Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Best buy sent out random certs emails again. I actually got one this time for 5$. Email is

W.O.W. Take advantage of our OFFERS

If you are super lucky you could end up with one as high as 500. But usually the average is 5-15.
expires the 26th. If anyone was holding out for Kingdom Hearts Memory of a Melody for ps4 or switch that's on sale for 19.99 and with the minimum 5$ off it drops it to 16.19 after taxes. 

Best buy sent out random certs emails again. I actually got one this time for 5$. Email is

If you are super lucky you could end up with one as high as 500. But usually the average is 5-15.
expires the 26th. If anyone was holding out for Kingdom Hearts Memory of a Melody for ps4 or switch that's on sale for 19.99 and with the minimum 5$ off it drops it to 16.19 after taxes.
I got $10 but I used it towards a toaster oven since the one I have has been burning everything for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for the note... I ended up with $10.

For everyone else... scroll down and look for a blue bar above the appliance block (maybe 1/3 down the email). I almost missed finding it as it wasn't super obvious.

Thanks for the note... I ended up with $10.

For everyone else... scroll down and look for a blue bar above the appliance block (maybe 1/3 down the email). I almost missed finding it as it wasn't super obvious.
I got the email but there was no blue bar like that anywhere.

For those that are wondering both the DLC case for Dual Destinies and the DLC case for Spirit of Justice are not on sale ($5.99). 

If you had to choose between one of the DLCs or the full Apollo Justice game ($4.99) which one is the must play?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that are wondering the DLC case for Dual Destinies is not on sale ($5.99).

If you had to choose between the one DLC or full Apollo Justice game ($4.99) which one is the better buy?
You get more with the full game obviously.

But the DLC case is the Orca case which you have to play.

Hello, All, I've not bought anything off of the 3DS eShop before, but my son has enjoyed the Phoenix Wright demo, and I am thinking of taking advantage of the current sale.  I have a few questions:

Do I load funds into the 3DS or do my funds on the Switch count across the entire eShop?  If not, can I move any extra funds from the 3DS to the Switch when I'm done?

As far as the games go, is the consensus that the Trilogy and Spirit of Justice the best ones?  I know some have mentioned the "orca" DLC on Dual Destinies as a potential must-play for its "unusual" nature, but what about the main game itself?

And lastly, speaking of the DLC, I saw that Frisky said that game and Spirit had "in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down".  What does that mean?  Is he just saying, if you're going to buy that, do it before it closes because it (appears to me at least) that you can only buy it in-game and not in the shop.  Or does he mean PLAY it before it closes because it'll somehow go away from your system?

Sorry for all the elementary questions, but it's my first go-around contemplating digital on the 3DS.  Thanks, everyone, for all that you do.  Take care.

Hello, All, I've not bought anything off of the 3DS eShop before, but my son has enjoyed the Phoenix Wright demo, and I am thinking of taking advantage of the current sale. I have a few questions:

Do I load funds into the 3DS or do my funds on the Switch count across the entire eShop? If not, can I move any extra funds from the 3DS to the Switch when I'm done?

As far as the games go, is the consensus that the Trilogy and Spirit of Justice the best ones? I know some have mentioned the "orca" DLC on Dual Destinies as a potential must-play for its "unusual" nature, but what about the main game itself?

And lastly, speaking of the DLC, I saw that Frisky said that game and Spirit had "in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down". What does that mean? Is he just saying, if you're going to buy that, do it before it closes because it (appears to me at least) that you can only buy it in-game and not in the shop. Or does he mean PLAY it before it closes because it'll somehow go away from your system?

Sorry for all the elementary questions, but it's my first go-around contemplating digital on the 3DS. Thanks, everyone, for all that you do. Take care.
1. There’s an option on your Nintendo Account settings at https://accounts.nintendo.com that let you merge your balances accross both systems, and not worry about loading it up on the 3DS or having funds left over.

2. Dual Destinies is also very good! It’s a lesser entry but still worth the time. And at $5 it’s worth picking up too. Mind that Trilogy is also on Switch (and PS4/Xbox/PC), so you’d only be missing the 3D/dual-screen display mode from the 3DS version.

3. What they meant is the DLC will not be purchaseable when the payment services are taken offline next year. You should be able to redownload and play that content for the foreseeable future.

1. There’s an option on your Nintendo Account settings at https://accounts.nintendo.com that let you merge your balances accross both systems, and not worry about loading it up on the 3DS or having funds left over.

2. Dual Destinies is also very good! It’s a lesser entry but still worth the time. And at $5 it’s worth picking up too. Mind that Trilogy is also on Switch (and PS4/Xbox/PC), so you’d only be missing the 3D/dual-screen display mode from the 3DS version.

