OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by a yardsale today, it was looking bad till I saw some Game Gear games. They were in thier boxes and complete with all the paperwork and ads. There was also a Sega Genesis game there as well. Originally $1 each I offered $3 for the lot and the lady took it.

(GG)The Lion King (Complete)
(GG)Talespin (Complete)
(GG)World Series Baseball (Complete)
(Gen)College Football 95

Total : $3

Now at this point I did not have a Gamegear and I was hoping to get one soon. I stopped at a thift store on the way home and found nothing. Then went to another and found a Playstation carry case, a complete Kings Quest 5 and a GAMEGEAR!!!

It was pure luck! I was so happy! I asked if it worked and they told me it was tested, it even had batteries in it. Well I got tired of looking around but since my sisters were still looking my mom gave me a ride home. Since she wanted to buy everything at once I put the stuff in the carry case ,since I really, really wanted that Game Gear and I hoped it wouldnt break in that short time, and gave it to my sisters. Now I told my mom the stuff was in there so what happened was not intentinal. When my mom got home she asked wether I wanted the stuff in the case and I got a bit scared thinking she left it and said yes. She says that they charged for the case only and didnt check and she didnot realize things were inside until later.

Anyway I ended up getting :
Working GameGear with batteries
Kings Quest 5
PS Carrying case

Total : 2.52(The store price everything 4.54 or 7.37, strange) And I saved 6.26 on the Gamegear and 3.53 on Kings Quest!

I got so freaking lucky! Woo go me!

[quote name='dtarasev']
Then went to another and found a Playstation carry case, a complete Kings Quest 5 and a GAMEGEAR!!!
[/QUOTE]
Wow dt, that was too cool about the GameGear! Also, how's the condition of that complete King's Quest 5?

Well, we have a decent-sized list for today. As of this moment, it's not raining, so we hope it will hold off until the afternoon. There were several "rain or shine" sales advertised, plus more. Hoping we don't come up empty-handed two weeks in a row!

Well, we're off now. Good luck today, everyone!

The GG is in pretty damn good condition, screen is a bit scratched but you cant notice while playing it, everything else in check along with the battery cases. It might be missing a stand in the back, did it come with one becuase there a little spaces for it. But it works perfectly so I have no complaints.

Kings Quest has the everything, the box, manual, strange computer magazine ads and all the discs.

Yeah I got pretty lucky. Ill try to hit some sales today but there arent many going on.

P.S. That Gamegear sure is bright! You can use it to light a room.

Big strikeout for me today. I visited about 20 sales today and didn't see any games until the last sale I went to. Here there was some guy who looked somewhere between 18 and 20 who was selling his gaming stuff at this sale. Everything was pretty rediculously priced from a Garage Sale standpoint. He wanted basically In Store prices for his stuff. 25 Dollars for a PS1, 50 Dollars for an GBA SP. 12-20 Bucks for old PS2 games. 20 For a Gameboy Color and 10 for the original Gameboy. I tried to haggle and the guy looked at me like I was trying to rip him off...

Hope everyone had way better luck than I did!

Did'nt have much time today to hit up many sales but I did manage to pick up

Gameboy minty carts only
Pokemon - red, yellow, blue, gold, silver & crystal for a total of $2. They were marked .50 each and with the CIF method offered $2 and the lady scoffed it up. Also picked up a 19" Sanyo TV for $10

I stopped by afew Yardsales today as it was a nice day & saw afew things in the classifieds that I though might end up being something good.

1st one I went to mentioned a pinball machine. I figured it would be too expensive for me but though they might have some other game related stuff. Got to the sale didn't see the Pinball Machine so I asked the lady about it. Said that they didn't put it out, it needs restored & mentioned something about $500 as if that's how much they were gonna be asking. Then went on to tell me that she saw it 'online' for about $2700 working and said because of that they decided to 'pull it off the market' :lol:

I stopped at a yardsale I saw on my way to the 1st one & got a Mongoose Hoop-D freestyle bike free. Seemed like it was in good shape & only needed air in the tubes as they were flat & may just need air or replaced if they are popped.

