OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see anything good at yard sales today, but I stopped by a Salvation Army and found Sonic Adventure mint and complete for Dreamcast for $1.99. I thought that was a pretty good deal, but when I went to the cashier, it turned out to be a better deal. They were having 50% off of everything that day, so I got it for $1.00.

Simpson's Fun House (GEN Complete)
Dig Dug (Atari 5200 Cart Only)
Popeye (Atari 5200 Cart Only)
McDonald's Knuckles Handheld Mini Toy/Game (From Happy Meals)
Paid 3.50

Got shut out on garage sales today. A little drizzle in San Diego and people are afraid for their lives. I went to 5 sales total. Two of which were cancelled. Two others had slim pickings, and the other one I had went to which supposedly started at 7 (and I had arrived at 7) had people showing up at 5:30!!! Anyway, a little fog set in and the street signs were nearly impossible to view, and the little drizzle was enough to people to start packing up, so I went home early.

Later in the day I decided to check out the Salvation Army and DAV Thrift Stores. Salvation Army had nothing, but at the DAV I did manage to find the above lot. Here they also had Bases Loaded and 10 Yard Flight (Both NES) for 3 a piece, but I passed on those.

Maybe I'll head out to sales tomorrow if the sun is poking out more, if not, I'll check out the local Swap Meet since the vendors there are die hard.

[quote name='camelking6969']snot i glad you like your game,[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Thanks again for hooking me up with that.
I must state that Rocket Knight Adventures is top notch. One of the best Genesis games hands down. This game is sooooooooo underated. Pick this one up you will not be disappointd. The graphics are great, the gameplay is amazing, and the music is catchy. It's kind of a mix of SMB, mega man and adventure island all wrapped up into one kickass game.

[quote name='Backlash']Not many sales today, but I did get a complete Leisure Suit Larry Collection for $5. Planning on eBaying that bad boy. It looks like they're getting anywhere from $30 to $60 right now.[/QUOTE]

SH*T
Sorry, I am a bit pissed at myself. I saw one at the thrift store a few days ago but didn't buy it. I think it was $7.50.

Not one damn yardsale to be found today. I stopped at a local flea market and saw a PS1 with one controller & AV jacks but no power supply. It was laying on the ground with a bunch of other junk and it was quite dirty. I was about to ask how much when a polish guy ( I think ) with very poor communication skills puts his foot over the system and mumbles to the dealer ' da cost on dis" The dealer says $25 and I'm like WTF. The guy says $20? The dealer was like "No! I said $25" the guy was like OK and coughed up the cash. I stood there in amazement for like 5 min just shaking my head and thinking WTF. The buyer did'nt examine or even touch the system till the dealer put it in a plastic bag. after the fact I was thinking I should of grabbed that guy and told him I've got some great ps1 sports titles for sale at $20 each or 3 for $50

i know dont belong here but picked up some good games from eb. the nes, genesis and dc games are 50% off, got all these for 15
ghostbusters
golden axe 2
ecco jr
kings bounty
sword of vermilion
quak shot
battle ship
valis 3
shadow dancers
f15 strike eagle 2
dracula
flash back

i also go this game for the nes
its called maxi-15, does any body know about this game

[quote name='camelking6969']
i also go this game for the nes
its called maxi-15, does any body know about this game[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about the game, but according to this site [copy+paste link into browser], it is considered pretty rare:
"Maxi 15 [American Video] Rating: A (A True Conversation Piece)"

Interestingly, the site considers Maxi 15 rarer than Tengen Tetris (rated an A-), but I believe the rarity scale is not based on desirability but more on availability/ease of find.

Is this it? If so, that's a pretty good price for cart only! Also, the seller listed all the games on the cart, if that helps!

Of course, you may want to keep that seemingly rare item in your collection. :)

that baby is staying here. i got it for .50 i believe, pats himself on back . thank you moiety, i have added almost 40 genesis games to my collection this week end, i am up to 150 total, and as a side note i have the tegen tetris also

I found a hori arcade stick for psx in a second hand store. It works well but does not seem to respond efficiently. The triangle button also seems a bit nonresponsive. Any info to take it apart or try to see whats up with it.

