NO WAY!!!??? KMART BLUE LIGHT SPECIALS YMMV Sat-Sun only? 60% off some games

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
UPDATED 1/16
This was in pittsburgh. Basically bunch of originally 14-30 dollar games for 60% off (clearance?) It was some supposed "BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL EVENT" but no blue lights involved; also included LOTS of other items (tags beneath the shelves).

Didn't see what gba games were on sale but I assume they were 60% of 15-20 so they'd be 6 or 8 dollars.

Decent selection sat/sun 1/16-1/17 only.

ADDITIONS: MERGED prelim list

XBOX
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)

Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)

midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),

project gotham racing 2, (12)

MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8

Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8

Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12

Crash and Burn (xbox) 12

Crimson Skies xbox 12

SCALER Xbox (8)

Psy-ops (8)

TMNT 1 (8)

Freedom Fighters (8)

Speed Kings (8)

ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8

MX superstar (8)

BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)

Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Wild Arms 3 (12)

Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)

Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)

viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)

megaman zero 3 ($12, Ps2?)

Rise to Honor (ps2) 8

Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8

Rise to honor (8)

Beyond good and evil (12?)

Contra shattered soldier (12)

X111 (8)

sphinx (8)

Castlevania (ps2) 8

Spyhunter 2 (ps2) 12

Barbarian (ps2) 12

Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.

Wavebird+metroid gcn 15

Apparently this deal includes both the platinum hits and regular skus at least on xbox. I assume it applies to PS2 greatest hits as well.

[quote name='seanw']So what's the best strategy for liquidating these two extra Metroid Prime's I've got? They're still shrink-wrapped, but they also have alternate packaging (as seen in PocariSweat's picture) with the UPC on front and those K-Mart graphics (which are on the printed cover itself, not the wrapping). So even if I was to go to some other store and play naive, they won't scan in because they have the wrong UPC code. And yet just selling them as used seems like a bad deal because they're mint and unopened.[/quote]

Find a fellow CAGer who is interested is my suggestion.

I went today and found

Gradius Galaxies (GBA) - $7.99
Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) - $7.99
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - $7.99
Crimson Skies (Non-GH) - $11.99

The game I really wanted was Megaman Zero 3. If anyone wants to sell or trade it please PM me. It would be so cool if someone could pick me up a copy.

Please?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

Too bad. I got two of them this afternoon at a Metro Detroit Kmart.
Ha Ha.[/quote]

I'm not in the metro right now... damn college

[quote name='Skylander7']Just curious, but has anybody tried Dead or Alive 3? My Kmart has a couple of them.[/quote]

It was on the same shelf on the sale games but I didn't have it scanned. I'm betting it's $7.99.

Just picked up:
Viewtiful Joe (GC):7.99
Tiger Woods 2004(GC):11.99
And a raincheck for the Metroid bundle for 15.99
Edit:
All those People looking for games they can't find, why not ask for a raincheck?

If anyone could land an extra Wavebird/Metriod Prime bundle, please PM me. I'll pay $20 shipped for just the Wavebird, or I have an extra copy of Mega Man Zero 3 that I would be willing to trade.
One a brighter note, one K-Mart I visited had a sealed copy of the Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest bonus disc behind the counter. The manager said I could have it for free if I bought a GC game, so I picked up Harvest Moon (which I will return in a few days, naturally). LUCKY!

[quote name='moojuice']Just picked up:
Viewtiful Joe (GC):7.99
Tiger Woods 2004(GC):11.99
And a raincheck for the Metroid bundle for 15.99
Edit:
All those People looking for games they can't find, why not ask for a raincheck?[/quote]

Umm... because they will never restock these games... they are clearing them out to get rid of them... Not restock them.

[quote name='moojuice']Edit:
All those People looking for games they can't find, why not ask for a raincheck?[/quote]

Well, it's a clearance, right? Do you expect these games (and specifically, that Metroid bundle) to come back in stock? I know I don't.

thanks OP! :D

picked up 2 wavebird bundles & mechassault

the CSR was shocked :shock: when he saw the price of the wavebirds, and discreetly put away the remaining three for himself...sneaky sneaky

Today the last day for this? Weird to clear out items for a only a weekend only. If they want to clear items out, you'd think they'd keep the prices low or even lower them further.

Damn can someone pick me up

Castlevania: Aos
Suioden III
Beyond G&E
. Hack Outbreak
Contra Gba
Contra Shattered Soldier Ps2

I cnat get a ride its snowing to much.

I'm looking for

Warioware (GBA)
Metroid/Wavebird Bundle
Castlevania: AOS (GBA)

if anyone has extras... or knows of a K-mart in the ann arbor/detroit area that still has them.

my God... I went

I know... I know... I just had to, and to my astonishment, I picked up Viewtiful Joe for the GC for $8 and change. Simply amazing. Even more amazing I was able to resist picking up Scaler, at the same price; probably couldn't have resisted had it been $5 though...
Yes folks, the horse has finally found a deal at Kmart and finally turned down a shitty game at a low price.