3. What they meant is the DLC will not be purchaseable when the payment services are taken offline next year. You should be able to redownload and play that content for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the replies. Do you feel like it might be easier then to just purchase from the Nintendo webpage, since it'll all be one account there -- or is that not how it works?

Regarding the Switch trilogy, yeah, I saw that. I'm thinking he might like the portability of the 3DS version, although I think it would be enjoyable to watch him play these cases on the TV. By the way, we don't have the 3DS. I guess I just defaulted to the original system when talking about it. We have the 2DS XL, so the 3D aspect isn't "germane to the case", if you will. So, I guess we'll see.

Thanks again.

Hello, All, I've not bought anything off of the 3DS eShop before, but my son has enjoyed the Phoenix Wright demo, and I am thinking of taking advantage of the current sale. I have a few questions:

Do I load funds into the 3DS or do my funds on the Switch count across the entire eShop? If not, can I move any extra funds from the 3DS to the Switch when I'm done?

As far as the games go, is the consensus that the Trilogy and Spirit of Justice the best ones? I know some have mentioned the "orca" DLC on Dual Destinies as a potential must-play for its "unusual" nature, but what about the main game itself?

And lastly, speaking of the DLC, I saw that Frisky said that game and Spirit had "in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down". What does that mean? Is he just saying, if you're going to buy that, do it before it closes because it (appears to me at least) that you can only buy it in-game and not in the shop. Or does he mean PLAY it before it closes because it'll somehow go away from your system?

Sorry for all the elementary questions, but it's my first go-around contemplating digital on the 3DS. Thanks, everyone, for all that you do. Take care.
How old is your son? Be aware that Dual Destinies is rated M unlike other games in the series that are T.

If you're going to get the DLC episodes for the Phoenix Wright games, I took a look to see what the process is to be able to purchase them in-game:

Dual Destinies automatically starts a new game that requires you to watch the intro up to the point that it gives you control after a few minutes, but then you can save and back out to the title menu to grab the DLC. It's $5.99 for the one DLC episode.

Spirit of Justice forces you to start a new game from the main menu and similarly watch a quicker intro until you get control, save, and back out to the main menu to grab the DLC. There's a $5.99 DLC episode and two $3.99 "What If?" mini episodes.

How old is your son? Be aware that Dual Destinies is rated M unlike other games in the series that are T.
Yeah, I noticed that when I had to do the age verification on the Nintendo page. He's 10. For me, it depends on a lot of things, I guess, and what the actual content is as to whether I sort of shield the kids from things. It might be one to pass on, or it might be one to hold for later. What do y'all think? What kind of content are we talking about here, if you happen to know? Thank you much for the reply and anything forthcoming.

If you're going to get the DLC episodes for the Phoenix Wright games, I took a look to see what the process is to be able to purchase them in-game:

Dual Destinies automatically starts a new game that requires you to watch the intro up to the point that it gives you control after a few minutes, but then you can save and back out to the title menu to grab the DLC. It's $5.99 for the one DLC episode.

Spirit of Justice forces you to start a new game from the main menu and similarly watch a quicker intro until you get control, save, and back out to the main menu to grab the DLC. There's a $5.99 DLC episode and two $3.99 "What If?" mini episodes.
Thanks, Mr. Frisky. I appreciate you. Do you or anyone happen to know what the average length of these games are? I'm assuming that the DLCs are maybe sort of like one case, while a game might have 3 or 4, let's say? Thanks again.

I haven't played every game and every case, so I can't say for sure. I believe the cases are usually a few hours or so each depending on how quickly you figure out puzzles and whatnot. How Long to Beat has the Trilogy at about 60 hours and Spirit of Justice and Dual Destinies at about 30 hours each, so it's a good value. The DLC episodes are about 5 hours or so with the mini-episodes at about 30 minutes each.

Thanks, Mr. Frisky. I appreciate you. Do you or anyone happen to know what the average length of these games are? I'm assuming that the DLCs are maybe sort of like one case, while a game might have 3 or 4, let's say? Thanks again.
If it’s any help it took me about 34 hours to clear Dual Destinies and 45:30 for Spirit of Justice, according to my system’s Activity Log.

Yeah, I noticed that when I had to do the age verification on the Nintendo page. He's 10. For me, it depends on a lot of things, I guess, and what the actual content is as to whether I sort of shield the kids from things. It might be one to pass on, or it might be one to hold for later. What do y'all think? What kind of content are we talking about here, if you happen to know? Thank you much for the reply and anything forthcoming.
Content-wise it’s pretty similar to the rest of the games. It’s not any more violent or graphic, you’re just examining 3D models instead of illustrations or sprites.

The Great Ace Attorney from last year is working in similar territory and that got rated T.

There is one particularly disturbing scenario that comes up towards the end of Dual Destinies, but I feel it’s still within the wheelhouse of the series.

