Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you even post if "N" is such shit? You can post paragraphs of garbage but can't type Nintendo? do you even own a switch? Why are you here? Why do you have the most posts in this thread?

Questions never too be answered.
Because I feel like it, and because I can.

Question asked, and answered!

GS got a ton of stock this week if you missed it.  Every store had at least 5. No bundles.    BestBuy got a ton of stock as well.  

CAn't vouch for Target or Walmart.  Amazon had enough stock to last a day or so. 

Many GS's still have them in stock right now.  Same with BB. BestBuy disabled the ability to check Switch stock online again after they briefly re-enabled it so you have to go into your local store to check.  

Okay you were right about the 10 million, whatever website said 18 was huge speculation, however the 10M is April 1st '17 to March 30th 2018, so doesn't include the early March launch and initial 2.75M units.

So in its first full year, by 3/11/17 seems like they expect to hit the five year lifetime sales of the Wii U.

By June 30th Zelda without Wii U was at 4M, Mario Kart which launched two months later at 3.75M, and arms and 1-2-S at about 1.5 each. So even though technically there are far more Wii Us still out there, the attach rate is huge. Splatoon must also be killin' it. Cause that was a late in its life (after people traded away) Wii U game.

Until they enable saves to be copied and moved they haven't addressed one of the bigger annoyances about the system. It's not keeping it from selling but it is a pain in the butt.

Okay you were right about the 10 million, whatever website said 18 was huge speculation, however the 10M is April 1st '17 to March 30th 2018, so doesn't include the early March launch and initial 2.75M units.

So in its first full year, by 3/11/17 seems like they expect to hit the five year lifetime sales of the Wii U.

By June 30th Zelda without Wii U was at 4M, Mario Kart which launched two months later at 3.75M, and arms and 1-2-S at about 1.5 each. So even though technically there are far more Wii Us still out there, the attach rate is huge. Splatoon must also be killin' it. Cause that was a late in its life (after people traded away) Wii U game.
The attach rate for those games was "huge" because there were very few games available for the handheld. I don't see many 3rd party games coming out in the near future, besides some indies. Switch is widely available now, but the game library is still small and very limited. Unless Nintendo can somehow get many more 3rd party developers on board, it's going to have a difficult time. And the lack of power will directly impact potential ports of 3rd party games, leaving original content as the remaining option.

Add to all that the many design flaws and defects, it's going to be a rough road ahead.

yeah and technically 10 million units this fiscal year might be shipped not sold. But anyway they think that 10-13 million sold range is what they need to attract and maintain 3rd party interest and have enough momentum going forward.

that doesn't mean AAA 3rd party or the same AAA 3rd party interest as PS4 and X1. But 3rd parties making family games, more and continued Switch versions of their sports games like we hear are coming and/or ports of old 360 era games. STill don't expect to be interested in much of that stuff myself unless they really do those games justice and not just put them out in name only.

Gotta love the sales of the Switch in July and Splatoon too. Also gotta love how many spend their precious time trolling Nitnendo threads.
Yeah, some people got problems. The Nintendo (customers) cynics on CAG are really creepy. They present themselves like partners that choose to stay in an "abusive" relationship. It's all meaningless talk.

Until they enable saves to be copied and moved they haven't addressed one of the bigger annoyances about the system. It's not keeping it from selling but it is a pain in the butt.
Yep, this is my one major gripe with the system as well. I would have sold my Switch after playing through Zelda, in order to buy some LE down the line, if I could have copied my saves. I'm sure Nintendo created the Switch with this in mind, to prevent exactly what I described from happening.

So once again he only posted in the thread to harass you. That's creepy & pathetic. Gonna add him on ignore since he never adds to the topic.

Because s
Because someone is badmouthing Nintendo in a Nintendo thread who does not have a Nintendo Switch and calls Nintendo "N" who also has the most posts in this thread,

Its bizarre.

Because someone is badmouthing Nintendo in a Nintendo thread who does not have a Nintendo Switch and calls Nintendo "N" who also has the most posts in this thread,

Its bizarre.
No more bizarre than the fact all you do is troll people on a website instead of developing a life. What's it like having a joke for a life and knowing nobody cares whether you live or die?

My Wal-Mart (Lithia Springs GA) didn't have any consoles in stock, but a case full of solo docks, Red/Blue joycons, Pro controllers & Hori wired pads. Their Accessory game is on point.

