Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Finally got to the front of the line and... it looks like it sold out. But as I was checking the details of the game I noticed that they're pulling the "Special Edition bonus stuff comes in a separate box" treatment. Which made me feel better about not getting it!

Finally got to the front of the line and... it looks like it sold out. But as I was checking the details of the game I noticed that they're pulling the "Special Edition bonus stuff comes in a separate box" treatment. Which made me feel better about not getting it!
There was no line. The "waiting room" you saw was literally a line of code that autorefreshed the page every 30 seconds. No one has been able to place an order.

There are only three things guaranteed in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Grown adults complaining about Pokemon
Kids are the main audience of the series but not the sole one. It's not that much different from other properties like Kingdom Hearts, Digimon, Transformers, Harry Potter, Yugioh, Star Wars, Dragon Ball, Marvel & DC etc. Part of the reason why those franchises became as big as they did is because they appealed to so many different demographics. Paying customers are allowed to complain if they find certain aspects lacking. Even children have certain dislikes and don't blindly love everything about the entertainment they enjoy. They're just not as vocal as adults due to various reasons.

I’ve always been amused by people who think pricing is controlled by their perception of value.

Market forces are at play. Pokémon can look like shit but if people are willing to shell out $60, it will cost $60.
That's not always the case though. Take Tokyo Mirage Sessions for an example. It was clearly only ever going to appeal to a very small audience, but it released for $60 and bombed. They ported it to the Switch four years later for the exact same price and it bombed again. Consumers didn't tell them it was worth full price, Nintendo/Atlus felt it was worth that much. It's not that unusual to see series with limited appeal released for the same price as bestselling series such as Pokémon, Halo or Call of Duty.

Or just look at the Wii U and PS Vita in general. Despite the small install base, several games were still being released at or near full price. And some of the games that sold poorly rarely went or sale or never received permanent price cuts. Even look at certain top-quality PS4 games that retailed for $40 upon release such Ratchet & Clank 2016, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, etc. They could have probably been priced at $60 and still made a profit but the developers thought the length of the games didn't justify it.

I think certain indie studios are more likely to price their games according to the market. But when it comes to large and mid-sized developers and publishers, their perception of what the game is worth is often the main factor in determining price.

You bastards killed the Nintendo Store!

"The My Nintendo Store is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon, and thank you for your understanding."

I can't add anything to my cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
xenoblade 3 se killed the nintendo store~

Xenoblade 3 se killed the nintendo store~

oooh ooh oohhh you were the first one~  oooh ooh oh you were the last one~

I love how Nintendo basically killed their own online store by actually announcing a date for when one of their limited items will be available.  

Kids are the main audience of the series but not the sole one. It's not that much different from other properties like Kingdom Hearts, Digimon, Transformers, Harry Potter, Yugioh, Star Wars, Dragon Ball, Marvel & DC etc. Part of the reason why those franchises became as big as they did is because they appealed to so many different demographics. Paying customers are allowed to complain if they find certain aspects lacking. Even children have certain dislikes and don't blindly love everything about the entertainment they enjoy. They're just not as vocal as adults due to various reasons.

That's not always the case though. Take Tokyo Mirage Sessions for an example. It was clearly only ever going to appeal to a very small audience, but it released for $60 and bombed. They ported it to the Switch four years later for the exact same price and it bombed again. Consumers didn't tell them it was worth full price, Nintendo/Atlus felt it was worth that much. It's not that unusual to see series with limited appeal released for the same price as bestselling series such as Pokémon, Halo or Call of Duty.

Or just look at the Wii U and PS Vita in general. Despite the small install base, several games were still being released at or near full price. And some of the games that sold poorly rarely went or sale or never received permanent price cuts. Even look at certain top-quality PS4 games that retailed for $40 upon release such Ratchet & Clank 2016, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, etc. They could have probably been priced at $60 and still made a profit but the developers thought the length of the games didn't justify it.

I think certain indie studios are more likely to price their games according to the market. But when it comes to large and mid-sized developers and publishers, their perception of what the game is worth is often the main factor in determining price.
I still remember when Katamari Damacy came out at $20 on the PS2 because the publisher thought it was "too Japanese-quirky" for Western audiences, and yet it became huge over here. Then they ported it to the Switch and didn't increase the price.

Okay. I bought a physical copy, but still best money I've spent on my Switch.

In other sadder news, I've been replaying Pokemon Y on my NN2DSXL and got a corrupted data message this morning, less than 48 hours after beating the last gym. I've kinda had this feeling that taking a break from Pokemon was in my near future, and this cements that feeling.

