Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

I really need to cancel my DMC account since I took care of my commitment and open a new one. I just need to inventory all my current Disney movies so I don't order any ones I already have. A lot of my movies are still boxed up from my move last year.

Just signed up for my first time with DMC and saw the 'upgrade to Blu-Ray and get a $4.99 title.' Any thing I need to know before doing so or is that legit?

Most people can't use the link. If you used a promo code or were referred by a friend your account is already flagged as "blu ray". The link shows up for everyone, but not everyone can use the deal. That said, if it actually applies to you it is a real promotion and not a scam or anything.

You'd rather buy 4 commitment titles to get Lone Ranger for a few bucks off than save way more with the promo code?

Ce la vie. If nothing else do the refer a friend. Even that comes out a better deal. I'm sure the next person who signs up based on this topic thread would let you "refer" them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd rather buy 4 commitment titles to get Lone Ranger for a few bucks off than save way more with the promo code?

Ce la vie. If nothing else do the refer a friend. Even that comes out a better deal. I'm sure the next person who signs up based on this topic thread would let you "refer" them.
Yeah, I didn't think of it that way lol. Good point. :D

If anybody wants to be referred, please let me know!

The Rodfather mentioned this a few posts ago, but there is no need for a thread here, really. This is the place to be for all things DMC related. Active community with up-to-date deal codes and help. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

If there were one here, I'd contribute, for sure, but it seems like a small crowd for this site.

Last I checked Disney was out of the Ponyo slipcover but hopefully they have Bambi.
I told you already but for those that don't know Costco had Ponyo with a slip, they've been their for a while now so selection may be scarce, if your still looking go now!

I called the Movie Club and they rejected every Blu Ray for enrollment that had a 3-D disc and/or a Digital Copy. Didn't leave enough left on my want list to get the initial 7. Total fail, though the rep. did say they might make 3-D available for enrollment titles in the future.

Either I got the wrong salesperson, or they are getting wise to asking for titles via catalog number.

Ponyo is on its way! What I don't understand is why they don't offer more Studio Ghibli stuff on Blu Ray? They've got Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle, but they don't have Miyazaki's other films on Blu Ray, such as Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, or his greatest film (to date) Spirited Away. 

i got my free tron legacy, national treasure (decided to be super chep and not pay shipping for national treasure lol) and mickey pin today. they delivered it much faster than i thought they would which is awsome ! btw for those wondering my tron did come with a slip cover :D

Ponyo is on its way! What I don't understand is why they don't offer more Studio Ghibli stuff on Blu Ray? They've got Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle, but they don't have Miyazaki's other films on Blu Ray, such as Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, or his greatest film (to date) Spirited Away.
Don't forget you can get From Up On Poppy Hill (written by Miyazaki and directed by his son), Arrietty (written by Miyazaki), Whisper of the Heart and Grave of the Fireflies (both minimally involving Miyzakaki) all on blu-ray.

Don't forget you can get From Up On Poppy Hill (written by Miyazaki and directed by his son), Arrietty (written by Miyazaki), Whisper of the Heart and Grave of the Fireflies (both minimally involving Miyzakaki) all on blu-ray.
True, especially since Poppy Hill is rather cheap, and Fireflies is directed by the other Sutdio Ghibli founder Takahata (whose reputation is nearly as prestigious as Miyazaki's), though it is easily the single most depressing movie I have ever seen.

Grave of the Fireflies isn't distributed by Disney either, but that's got nothing to do with if they "count" for me, so I wanted to make sure he wasn't missing those in his collection.

Grave of the Fireflies isn't distributed by Disney either, but that's got nothing to do with if they "count" for me, so I wanted to make sure he wasn't missing those in his collection.
Any Miyazaki collection without Spirited Away is incomplete, yet for some reason, they apparently don't make it on Blu Ray, which is a shame, since Ponyo looks so good. I'd love to see what Spirited, Mononoke, the Wind Rises (if it even gets released here) and some of his other masterpieces look like on the format.

I fully expect a Mononoke/Cat Returns announcement soon. Seems like the annual release of Disney Ghiblis are in May. Clearly Spirited Away is being saved for last, which makes me sad because it is Top 3 animated movies of all time material.

I don't like the art in those movies, so I haven't seen them. I did force myself to watch Fractale though and it looks similar. Maybe one day I'll be able to sit through them.

Any Miyazaki collection without Spirited Away is incomplete, yet for some reason, they apparently don't make it on Blu Ray, which is a shame, since Ponyo looks so good. I'd love to see what Spirited, Mononoke, the Wind Rises (if it even gets released here) and some of his other masterpieces look like on the format.
I went to see The Wind Rises yesterday at the theater. It's playing at several different places here.

Anyone know when they charge you for movies you order on Disney movie club? Are you charged before it ships or no? Hoping I was already charged for Frozen which I ordered 3 weeks ago.

I can confirm from personal experience that Winnie the Pooh: Springtime With Roo gives double DMR points until the 17th.

Wide release already happened. I saw it in a theater last month.

Oh and Princess Mononoke is headed for BD in the US sometime this year.
There was a tweet from Ghibli saying they were working to get it over, but that was the last I saw. Do you have more details?

I fully expect a Mononoke/Cat Returns announcement soon. Seems like the annual release of Disney Ghiblis are in May. Clearly Spirited Away is being saved for last, which makes me sad because it is Top 3 animated movies of all time material.
So, they release them once a year in May? With five already released (three of which are early, and the latter 2 the latest 2) that still leaves 7 to go. That's an awful long time to wait, especially since Blu Ray's successor (4K?) should be well in place by then. Still, Mononoke is one of the better (and more popular) ones.

bread's done
Back