Nintendo World Store in NYC?

chubbyninja1319

CAGiversary!
Hey gang, i have a buddy who's going to NYC next week and he's going to stop by the Nintendo World Store. I'm gonna give him a few bucks to pick me up some merch, but....I don't even know what they sell.

I'm looking for figurines, shirts, anything. Does anybody know what they sell there other than games?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='slavefive']Hey gang, i have a buddy who's going to NYC next week and he's going to stop by the Nintendo World Store. I'm gonna give him a few bucks to pick me up some merch, but....I don't even know what they sell.

I'm looking for figurines, shirts, anything. Does anybody know what they sell there other than games?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Looking for anything specific? They have tons of nintendo merch there, but I haven't looked at everything there.

But from what I remember, they do have shirts, hats and lots of different clothing stuff. They had some posters and pokemon toys....but lately its been run over by people looking for and waiting to play Wiis. I wanted some Wii Cases like the ones they sell online but no luck.

They seem to have a never endng supply of wiimotes, nunchucks and classic controllers too.

Thats all I can remember, sorry if its not too much help with specific info.

One_up_t-shirt.jpg

They have a lot of stuff from Japan there as well. Get a 1-up shirt. That's mandatory.

See, i don' t know what I'm looking for. that's kind of my problem! :)

I guess, if i had a wish list, it'd include:

- Wii shirts
- Wii hats (beanie and ball caps)
- Mario (luigi, toad, etc.) figurines like they have as part of the Nintendo Club in Japan
- Mario and Zelda shirts
- pins, patches, stickers
- posters

[quote name='slavefive']See, i don' t know what I'm looking for. that's kind of my problem! :)

I guess, if i had a wish list, it'd include:

- Wii shirts
- Wii hats (beanie and ball caps)
- Mario (luigi, toad, etc.) figurines like they have as part of the Nintendo Club in Japan
- Mario and Zelda shirts
- pins, patches, stickers
- posters[/quote]

They sell every single one of those things. Give your friend lots of money!

[quote name='trunks982']i want that zelda twilight princess hoodie. the thing is that i dont know how much it costs.[/quote]

Hoodies should run between $40-60.

oh good God! I was gonna give him like $20.....i'll have to give him a couple grand to get all the crap i'm gonna want! Thanks guys.

well, its NYC and the stuff there are expensive. especially in around times square and rockefeller center. the prices are high because most of the tourists go there.

[quote name='trunks982']well, its NYC and the stuff there are expensive. especially in around times square and rockefeller center. the prices are high because most of the tourists go there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know what you mean about the tourism stuff. I expect the NWS to be much like Disney in terms of prices. I meant that there is so much stuff I want him to get that I'll have to give him a ton of money.

On the figurines, they have an exclusive line of character statuettes for the NWS. I live in Philly, and go up to New York a lot, so I've made a commitment to buying one or two every time I go to the store. So far, I only have Luigi, but it's a beautiful, colorful statue, and I really love it. They're also not expensive at all; six bucks each. I believe they have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, and possibly one other. A nice exclusive souvenier, if you've got a few extra dollars.

[quote name='pdrydia']Get the 1-up shirt and tell people they'll garner extra lives for hugging you.

Works for me! :D[/quote]

lmao

It is a waste of time to buy anything from NYC concerning games. Clothing is a joke along with any other trinkets. If you see something that is diffrent then I say pick it up. Otherwise nevermind it is NYC and the people in the stores do not care about what they sell.

I suggest going to Bullet Proof at the junction area. Just take the No.2 train to the last stop which is FlatBush Brooklyn College Avenue. Then look for the McDonnalds and White Castle. Bullet Proof is right there. They also hold copetitions for free money every sunday. Bring your own controller. Tell your freind to check out that place if they want to buy games, comics, and anime.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']It is a waste of time to buy anything from NYC concerning games. Clothing is a joke along with any other trinkets. If you see something that is diffrent then I say pick it up. Otherwise nevermind it is NYC and the people in the stores do not care about what they sell.