In other sadder news, I've been replaying Pokemon Y on my NN2DSXL and got a corrupted data message this morning, less than 48 hours after beating the last gym. I've kinda had this feeling that taking a break from Pokemon was in my near future, and this cements that feeling.
Dude that sucks. So the cart itself is dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you save in the central city/hub area? As that's what causes the game to mess up iirc. I always avoided trying to save anywhere near there because of it.  Assuming it wasn't something specific to the 3ds variant you were using since no one ever tests all the variants out to find errors and stuff.  Like for example the original launch 3ds crashes every time you go to the home menu in sun and moon vanilla to close the game. 

Street Fighter II The World Warrior FREE on CAPCOM Arcade Stadium (all plattforms)
Was just about to post this. Now I got 3 free games for the Arcade Stadium. I may consider buying some others if they ever go on sale.

The new Fire Emblem Warriors demo is out and is supposed to give 100 free platinum points with download.

Summer Game Fest summary

Devolver Digital showcase summary

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1534537441897488386

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Game List:

• 1943 Kai - Midway Kaisen -
  • A.K.A. BLOCK BLOCK
  • A.K.A. KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND
  • A.K.A. MAGIC SWORD
  • A.K.A. THE KING OF DRAGONS
  • A.K.A. VAMPIRE SAVIOR - The Lord Of Vampire -
  • BLACK TIGER
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • DARKSTALKERS - The Night Warriors -
  • ECO FIGHTERS
  • Gan Sumoku
  • Hissatsu Buraiken
  • HYPER DYNE SIDE ARMS
  • HYPER STREET FIGHTER II - The Anniversary Edition -
  • LAST DUEL
  • MEGAMAN 2 - THE POWER FIGHTERS -
  • MEGAMAN - THE POWER BATTLE -
  • NIGHT WARRIORS - Darkstalkers’ Revenge -
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED STORM
  • SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS
  • SAVAGE BEES
  • SONSON
  • STREET FIGHTER
  • STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2
  • STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3
  • Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors’ Dreams -
  • SUPER GEM FIGHTER - MINI MIX -
  • SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO
  • The Speed Rumbler
  • THREE WONDERS
  • Tiger Road

A couple of the Steam demos that were announced during SGF events are games coming to the Switch, so I'll stream them for a bit. Cult of the Lamb and A Little to the Left, specifically.

Edit: Cult of the Lamb is a nice mix of The Binding of Isaac's style of roguelite dungeon action with a community to take care outside of the dungeon with the resources you collect and people you recruit to your cult to do work for you. Here's the video of that demo.

A Little to the Left is a little bit like a shorter form of what Unpacking was doing with organizational puzzles, but with a cat that occasionally just fucks with the work you're doing. You'll probably get bullied by the cat at times while trying to clean up. Here's the video of that demo.

Does Nintendo give out enough Platform Points to get all the icon stuff? Do points from the mobile games work with these, or are they only usable for rewards for their respective games?
Yes, for me generally the weekly missions that auto complete more than cover the icon stuff i want to buy. Theres only one pool of platinum. Some mobile games can earn you plat points but also have distinct token currencies.

Does Nintendo give out enough Platform Points to get all the icon stuff? Do points from the mobile games work with these, or are they only usable for rewards for their respective games?
The NSO app shows you the missions you can complete to get Silver Points, plus whatever's on the My Nintendo site. I've had 1500 points or so for a long time.

Yes, for me generally the weekly missions that auto complete more than cover the icon stuff i want to buy. Theres only one pool of platinum. Some mobile games can earn you plat points but also have distinct token currencies.
The NSO app shows you the missions you can complete to get Silver Points, plus whatever's on the My Nintendo site. I've had 1500 points or so for a long time.
So neither of you have been getting all the icons, then.

I know the app shows what you can get, but it seems like Nintendo is making you pick and choose (or skip for things on the online store) without giving you the opportunity to get everything. Not surprising they do that, but wanted to check if that was really how they're doing it. I get the 30 / 20 / 20 each week for game with online play / save back up / use NSO app. The 50 point feature title doesn't appear to change every week. I get another 30 weekly from the 3DS eShop, and 10 monthly for keeping the promo emails. So 100 weekly, plus whenever they have a new featured title or have a trial. Might be 100 points for Strikers on the web site.

Right now, the current icon stuff is 695 points, between Animal Crossing, Zelda and Strikers. Another 300 for Zelda characters and 270 for Strikers characters when they cycle, and maybe more if the backgrounds and frames cycle as well. So expect over 1200 points for everything. Doesn't look like they give out that many points in a month, unless the mobile missions (camper requests, Toad Rally, etc.) can be used.

