Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
AI: The Somnium Files, unless something has changed, has a demo on the eshop. Give it a try before throwing cash at it to be sure it something you are interested in.

This thread has actually helped me more with hardware deals in my experience. I would have never found the 2DS or NN2DSXL refurbished by Nintendo deals otherwise. The only better way to find hardware deals is to follow Wario64 on twitter with notifications on but I had to stop since there were too many tweets about stuff I didn't care about.
By the time Wario posts something it's going to be hit HARD. I got one of those cheap 2ds's by paying attention here and realizing it was about the same time daily that Nintendo was putting more stock out... and then posting for others.

I kind of wish I bought more... especially the Walmart New 2DS XL's for $100. I ended up giving the one I bought to my youngest son as he really needed a new one and he didn't care about the 3D.

AI: The Somnium Files is also $8, GET ON THAT.
That looks like something my niece would love, but I can't find any online places that sell it digital so I can get it as a code (& the store would have to price match the eshop too.) Why can't Nintendo just let us gift games? :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicory: A Colorful Tale - $13.99

A very well reviewed game, and the first time it's been this low. There's a chance Gamestop could price match it if you want full gold coins.

More notables:

Murder by Numbers - $5.09 (lowest price ever)

Castlevania Advance Collection - $13.39 (lowest price ever)

Hades - $14.99

Ape Out - $3.74 (lowest price ever)

Penny-Punching Princess - $3.99 (lowest price ever)

The Touryst - $11.99 (lowest price ever)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution - $9.99 (lowest price ever)

Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective - $7.99 (lowest price ever)

Saints Row The Third - The Full Package - $9.99 (lowest price ever)
Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition - $14.99 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition - $7.49 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition - $10.49 (lowest price ever)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition -$20.99 (lowest price ever)

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate - $13.99 (lowest price ever)

-

No More Heroes 3 - $29.99 (matches all time low)

Part Time UFO - $6.29 (.29 off it's lowest price. Been a whole year since it last went on sale)

Flipon - $3.29 (matches all time low)

Gato Roboto - $3.99 (matches all time low)
Anarcute - $3.74 (matches all time low)

Hungry Shark World - $1.99 (matches all time low)

Paperball Deluxe - $4.49 (matches all time low)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - $7.99 (matches all time low)

OKAMI HD - $9.99 (matches all time low)

Murder by Numbers is a fun Picross clone with some minor Phoenix Wright elements, mostly in finding "clues" that become puzzles. It's not difficult, but it's still fun for the story.

I already have Shiren on Vita (collector's edition; could fetch me a decent price down the road), but I might get it for Switch. I've heard it has some new additions as well.

Like all mynintendo rewards, the shipping kill the deal.
I just straight up ignore the platinum points. Not worth my time to pay shipping for that stuff since I am not a collector. I do make a note of when my gold points will start expiring and try to use up all of my points on a single purchase to maximize the value (typically ends up being around October since my first ever Nintendo purchase was in an October month). I can at least feel comfortable with using gold points on first party Nintendo titles since those prices rarely drop by much. I hope Advance Wars comes out by October on a sidenote....

Just a heads up to anyone picking up a physical copy of AI the somnium files: Nirvana Initiative, there is a 6gb update. So if you’re low on storage space, be prepared.

I finally see SNK 40th anniversary was on sale half off so $19.99. That game is great collection and bringing a lot in physical form. I also nabbed Cecconoid (maybe mispelled) a well reviewed 2d twin stick shooter for $1.99 and Rock of Ages 2 for $2.99. This was after an hour of going through sale titles and reading reviews on games these are some of the best that no gamer can go wrong with it seems. I'd be all over the Contra collection, castlevania collection, and konami arcade classics collection at $4.99 each had I not got them on PS4 a while back on sale. 

Just a heads up to anyone picking up a physical copy of AI the somnium files: Nirvana Initiative, there is a 6gb update. So if you’re low on storage space, be prepared.
giphy.gif

Okay, something weird is going on.