There were 2 more PS2 copies of VJ and another GC copy, Tiger Woods for $12 and RE: Outbreak for $12 as well. They also had Megaman Zero 3, but I didn't bother to ask to have it scanned. I scanned a bunch of other games too, but to no avail.

Anyway, I'm still looking for Suikoden III, but who isn't?

Btw: just as an extreme YMMV note -- I had my "sheet O' UPC's" with me when I went and when I tried scanning a few things I found that .hack 1 & 2 are both ringing up at $2.99. (Xenosaga also rings at that price as well).

Just figured I'd let people know in case anyone's lucky enough to spot any of them while they're out. Unfortunately none to be had around here (I'd tried looking around for Xenosaga when I saw it at that price a while back, but didn't wind up getting a copy until the TRU coupon/sale)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']my God... I went

I know... I know... I just had to, and to my astonishment, I picked up Viewtiful Joe for the GC for $8 and change. Simply amazing. Even more amazing I was able to resist picking up Scaler, at the same price; probably couldn't have resisted had it been $5 though...
Yes folks, the horse has finally found a deal at Kmart and finally turned down a shitty game at a low price.

There were 2 more PS2 copies of VJ and another GC copy, Tiger Woods for $12 and RE: Outbreak for $12 as well. They also had Megaman Zero 3, but I didn't bother to ask to have it scanned. I scanned a bunch of other games too, but to no avail.

Anyway, I'm still looking for Suikoden III, but who isn't?[/quote]

What hapened to the horse saying he was never going to go to a Kmart because they have crappy deals and you never find anything? [-X :nottalking: :wink:

nice... i just got back from kmart

i got:

Viewtiful Joe (ps2) marked $19 got it for $7.99
Manhunt (xbox) marked $49 got it for $11.99
Project gotham racing 2(xbox) marked $29 got it for $11.99
Mechassault(xbox) marked $19 got it for $7.99
Crimson skies (xbox) marked $29 got it for $11.99

they had like 5 copies of counter-strike, 5 copies of viewtiful joe for ps2, 5 copies of fusion frenzy, 3-4 crimson skies, pokemon channel, some yugioh game for gamecube, haunted mansion for gamecube, scaler, and alot of other games.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']my God... I went

Anyway, I'm still looking for Suikoden III, but who isn't?[/quote]

What hapened to the horse saying he was never going to go to a Kmart because they have crappy deals and you never find anything? [-X :nottalking: :wink:[/quote]

I know, I know... but it was the lure of Suikoden III that finally did me in, plus I still hadn't gotten VJ either. I just... had to do it. Things were different this time though, so many people have posted their findings and there was a giant up to 60% off sign outside Kmart.

please add silent hill 3 for ps2 7.99 CA valley BIG k mart 7.99 sucks.. i already have it.. so i just picked up Mechassault 7.99 and they had max payne for xbox original ver. 7.99 also NBA barrders( ? ) for xbox 11.99

damn i looked in the game case to see if there were any wavebird/metriod bundles in there and i saw what looked like just 3 wavebirds in their cases, but they were all facing forward so i dont know if it was the metroid bundle or not >_< .

i may have to go back in a little while and check this out again..

[quote name='TimTucker']Btw: just as an extreme YMMV note -- I had my "sheet O' UPC's" with me when I went and when I tried scanning a few things I found that .hack 1 & 2 are both ringing up at $2.99. (Xenosaga also rings at that price as well).

Just figured I'd let people know in case anyone's lucky enough to spot any of them while they're out. Unfortunately none to be had around here (I'd tried looking around for Xenosaga when I saw it at that price a while back, but didn't wind up getting a copy until the TRU coupon/sale)[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm that Xenosaga is $2.99?

[quote name='Mr Peanut'][quote name='TimTucker']Btw: just as an extreme YMMV note -- I had my "sheet O' UPC's" with me when I went and when I tried scanning a few things I found that .hack 1 & 2 are both ringing up at $2.99. (Xenosaga also rings at that price as well).

Just figured I'd let people know in case anyone's lucky enough to spot any of them while they're out. Unfortunately none to be had around here (I'd tried looking around for Xenosaga when I saw it at that price a while back, but didn't wind up getting a copy until the TRU coupon/sale)[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm that Xenosaga is $2.99?[/quote]

It's been $2.99 for months.

i got only two things...VJ (ps2) and Gradius Galaxies (gba) at my kmart...they had contra gba, dead to rights, castlevania circle of the moon, mgs substance (xbox), voodoo vince, grabbed by ghoulies, and some others there too..

if anyone can pick me up megaman zero 3 (gba) or suikoden III, i'd be greatful...and i could get some stuff for you

thanks

I just got back from the K-mart in tallahassee fl.
I wrote down what they had before I left.

