Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Keep in mind XCom 2 is a 24.4 gig install.   It makes me wish they'd bring over the old Xcom games which were tiny.   Turn based gaming like this should be small.

Keep in mind XCom 2 is a 24.4 gig install. It makes me wish they'd bring over the old Xcom games which were tiny. Turn based gaming like this should be small.
This is why I was never able to play the 3DS Street Fighter IV. Dang thing was as big as a main series Pokemon game. I got it cheap on an eshop sale, but cheap doesn't matter if you don't have room on your microsd card. Then again, I need to get a bigger card anyway.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1497943226942115840

Gift for Arceus:

FMm-XFyXsAMO25T.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone want Pokemon Snap? I would much rather prefer Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2 if March is going to have a Pokemon N64 game. The mini games alone are better than Snap.

I was about to redeem the code and then I remembered that I have zero space in my inventory. That's easily the toughest part of the game to manage.
Have you purchased the inventory expansions? I also just put stuff in my storage that 8m not using regularly

Why does everyone want Pokemon Snap? I would much rather prefer Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2 if March is going to have a Pokemon N64 game. The mini games alone are better than Snap.
I like Snap and I agree but as others mentioned, only Snap has been announced so far.
Datamines indicate we will probably get more Pokemon games later though. I'm anticipating another batch of additions being announced at the usual E3 direct since our currently monthly drops run out in June.

Event item for claiming Shaymin in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is available through Mystery Gift from yesterday until March 27th.
You can claim the item as long as you have Mystery Gift unlocked. You can't use it to get Shaymin until after you beat the main game but there is no time limit for claiming Shaymin once you have the item in your inventory.

Honest question here....

So, each time an new Pokemon game  comes out, I grab both versions for my kids so they each have a game to play.  If I was to start one, is there any really big differences for either of the new versions like Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.  

Thanks for your responses in advance.  

Honest question here....

So, each time an new Pokemon game comes out, I grab both versions for my kids so they each have a game to play. If I was to start one, is there any really big differences for either of the new versions like Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

Pretty much just the available Pokemon and the focus of the story.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-diamond-pearl-platinum-version/Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Version_Exclusives

Honest question here....

So, each time an new Pokemon game comes out, I grab both versions for my kids so they each have a game to play. If I was to start one, is there any really big differences for either of the new versions like Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

The differences are small - same world, same story, maybe a few different Pokemon and trainers. The main reason to buy both is to "collect all the Pokemon" for completionists.

Honest question here....

You can check Serebii and choose the game that has the Pokémon you like. (And there’s always online trading for the other version exclusives)

https://www.serebii.net/brilliantdiamondshiningpearl/exclusives.shtml

Just a heads-up that Mario Day (March 10th) is right around the corner and usually has some ok sales on first-party stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BC4N6S5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$15 for a PowerA Wired Nintendo Switch Controller

I am getting two of these for my nephews so we can just leave the Joycons on the console when playing
Make sure you grab USB extension cords. Kids who are used to cordless have a tendency to pull on the cables and bring down the dock and the unit, potentially costing more than just buying wireless controllers in the first place.

Finally a good price on Doom 2016. I’ve already bought the game twice (Xbox Series X and PC) and finished it on the Xbox so…yeah I’m good lol. Getting a Steamdeck sometime this year too for an eventual PC play through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2022/missions-and-rewards-added-to-nintendo-switch-online/

Nintendo Switch Online now has My Nintendo missions and rewards in the app to earn Platinum Points to spend on avatars for your account and the typical stuff that's on My Nintendo.
That took them long enough -- at least the Platinum points come from using the games now. The whole "platinum coin" thing has been bizarre -- when they were linked to surveys (for the Wii/DS) it made sense they were for redemption, but I never understood the logic to "here's free physical stuff -- but the only way to get points for it is by clicking on websites."

Gamestop Pro members have a $15 discount active on a single item (at a time, just have to make additional orders) out of pretty much anything on the site, including digital codes.

So that’s $45 for a Nintendo first-party game (including pre-orders) or $5 for something like the Chrono Cross re-release coming up.

https://bit.ly/35p3aJh

Gamestop Pro members have a $15 discount active on a single item (at a time, just have to make additional orders) out of pretty much anything on the site, including digital codes.

So that’s $45 for a Nintendo first-party game (including pre-orders) or $5 for something like the Chrono Cross re-release coming up.

https://bit.ly/35p3aJh
Heck of a deal. Got both character passes for Smash Bros Ultimate.

I made out really well on that Gamestop sale on digital items.  I was really looking for a good way to pick up some 3DS and Wii U titles before the digital store went down.  It looks like some orders were canceled since I didn't get any of the 3DS codes that I ordered, but I at least I received the below:

Windwaker HD (Wii U) - $5

Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - $35

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)  - $5

Fast RMX (Switch)- $5

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon (Switch) - $5

It's too bad the sale went dead so fast because I would have gladly picked up more.  I doubt they will honor the pre-orders, but I put one in just incase.  Did anyone else snag any digital codes?

Last day of Monster Sanctuary sale. Normal $20, on sale for $6.79, or take a trip to Mexico for $4.17.

Also on Game Pass, but for $4 I double dipped.

Yeah, I already got the cheap ones. Actually the last Argentina deal I got was for Hades. Want to say it something between $11-$14.

bread's done
Back