OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='T-Shirt Ninja']I've got to get more variety in my bills, I usually carry 20s and lots of loonies.[/QUOTE]
What we do is stop at a Tim's drive-thru and grab a donut to break a $20 and, while in the drive-thru line, break another $20 grabbing a coffee inside. That should give you a good number of small bills and ward off the bank machine curse.

[quote name='T-Shirt Ninja']I usually try to gain some rapport before I make my offer so they feel like its going to someone who's friendly.[/QUOTE]
Good advice!

I hit a few sales today and checked out some additions before their sales tomorrow. My only finds were at the first sale I hit today. I got:

3rd part N64 Tremor pack, with memory card $0.5
Hitman 2 xbox complete $1
Morrowind complete xbox $1
Serious Same disc only xbox $1
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath disc only xbox $1

Part of me wanted to haggle the price down a bit, but I thought those were pretty good prices. Now if I could just get an xbox. Tomorrow, there is this mega association sale. It's such a big addition that they have maps and a list of sales. I'm trying to decide if I want to go. It is usually a madhouse. I could hit that one association or go to two or three others. If I go to that one, it will take me all morning to go through. It's that large.

Picked up last weekend at a flea market:
N.E.S.
Genesis
for $20

I know it aint cheap, but they were in great condition, included the manuals and advertisements.

I'll be headed out to a some sales in about 20 mins. will update this post.

UPDATE: hit about 20 sales out of like 90, picked up the following:

(PS1)Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi $1
(PS1)Bushido Blade $1
Both PS1 games are mint and non GH
(DVD)Rob Van Dam One Of A Kind $1 2 (score!)
Clu Clu Land E-Reader Cards x2 at $0.50 each
Total: $4.00

I'll probably head back tommorow since I still have a lot of stuff to do today. If anyone in the area wants to know the location; It's the Cherry Hill Subdivision off of Cass st. (U.S. Rt. 30) and Gougar Rd. New Lenox, IL.

Today, I did hit that large association sale and found nothing. I had a lot better luck at some older additions.

$10
Suikoden
FFVII non-GH (need cleaning)

$0.25
Twister soundtrack

$5
Gamegear in case
tv tuner
shinobi
columns
nba jam
super monaco gp x2
Super columns
streets of rage 2
nhl all-star hockey
revenge of drancon
pacman

$0.50
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack

$0.50
Sonic 2 (gamegear)

$6
Sega CD (2nd version) in box
Sonic CD

I'll get pics in a little bit.

EDIT: Here's a pic.

[quote name='erehwon']Today, I did hit that large association sale and found nothing. I had a lot better luck at some older additions.

$10
Suikoden
FFVII non-GH (need cleaning)

$0.25
Twister soundtrack

$5
Gamegear in case
tv tuner
shinobi
columns
nba jam
super monaco gp x2
Super columns
streets of rage 2
nhl all-star hockey
revenge of drancon
pacman

$0.50
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack

$0.50
Sonic 2 (gamegear)

$6
Sega CD (2nd version) in box
Sonic CD

I'll get pics in a little bit.[/quote]

Nice job. If you're willing to part with Suikoden, let me know.

erehwon - Great job, especially on Suikoden, FFVII, and the Sega CD! We haven't even SEEN a Sega CD during our yardsale adventures yet.

And what is up? There's been a rash of non-GH FFVII scores lately... (Not that that's a bad thing! :) )

Looks like tomorrow may be my first huge day of the season quantity-wise.

The newspaper has an ad for "Huge Community Sale" it's in an area 5 minutes away from my house and advertises that over 200 homes are participating starting at 7:30AM.

Another area supposedly has 20 Homes going in their sale starting at 9:00AM.

Lastly a house a street or two down from mine has a sale starting at 7:00AM tomorrow. His ad states that he has videogames, so this is a no-brainer for my first stop.

Question for the other veterans out there. I know as a fact I hit that 200+ Home Community sale last season (I'll check last years YS Thread for an exact date). What is your opinion on returning to these kinds of sales? Do people tend to restock and sell new things or is it the same things I probably skipped over already? I'm guessing it will be a mixed bag (old stuff, new stuff, and new participants) but I jsut wanted to get an opinion before I commit to that sale.

edit: I went through last year's thread real quick and I am pretty sure this same sale took place on September 17th, 2005. Although then it only advetised 50+ Homes.

[quote name='moiety']erehwon - Great job, especially on Suikoden, FFVII, and the Sega CD! We haven't even SEEN a Sega CD during our yardsale adventures yet.

And what is up? There's been a rash of non-GH FFVII scores lately... (Not that that's a bad thing! :) )[/QUOTE]

This is probably the third time I've seen a Sega CD over the last two years. The first was caked in dry wall dust, second was the x'eye I picked up, and this was the third was the one today. This season I've seen a ton of Nintendo stuff, but Sega stuff has all but dissapeared. I'd like to find a dreamcast and more saturn stuff.

The bad thing about the FFVII is that has some dark and sticky gunk on it. I'm going to try and clean it up. I thinking about ebaying that one or my GH FFVII. FFVII is going for around $30 to $40 on ebay. I can use that money towards an xbox.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Lastly a house a street or two down from mine has a sale starting at 7:00AM tomorrow. His ad states that he has videogames, so this is a no-brainer for my first stop.
[/quote]
Funnily, in our experience, the people that advertise videogames tend to be the ones overcharging (and/or have current gen stuff). But definitely a good idea to make it your first stop. On the rare occasion someone advertises for VGs, we hit it first just in case. Hopefully you'll have good luck!