No more bizarre than the fact all you do is troll people on a website instead of developing a life. What's it like having a joke for a life and knowing nobody cares whether you live or die?
Ok, that's a bit of an overreaction and suggests you have issues as well. Hasn't anyone learned from that recent case? You can go to jail for stuff like that.

Yes some switches have appeared to warp after extended use in the dock. So far it is impossible to say how many or if it is a wide spread problem. 20 twitter posts of 5 million consoles does not a trend make. But it should be on everyone's radar as a possible thing in the future.

Yes some switches have appeared to warp after extended use in the dock. So far it is impossible to say how many or if it is a wide spread problem. 20 twitter posts of 5 million consoles does not a trend make. But it should be on everyone's radar as a possible thing in the future.
so far it's impossible to say they have warped. LIke I said earlier pretty sure mine wasn't perfectly level day one.

I thought it was thread but maybe it's another recent Switch/GS thread where one of the trolls posted a video but it actually contained an explanation, from a person claiming to be have 6 yrs experience in plastics and manufacturing, that stated why the housing of some of the Switches were not perfectly level. He also said the Switch has a large metal bracket inside so it can't "warp."

IF I find it again I will post it.

so far it's impossible to say they have warped. LIke I said earlier pretty sure mine wasn't perfectly level day one. Also read back in this thread a page or three for my reply to a video for the part of the video one might want to watch. IT contains an explanation for why your Switch might not be perfectly level.
Yes there are probably other explanations too. We agree that it is not a problem yet but there is no harm in people being aware of it. If some people here take a few mentions as a epidemic then what are you going to do? Not like anything would convince them otherwise.

Who says it is the dock?  Just people spreading more dumb rumors and speculation.  The truth is they just didn't notice it until someone else told them about it.  Mine was warped by a couple degrees when it was brand new.   There's obviously a flaw in the manufacturing process. 

I don't care though. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the machine whatsoever. 

Yes there are probably other explanations too. We agree that it is not a problem yet but there is no harm in people being aware of it. If some people here take a few mentions as a epidemic then what are you going to do? Not like anything would convince them otherwise.
I'm going to reply "made up problem" is what I'm going to do. :)

And I disagree there are probably other explanations. There are other explanations. Because we don't know why Switches are not level. Everything is speculation.

Saw 5-6 switches of each color at the target in Plainfield, IL. Looks like the demand is going down for these things. Also saw at least 10 of each color at the toys r us in downers grove, IL.

Or supply is increasing.
Nintendo's secret warehouse where they store 10 million "refurb" wiiu's, all rare amiibos, and 5 million more nes classics has also been hoarding switches for the past few months. Just started trickling them out...

lol.  refurb wii U's I believe.  I mean some companies that have excess inventory sell the stuff as refurb to get rid of it when they don't want to "damage" the brand.  

NES classics I don't believe.   Even holding these in a warehouse and trickling them on ebay for 3x retail probably wouldn't be  a big money maker.   But I guess I don't what warehouse costs would be and what they would have to pay a few people to be in charge of that. 

SAme sort of thing with rare amiibos.  I could believe they have a warehouse of AC Amiibos though.  But it would probably be cheaper just to melt them down and reshape them into new Amiibos.   :)

wasn't there a way to order one for store pickup on bestbuy.com? it's kinda weird if most stores are restocking and have stock why aren't they available on the website yet..

wasn't there a way to order one for store pickup on bestbuy.com? it's kinda weird if most stores are restocking and have stock why aren't they available on the website yet..
not enough supply yet and if they are smart they keep them in store first to get you into the store where they can sell you more stuff. plus makes scalpers work for it.

My gamestop has five Switches of both gray and neon (10 total) and they are not selling them as bundles. Either my area is an anomaly or they actually are increasing the supply

Demand for the switch has gone down a good amount the last month.

It will pick up again around mario.
Or supply increased. And actually we know supply increased because suddenly in one week every GS and BB location received lots of stock. So more units on the shelves lately are zero indication demand decreased.

For my Metro-Detroit CAG's, the Gamestop at 23 mile road and M-53 (in front of Wal Mart) is getting Switches in either today or very soon.  The Manager told me this morning. 

