Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

Been using this Amazon Video system for double points for several weeks now, but it hasn't been without some issues. When I tried redeeming Pocahontas II, promo code completely did not apply and I was charged. Took some wrangling through chat, but had it ultimately fixed, and then also had to contact DMA support because it also didn't port to other providers. I also had a problem with Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh where it seems to have only gave me $14.99 of promo credit, so it ended up charging me $5 out of my own balances. Again, chatting fixed it, but it's been a bit of a hassle, but has been ultimately worth it for all the points I've been getting.

However, my very last redemption suddenly made me think perhaps there was a better way. When I tried redeeming Jungle Book 2, I was surprised to learn redeeming through Amazon wasn't even an option. I guess because of rights issues, Amazon doesn't currently sell it. So I was forced to redeem through Vudu and figured the double point redemption for this one would be lost. But to my surprise, when I went to try anyway to redeem on DMR, it still worked and gave me the extra 150 points! I don't know if this was a one time deal related to the fact that Amazon doesn't carry Jungle Book 2, but now I'm wondering if I could have been redeeming through Vudu all along. It's a much simpler process than having to use Amazon's promo codes, which as I said above, haven't always been completely successful and somewhat confusing. Food for thought...
Interesting... my code for Jungle Book also was not showing Amazon Video - so I have yet to redeem it. I am not familiar with Vudu... but if you redeem for that code - you get 150 pointsand another 150 points when you put the code in at DMR?

Interesting... my code for Jungle Book also was not showing Amazon Video - so I have yet to redeem it. I am not familiar with Vudu... but if you redeem for that code - you get 150 pointsand another 150 points when you put the code in at DMR?
Well, shoot. I was about to reply "yes", but now I'm not so sure because I think Disney just made a liar out of me, lol! I'm 99 percent sure that I redeemed through Vudu, got 150, and then went over to DMR, redeemed, and then saw both listed at 150 points each. But now when I went to take screenshots of my account for proof, the Vudu redemption 150 doesn't show up anymore! You can see in first screenshot DMR 150 added, but it doesn't have "Play Now" link that all the other DMA movies have. In fact, in second screenshot, Jungle Book 2 doesn't even show up in my DMR account! However, if you look in last two screenshots, you can see that I do indeed have it as it shows up in both my Vudu and my DMA account. Really weird. So now I honestly can't say whether or not I did get a double redemption because I don't remember what my point balance was when I redeemed it and didn't have a reason to take a screenshot at the time I redeemed. But like I said, I'm almost positive that I saw both 150 points listed, including one with a "Play Now" link in my DMR account.

So I dunno now, maybe just forget everything I said? LOL

[attachment=26451:2017-04-28 (2).png][attachment=26452:2017-04-28 (5).png][attachment=26453:2017-04-28 (3).png][attachment=26454:2017-04-28 (4).png]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, shoot. I was about to reply "yes", but now I'm not so sure because I think Disney just made a liar out of me, lol! I'm 99 percent sure that I redeemed through Vudu, got 150, and then went over to DMR, redeemed, and then saw both listed at 150 points each. But now when I went to take screenshots of my account for proof, the Vudu redemption 150 doesn't show up anymore! You can see in first screenshot DMR 150 added, but it doesn't have "Play Now" link that all the other DMA movies have. In fact, in second screenshot, Jungle Book 2 doesn't even show up in my DMR account! However, if you look in last two screenshots, you can see that I do indeed have it as it shows up in both my Vudu and my DMA account. Really weird. So now I honestly can't say whether or not I did get a double redemption because I don't remember what my point balance was when I redeemed it and didn't have a reason to take a screenshot at the time I redeemed. But like I said, I'm almost positive that I saw both 150 points listed, including one with a "Play Now" link in my DMR account.

attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (2).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (5).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (3).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (4).png
haha - now I'm not sure what I should do lol. It might be worth me just putting this code directly on DMR for the DMA option.

haha - now I'm not sure what I should do lol. It might be worth me just putting this code directly on DMR for the DMA option.
Or, you could try duplicating what I did, redeem on Vudu first, then redeem on DMR, and see if both (initially) show up in your account. Worse comes to worse, it should show up in your DMA account anyway (as one of my screenshots proved).

