Nintendo WII in Stock - Sears Online

if there was a game worth playing on it right now besides wii sports i'd probably jump on board. think i'll pass for now.

[quote name='mtgrungoblins']if there was a game worth playing on it right now besides wii sports i'd probably jump on board. think i'll pass for now.[/QUOTE]

Zelda? Every GC game (Super Smash), downloadable N64, NES, and SNES classics? I mean, those should keep you at least busy untill Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Table Tennis, and the next Mario Kart comes out.

I understand why you are not sure about getting it just yet...I am in the same thought maze. But if you get it now it wouldn't be the worst investment you've ever made.

First though, I am going to CC soon with the 40 off 199 coupon with 3 different shirts, shorts, hats, coupons (which I use on 3 different cashiers until one of them just scans it and doesn't read the fine print).

[quote name='somejewishdude']Zelda? Every GC game (Super Smash), downloadable N64, NES, and SNES classics? I mean, those should keep you at least busy untill Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Table Tennis, and the next Mario Kart comes out.

I understand why you are not sure about getting it just yet...I am in the same thought maze. But if you get it now it wouldn't be the worst investment you've ever made.

First though, I am going to CC soon with the 40 off 199 coupon with 3 different shirts, shorts, hats, coupons (which I use on 3 different cashiers until one of them just scans it and doesn't read the fine print).[/quote]

I don't think they can just "scan it", they have to override it, which is a bit more difficult.

Is the Wii HD-necessary like the Xbox 360 and PS3? And is there a way to play on an LCD computer monitor?

wow.. it's still available... but most ppl don't expect sears to have it

or sears system is messed up and it didn't close when it was supposed to

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Is the Wii HD-necessary like the Xbox 360 and PS3? And is there a way to play on an LCD computer monitor?[/quote]

no, my friend has it and while its cool it makes the graphics look slightly sharper, but then again its not going to have amazing graphics in the first place.

[quote name='seen']no, my friend has it and while its cool it makes the graphics look slightly sharper, but then again its not going to have amazing graphics in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Slightly sharper to me looks slightly uglier. I have found that it makes the crappy graphics stand out more than usual. I didn't think it would bother me when I first got it, but the games are starting to look pretty brutal. I took the HD off, so it would look more blurry; hoping it would cover up the ugly. I can't wait until the new Mario comes out because M: Sunshine was one of my fav games on the GCN.

[quote name='somejewishdude']Zelda? Every GC game (Super Smash), downloadable N64, NES, and SNES classics? I mean, those should keep you at least busy untill Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Table Tennis, and the next Mario Kart comes out.

First though, I am going to CC soon with the 40 off 199 coupon with 3 different shirts, shorts, hats, coupons (which I use on 3 different cashiers until one of them just scans it and doesn't read the fine print).[/QUOTE]

I got Zelda TP on the Gamecube. I hate Smash Brothers. And I still own most of the retro games worth owning. If Metriod Prime 3 and Galaxy shape up to be good, I might get it then.

[quote name='opportunity777']Slightly sharper to me looks slightly uglier. I have found that it makes the crappy graphics stand out more than usual. I didn't think it would bother me when I first got it, but the games are starting to look pretty brutal. I took the HD off, so it would look more blurry; hoping it would cover up the ugly. I can't wait until the new Mario comes out because M: Sunshine was one of my fav games on the GCN.[/QUOTE]

yeah, RE4Wii is in pretty rough shape on my LCD, even in 480i, with sharpness turned down. sucks, cause I remember the game looking *perfect* when it first came out on the GC.

[quote name='bluesyncopate']meh. out of stock. the front page makes it look like it's available, but it's not.[/QUOTE]

Same thing the guy earlier said. It never returned, it just always appears to be in stock. Been trying to pick another one up for a friend...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Is the Wii HD-necessary like the Xbox 360 and PS3? And is there a way to play on an LCD computer monitor?[/QUOTE]

There is no "HD" on the Wii. There are component cables (which do NOT make it HD), and yeah, there's going to be a difference, though as others have mentioned, it can also make flaws stand out more.

There are multiple ways to attach a Wii to an LCD monitor, though not all of them great. Ideally you'd have one with component inputs (or even composite), and just use those, but that's usually just higher end monitors.

bread's done
Back