Third sale I stopped by mentioned 'games' in the ad. I asked the lady running the sale about video games and she said she just sold a whole box of games for $5. From what she said I'm thinking it was an old cart system probably an NES, SNES or N64 as she mentioned Nintendo. The curiosity is probably worse then missing what I missed as it was probably just some games I didn't really have an interest in or already have. I just can't help but think that it was an SNES as I've missed afew this summer & have been wanting a backup SNES on the cheap. I would have been happy with a $5 SNES even if it only had afew bad sports games with it :) I should have been faster getting around in the morning as this was about 9:15 when I got to this sale & I actually had about an hour to beat who ever got it as the sale started at 8. I also can't help but think that without stopping at the sale I got the bike at I may have just beat who ever got the games just before me at the last sale :D

I hit probably about 30 sales today and got a couple things.

The first sale was a church garage sale and there was a woman with a box of Playstation games. I looked and saw there were a bunch of RPGs. Nothing I don't have though :(. I did pick up Ehrgeiz and Final Fantasy Anthology for $5 a piece, she wouldn't budge. I was gonna pick up FF7 as well, since it was an original but missing the manual, and I offered her $10 for all three, but the best she would do was the three for $14, lol.

I also picked up Warhawk and Xmen vs. Street Fighter for the Playstation, both complete for $5.

I then went to Goodwill afterwards and found the best deal, I believe.

I got a SNES with just an AC adapter for $5.00. It's the original version with no yellowing. I'm happy about it.

Then I was looking through the miscellaneous electronics and saw 3 NES controllers, 2 of the the Dogbone controllers, for $1 a pop. I have always wanted to have more dogbone controllers and now I do.

1 Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, Non-GH + no manual + all disks mint)
1 Final Fantasy VIII Strategy Guide (BradyGames)
1 Final Fantasy VIII mini-walkthrough (BradyGames)
Paid: $1

4.5 lbs. of Legos
Paid: FREE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 total sales visited, 10 total advertised sales cancelled. The start of the day was dreary but not too bad, but at 10:30AM it really started to pour. Most of the sales were still going on earlier in the day (we made it a point to keep all of the "Rain or Shine" sales on the list), but when the rain picked up everyone seemed to pack it in. We have a bunch of sales that are supposed to be going on tomorrow, plus a flea market, so we'll head out again.

Found the FF stuff by asking the guy running it. He brought out a box with random electronics on it, and the guide on top of it. I quickly snagged it, and noticed the "mini-walkthrough", except I thought it was the manual for the game. Thinking that, I tucked it into the guide. He then brought out a paper bag, and pulled from it about 6 PS1 games. Nothing stellar, but I grabbed FF8. It was "missing the manual", but I thought I already found it with the guide, so I thought nothing of it. Upon driving off I saw that I didn't have the manual, and I wish I had checked inside the paper bag for it. Ah well, no big deal for the price. If I really wanted to I could just buy FF8-GH for the manual, I don't think they change those for GH rereleases.

We found the Legos when it first started to pour out. The sale we were at was packing things up and putting everything away, and when we asked how much they wanted for the bin, they told us we could just take it. Not bad!

Stopped at one sale where the guy said he had an old broken Intellivision, which I offered to buy from him. He said he couldn't go dig it out now, but he was having a sale again next weekend, and to come on by. I wouldn't mind paying a buck or two for a broken intellivision, hopefully he finds some games for it too. We'll be heading back there next week.

But yeah, nothing too eventful for us this week. Not as bad as last week, but still could be called a washout.

I snagged a broken XBOX (yes, they said it was broken) for $10 with av/power cables and 1 controller. It has a bad Thompson drive it in. I can replace it for a little under $30 from ebay, or, trade it in for about $20 credit in broken condition at GameStop (which would still be doubling my money).

I missed another XBOX at another sale. Someone already picked it up. The lady said it worked but I didn't catch what price she was asking for it...darn...lol.

The only other things I saw at some sales were priced like people were trying to support a drug habit. One guy had a Playstation (the old grey one) with a few games (about 5 or so) and was asking $50.00 for it! At another sale a kid had some game stuff. But, after seeing a DIRTY AS H3LL Nintendo 64 (with no games and I'm not even sure about cables/controllers) that had a $25.00 price on it, I didn't even ask about the newer stuff.