Plus, you'd really be doing us both a favor to figure out this possible "mystery" once and for all! O:)

Or, you could try duplicating what I did, redeem on Vudu first, then redeem on DMR, and see if both (initially) show up in your account. Worse comes to worse, it should show up in your DMA account anyway (as one of my screenshots proved).

Plus, you'd really be doing us both a favor to figure out this possible "mystery" once and for all! O:)
I don't want to risk not having it in DMA :wall:

I don't want to risk not having it in DMA :wall:
If your Vudu is connected to your DMA, then the movie will show up in your DMA if you redeem the code at Vudu. I don't think Vudu has non-DMA versions of DMA-eligible movies like Amazon does, so you should be safe.

attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (2).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (5).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (3).png
attachicon.gif
2017-04-28 (4).png
You probably never got the 150 points for redeeming the code at Vudu, and this is because you aren't purchasing the movie at Vudu but rather redeeming a code for it. Vudu is smart enough to tell the difference between purchasing a movie and redeeming a code for a movie, and they pass that info along to DMA. DMA doesn't see it as a purchase on Vudu but rather as a code redemption. AFAIK, the only way to get double points is through purchasing the movie from Amazon for free after entering the coupon code gained from www.digitalcopyplus.com, and if that website doesn't give you the option to go to Amazon to buy the movie then there may not be any option for double points.

Been using this Amazon Video system for double points for several weeks now, but it hasn't been without some issues. When I tried redeeming Pocahontas II, promo code completely did not apply and I was charged. Took some wrangling through chat, but had it ultimately fixed, and then also had to contact DMA support because it also didn't port to other providers. I also had a problem with Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh where it seems to have only gave me $14.99 of promo credit, so it ended up charging me $5 out of my own balances. Again, chatting fixed it, but it's been a bit of a hassle, but has been ultimately worth it for all the points I've been getting.

However, my very last redemption suddenly made me think perhaps there was a better way. When I tried redeeming Jungle Book 2, I was surprised to learn redeeming through Amazon wasn't even an option. I guess because of rights issues, Amazon doesn't currently sell it. So I was forced to redeem through Vudu and figured the double point redemption for this one would be lost. But to my surprise, when I went to try anyway to redeem on DMR, it still worked and gave me the extra 150 points! I don't know if this was a one time deal related to the fact that Amazon doesn't carry Jungle Book 2, but now I'm wondering if I could have been redeeming through Vudu all along. It's a much simpler process than having to use Amazon's promo codes, which as I said above, haven't always been completely successful and somewhat confusing. Food for thought...
If the version of the movie you bought at Amazon wasn't discounted by the coupon code, AND that movie didn't show up in DMA, then you might have bought the wrong version of the movie. The best way to tell which version to buy is to go to the movie on DMA, click the Buy button, and then choose Amazon Video and then click Continue. That should take you to this version of Pocahontas II:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/buzz/detail?buzzId=10.5240%2F241D-0418-8896-F120-C9C8-A&prefix=browser&buzzReturnPath=movie%2Fpocahontas-2%3Fgd%3Dtrue

On that page is the box of text mentioning Disney Movies Anywhere. If you did all that or wound up at that page on your own, and it still didn't work, then brother I have no idea. :)

If your Vudu is connected to your DMA, then the movie will show up in your DMA if you redeem the code at Vudu. I don't think Vudu has non-DMA versions of DMA-eligible movies like Amazon does, so you should be safe.
I think he mentioned not using Vudu, so I'm guessing he probably just doesn't wasn't to go through the whole process of registering an account and linking it, which is understandable; especially since there doesn't seem to be any benefit to it other than confirming something I posted earlier, which isn't really a priority to anyone, myself included.