I suggest going to Bullet Proof at the junction area. Just take the No.2 train to the last stop which is FlatBush Brooklyn College Avenue. Then look for the McDonnalds and White Castle. Bullet Proof is right there. They also hold copetitions for free money every sunday. Bring your own controller. Tell your freind to check out that place if they want to buy games, comics, and anime.[/quote]

This made my day. :lol:

Hiya slavefive! ^_^ Here's a photo of stuff i purchased there last year....

nintendow_purchase.jpg

-NES controller beanie ( doesn't even fit my tiny skull! ) $12.99

-Lanyard ( ehh ) $5.99

-Super Mario Brothers 2 pen ( awesome ) $2.99

-Yoshi plush from Mario Party ( cute ) $12.99

-Mario Kart holiday wrapping paper ( for the hell of it ) $2.99

Ya know what sucks, though: they don't make awesome shirts for petite girls, so i was SOL. :p

Thanks for the pic and info, gamergirl! I'm diggin that beanie. My pal is leaving this Thursday, so i'm gonna give him $30 tomorrow and tell him to get me those figurines for $6 each (mario and luigi or peach) and then just surprise me with other stuff.

One more question....do they have shirts for babies and toddlers? I have a one year old daughter and would love to get her a little Nintendo shirt.

Iw as there yesterday, bear in mind that it is the hollidays and the placed has been cleaned out.
First floor will demodtations, GBA bar, DS circle, mostly pokemon stuff and GBA games. If you look by the regresters there are small cases of nintendo trinkets such as patches, lapel pins ( ~4bucks) pens, notebooks coffee cups, stickers, they alo have a nintendo version of monopoly (~30)and such.
They have nintendos plushes, the good ones ar ebehind teh elevator, but good luck getting a clerk to get them, mostly whats left are pugs , boxers, and an akita
the second floor they have legenof zelda HD setips, and mostly gamecue games and DS accessories. The merchindice sonstits of clothing and teeshirts. Regular nintendo t shirts will run between 16-18 bucks. They now have King of games T shirts form Japan those clock in at 50 per shirt. The have nintendo work caps, mostly ones that say player, ver few beanies left. Nintendo blankers, and sweatshirts. A sweatshirt will run 30 or so. They aloso have mario party plushes and mario party statues. New tho are animal crossing plushies, ugly but popular
HL out there

please excuse teh typiing in on a small laptop and tired GL translating
ps see if you can manage about 60 to give him, you can get a nice selection with that much

Don't forget to tell your freind to checkout Bullet Proof. That place is amazing with the viariety of stuff you will find of the imaginary. You wont find clothing but you find toys and imports of all sorts.

[quote name='bezelbubba']Iw as there yesterday, bear in mind that it is the hollidays and the placed has been cleaned out.
First floor will demodtations, GBA bar, DS circle, mostly pokemon stuff and GBA games. If you look by the regresters there are small cases of nintendo trinkets such as patches, lapel pins ( ~4bucks) pens, notebooks coffee cups, stickers, they alo have a nintendo version of monopoly (~30)and such.
They have nintendos plushes, the good ones ar ebehind teh elevator, but good luck getting a clerk to get them, mostly whats left are pugs , boxers, and an akita
the second floor they have legenof zelda HD setips, and mostly gamecue games and DS accessories. The merchindice sonstits of clothing and teeshirts. Regular nintendo t shirts will run between 16-18 bucks. They now have King of games T shirts form Japan those clock in at 50 per shirt. The have nintendo work caps, mostly ones that say player, ver few beanies left. Nintendo blankers, and sweatshirts. A sweatshirt will run 30 or so. They aloso have mario party plushes and mario party statues. New tho are animal crossing plushies, ugly but popular
HL out there

please excuse teh typiing in on a small laptop and tired GL translating
ps see if you can manage about 60 to give him, you can get a nice selection with that much[/QUOTE]

Great info, thanks! Did they still have the figurines? That's what I'm most interested in (other than the toddler shirts)?

bread's done
Back