I found our boys a whole box of Legos for $5. My wife picked up an awesome artificial 7 ft tall Christmas tree (that probably sold for over $200 or so new), a whole bunch of outdoor house Christmas lights and some seasonal cookie cutters, all for under $60.

I'm just itching to tear into the XBOX and see if I can fix the drive problem, or, if I can't to replace it. :}

guess today no one really found super luck.

i went with mom to about 4 swap meets that she's always gone to but no one's set up yet until next week. only half was open if that. only thing i got was:

n64 system with mario kart 64 for 13 dollars really clean condition. guy asked for 30 i was like F U! lol.

then here's one that will make u guys laugh. i went to some thrift shop near by and they had a genesis system with about 8 games. none of them decent other than altered beast but they were all complete. asking price 80 DOLLARS!!!!! i was like uhhh that price is wrong. so she was all, ok i'll lower it to 45 dollars and i just left laughing hard.

i only picked up a snes for 5 dollars, its the new style. i saw it in a bag and when i asked, i figured 20 or 30, when he said 5 i almost could not get the money out fast enough, no controller, but i dont care, i picked up one for .25 a week ago, it came with 3 games
soccer storm
space ace
robotrek
and a n64 game wcw vs nwo world tour, i didnt notice or i would have asked where the n64 was.

at another sale i picked up cartridge only for 1 each
zombies ate my neighbors
espn sunday night football
warlock
hyperzone
topgear, one of my favorites frm yester year
act raiser

also pick up
dc-tom clancy rouge spear
ps1-nuclear strike
both 1.00

[quote name='camelking6969']i only picked up a snes for 5 dollars, its the new style. i saw it in a bag and when i asked, i figured 20 or 30, when he said 5 i almost could not get the money out fast enough,[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA niceeee.

good find. the broken xbox one was also an awesome find really. sucks i couldn't get good shit of a calibur as u guys did.

did u call around or just randomly looked at the newspaper ad?

We just drove around to the sales in our (new, since we just moved in this month) neighborhood as it was one of their twice a year neighborhood garage sale days.

My G-Sale advice...
- Go to different areas several weekends in a row to learn good areas (sales common and with okay stuff).
- ALWAYS go to sales the weekend after the previous weekend was rained out. The sales planned for the previous weekend often get cancelled and rescheduled for the nice weather weekend. This means the number of sales are more numberous (i.e. easier to find stuff as it can't "all" be picked over).
- Get up early and go. Get to the areas you go about the time (if not right before) the sun comes up. Yes, the early bird does get the worm. Why go to a sale at 9am when someone else got there at 7am and purchased the stuff you would want. Granted, you can get lucky from time to time at sales later in the day, but most often it's the first one there who gets it.
- TAKE CASH. Go the ATM the week before you go to sales to have cash on hand. Break some of the larger bills at a grocery/convienant store. Having some smaller bills on hand makes it easier to purchase smaller items quick and get to the next sale (especially in the early part of the day with the people at the sale may not have change too).
- It doesn't hurt to ask "What's your best price on..." It comes across MUCH more polite than "I'll give you $5 for this."
- Ask if the people at the sale have anything of the type you are looking for. Even if they don't have it out, they may just not have got to it, or didn't think someone would be looking for the stuff.
- Drive defensively. Some people that go to sales are IDIOTS when it comes to the way they drive. We saw a lady driving up a street with only enough room for 1 car that blocked 13 cars. She had to back up. But, instead of just backing up and over to the curb, she backed up INTO the connecting lane and blocked it's traffic. Let's just say some people lose their minds when going to sales.
- When at a sale, if you are interested in something, then pick it up and hold it. Do no put it down unless you are sure you do not want it. Someone else may be just waiting for you to put it down and "think" about it (while they pick it up and buy it).

Just a few things that may help...

Something to add to that list. Unless you are in a really good mood, and not hurting for time NEVER take your grandmother. I've seen mine spend an hour at one sale that had only five boxes of dishes and she didn't buy a thing!