I've been trying to get all the Animal Crossing icons. I'd skip Strikers but would come up short if I tried to get all the Zelda ones as well. Currently have 75 points with the only available mission the Kirby Dream Land 3 featured title. Though I guess the best play is just ignore the icons and stockpile points for when something interesting comes into the store.

You can use coins from the mobile games on the Switch icons. I don't even play AC Pocket Camp or Pokemon Rumble Rush but I'm pretty sure you can easily cover every Switch icon as they come out. Some missions are weekly so I'm assuming 4x per month for those, but below is the rough math per month:

- Super Mario Run = 120 coins weekly = 480 coins monthly (game costs $10 but no microtransactions and it's fun. You get 10 coins for playing once each day and 50 coins for winning 3 matches weekly)
- Fire Emblem Heroes = roughly 1 new story mission monthly = 100 coins monthly (game is a gacha, but I've played it for years and never spent a dime. It's very fun)
- 3DS or Wii U eShop visit = 30 coins weekly = 120 coins monthly (though this will presumeably go away soon when the eShops close)
- Visit My Nintendo home page and click your Mii = 30 coins weekly = 120 coins monthly
- Visit the regular Nintendo website = 30 coins weekly = 120 coins monthly (this is a hidden task but I can confirm it works every week)
- Visit Switch online app = 70 coins weekly for three tasks plus 50 coins monthly for the other task = 330 coins monthly

So these add up to 1270 coins each month, and that's being conservative because some months will have five different weeks. So probably closer to like 1350 each month

Meanwhile every month so far has had an average of 43 characters and 10 backgrounds for Animal Crossing, which cost about 480 total coins monthly. There is a featured game every month and so far, around every other month has had an extra featured game. So I'll assume 1 and a half featured games per month. On average so far these have had aboout 60 characters and 35 backgrounds, which add to around 775 coins per month. Add the Animal Crossing coins and it comed out to around 1255 coins per month

So you should earn around 1350 per month and spend around 1255 per month if you want all the icons. This math checks out anecdotally, as I get every icon as they come out and my balance has been slowly going up each month, even without the weekly 3DS/Wii U eShop visits

This isn't even accounting for the fact that Nintendo often has little minigames for free platinum coins their website, or doing the thing where you can often get a "hidden" +10 coins on the My Nintendo homepage when your Mii has a thought bubble and you click it

So yeah, you can definitely get all of the Switch icons as they come out and don't need to pick and choose

Edit: My bad I forgot to factor in an extra featured game every other month. So it goes from being a ~95 coin gain to a ~290 coin loss each month. But factoring in the Switch monthly newsletter coins, the bonus My Nintendo missions they periodically add, the bonus Switch app missions (i.e. last week you could play the Mario Strikers demo for 100 coins, this week you can play the Fire Emblem Warriors demo for 100 coins), and the other two mobile games that have weekly rewards, you still come out ahead I think. But that's if you're only spending platinum coins on Switch icons. Personally I do this since I don't wanna pay shipping for the physical rewards

I've been having the same issue Bloomy. I agree that Nintendo is being far too stingy with Platinum Points.
I don't bother with the mobile games. I shouldn't have to grind in mobile games every week just for avatar customization that every other company now offers for free.

So neither of you have been getting all the icons, then.
Of course not, as I don't give a shit about most of the random stuff they've been putting in there. Plus the fact that you need three parts to purchase to put together for an icon over and over again for each combo you want to make is just dumb instead of offering complete. I was going to check to see what's on there at the moment, but NSO is down for maintenance and that renders them inaccessible even with it being well buried in there. You might be able to get everything for free, but it's such tedious micromanaging that I lost interest pretty quickly.

Dude that sucks. So the cart itself is dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I just now got y'all's responses. I bought it digitally, day one, and this is my first playthrough since I finished my first 300+ hour playthrough years ago. And to answer ShadowySea, I saved on Route 18, outside the Inverse Battle house (trying to get a Shiny Stone to finally evolve my Florges on my team). I took that as a sign to play something else for a while. May fire up Mario Odyssey after work tonight.

In case anyone here is still scrounging around for 3DS games, the publisher Sonic Powered put their games on sale.for $1.99 until 6/15. Seeing a bunch of Japanese Rail Sim 3D titles, Airport Hero titles, and Waku Waku Sweets.

Circle is also doing a 3DS sale, with their usual assortment of Witch & Hero (I really like these actually), Demon King Box, Kingdom Item Shop, etc.