You probably never got the 150 points for redeeming the code at Vudu, and this is because you aren't purchasing the movie at Vudu but rather redeeming a code for it. Vudu is smart enough to tell the difference between purchasing a movie and redeeming a code for a movie, and they pass that info along to DMA. DMA doesn't see it as a purchase on Vudu but rather as a code redemption. AFAIK, the only way to get double points is through purchasing the movie from Amazon for free after entering the coupon code gained from www.digitalcopyplus.com, and if that website doesn't give you the option to go to Amazon to buy the movie then there may not be any option for double points.
I don't know what to say other than I'm almost positive I initially saw the 150 points from my Vudu redemption because I specifically remember seeing both because that's exactly what I was checking my account for. I also remember seeing the "Play Now" button in my DMR account from the Vudu redemption, but it doesn't show now and in fact you can't even see it at all in my account. That in itself doesn't seem normal, don't you agree? Because wherever you redeem from, any Disney digital movie should be seen as part of your collection in DMR, right? All I'm saying is that I believe it "at first" looked like it worked for double code redemption. But in any case, I'm sure you're right about Vudu not being an alternative to the Amazon method for double point redemption, because it didn't seem to truly work in the end for me, so I definitely agree with you on that.

On that page is the box of text mentioning Disney Movies Anywhere. If you did all that or wound up at that page on your own, and it still didn't work, then brother I have no idea. :)
Trust me, after redeeming MULTIPLE Disney movies through Amazon over the last several weeks, I'm more than familiar with the procedure. (My girlfriend and I both joined the DMC, so it's been a Disney-palooza over here, lol!) I'm just trying to get out there that the process can be a little inconsistent depending on the movie. I followed the instructions to a "T" when redeeming for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, including verifying ahead of time through DMA which version it was supposed to be, and I still got screwed through this process because promo code only covered $14.99 and the rest came out of my own pocket. Granted, it got fixed in the end, but like I said earlier, it was a bit of a hassle.

Ultimately, this whole Amazon thing has been a boon to me because I didn't realize before a few weeks ago that I was leaving so many points on the table by NOT redeeming through Amazon. So thanks to everyone here for the discussion, because it's been very helpful to me. :D/

There should be a way to see points acquired on DMR.  That would tell you if you got an extra 150 from VUDU or not. I think under My DMR.

Is there a way to check a DMR code if it's still valid (unused) without redeeming it?
You used to be able to enter the code into DMR's website while not logged in. If it hasn't been redeemed it will show you what you are trying to redeem and for how many points and prompt you to log in. I would do this in Incognito mode in Chrome or other browser to be safe.

Is it better to redeem at Amazon, then quickly go to the Disney site to redeem, is it better to wait a while, or does it not seem to matter?

Quick question... I ordered a movie that said Digital Copy (no disc in the O)... but there is a disc. It want's me to redeem the code there... how does that work with the Amazon video? and DMR points? And Disney Anywhere?

Sorry to post this here but there doesn't seem to be a separate trade thread for DMR codes. I have 7 DVD codes (700 points) that I'm looking to trade for DMR codes I don't have (blu or dvd). Willing to trade even points or I'd be willing to give them all up for a code or two that grant DMA movies (especially Dr. Strange Blu or Toy Story 1 or 2). Thanks!

Sorry to post this here but there doesn't seem to be a separate trade thread for DMR codes. I have 7 DVD codes (700 points) that I'm looking to trade for DMR codes I don't have (blu or dvd). Willing to trade even points or I'd be willing to give them all up for a code or two that grant DMA movies (especially Dr. Strange Blu or Toy Story 1 or 2). Thanks!
Please refer to this thread for buying/selling/trading codes:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?/topic/279395-DVD/Blu-Digital-/-Ultraviolet-Code-Trade---READ-THE-OP-ONE-POST-EVERY-THREE-DAYS!

