Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Kirby and the Forgotten Land seems like a pretty fun game after playing the demo. There is a decent amount of exploring with each level having some goals and stuff to find like capsules that have figures of Kirby stuff. The graphics are generally excellent looking and everything looks detailed and clean. The controls are great as well, and everything worked well portably. The challenge is not crazy mainly cause you don't lose as much health on attacks. I like the moutful mechanic and it's cool they go on top of whatever power you had, so you don't lose them. They offer some puzzle solving, some monster beating and some decent platforming. We don't get as many platformers nowadays. The levels themselves offer a decent amount of exploring, but nothing too crazy. I like the powers I've used so far, and I think this a great pick up and play game between other bigger games releasing right now. The music is good as well. I enjoyed it a lot and really am thinking of picking it up and doing like a level or two a day. Seems perfect for that and just makes you feel good. 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant agree with the graphics looking excellent, I know its a switch game so I guess its good for what its worth, but it doesnt look better than mario odyssey imo which was like 4 years ago. Theres some games that look even good on a 4k/oled tv. This wasnt one of them. It looked ok.

Would it make sense go ahead and use my Gamestop $5 coupon on the Mario Kart DLC?

I have the expansion pack through October , but I was thinking of picking it up in case I decide to cancel.

A little wary because I don't know if it will play nice when my account already has access to the Expansion Pack. I should probably wait until October and buy it then for $5 more.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I gave the first level of the kirby demo a try.  Seems to fall in line with the average kirby experience... kind of kid friendly and easy even on the harder mode you can choose at the start.   I'll still play the other levels in the demo before fully passing judgement but right now it seems like an easy pass at launch.   Not that I'm against a more casual experience... I did buy Yoshi's Crafted World... though I mainly did that because it was causally fun and hit $30 on black friday a couple years back.

Idk what their deal is with Kirby games and 30fps. There was no excuse for a 2D platformer like Star Allies to be 30fps on the Switch, other than laziness

This game I can kind of understand but even still, Mario Odyssey was 60fps and was more detailed than this game seems to be

Anyone see if the GameStop $5 rewards works on eshop credit this month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it will work in-store for eshop credit thru March.

People were reporting that the double-dip wasn't working online, until today, now it's suddenly allowing eshop credit orders with the coupon online. So get in quickly before they put a stop to it again.

Keep in mind Gamestop doesn't allow you to check out with a $0 cart so you will need to add another item if you're purchasing a $5 eshop, or just buy a $10 eshop card and pay the difference.

For anyone new to this, you copy down the coupon barcode numbers before you use it in-store. (The coupon will disappear from your account after use). Then you can manually type/paste it into the coupon field on the Gamestop website to use it online. Use the coupon in-store first, then use it online second.

Idk what their deal is with Kirby games and 30fps. There was no excuse for a 2D platformer like Star Allies to be 30fps on the Switch, other than laziness

This game I can kind of understand but even still, Mario Odyssey was 60fps and was more detailed than this game seems to be
Kirby games are developed by Hal Laboratory

Super Mario Odyssey was developed by Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development (Nintendo EPD)

So while that doesn't give Hal Laboratory a free pass... it makes sense why the games are vastly different being developed by completely different people at different companies.

Mario Odyssey seems to have had some crazy optimization. Not to mention, not everything about Mario Odyssey was 60 frames per second. Though the game is considered to run at that, some characters and stuff run at 30fps as an optimization technique.

Anyone ever have issues redeeming codes bought from Target.com? Apparently my two codes were redeemed by two different accounts per nintendo but that's all the info they would give me. I wonder if Target sent the same code to two people. Target ended up refunding me which was a lot less painless than i imagined it would be.

Anyone ever have issues redeeming codes bought from Target.com? Apparently my two codes were redeemed by two different accounts per nintendo but that's all the info they would give me. I wonder if Target sent the same code to two people. Target ended up refunding me which was a lot less painless than i imagined it would be.
The only codes I ever got from Target redeemed fine, but those were printed from cards. Same with Best Buy.

I’d say more likely it was hacked somehow. Nintendo doesn’t have pins on their gift cards (which make them more secure) and their online website for entering codes doesn’t have CAPTCHA. I’m not even sure if it locks you out after too many invalid codes,,,so there’s that.

Yes, it will work in-store for eshop credit thru March.
People were reporting that the double-dip wasn't working online, until today, now it's suddenly allowing eshop credit orders with the coupon online. So get in quickly before they put a stop to it again.

Keep in mind Gamestop doesn't allow you to check out with a $0 cart so you will need to add another item if you're purchasing a $5 eshop, or just buy a $10 eshop card and pay the difference.

For anyone new to this, you copy down the coupon barcode numbers before you use it in-store. (The coupon will disappear from your account after use). Then you can manually type/paste it into the coupon field on the Gamestop website to use it online. Use the coupon in-store first, then use it online second.
Yep, just got the $5 in store and then used the code online for a $10 credit for $5 OOP. $15 of eshop credit for $5, not too shabby! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 7-Up game was legit. I still remember the music from the Pier Pressure level.

Anybody else remember the Captain Crunch PC game Crunchling Adventure?

Okay you guys, you asked for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kfx2fANELo

(No, this is pretty good, you should watch this.)

By the way, I just noticed that a variety of first party games (Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, etc) are on sale at the eShop for $40.19, and even lower at various stores (Best Buy, Target). Just thought you might like to know!

Good catch.
I doubt the current titles on sale are at any risk of going lower but maybe they'll add more.
Like maybe:

Mario Odyssey

Mario Party

Mario Golf (slim shot)

Since Yoshi and Luigi's Mansion were part of weekly Mario sale it is possible for other Mario character games like:

Captain Toad

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Took them long enough to announce, at least it's out soon.
Now it's time to speculate about April's pick.. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back