I remember stopping at one sale, didn't have anything interesting, but everything there was free. We asked the lady if she was sure and she insisted it was all free and to take as much as we wanted. We were picking through it and heard a loud yell from inside. A guy runs out the front door screaming " What the fuck did you do! " he ran to the table and started gathering up as much stuff as he could, he even took a book right out of my aunts hand without asking! Turns out he was napping and his wife just wanted to get rid of some of his stuff while she had a chance.

[quote name='STATIC3D']- It doesn't hurt to ask "What's your best price on..." It comes across MUCH more polite than "I'll give you $5 for this."
[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree with you on this. I consider myself somewhat seasoned at bargain hunting and my patented cash in face technique has proven successful for many CAG's who have used it. IMO there is nothing impolite about saying "I'll give you $5 for this." In many a circumstance an item may be unmarked and saying "What's your best price on..." would put a sense finality on the purchase. counteroffering a "best price" would seem a little impolite. From my experience the best practice would be to ask "how much do you want for this?" then making an offer of what you're willing to pay (preferably with the cash extended in hand towards them, AKA: CIF/cash in face . I'd say 9/10 times people will be flexible in what they'll take for an item. I think the real politeness should come when you arrive at the sale. Asking the people "how are you today?" and/or starting some small friendly chit-chat. This will soften up any situation where you will be haggleing on price. It's best to keep the ball in your court whenever possible. Making a monetary offer on an item even if it is lower then what they will accept on occasion will be impolite and rejected but remember you'll probably never see these people again after whatever transaction occurs. I think many would agree with me.

snotknocker,
I know I didn't specify this early, but, if something isn't priced, then I just ask how much the item is (and not ask their "best" price first). Once they quote a price, if you want to see if they would take less, you can ask if that's their best price (or possibly if they would take "$X" for it).

The reason I do it this way is because if you make an initial offer (even with cash in face) that the person feels insulted by, they are less likely to make deals with you on other stuff...or possibly dig something out you have asked for that they don't have out (consoles/games/etc.). While I may never see these people again, I still want to make sure I get the best out of them while I am there.

On a side note, my mother used to deal in antiques and such. I've seen and heard some real interesting tales over the years pertaining to deals and such. For example, another dealer told us about a transaction he witnessed at a show. A customer came up and offered the antique dealer MUCH less than what he had marked on an old plate. The dealer was apparantly ticked (possibly by all the people trying to "offer" prices vs asking him would he be willing to deal), so he picked up the plate threw it on the floor smashing it to pieces and said "Sure, you can have it for that much." hehehe...

Due to hearing and seeing stuff (perhaps not THAT drastic) over the years at various flea markets, comic conventions, garage sales, etc., etc., etc. (yes, I've been to a lot of different things like this over the years), I've learned that being polite up front (as you said the initial politeness is key too), can go a LONG way in helping make a deal. I've seen people turn down an offer by a customer then turn around and sell it to the very next person for the SAME price the other person offered, JUST because of how they were approached.

So, my experiences have taught me that "asking" goes a lot further than "offering" when initially dealing with someone. People feel more comfortable (in control?) if they have an option when asked something rather than being offered a price. Granted, some people don't mind, others get offended. I would just rather not insult that ONE person who might have a room full of stuff I could be the first one to get a crack at...lol.

Then again, I am from the South, so perhaps it's just one of them "Southern charm" sort of things. :}

1 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, gold hologram, cart only)
Paid: 50 cents
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit up 8 more yardsales and 2 flea markets. We found Zelda at a yardsale, but nothing at the flea markets.

The first one (we hadn't been before) had a couple crappy SNES games and a box of a few NES games, but about 8 copies of each (i.e. Gyromite, Mario/Duck Hunt, Football) for a buck each. Nothing that we didn't already have. Also saw a Chun-Li plush (tiny, maybe 3") marked $25, which was insane not only considering the size, but it was dirty, too. I was a little disappointed about that. They had an Elvis impersonator on a Rascal scooter as the greeter, which was er, interesting.