And if you don't have any luck there you can always try the blu-ray.com forums

Also, any Disney blu collectors out there need Lion King 3D shoot me a pm, I have an extra copy I found at a local store

Does CAG have a dedicated DMA thread?  If not, then I'll just post this here.  Apparently movies that were redeemed via the XML method in iTunes have reverted back to SD in DMA, Vudu, and Google Play.  Also, some movies have disappeared altogether.  Here is my list of affected movies (so far):

Iron Man 2
Forzen (Sing-Along Edition)
John Carter
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Old Dogs
Alice in Wonderland
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

I have no idea if I'm missing any movies because I have far too many movies to keep track of (or even be bothered to watch I guess :) ), but it's worth checking your collections.  All of the interested parties are involved and working on a resolution.

Does CAG have a dedicated DMA thread? If not, then I'll just post this here. Apparently movies that were redeemed via the XML method in iTunes have reverted back to SD in DMA, Vudu, and Google Play. Also, some movies have disappeared altogether. Here is my list of affected movies (so far):

Iron Man 2
John Carter
Thor
Old Dogs
Alice in Wonderland

I have no idea if I'm missing any movies because I have far too many movies to keep track of (or even be bothered to watch I guess :) ), but it's worth checking your collections. All of the interested parties are involved and working on a resolution.
Someone over at bluray forums contacted a disney rep, and he said that it's a known issue and will be resolved.

Does CAG have a dedicated DMA thread? If not, then I'll just post this here. Apparently movies that were redeemed via the XML method in iTunes have reverted back to SD in DMA, Vudu, and Google Play. Also, some movies have disappeared altogether. Here is my list of affected movies (so far):

Iron Man 2
John Carter
Thor
Old Dogs
Alice in Wonderland

I have no idea if I'm missing any movies because I have far too many movies to keep track of (or even be bothered to watch I guess :) ), but it's worth checking your collections. All of the interested parties are involved and working on a resolution.
Someone over at bluray forums contacted a disney rep, and he said that it's a known issue and will be resolved.
Thanks for posting this ...

Of course, after months of trying to connect my DMA to iTunes account, I found on Friday that DMA finally fixed the 64bit iTunes link issue, allowing me to finally link them.

On Saturday, I noticed a number of my titles transferred to Vudu in SD only.

Some internet searches stated that if you had local SD copies of the original XML, DMA would only recognize SD as purchased, even if it had upgraded to HD in your iTunes library in the store.

The fix was to unlink DMA from iTunes, delete your local SD copies, download HD version and relink. I was only halfway through the process when I stumbled across this.

Guess I'll wait to hear after the ongoing issue is resolved.

It's been fixed. Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger were affected for me. To get the HDX versions back, you just have to unlink DMA from Vudu, and then relink.

Is anyone familiar with the Disney Movie Club? Apparently they released all 3 Mighty Ducks movies in BR for the first time but they're a DMC exclusive. Never was aware of the club so I don't know how things work with it. Do they do timed exclusives or am I going to have to pay resller prices or join the club to get these? Little irritated they finally released these on BR but do it this way. With the demand they've received for them over the years thought they'd like making money but I guess they'd rather limit the potential of sales.

Is anyone familiar with the Disney Movie Club? Apparently they released all 3 Mighty Ducks movies in BR for the first time but they're a DMC exclusive. Never was aware of the club so I don't know how things work with it. Do they do timed exclusives or am I going to have to pay resller prices or join the club to get these? Little irritated they finally released these on BR but do it this way. With the demand they've received for them over the years thought they'd like making money but I guess they'd rather limit the potential of sales.
They seem to do club exclusives that stay exclusives. i joined last year and kept an eye out online for promo codes. You can find codes that give bonus $1 titles with your initial order and allow you to purchase highly discounted titles that count towards your purchase commitment. I think I spent under $60 before I met the commitment requirements.