Or supply increased. And actually we know supply increased because suddenly in one week every GS and BB location received lots of stock. So more units on the shelves lately are zero indication demand decreased.
Considering i barely get anyone asking anymore about it and gamestop.com has had bundles in stock for the last month or so I'd say demand has slowed.

I mean it's not a bad thing. It's natural.

Honestly they sold a **** ton more of these in 5-6 months than I thought was possible, and now that nothing is coming really until Mario, I think fans and not fans alike can say "N" moved a rather good qty of units, especially with the sparse amount of games being offered.

I'm sure demand will pick at Mario, and continue until well in to the new year. Hopefully "N" gets their **** together and keeps stocking so shelves are full come the last 3 months of the year, so they can capitalize on Mario and the holidays. And no one is left wanting like the NES Mini was last year(Or the SNES Mini this year).

lol. refurb wii U's I believe. I mean some companies that have excess inventory sell the stuff as refurb to get rid of it when they don't want to "damage" the brand.

NES classics I don't believe. Even holding these in a warehouse and trickling them on ebay for 3x retail probably wouldn't be a big money maker. But I guess I don't what warehouse costs would be and what they would have to pay a few people to be in charge of that.

SAme sort of thing with rare amiibos. I could believe they have a warehouse of AC Amiibos though. But it would probably be cheaper just to melt them down and reshape them into new Amiibos. :)
A friend of mine whom works for Nintendo was able to grab a refurbished NES Classic for me two weeks ago. It doesn't come with a box but I fruggin don't care at this point, just thrilled to have one.

The snes mini has only presold for about 2 days. I think there's still a chance it won't be impossible to get at retail.
Yeah, I'm sure if your willing to camp out, or line up extra early in the morning, you may have a shot. But I doubt anyone who just wants to go online, or walk in to a store any given day will be getting one, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Where "N" promised there would be more than the NES Classic, that means next to nothing. As the SNES model is for sure more desired than the NES was, and more could still be way below demand. Everything I've seen so far is pointing to another cluster fuck even worse than the last.

My walmart today & this has been all I've seen since the switch launched back in March. Seriously nintendo WTF?

21078626_1714975321878133_2207558511346845445_n.jpg

Considering i barely get anyone asking anymore about it and gamestop.com has had bundles in stock for the last month or so I'd say demand has slowed.

Those bundles suck. And we know BB and GS got in lots of supply last week. WE also know market was undersupplied given most places previously had 0 Switches in stock. Thus all signs point to an increase in demand due to better supply. Very natural.

I dont know about supply issues. I called up my local gamestop last Saturday and they had four in stock. Said they had come in on Thursday. But this weekend they were all sold out from this weekends shipment. So seems they are more frequently out there but still need a bit of luck. Also, they are sell the console alone now without bundle. Hope that helps.

Those bundles suck. And we know BB and GS got in lots of supply last week. WE also know market was undersupplied given most places previously had 0 Switches in stock. Thus all signs point to an increase in demand due to better supply. Very natural.
You seem to think im implying demand completely feel off or something. Yes, supply in store has gotten better (honestly depends on the area anyways, ive seen switches in and out of stock a lot over the last few months between target, best buy and walmart. If someone in my area really wanted one they could have gotten one with minimal work) but at the same time demand has gone done since people are no longer calling several times a day looking for one, they arent lining up hoping to get one or any of that.

Its not an either or thing. Supply can go up while demand can go down at the same time.

My walmart today & this has been all I've seen since the switch launched back in March. Seriously nintendo WTF?

21078626_1714975321878133_2207558511346845445_n.jpg
Pretty much like this at all of the Target's and almost all of the Walmart's by me. One of the local Best Buy's at some behind the counter when I stopped in there the other day.

You seem to think im implying demand completely feel off or something. Yes, supply in store has gotten better (honestly depends on the area anyways, ive seen switches in and out of stock a lot over the last few months between target, best buy and walmart. If someone in my area really wanted one they could have gotten one with minimal work) but at the same time demand has gone done since people are no longer calling several times a day looking for one, they arent lining up hoping to get one or any of that.

Its not an either or thing. Supply can go up while demand can go down at the same time.
you say you have fewer phone calls than before so end of discussion. demand must have went down.

I will tweet Pachter and let him know that sales for August are going to be lower.

bread's done
Back