but the presentation didn't show it. Reggie kept saying controller at first then switched to console without showing it.

bread's done
Back