I have a LOT of titles installed on my SD card.  I'm starting to think there is some weird limit at some point, and titles start "disappearing" without being uninstalled -- which is a pain, for reasons I'll explain.

•  Collection of SAGA, Collection of Mana, Castlevania Advance Collection, and Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (?) all "vanished" from my home screen.
  • None of these were visible in my "redownload" list, but ALL showed "purchased" on the game's individual screens.
There was literally no way to install these titles.  Perhaps the files were corrupted, but I couldn't find system option to repair files/installations.

Suspicious that there was some sort of issue with the installed files, I removed the SD card and rebooted.  I went into the eShop Redownload list and noticed two things:

• Castlevania Advance Collection and Giana Sisters were both listed in my Redownloads.  The redownload button added them to my home screen and started a fresh download.  Interestingly, I could immediately play both titles, even though the downloads were nowhere near complete -- once the Redownload was initiated and the link was added back to my home screen, the Switch appeared to be able to use the existing (formerly hidden) installation without a problem.
  • Collection of Mana and Collection of SaGa did not appear in my Redownload list -- however, the eShop title pages for both games had a DOWNLOAD link instead of PURCHASED, and I was able to "reinstall" the titles from there.
    After reinstalling, I archived both titles -- and now they appear in my Redownload list.

In summary: at least 4 installed titles "vanished" from my Home Screen (and the "uninstall software" settings menu) but could NOT be reinstalled as the Switch seemed to know they were present, albeit inaccessible.  The only solution was to remove the SD card and attempt to redownload the titles directly to system memory.  Also, the two Square titles still do not appear in my Redownload when uninstalled, but they DO have the Redownload option on their title menus in the eShop - after installing then again, the Redownload functionality appears to be fixed.

Has anyone else had this issue?

(I did switch to a new memory card in December and had to redownload everything -- maybe a few titles had issues when downloading and didn't complete properly?)

Capcom is running a sale on the Wii U eShop if anyone is interested. Not sure what all of the games included are but I can verify Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and RE Umbrella Chronicles are $5 each, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is $8. You have to purchase on the console.

Capcom is running a sale on the Wii U eShop if anyone is interested. Not sure what all of the games included are but I can verify Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and RE Umbrella Chronicles are $5 each, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is $8. You have to purchase on the console.
Picked up Zack and Wiki for $5. Total no brainer for me. Loved this game back in the early Nintendo Wii days.

It's on the 3DS too. I was going to grab Apollo Justice but forgot Gold coins only work on Switch eShop purchases...

Your SD card could be failing.
I considered that, but I don't appear to be having any actual issues with installed titles, or even "recovered" missing titles. We'll see -- I may need to reformat my card and reinstall stuff.

Edit: There appear to be a few internet posts claiming that the Switch's exFat support is problematic, and recommending everyone format their SD cards as FAT32. Figuring I have nothing to lose, I'm reformatting and copying my album data over...

The other weird thing, which wouldn't seem like it would be SD related, is that the GROUP sorting seems... odd. All my software was sorted into groups. I just DELETED a bunch of demo titles, and discovered that several normal games had suddenly been removed from their groups.

Either there are problems with large numbers of titles appearing on the home screen / groups, or my internal flash memory is going bad...

I considered that, but I don't appear to be having any actual issues with installed titles, or even "recovered" missing titles. We'll see -- I may need to reformat my card and reinstall stuff.
Could you have a fake card? Meaning its actually a smaller card labeled as a larger one?

Could you have a fake card? Meaning its actually a smaller card labeled as a larger one?
I did a fake test when I first got the card -- it's this one from Amazon . I did a full test in December when I got it, and I just did windows chkdsk on it -- no errors.

I'm puzzled really -- I'm leaning towards SOME glitch in the Switch OS based on the fact that it appears to just be a matter of titles "vanishing" but the data remaining on the card. The really annoying this is that it would be hard to "check" for missing software easily, as the redownload list doesn't appear to list anything it "detects", even if the software isn't shown in the data management menu.