I think there is another thread on the site where I also post disney codes, just search for disney in the forums. (Can't copy paste right now)

If not here, then probably on the blu forums.

I highly recommend this forum for the latest online codes that can get you the best entry deals into the Club: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Most of the DMC exclusives remain that way. I still have to get my Cool Runnings Blu-Ray!

Have to join the club, yes. Then you have to buy 4 movies at regular prices. afterwards, quit if you like. You could also check eBay. I got Ducktales The Movie for under $10 more than DMC was selling it for, before I eventually joined. With taxes (Which eat up all the savings on movies), I generally use it for exclusives or monthly exclusive when it's a 3 movie deal. But only when they're equal to or less than buying separately on Amazon. Almost never buy the 2 movie deals or the lone monthly movie. Just too expensive in and of itself, plus taxes. Shame too. I'd actually buy more form them if Internet sale taxes was discontinued.

You can make it average out to about $10-11 per Blu-Ray if you use the right code when signing up. I only have to buy 3 full priced titles to fulfill my obligation, and they often will accept a $24.95 featured title as a commitment. Normally, a Blu-Ray has to be at least $29.95 to qualify. Yeah, their shipping prices are kinda high, but overall it can still be a great deal if you are trying to amass a Disney home library.

It is basically Colombia house or bmg if people are old enough to remember those.
BMG was great. I remember my aunt and uncle getting mad at my dad for "spending too much" one Christmas exchange. My bro and I drew their daughters names and they gave us a list of a few CDs they wanted. It was Buy 1 Get 2 Free, so they each got 3 CDs and it was under the $15 or $20 cap.

Between those Buy 1 Get 2 Free sales and the clearance sales with movie soundtracks for $3-ish and other albums for $5-ish, it was an awesome time.

BMG was great. I remember my aunt and uncle getting mad at my dad for "spending too much" one Christmas exchange. My bro and I drew their daughters names and they gave us a list of a few CDs they wanted. It was Buy 1 Get 2 Free, so they each got 3 CDs and it was under the $15 or $20 cap.

Between those Buy 1 Get 2 Free sales and the clearance sales with movie soundtracks for $3-ish and other albums for $5-ish, it was an awesome time.
I had so many CDs from BMG! Still have most of them!

I have 3 DMR codes to give away because I already have them. 1st CAG member to respond gets them.

The "magic" codes are for 101 Dalmations, Pete's Dragon (2016), Mickey Donald and Goofy: Three Musketeers

New emails offering free points, plus a chance to win bigger prizes! Seems there will be one a day for the next several days. "Uncover the Magic" or some such thing.

Somehow I never got back to this thread after asking about Mighty Ducks. Thanks to everyone that answered, I did check out that forum, lots of info. And yeah, I'm familiar with these type of clubs now after reading on that forum, my parents once made me give up allowance money for weeks after I signed up and got a bunch of "free book" once haha.

I really don't want to go through the hassle of doing all this stuff to get them though and eBay prices stink. If anyone here is a member of the club and wants to make like an easy $20 (plus compensated for the movies of course) message me and we can set something up.

Woah, this is potentially interesting news.

Redeeming the code on Disney Rewards will net you the digital copy usually. Easy to test. Redeem on digital copy plus. Put code in Amazon for general cod redemption then put code in on DMR. Should end up with $20 Amazon video credit and the digital copy based on your notes.

Which you could in turn use to buy other Disney movies which you'll get points for. haha.
Has anyone tested this?

I haven't received (or maybe just seen) a Mystery Points email in a long time.  When did the last one come through?

They come during the first week. if you haven't gotten any, go to the site, unsubscribe from the e-ails, then resubscribe to them.

I've got a reward code for Ratatouille. I'll PM the code to the first person who says they want it in morning when I get up. Cheers!

bread's done
Back