The second (we visited about a month ago) had pretty much the same stuff as the last time we were there, and we noticed that a lot of vendors were missing, while others were packing up due to the wind, so that was kind of a gip ($1/person adm. to boot). It was only briefly cloudy, then the sun came out! Gr...

Overall feeling of unsatisfication this weekend. The weather has been crappy and the yardsale season seems to be winding down around here. Hoping for even just one more weekend out!

I was kinda thinking your're intial verbal exchange was "What's your best price". Regardless, just speaking for myself here I think flea market vendors, convention vendors and garage/yard sale people are totally different birds. I have a different approach to vendors at flea markets etc. then I do to the average joe throwing a yardsale. Now mind you when I say vendor I mean someone who sells on a regular basis. In a vendor situation I may tend to ask "Can you do a any better" or "thats a little out of my price range could you go any lower" But ultimately I would make an offer, if I wanted the item. It's kinda of a fine line depending on the situation but i think if your're kinda within the ballpark of what you're willing to pay and what he's asking, offering is the way to go. I realize with vendors you may want to establish a repoir so you can buy from him again. My previous comments were pertaing to yardsale and garage sales. But overall, and maybe this is a geographical thing I've had much more success with offering after asking there initial price. I guess what it really boils down to is the seller 90% of the time is gonna shoot high while aiming low it's just human nature. I realize that and this may sound a little rough but I will always try to exploit to my benefit the sellers need for cash. you really never know how hard up they are for money. Any body else have any opinions on thiss topic?

[quote name='moiety']

while others were packing up due to the wind[/QUOTE]

"Wind" the second biggest enemy of the bargain hunter next to rain.

I think us northerners are gonna have our last hurrah this upcoming weekend

1 Paper Mario (N64, box + cart, no manual)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling a bit better thanks to this late-in-the-day find. I was browsing craigslist (which I never do) just for the hell of it. There was a sale from 10-7 on the other side of town that listed "ATARI GAME" in the description. We decided to check it out. The "atari game" was one of those cheap plug 'n' play things you find at TRU. However they also had an N64 system (asking $30) and 4 games asking $10 each (Paper Mario was the only boxed one). We offered a dollar for Paper Mario, the girlfriend asked her boyfriend (who was in the other room on the computer) and he responded "Do whatever you want". Eesh.

But yeah, random spur-of-the-moment sale and nice pick-up!

my lucky weekend
powerstone 2 for dc complete 2.50
tnn hardcore 2.50 disk only

also i would suggest the cif method if you are buying a used car, i just bought my daughter a usd honda accord for 1750, he was asking 2100, so i just whipped out the money and said how about 1750 cash, he jump on it like a dog on a steak. so when ever you get a chance use cif method

[quote name='camelking6969']my lucky weekend

also i would suggest the cif method if you are buying a used car, i just bought my daughter a usd honda accord for 1750, he was asking 2100, so i just whipped out the money and said how about 1750 cash, he jump on it like a dog on a steak. so when ever you get a chance use cif method[/QUOTE]
Year? Condition?

also i would suggest the cif method if you are buying a used car, i just bought my daughter a usd honda accord for 1750, he was asking 2100, so i just whipped out the money and said how about 1750 cash, he jump on it like a dog on a steak. so when ever you get a chance use cif method[/QUOTE]

that's not lucky to me i think it's average/meh.

tnn hardcore 2.50 disk only[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup on Power Stone 2!!! I paid around 18 dollars for mine (Disc + Manual) since I special ordered it through Game Crazy. But 2.50 for a complete one is very nice.

Sorry to hear that some areas for sales are coming to a hault. It's still pretty strong down here, so I'm sure myself and other cags with sunny weather areas will try to do you guys proud.

milage is what is important.

yea i got powerstone 2 about 7 months ago for 6 dollars. cant beat 2.50 tho that's for sure. yes i've seen powerstone for 50 on ebay but definitely not even close as of late.

thrift store finds today, 14 games complete for 6 dollars, i will list the games later, but did get forza motor sports for 7.50 at a pawn shop

Neighborhood yard sale starts tomorrow! Supposed to be 76 and sunny here. I'm taking off of work for other reasons, so I should be able to check them all out with no problems. Wish me luck!