Cost me four bucks.

Officially week 1 for me
--------------------------------------------
alright today i went to about 30 places. got some good stuff got some meh stuff.

microsoft sidewinder pad .25 cents

floppy drive .25 cents still wrapped.

pearl jam cd complete .75 cents

oasis cd comp. .75 cents

golden sun 1.00

pokemon gold 1.00

linkin park newest cd 1.00

64 cd wallet 1.00

mickey and mini mouse wooden dolls........looking at google for prices......guy said it's at least 1950's..... got it for 5 bux will update on that.
---------------------------

some guy came a min. earlier than me and snagged zelda:seasons gbc for 1.00 i was pissed :(

1 Mario Bros. (NES, cart + sleeve)
Paid: 25 cents
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small week! Hit 17 sales. Lucky for us the snow held off until we were on our way home. It's really coming down now, though! How depressing... :sad:

Got Mario early in the morning. They also had cart-only Super Mario 2 and 3, but we left them for someone else.

Went to this enormous rummage sale at a scientific research center. It was insane madness - nowhere to park, wall-to-wall people and crap. The line for the register stretched almost the length of the hall. Most crowded rummage sale we'd ever been to.

We're awaiting a phone call about a SNES and 15 games. He was supposed to call us around 1, and now it's almost 4, so our hopes are certainly not up. Besides, we've never had luck with getting calls back from people. In fact, we've never received a return call.

That's about it. Hope you guys had some luck!

Sega Genesis Model 2
5 controllers
1 4 player adapter
and all hook ups
Jungle Strike
$12

(PSX Games)
Harrypotter and the Chamber of Secrets(Next to new condition)
RoadRash(Next to new condition)
Virtual Pool 3(Next to new condition)
WCW/NWO Thunder(No manual decent condition)
$2 each
I bought them for my brother (hes 10) but Im not sure wether I should keep Roadrash or not since I have heard some good stuff about it. What do you guys think?

Also after I bought the games I found a disc of "Battle Arena Toshinden Remix" for the Saturn in one of the games.

snow, that has to suck, it was 65 and sunny today, i had to work but hit flea market at lunch, and glad i did,

cartridge only
double dragon 3.00
arcade classics 2.00
centurion defender of rome 2.00

complete 3.00 a piece
gauntlet iv
toughman contest
the lost vikings
d&d warriors of the sun
shadow of the beast
and finally a sonic 3

so i was quite happy especially for the gauntlet, digitpress gives it a six on rariety

snow, that has to suck, it was 65 and sunny today, i had to work but hit flea market at lunch, and glad i did,

cartridge only
double dragon 3.00
arcade classics 2.00
centurion defender of rome 2.00

complete 3.00 a piece
gauntlet iv
toughman contest
the lost vikings
d&d warriors of the sun
shadow of the beast
and finally a sonic 3

so i was quite happy especially for the double draogon
, digitpress gives it a six on rariety

100_0206.jpg.w300h200.jpg

Some decent finds this weekend

SNES deck
A/V cables
Alladin
Jungle Book
Super Bomberman 2
Road Runner
$5

The deck and games were dusty and I used this to my advantage. I asked how much and the lady replied $20 with a kind of asking me and not telling me way. I shot her a stunned kind of look and asked. "Do you have the plug?" she replies "no" I then said "it's really old and dusty it might not even work" 'will you take $5?"(CIF). She scoffed it up as she replied with a seemingly satisfied "OK" The Deck works fine and although it's a little dirty, as you can see it has no discoloring

Ratchet and Clank PS2 going commando complete
Mafia - PC complete (even has the poster)
Destruction Derby - PS1 longbox complete
Destruction Derby 2 - PS1 complete
Hardcore 4x4 - PS1 - complete
Need for speed - PS1 - disc only
NHL 98 - PS1 - complete
NHL powerplay 96 - PS! - complete
Nascar Racing - PS1 - case and disc only
12 - somewhat cheesy cereal promo and pc games
SMB 3 - NES - cart only
TMNT - NES - cart only
$3