A typical insider would have no reason to know about a Xenoblade Direct. Only Nintendo/Monolith Soft employees would know about that, and they're very insular

An insider would know about a general Direct if, say, they had a contact with a third party studio who put together a trailer, since their game will be featured in it. That's why I'm fairly optimistic about Alanah Pierce saying there would be one on the 29th. She actually works in the industry and might have a contact who told her
Pfft and people doubted me 🙄 when y'all gonna learn how this works?

Kinda sucks it's only a partner direct though

3rd party direct.. cool... but I really want a first party direct just to see if there's anything else this year for me.  Not that I need much after my copy of XC3 shows up.

Pretty decent haul for me so far:

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/huntdown   (Lowest price ever)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/ai-the-somnium-files  (Lowest price ever)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-11 (first time it hit $10 on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-zero-zx-legacy-collection (Lowest price for digital Switch version)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2 (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-x-legacy-collection  (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-legacy-collection-2 (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-legacy-collection (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/iron-crypticle

I have been eye-balling those megaman games for switch for years but that is a lot of content for around $57. If you wanted to wait on Mega Man 11 you could just get the other games for $47. Now if I could somehow not die so much playing Mega Man 1 lol.

Pretty decent haul for me so far:

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/huntdown (Lowest price ever)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/ai-the-somnium-files (Lowest price ever)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-11 (first time it hit $10 on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-zero-zx-legacy-collection (Lowest price for digital Switch version)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2 (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-x-legacy-collection (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-legacy-collection-2 (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/mega-man-legacy-collection (Lowest price it has been on Switch)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/iron-crypticle

I have been eye-balling those megaman games for switch for years but that is a lot of content for around $57. If you wanted to wait on Mega Man 11 you could just get the other games for $47. Now if I could somehow not die so much playing Mega Man 1 lol.
I would have done this if I hadn't just bought the 19 game bundle for $30 on PSN. OG Mega Man 1-11 and X 1-8. Don't know if the sale is still active.

I opted to get Megaman 11 and skip the others; I’m not a huge MM fan and I didn’t see myself playing through the older ones. Plus the difficulty modes in 11 make it sound like it might be enjoyable for my 9 yo son too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think chkdsk would detect that. You need H2testw or similar. Disclaimer, I've never used it, and I don't know how safe it is.

But it really just sounds like you got a fake card.
No, I did the full disk fake flash test when I got it -- I just ran it through chkdsk to check to see if there were errors.

We'll see if FAT32 works better -- again, the card passes all tests, and I'm not really having "errors" as much as titles going missing, which doesn't seem like an SD error. If you remove the SD card, titles still appear on the Switch home screen -- just uninstalled. This seems like more of an OS issue.

No, I did the full disk fake flash test when I got it -- I just ran it through chkdsk to check to see if there were errors.
We'll see if FAT32 works better -- again, the card passes all tests, and I'm not really having "errors" as much as titles going missing, which doesn't seem like an SD error. If you remove the SD card, titles still appear on the Switch home screen -- just uninstalled. This seems like more of an OS issue.
How many games are installed on this card? 100? 200? I had weirdness in the past when I had something like 105 games, kept it under 50 since then without issue.

How many games are installed on this card? 100? 200? I had weirdness in the past when I had something like 105 games, kept it under 50 since then without issue.
Don't think pure amount of games installed should be an issue. I just counted and I have exactly 218 games installed, and no issues as far as I can tell. I'm also thinking some kind of SD card issue like others have said, could be the format, definitely recommend only ever using FAT32 for Switch.

I wouldn't think so either but I have seen other people have issues that resolved by deleting games. I realize that shouldn't matter and it may be downstream of the actual issue but it is worth a shot.

If I was reading the stats correctly on the redownload page, and assuming nothing else was "missing", somewhere between 300 and 500. However, by this I mean "that many titles with visible icons on the home screen." Many were archived.