here is the list of games i got mostly sports but for .50 a pop, i dont care
toxic crusader
mickey mouse-timless travel
arnold palmer tournment golf
wwf raw
pro qquarter back
ncaa football
pga tour golf 2
fifa 95
world class leaderboard golf
john madden football 93
triple play gold edition 96
pele 2
college football national champs 2, one of all time favorites
this on is sega cd
direct my video marky mark and funky bunch, i know this will get me crap but i liked one of his songs back in the day

oh yeah taking this weekend off to have my own yardsale, mother in law wants to have one so guess who gets voluntered, oh well, there is 3 church sales and a 100 family yardsale on the 5th of november, will safe money till then

Got a Genesis(ver 1) at a thift store with an orginal 6 button controller. Works like a dream, I needed a version one since my original was acting up. At $14 I figured that it was a bit high for a thrift store but a fair price none the less.

Honestly the biggest selling point was the AC adapter since I think this is why mine didnt work in the first place, since I was using one of those where you can change the power, polarity and plugs. It never fit right.

What do you guys think? I'm sure it was out there cheaper but just looking at it made me think that some stupid kid will buy it and break it, I felt like being a hero and saving it.

Not many sales today, but I did get a complete Leisure Suit Larry Collection for $5. Planning on eBaying that bad boy. It looks like they're getting anywhere from $30 to $60 right now.

13 genesis games complete
3 dc games complete
1 ps1 game complete

25.00 at pawn shop
mega man legends-ps1
power stone 1-dc
sno cross champ-dc
nfl blitz 2001-dc

will put genesis games later
fatal fury 2
double dragon 3 the arcade game
bob
cool spot
life and death of superman, something like that, thats all i could remeber from memory

1 20" Lego Store Display Minifig

1 Lego Mania hat
Paid: 50 cents

[quote name='evilmax17 on 8/27/05']Saw a knee-high huge novelty Lego mini-fig at that same sale. They marked it as $4, but from the looks of the pay-for-play arcade cabinet, I doubt they would've been talked down, so we passed.[/QUOTE]
Talk about karma! Went to a church rummage sale this evening in the same town that we saw the mini-fig a couple months ago. That sale also had the After Burner arcade machine. Obviously, they never sold the mini-fig and must have donated it to the church: it's the exact same one! Oh, I know. I held that lil guy in my hands and passed him up for $4. But he came back! I offered a dollar to the woman manning the toy table (cash in face!) and, after a moment's hesitation, she said alright.

I'm so happy! What a great way to start the weekend, and also the end of the season. It was one of my regrets that I had passed up, but I ended up getting it in the end!

Weather is looking good for tomorrow! Good luck guys!

STATIC3D and dragonpancakes: I just added your tips to the OP. Sorry about the delay, it's been a busy week and I've had to keep my mind off of the yardsales (else I'd get too distracted!) Thanks again! Contributions are always appreciated, and it's great that we can help eachother out.

Looks like tomorrow morning is going to be pretty good in terms of weather! Finally, a full YS weekend. Might be the last good one of the year for New England.

Good luck everyone!

i have 3 church sales tommorw, i dont have to help my ma in law so i am happy, already started off good at pawn shop

rest of games i got complete
b.o.b.
blades of vegence
cyborg justice
hit the ice
lotus ii
muhammad ali

looks like i did allright for my self

i have been lucky with the genesis so far, i odnt know about any body else but it is such a good feeling to find a good deal

[quote name='moiety']
1 20" Lego Store Display Minifig

[/QUOTE]that guy looks a little scary, i could scare the crap out of my daughter with it:D :applause: to you moiety

Hit about 20 -25 yard sales in my neighborhood this morning - beautiful weather. I ran into "Oh we sold those old games at our last sale" about 6 times.

I did give two people my number (well, I got the other guy's number once) when I asked if they had any old games. They said "Yes, but we have to get them out of the closet and check with our kids (who are away at college)." Hopefully that will pan out.