These game were all in a small box sitting on a wooden cabinet that they were selling. I almost passed this one by but The Mafia box caught my eye. As I was looking through the box I asked the guy if he had anymore video games he said "no that's it". At the same time I overheard the wife talking to another lady about how good a deal this guy that bought a treadmill off her got. Then she was like I just want to get rid of all this stuff. she then turned to me and said you can have that whole box for $5. I was thinking to myself holy shit what a bargain but my cheapass just could not resist a counteroffer of $3 which she willingly accepted. It was a little weird cause the R&C really seemed out of place with the rest of the games. It made me wonder if there was more that got scoffed up before I got there. Regardless this was a sweet score. All the discs were in good shape except the NFS which was lightly scratched .

Entex Stargate tasbletop/handheld - mint condition game only
$1

Marked a $1 paid a $1 - no story here.

Custom hand made 21oz. cuestick with case
$2

I asked the lady how much and again in a asking kind of reply she said $8. I put it down and she say's "what $8 to much" "What are you willing to pay for it?" I say $2 not thinking she wouls go for it but she say's OK I'll take $2

Simon in box 1984

I asked how much the lady says .50 I say does it work and she says I just put new batteries in try it. So I did and it worked. When I get home it's got 2 D duracells in it and I'm thinking to myself, why would someone put $3-$4 worth of batteries in a game only to sell it for .50. people are strange

I think this may be my last hurrah of the season. And i think i'm going out with a pretty decent bang

I stopped by 1 yardsale Friday morning since the ad in the paper said play station, nintendo. I was thinking that it would probably be N64 stuff but wouldn't it be funny if it was an NES. I get to the sale & see an old model Playstation in a carrying case with 2 controllers & 4 cheap games for only $65 :) It actaully was an old NES & not an N64 with an NES Advantage, 2 of those plastic snap on deals that go over the controllers for anyone who may remember them, 2 controllers, 13 games & manuals for the system & most of the games. They were only asking $100 as a starting price on this NES package :D I went up and asked the lady that owned the stuff how much as if I didn't see & she said $100 and I said $100 back to her in a WTF tone of voice. I picked up one game & offered her $1 to which she said $3. I shot back with $1.50 and she chuckled back like I was stupid said $2 and I declined. I started to leave & figured I'd go back & grab Super Mario Bros. 2 since it had a dust cover & manual. I picked it up along with Metal Gear which also had a manual & said I'd take SMB2 for $2 or take both for $3 to which she agreed.

I think this sets a record for a high starting price at a YS on a classic system as the worst I've seen mentioned in this thread has been something like an N64 for about 50-70 with about 5+ games. I though it was almost worth going to this YS just for the fun of seeing a price as nutty as this.

FOnewearl:
just last week some old lady tried to sell me her genesis system for 80 bux! people are nuts.

snotknocker:
very nice finds. you got skills that kills with talkin man, very good pointers on the snes system too. why is this your last one for the year??

[quote name='111111']snotknocker:
very nice finds. you got skills that kills with talkin man, very good pointers on the snes system too. why is this your last one for the year??[/QUOTE]

I'm in marketing so the talking skills are continually getting better. I'm in NJ so yardsales are seasonal and it's getting cold and windy so I may have one more weekend left if I'm lucky. Actually this year the season has gone on longer then normal. Possibly cause the last 2 weekends were washouts

Few sales today on LI

3 Bucks: A Petes wicked summer ale tap handle
Infusion basketball
3 cds Allmans, wutang and widespread panic.

5 Bucks: Almost mint, in box, complete Odyssey 2... This one was tricky. It was under a bunch of board games (pictionary, etc). I asked how much for the board games, and he stated a dollar a piece, and proceded to say that the odyssey was worth alot of money and he was contemplating putting it on ebay. I asked how much, he said 20. Forget that, I thought to myself, and rummaged through some other boxes. 5 minutes later I returned to the site where system was, and I offered 5, waving the green in the air. He accepted, but kept his face down when he took the money.

