Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
it's probably Disney you should blame more so.
Doubt it, it was just revealed in an interview that Disney was easy to work with in terms of putting Sora in Smash. It was Square Enix and Nomura who were the annoying ones

If nothing else, Disney knows money. Square Enix knows nothing

The Japanese version of the Direct also showed Digimon Survive and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Is Beyond a Steel Sky good? Amazon dropped the Utopia Edition to $75.

Doubt it, it was just revealed in an interview that Disney was easy to work with in terms of putting Sora in Smash. It was Square Enix and Nomura who were the annoying ones

If nothing else, Disney knows money. Square Enix knows nothing
so why were other square enix characters put in first and Disney's sora took the longest after being most requested?

so why were other square enix characters put in first and Disney's sora took the longest after being most requested?
DQ & FF are much bigger franchises that span decades of games on Nintendo systems... plus SE would get whatever licensing income would come from the deal without having to share it with Disney. Sora, not well known by Nintendo gamers... and SE would share income with Disney.

Finally all prayers for MMBN collection have been answered.
10 full length rpgs is a hell of a collection. I've always been curious about this series but never played it. I like og Mega Man and Legends and the Protomen, but these games are my MM blindspot. I just don't have time to play almost a dozen MMBN games back to back though. If I were to pick up this collection, which games would be best to jump into as a good sampling of the series? I'd be down to play like 3 games for sure, maybe more.

There was no "put in first" (aside from Cloud since was in the previous game) since the fighters pass rosters were decided before the base game even came out

Also fwiw, Square Enix was VERY stingy when releasing Cloud on Smash for Wii U and in base Smash Ultimate. He had one stage and a couple songs, and that's it. Not even any spirits. It wasn't until Sephiroth when Final Fantasy got some more representation

Square Enix sucks bro

Odd... the Portal Companion Collection has weirdly divergent regional pricing.

It's about $20 (US) in the USA and Canada, but closer to:

* $12.60 in Mexico

* $16.44 in the UK

Also, even though it's sold as a pack, I notice that the games are installed as two titles on the Switch.  I was expecting a single icon/menu/launcher...

(The two games do have unique eShop pages, but those pages don't appear to be visible unless you pull them up via the home screen icon's eShop information links for the installed titles...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Part Time UFO and The Touryst ... thoughts? Both seem to not go on deep sale in either regard, but they're two games that's been on my wishlist for some time.
Easy rec for Part Time UFO. Good to play in little spurts solo, but also fun if you have someone to local co-op with. Just a heads up that co-op with a young kid makes it wayyy harder, lol.

I'm not familiar with the other game.

10 full length rpgs is a hell of a collection. I've always been curious about this series but never played it. I like og Mega Man and Legends and the Protomen, but these games are my MM blindspot. I just don't have time to play almost a dozen MMBN games back to back though. If I were to pick up this collection, which games would be best to jump into as a good sampling of the series? I'd be down to play like 3 games for sure, maybe more.
2 and 3. 5 and 6 are also good, but not so much as first outings. Avoid 4.

1 is...fine, but its age shows horribly when compared to the rest of the series. If you feel comfortable heading out to sea, there was a DS "re-port" of the first game that added some much-appreciated QoL improvements (and included some very brief time travel shenanigans with the sequel series Star Force), but it sold poorly in Japan and therefore was never localized. A fan translation exists, though.

Are the different versions of MMBN 3-6 different games like FE Fates, or is it small differences like Pokemon?
Somewhere in the middle. For 3 it's the exact same aside from some chips, a couple potential forms, and a side boss or two. In 4-6 it means completely different allies and different abilities from them (as well as different scenarios to match in 4 & 6), but the main story beats remain the same.

The physical edition of the game, shipping on or around its release date of July 29, 2022;

The SteelBook game case, Special Edition box, and art book, shipping fall 2022.
Yeah I don't know how many people noticed it. Anyone buying two for one to open and one to keep sealed is going to be disappointed with 2 open copies. Plus, anyone reselling them better be careful selling them as new because they won't look new.

Yeah I don't know how many people noticed it. Anyone buying two for one to open and one to keep sealed is going to be disappointed with 2 open copies. Plus, anyone reselling them better be careful selling them as new because they won't look new.
Depends on what they look like. If it's two separate sealed items... then it should be fine. Not that I want to encourage scalpers and hoarding.

Contra rogue ops is just $3.99 normally $39.99. Is the game really that bad or did it just get crappy reviews like splatterhouse for no good reason? I know it's not really like a contra game but if it is a decent controlled twin stick shooter then I'm up for it anyways. 

Depends on what they look like. If it's two separate sealed items... then it should be fine. Not that I want to encourage scalpers and hoarding.
This is Nintendo who refuses to seal their consoles so the odds of them sending out the CE contents loose in a box is high.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/?p=1&sort=df&f=corePlatforms&f=topLevelFilters&corePlatforms=Nintendo+3DS+%2F+2DS&topLevelFilters=Deals

The standalone Ace Attorney games (but not the trilogy) are all down to $4.99 on the 3DS eShop. I don't think I've seen Spirit of Justice that low before.
The non-Trilogy games have been that price the past few times they've been on sale:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373004-nintendo-eshop-deals-and-discussions/page-41#entry14475365

Contra rogue ops is just $3.99 normally $39.99. Is the game really that bad or did it just get crappy reviews like splatterhouse for no good reason? I know it's not really like a contra game but if it is a decent controlled twin stick shooter then I'm up for it anyways.
It's pretty bad as I remember. Not very fun and very repetitive. It might be worth picking up for $3.99. The risk is low if you don't like it. Which you probably won't.

Can anyone here confirm when the eshop demos for Marco & The Galaxy Dragon and The Card Battle Eternal Destiny end?

I read Marco takes less than 10 hours to beat depending on reading speed but I'm nearly 4 hours into the game and I can still play it.

For eternal destiny I've played about 5 hours and done several of the scenario, daily dungeon and cpu battles. I'm currently in the middle of chapter 4 but I read an old steam forum post that says there's only 10 main chapters and 5 bonus/dlc ones. 

I'm not complaining but it seems odd for games that appear to be on shorter side to give you a third or more of content for free. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will sell them separately. Of course there's high odds of it repeating the skyward sword ones and being difficult to get.

Apparently someone who said the Splatoon 3 OLED would be revealed today, also said that a new Switch model (Pro, successor, or otherwise) will be revealed later this year. They are also the one who first leaked the Switch Lite backplate

I guess it's a Chinese factory worker and it's from a private Chinese forum, so no one has the link to it

If anyone's interested, there are 3 Wii Virtual Console games on sale on the Wii U for $5.  All Capcom games: Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki, and RE Umbrella Chronicles.  Just saw it today, so not sure if there set to end tomorrow or not.

bread's done
Back