Don't think pure amount of games installed should be an issue. I just counted and I have exactly 218 games installed, and no issues as far as I can tell. I'm also thinking some kind of SD card issue like others have said, could be the format, definitely recommend only ever using FAT32 for Switch.
See, I wouldn't think so, but after I deleted (not just unarchived) 100+ titles, something odd happened -- 10 titles suddenly zapped OUT of their group designations. I don't know if they had been "hidden" before or not...

I wouldn't think so either but I have seen other people have issues that resolved by deleting games. I realize that shouldn't matter and it may be downstream of the actual issue but it is worth a shot.
Yeah, something odd is going on, and I could easily imagine it's a matter of numbers... but two things appear to have happened:

1. Some titles remain installed (and detected by the eShop as installed) but their icons vanish.
  2. When deleting titles (perhaps over a certain threshold?), some titles lose their group associations.
I couldn't find much about this anywhere on the internet. There doesn't appear to be a "long term" issue necessarily, and the memory card doesn't appear to have any issues, so I'm really leaning towards the Switch OS having problems once you hit a certain number of titles installed/listed.

One other bit of weirdness that I've noticed for a while now -- if you have enough icons, a few seem to not want to "load up" unless you click on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKB3WXRWTCM

Summary

• Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Free Title Update I trailer
  • Nier Automata: The End of Yorha Edition - 10/6 - Exclusive Costumes
  • Lorelai and the Laser Eyes - 2023 - Console Launch Exclusive
  • Super Bomberman R 2 - 2023
  • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection - 2023 - Available as bundle or two separate volumes
  • Pac-Man World Re-Pac - 8/26
  • Blanc - February 2023 - Console Launch Exclusive
  • Return to Monkey Island - 2022 - Console Launch Exclusive
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 10/20 - Ubisoft showcase of the game happens tomorrow
  • Little Noah: Scion of Paradise - Out Today
  • Railgrade - Fall
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - 8/18
  • Sonic Frontiers - Holiday
  • Disney Dreamlight Valley - 9/6 Early Access
  • Live A Live - 7/22 - Demo Out Today
  • Doraeman Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom - 2022
  • Minecraft Legends - 2023
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - 12/9 - Switch Exclusive
  • No Man's Sky - 10/7
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem Cloud Version - 10/18
  • Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions - 7/28
  • Portal Companion Collection - Out Today
  • Harvestella - 11/4 - Switch Exclusive
  • Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable - 10/21 P5R, P4G/P3P 2023

So they bothered to create a native Switch port of Nier Automata, but made the Kingdom Hearts games as cloud versions on Switch? And they trapped the PC versions of Kingdom Hearts on the Epic store with no sign of a Steam release over a year later?

Square Enix makes zero sense

Excited for Square's Rune Factory (Harvestella), Live a Live, MMBN collection (although I know these get extremely repetitive between games)... played all except for 6 and 1, Little Noah, Dragon Quest Treasures, and the Persona stuff. Lots of decent stuff, and I hope the RPG stuff gets physicals. Well I hope they all do, but we'll see.

I'm considering Nier:Automata, fairly hyped for MMBN Legacy Collection, and will 100% get DQ Treasures at launch as that's a series I seriously follow.   I'm going to try the demo for Live A Live tonight... though I think it might not be for me, I'm willing to change my mind if the demo impresses me.

No Man's Sky isn't a big reveal, but I'm fairly hyped for it.  It's definitely got a massive amount of stuff going for it that I typically love in gaming.  Having this on switch will be a nice plus.

Sonic Frontiers actually looks pretty decent.  I haven't bought a sonic game since ... hmm... maybe the Secret Rings.  The last one I legit enjoyed was Heroes on the GC and my favorite is Sonic Adventure.  This seems like a blend of the two.

So they bothered to create a native Switch port of Nier Automata, but made the Kingdom Hearts games as cloud versions on Switch? And they trapped the PC versions of Kingdom Hearts on the Epic store with no sign of a Steam release over a year later?

Square Enix makes zero sense
it's probably Disney you should blame more so.

bread's done
Back