---Never seen this system before. My first system was the TI/99/4a.

[quote name='snotknocker']I'm in marketing so the talking skills are continually getting better. I'm in NJ so yardsales are seasonal and it's getting cold and windy so I may have one more weekend left if I'm lucky. Actually this year the season has gone on longer then normal. Possibly cause the last 2 weekends were washouts[/QUOTE]

oh i see. i'm in arizona so the season's just started here lol.

[quote name='111111']FOnewearl:
just last week some old lady tried to sell me her genesis system for 80 bux! people are nuts.[/QUOTE]

The lady selling the NES, this must have been her mom selling the Genesis :D

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Has ANYONE ever found anything at an Estate Sale?[/QUOTE]

All the Extate Sales are around me are just really overpriced sales elling off all of the stuff that the person had in their house before...

I have been mostly hitting up all the yardsales in town over the last month & have only bothered going out of town if I saw something video game related montioned in the paper or something that sounds promising in some other way like 50 family yardsale for example. I figured that it wouldn't be worth all the running around with less sales & a lesser chance of finding good stuff with less sales going on.

I was wondering what you other yardsalers in the Northeast have been doing late in the season as are you just going around looking for random sales or maybe even mapping out a plan with alot or all of the yardsales listed in the paper even if they don't mention anything special.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I have been mostly hitting up all the yardsales in town over the last month & have only bothered going out of town if I saw something video game related montioned in the paper or something that sounds promising in some other way like 50 family yardsale for example. I figured that it wouldn't be worth all the running around with less sales & a lesser chance of finding good stuff with less sales going on.

I was wondering what you other yardsalers in the Northeast have been doing late in the season as are you just going around looking for random sales or maybe even mapping out a plan with alot or all of the yardsales listed in the paper even if they don't mention anything special.[/QUOTE]

I usually set out on one of three set courses that span into neighboring towns. I usually look for yard sale signs and seldom use the paper. On average I travel approx 20 miles total and spend 2-4 hours sailing averaging between 20-40 sales each saturday.

i'm exactly like snot. i do look at the papers to see if there are key words but usually i still get screwed so i just go where signs point heh. which is more than plenty.

Well after hearing all the success stories on here I decided to try this yard sale thing out (I used to go w/ my mom way back in the day, I would try to find G.I. Joes/ Transformers). So On Friday night I went to my local papers website and went through the classifieds, then to map quest to get directions, and made my list and what order to hit them in. Since I woke up at 10 and had to be at work at 12, it turned out I did not have much time, but went out anyways. And here is what I got:

$3 N64 Hey you Pikachu w/ all parts, instructions, and a slightly worn box (only because it was never opened, but a little of the color faded off.

$ .50 The Official Turbo Grafx16 Game Encyclopedia (only a slite crease in cover)

$ .50 13" stuffed Shrek Doll (for the Daughter), and got there while they were closing so I felt like I should get something for there time.

so for such a short period, and short notica, oh yeah and my first time, I think I did ok, can't wait till next weekend!!! Thanks for everyone's input into this forum, Joe.

[quote name='freestyledust77']Well after hearing all the success stories on here I decided to try this yard sale thing out (I used to go w/ my mom way back in the day, I would try to find G.I. Joes/ Transformers). So On Friday night I went to my local papers website and went through the classifieds, then to map quest to get directions, and made my list and what order to hit them in. Since I woke up at 10 and had to be at work at 12, it turned out I did not have much time, but went out anyways. And here is what I got:

$3 N64 Hey you Pikachu w/ all parts, instructions, and a slightly worn box (only because it was never opened, but a little of the color faded off.