Lastly, I got one copy of Midway Arcade Games Vol 1 for N64 for $1.

after i post this i will be banned from this thread, i passed up a deal i am still hitting myself for
secret of mana 3.00 cartridge only
lufia 3.00 cartridge only
dr mario/tetris 3.00 cartridge only

for some reason i didnt jump on this, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh well lose some win some

[quote name='camelking6969']after i post this i will be banned from this thread, i passed up a deal i am still hitting myself for
secret of mana 3.00 cartridge only
lufia 3.00 cartridge only
dr mario/tetris 3.00 cartridge only

for some reason i didnt jump on this, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh well lose some win some[/QUOTE]

And would that reason be ..... errr........uhhh.......... YOU'RE ON DRUGS!

Seriously though. What were you thinking?
I've been looking for a Mana for what seems like an eternity.

heavy heavy drugs, i got confused cuz i already have the other legend game, so i walked to my truck to check,, thats why i said i would be banned from this thread, but i did get 7 genesis games for 3 bucks complete, i know not even close, ps snot i glad you like your game,

1 Gameboy Original
1 3rd-party GB light accessory
1 Gameboy multi-tap
1 Yoshi (GB, cart + case)
1 Quest 64 (N64, cart only)
1 Blast Corps (N64, cart only)
1 Pilot Wings 64 (N64, cart only)
1 Glover (N64, cart only)
Paid: $2

1 NES (no hookups)
4 NES controllers
1 Short Order / Eggsplode (NES, complete)
1 Al Unser Jr. Turbo Racing (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Anticipation (NES, cart + sleeve)
Paid: $2

1 Lego Designer Set 4402
Paid: 75 cents

Hit 61 sales today, bringing our weekend total to 62 sales! This breaks our previous record of 60 sales in one weekend.

One lady said her son might have games that he might want to get rid of, so she took my information. Stuff like this hasn't worked out for us yet, but who knows.

Got the first purchase (GB + N64 stuff) at a big school sale. They were marked 50 cents per item, but the lady hesitantly took CIF $2.

Saw some ridiculously overpriced stuff at one sale. She had an N64 with two controllers and six games marked $75. I asked if she would sell any games seperately and she said no. She also had a SNES with 4 crappy games which she wanted $25 for. Pfff.

Went back to that sale from last week, where the guy had the "broken" Intellivison II. He dug all of the stuff out and tested it, and he said it worked (except for one of the controllers, the disk was a little funky). He had about 10 game boxes and about half as many games (some were missing, but the boxes were there). The only problem was that the stuff had been in the attic, and a lot of the boxes were completely glued to eachother. If I had tried to pry them apart, it would've wrecked them. I started at $2 and went as high as $5, but he wouldn't go lower than $10. I thanked him for digging it out, but I passed.

One lady was selling a 4-switch Atari 2600 with 2 controllers and a set of paddles, plus 3-4 games (cart + manual), marked $15. I asked if she would go lower, so she said $10. (She was also enthusiastically telling me that "It comes with a few games too!" Yeah...only a few.) I told her that the 4-switch was much more common and worth less, and that that the games went for a dime a piece down at the Salvation Army. So she offered me $5. I offered $3, she balked and refused. We went back at the end of the day to see if they still had it (so we could offer $3 again), but she told us she sold it to someone for $11. Nuts.

[quote name='evilmax17 on 6/11/2005']Saw an old woman selling her grandson's SNES (1 controller, RF hookups), and a complete Super Metroid (box in rough shape) for $20. She wouldn't seperate the package, and she would only go as low as $18. Yeah, suck my balls. She also rudely declined my offer of 25 cents for a Fat Albert VHS marked 75 cents. This was the same yardsale that was charging $2 for assorted VHS tapes (half of which were taped off of TV). I hate people sometimes.[/QUOTE]We unknowingly went back to this house today at noon, and all of the videogame stuff was still there. That bitch of an old lady still had the SNES with Super Metroid in a box, with the same sign that said "Working SNES console with game, $20", but the $20 was crossed out with pen and $15 was written next to it. I once again asked if she would sell the game seperately, to which she declined. That's why you still have this stuff after 2 yardsales lady!

So yeah, we went to as many sales as possible today since the season is nearing its end. We saw a decent amount of stuff, a lot of it fairly overpriced. Still, nice to enjoy it all while it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back