I haven't played every game and every case, so I can't say for sure. I believe the cases are usually a few hours or so each depending on how quickly you figure out puzzles and whatnot. How Long to Beat has the Trilogy at about 60 hours and Spirit of Justice and Dual Destinies at about 30 hours each, so it's a good value. The DLC episodes are about 5 hours or so with the mini-episodes at about 30 minutes each.
Roger that, Sir. Thank you, all, very much.

If it’s any help it took me about 34 hours to clear Dual Destinies and 45:30 for Spirit of Justice, according to my system’s Activity Log.

Content-wise it’s pretty similar to the rest of the games. It’s not any more violent or graphic, you’re just examining 3D models instead of illustrations or sprites.

The Great Ace Attorney from last year is working in similar territory and that got rated T.

There is one particularly disturbing scenario that comes up towards the end of Dual Destinies, but I feel it’s still within the wheelhouse of the series.
Thanks, I appreciate your patience with all these questions. Take care.

Target has 40% off video games with circle plus 5% off with red card. might be ymmv I dunno. Lots of 1st party nintendo stuff and a few preorders applying despite the usual disclaimer. 

Atelier sophie 2 switch

13 sentinels aegis rim switch

all the pokemon games including diamond and pearl dual pack for around 55$

the great ace attorney chronicles

monster hunter rise

metroid dread

smt5

persona 5 strikers

and more.

Got the offer but it only applies to physical copies of Super Mario Superstars :whistle2:(
Doesn't apply to physical copies of Kirby either.
If anyone has an extra code for Superstars and wants to trade for a physical game of their choice, I could do that. :bouncy:

Target has 40% off video games with circle plus 5% off with red card. might be ymmv I dunno. Lots of 1st party nintendo stuff and a few preorders applying despite the usual disclaimer.

Atelier sophie 2 switch

13 sentinels aegis rim switch

all the pokemon games including diamond and pearl dual pack for around 55$

the great ace attorney chronicles

monster hunter rise

metroid dread

smt5

persona 5 strikers

and more.
where do you see that at?

etcrane’s post in the Target clearance thread:
I didn’t think I had the Target Circle offer either … but it was in the larger list of Target Circle offers for me. So it’s not highlighted but if you click on the circle with tech offers, it showed up in my list. Looks like it works on everything eligible in your cart, so could be some good multi-game deals.

This is how I found out I got the offer as well.

etcrane’s post in the Target clearance thread:
I didn’t think I had the Target Circle offer either … but it was in the larger list of Target Circle offers for me. So it’s not highlighted but if you click on the circle with tech offers, it showed up in my list. Looks like it works on everything eligible in your cart, so could be some good multi-game deals.

This is how I found out I got the offer as well.
it is still ymmv though as not everyone will have it. None of my accounts have it

I would get Persona 5 Strikers but it was a Playstation Plus offering recently. On a related note, the Switch news said Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was just released.

I suspect they will go in and start removing games like Pokémon, metroid dread and animal crossing in the next day or so. If you want something now is the time to jump

I suspect they will go in and start removing games like Pokémon, metroid dread and animal crossing in the next day or so. If you want something now is the time to jump
Oh no doubt they will be killed before the day is done. They typically don't stick around long. That's assuming that they don't go out of stock.

Played through the new Mario Kart tracks. I liked the tracks from Mario Kart Tour. Can’t believe they took out the moving cars from the end of coconut mall. What’s next - taking out the train on Kalimari Desert?

Okay so just FYI, you have to go to the NSO icon and find the DLC pack and download it. I just booted up MK8D thinking it would be there and it was showing the courses but it was telling me they were only available with NSO EP+. Leave it to Nintendo to make it this convoluted.

*EDIT* Okay I played through all 8 tracks in GP. Overall I am VERY impressed! I have never played MK Tour despite it being download on my phone since it came out. Never really wanted to because of the controls but after playing some of the levels on MK8D, I am going to change that. The standout track is Ninja Hideaway. The music and track itself is awesome! It was nice seeing the other tracks I've already played in HD even with some of the changes like no moving cars at the end of Coconut mall and Choco Mountain having a gliding section added. Not sure if the other tracks had anything added or taken away. One very cool thing that I don't think has been mentioned and forgive me it has is that the gold stars you earn depending on how you finished is now added to all the different CC up to the highest one you are playing. For example, I believe you had to play through 50CC, 100CC etc and 3 star all of them. With the DLC, you don't need to do that. I played on 150CC and now my 50CC and 100CC and 150CC all list 3 stars. Very cool! Definitely worth checking out these tracks asap.

Is anyone else having an issue getting the Eshop to load up on mobile? Every time I click on the link here or on Safari the images don’t load up and on the link to buy something it just shows 3 stars jumping up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back