$ .50 The Official Turbo Grafx16 Game Encyclopedia (only a slite crease in cover)

$ .50 13" stuffed Shrek Doll (for the Daughter), and got there while they were closing so I felt like I should get something for there time.

so for such a short period, and short notica, oh yeah and my first time, I think I did ok, can't wait till next weekend!!! Thanks for everyone's input into this forum, Joe.[/QUOTE]
Welcome aboard!

yea this weekend will officially be my 2nd week. i use to go to swapmeets with mom way back in the day too, now she just goes with dad.

cant wait for this saturday with my girl.:bouncy:

[quote name='snotknocker']I usually set out on one of three set courses that span into neighboring towns. I usually look for yard sale signs and seldom use the paper. On average I travel approx 20 miles total and spend 2-4 hours sailing averaging between 20-40 sales each saturday.[/QUOTE]

That's sort of like what I usually did back when more sales were going on during the summer. I'd look in the paper & decide on what sales to hit first if I saw anything video game related mentioned in the classifieds. After I'd hit those sales I'd farm the surrounding area for random sales. Sometimes people set up their signs so that they are very easy to understand while driving by with the best being just big solid arrows pointing you at every turn but alot of times I can't read what's on the signs with my bad eyesight & end up either not finding the sale or wasting time going around the block to read the sign again etc, etc :D

Well I get to go in at 12 again this sat as well, so hopefully I do not stay up too late playin games on fri, so I can go out on sat and check some out. I am off tomorrow so the new thrifty nickel will be out. This way I can plan it out ahead of time. Some how it seems in west texas everyone goes out on fri/sat, but when I was a kid I remember going sat/sun. may be its tx, and i grew up in va, Joe.

[quote name='cyrix`']Damnit the season is basically dead.[/QUOTE]
For us anyway, but our friends in the south should keep this thread going through the new year.

Our weekend in MA is looking to be clear and in the 70s, so it'll probably be our one last big hurrah. We got rained out the past few weeks, so I bet everyone has been saving their stuff for that one last beautiful day.

Quick Question, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the ultimate community sale? I think it's located in the Mid west-East. I also believe its a 7 (or 70 ) mile road full of them.

[quote name='evilmax17']Our weekend in MA is looking to be clear and in the 70s, so it'll probably be our one last big hurrah. We got rained out the past few weeks, so I bet everyone has been saving their stuff for that one last beautiful day.[/QUOTE]

To everyone whose weather is not cooperating with their Garage Sale habits, I wish you the best of luck on your last expeditions. The weather in San Diego has decent lately, but still easily good enough for people to host sales, sadly it seems like the quality of these sales are getting worse and worse every week.

This last weekend, or even the last 3 weekeds, I've checked out quite a few sales and came up practically empty handed. So I'm hoping that this weekend I'll find some good stuff.

So... without rambling on much longer, I hope everyone finds boxed and complete Neo Geo AES's and Nintendo 64DD's for dirt cheap this weekend!

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Quick Question, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the ultimate community sale? I think it's located in the Mid west-East. I also believe its a 7 (or 70 ) mile road full of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it's in Tennessee. Don't know much about it though.

ahh, big yard sale this week end, sponsered by the news paper here, did it in the spring and hit pay dirt, so hoping for good luck again.

The world's longest yardale is along US 127 in Kentucky and Tennessee. I've never been, but it looks pretty interesting. Here's a link.
http://www.127sale.com/
Also, I'm a big fan of the Yard Sale thread, and have followed it for most of the summer.

[quote name='thack']The world's longest yardale is along US 127 in Kentucky and Tennessee. I've never been, but it looks pretty interesting. Here's a link.
http://www.127sale.com/
Also, I'm a big fan of the Yard Sale thread, and have followed it for most of the summer.[/QUOTE]

[size=+8]ROAD TRIP![/size]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo 64 system w/controller Pak and Zelda OOT & Madden 99
Ayn Rand's Anthem
Paid: $3.50

My first video game find worth a damn!

[quote name='snotknocker'][size=+8]ROAD TRIP![/size][/QUOTE]

snot im suprised you didnt know about this or at least act like you didnt know. Ive already got plans to do it next year with a couple family members. I can just see us all walk in a line down the highway wearing CAG shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back