XBOX
Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8
Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Contra shattered soldier (12)
Harry Potter ($8)
TMNT 1
Alias (PS2) ($11)
Downhill Domination ($11)
Smackdown: SYM
Roadkill
reel Fishing III
freedom fighters ($8 got the last one)
Batman: Rise of sin tzu (action figure edition) ($8)

GCN
Wavebird+metroid gcn 15 (only two were left)
Zelda Windwaker

GBA
samurai jack(gba) ($8)
Boktai ($6)
gradius galaxies 5.99
pokemon gold ($11)
Zelda: the minish cap ($29)

I picked up 2 Wavebird+metroid bundles, freedom fighters,
Batman: Rise of sin tzu and metal gear solid 2 substance.

[quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

Same here. Every single time I hear of a "clearance" or "special" from them, it always ends up in nothing.[/quote]

You guys apparently aren't looking at what other people have been posting in this thread.
And ignoring this is just plain stupid, in my opinion.

[quote name='gnawingonfoot'][quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

Same here. Every single time I hear of a "clearance" or "special" from them, it always ends up in nothing.[/quote]

You guys apparently aren't looking at what other people have been posting in this thread.
And ignoring this is just plain stupid, in my opinion.[/quote]

so is ignoring the part where zenithian legend went to kmart.

Not like this is going to help anyone at this point, but I just came back from Howell, NJ Super K-mart. The only indication they had that any sale was going on was a small "60% off selected games" sign they had on one of the cases, with no indication of what the selected games were. No bin, no basket, nothing. I looked through the list of games on the counter but didn't see anything good that wasn't already mentioned. No Wario Ware for GBA unfortunately but they did have a few Wavebird combos left. No Suikoden III, no BG&E, no V-Joe, and I didn't really look too hard at the Xbox games.

[quote name='billyknoxville'][quote name='gnawingonfoot'][quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

And ignoring this is just plain stupid, in my opinion.[/quote]

so is ignoring the part where zenithian legend went to kmart.[/quote]
Yes, right you are.

[quote name='suko_32']Zelda Minish Cap is on "Clearence" for 29.99....[/quote]

I think it was just something he was planning to buy and purchased it while he was spending all that cash.

Well, I went back today to try and get that full list...and they wouldn't let me see it. I don't understand having a sale on items then not informing the customer what titles are on sale. Oh well....did end up snagging me a copy of Wario Ware for $12...ended with 4 games and just under $30 :)

Bleh Figures, I just came back from my local KMart and they told me all the sale games were 50$ - 60% which left em still 20$.........
I hate my Kmart, they do that stuff every time! also no wavebirds etc either :(

If anyone happened to pick up an extra Wavebird bundle or copy of mario party 4 etc could ya let me know? id gladly pay all shipping charges etc plus a few extra bucks :)

[quote name='Logain8955']Well, I went back today to try and get that full list...and they wouldn't let me see it. I don't understand having a sale on items then not informing the customer what titles are on sale. Oh well....did end up snagging me a copy of Wario Ware for $12...ended with 4 games and just under $30 :)[/quote]

It's possible that it may be a staggered promotion. Ie this week, again in 2 weeks, etc. I don't know why they are clearing some of these games out namely: Crash and burn, scaler, and the Greatest hits games like rise to honor and mechassault but then again it's kmart and they never make sense.

[quote name='stevecrime'][quote name='Logain8955']I saw a list of the games, it's a good 5 pages long.

bunch of other good stuff....I'm going to go tomorrow too and take a pencil/paper, try to write down what I see[/quote]

I sure would appreciate it! I know there are a lot of old games at my local Kmart, but they only had that tiny crate of them marked as being on sale. I know there has to me more titles than that. (I did spot Amplitude, but I already have it.) They still have Ico here, for cryin' out loud.[/quote]

There was only a tiny crate of crappy GBA games marked as being on sale at my Kmart. I had to fight with the salesperson just to get her to scan the Metrioid Prime/Wavebird bundle, but it came up as $15.99. :)

They are clearing out quite a bit merch, and getting things under control...unfotunately they still have a lot of, um, stupid associates, let alone incompetent department managers. As of right now, they are going through 200 stores, and testing all of the managment to see if they know what they're selling. This will expand after they also completely revamp those 200 stores. As of right now...they just really need to change thier name to something other than "K-Mart"

[quote name='Dijital']wtf is scaler?[/quote]

to answer above you $8

to answer you, its a "hip" platformer. Not too bad, better than malice, but its no mario

[quote name='Wshakspear']They are clearing out quite a bit merch, and getting things under control...unfotunately they still have a lot of, um, stupid associates, let alone incompetent department managers. As of right now, they are going through 200 stores, and testing all of the managment to see if they know what they're selling. This will expand after they also completely revamp those 200 stores. As of right now...they just really need to change thier name to something other than "K-Mart"[/quote]

walking into K-Mart is like walking back in time. They need to change the interior design of their stores to make it more modern

bread's done
Back