Also, AeternoBlade is $3, and RE Mercs is $5.

Billy Kametz has passed away at age 35 from colon cancer. He was the voice actor for Ferdinand Von Aegir on Fire Emblem, Dr. Maruki in Persona 5 Royal, Josuke in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, and plenty more. Rest in peace the noblest of nobles 👑

https://twitter.com/POCBooking/status/1535738833311916032?t=CGRqPoDrV-q5d1cXkn-I6g&s=19

In case anyone here is still scrounging around for 3DS games, the publisher Sonic Powered put their games on sale.for $1.99 until 6/15. Seeing a bunch of Japanese Rail Sim 3D titles, Airport Hero titles, and Waku Waku Sweets.

Circle is also doing a 3DS sale, with their usual assortment of Witch & Hero (I really like these actually), Demon King Box, Kingdom Item Shop, etc.

Also, AeternoBlade is $3, and RE Mercs is $5.
According to PSPrices, Waku Waku Sweets has never gone on sale before now.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/2609166/waku-waku-sweets-happy-sweets-making

Billy Kametz has passed away at age 35 from colon cancer. He was the voice actor for Ferdinand Von Aegir on Fire Emblem, Dr. Maruki in Persona 5 Royal, Josuke in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, and plenty more. Rest in peace the noblest of nobles

https://twitter.com/POCBooking/status/1535738833311916032?t=CGRqPoDrV-q5d1cXkn-I6g&s=19
This is sad, sad news. Colon cancer has been hitting people younger and younger recently. Get your colonoscopy at 40 folks, and get it in your 30's if you have a family history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjlFZ85WIE

New rumor is June 29th. That seems too late in the month IMO as I would expect it no later than the 20th. We will soon find out.

I noticed Gamefly has physical used copies of Pokemon Diamond/Silver for $29.99 -- is there any reason not to buy Pokemon Diamond for that price?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjlFZ85WIE

New rumor is June 29th. That seems too late in the month IMO as I would expect it no later than the 20th. We will soon find out.
There's also apparently some sort of shareholders meeting either on that day or the day after, plus like 90% of general directs are in the first half of the month, so it's pretty unlikely they'd do it that day. For me it's either this week or bust for June, if not this week then none this month, don't think they'd do next week as they have Fire Emblem Warriors and they don't like to overshadow their new releases with a direct right before their release

GameXplain doesn't normally report on rumors unless they can verify it themselves. And Andre, the guy who made the video, has inside sources. I'd probably believe them

GameXplain doesn't normally report on rumors unless they can verify it themselves. And Andre, the guy who made the video, has inside sources. I'd probably believe them
Haven't they reported on the Smash "Grinch leak", Zelda and DK shows, Switch Pro, and just recently the Banjo at the Xbox showcase rumor? Among plenty of others, they kind of just piggyback off of people with these things from what I've seen

^Idk about the other ones, but they only reported on the Grinch leak when it really started picking up steam. They confirmed it was fake and while they didn't directly state they knew it because of inside sources, it was heavily implied

Idk what you mean by Zelda and DK shows. As for the Switch Pro, they probably knew a new SKU was coming and just called it that since they didn't know what specifically the OLED would be, just that it was coming. And they're mainly a Nintendo channel so I wouldn't think they have any inside info about an Xbox IP

^Idk about the other ones, but they only reported on the Grinch leak when it really started picking up steam. They confirmed it was fake and while they didn't directly state they knew it because of inside sources, it was heavily implied

Idk what you mean by Zelda and DK shows. As for the Switch Pro, they probably knew a new SKU was coming and just called it that since they didn't know what specifically the OLED would be, just that it was coming. And they're mainly a Nintendo channel so I wouldn't think they have any inside info about an Xbox IP
Checked the channel to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong. I'll give you the grinch one. But they have a video about a Zelda TV show and an animated Donkey Kong thing, and neither ended up happening. They have multiple Switch Pro videos as far back as 3 years ago, and they specifically make claims about it that wouldn't have just been from a new SKU. Then why report on it in the first place? Or any other non Nintendo news for that matter? They can't verify it if they wouldn't have info about non Nintendo things. Point is they report on plenty of things that don't actually end up happening, so I wouldn't take their word more as evidence than any other channel

What I don't get is why this rando girl who works for a Sony studio is somehow now the definitive source for Nintendo Direct info. Surely the most logical time for Nintendo to do a Direct is this week, with the whole kinda-e3 thing happening right now, and after they got done promoting their big summer game release Mario Strikers.

bread's done
Back