[quote name='FFMooglestar']
Question for the other veterans out there. I know as a fact I hit that 200+ Home Community sale last season (I'll check last years YS Thread for an exact date). What is your opinion on returning to these kinds of sales? Do people tend to restock and sell new things or is it the same things I probably skipped over already? I'm guessing it will be a mixed bag (old stuff, new stuff, and new participants) but I jsut wanted to get an opinion before I commit to that sale.

edit: I went through last year's thread real quick and I am pretty sure this same sale took place on September 17th, 2005. Although then it only advetised 50+ Homes.[/quote]
It wouldn't hurt to hit it again, especially where there are more families involved. You never know if someone dug out that old dusty box of NES games over the winter and will be putting it out at their sale. And if there aren't many other sales going on in your area that seem more worthy, then go for it! I think just the fact alone that there are 4x as many families participating this year increases your chances of some good scores. :)

Added in a pic of my finds to my post above.

I think I'm going to stop saling for awhile. I need to save some more money, and I need to clean all of my finds and find space for them.

just hit one today--

--Mario Teaches Typing 2 - PC- -- 1.99

hitting up some church sales tomorrow :)

[quote name='Shoagie']
One other game i forget as i had to stash it in the basement for a day or two
[/QUOTE]

Am I the only wondering WHY he had to stash his game?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']

edit: I went through last year's thread real quick and I am pretty sure this same sale took place on September 17th, 2005. Although then it only advetised 50+ Homes.[/QUOTE]

I would hit it. Don't forget to ask these people if they have any video game related stuff. For some strange reason certain people think their old games and such are not wanted by anyone

I hit up a yard sale about 10 miles east of my house this morning because it advertised playstation & games. The sale was advertised to start at 8:30. I got there at 8:00, and the old man running it would start a second early. Fortunately, I was able to get a nice copy of Silent Hill for the PS1 for $9. I tried CIF for $5, but he wouldn't budge. Fortunately, I got him to throw in a nice St. Louis Cardinals Retro 1918 Cooperstown Collection hat on the purchase. I also scored Pokemon Crystal and Warioland 3 for $4 at another sale on the way home. Along with my pawn shop finds:
Friday the 13th Ultimate Collection (DVD) $15
Black (PS2) $10
Zelda: Collector's Edition (GC) $6
Donkey Kong Country 1&3 (SNES) $8
It was a pretty good week. Hopefully, the big city wide yard sale in a town 20 miles west will yield some nice results tomorrow.

Went to about 3 rummages, found a:

Mitsubishi 27 inch TV, I've needed one for a while and this one is pretty decent and modern. She said she got a HDTV and she didnt need it. $25 total :D

[quote name='snotknocker']Am I the only wondering WHY he had to stash his game?[/QUOTE]

A couple of reasons

A bunch of little cousins running around. same reason i hide my 360 after one of them got a hold of a controller and tried throwing it.

Family coming in and out and the mother wants everything clean so the house looks good. Yes im still at home while im in college.

I hit up our first community garage sale of the year (we have one in the spring and one in the fall) and didn't find a great deal like I did last year (original NES top loader, 2 cleaning kits, 10 decent games, storage case, etc. for a grand total of $15). All I bought was one Pearl Jam cd for $3.00.

Saw a set of 2 N64 stearing wheels for $1.00 each but passed because it would just be more junk to store that I would never use...and the shipping would be so high they probably wouldn't be worth putting on Ebay. Saw several PS1/PS2/Xbox games but they were all sports. There may have been better games earlier in the morning...I did get out kind of late...around noon.

I need to start checking the newspaper on Thursday for local community sales and try to hit a couple each week.

hit about 13 sales today --

--2 Red octane ddr pads - $4
--Godfather "complete epic" VHS box set -- $3

Today's finds....

Zelda: OoT
Goldeneye 007
Kirby: The Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
N64 controller
Paid = $10

The Cranberries: To the Faithful Departed
Paid = $0.25

Today was not so exciting, but I went out with a friend, so it was fun. The N64 games came from a younger couple who were having a moving sale. I asked about games, and they dragged out a Rubbermaid bin with an N64 and games. They wanted $2 per game and $3 for the controller, so I just gave them $10 for my selections. They also had some crap (Army men, sports titles) that I just left behind.

They also had the Cranberries Cd. I already have eight (!) copies of this album in different formats (yeah Im kind of a big fan... thus my username), so I just picked this one up to find a good home for it.

I went to a community yard sale that they have at the community-owned drive-in theater (yes, they still exist), but didn't find anything, although I picked up 2 Cake CDs for a friend.

My friend picked up 2 dart boards, two small radios, some vintage headphones, and a vintage bike for for about $15 total.

I hit about 25 sales this morning and didn't find anything video game related. Only thing I ended up getting was a complete Puzz 3d for a dime.

I then hit up all the local pawn shops and couldn't find anything either. I did end up getting Stack Up for the NES at Gamecrazy for $1.99, though.

Finally made a decent video game related sale this year.

Paper Mario (N64) complete in box (cart's even in the little plastic baggy) w/ strategy guide. Marked $7, but I got it thrown in with a bunch of other stuff for $12 total.

I seem to find a lot more GC stuff than Xbox or PS2 and of course the GC is the one system I don't own. :cry: Still haven't found a gamecube system being sold at a sale. I was hoping there might be some of those starting to trickle out, but I guess it won't really start until after the Wii drops.

Really wanted to find a USB keyboard, but all of the 10 or so I came across where PS/2. Bah. I did get a USB mouse, a pretty nice universal remote, some CAT5 cable, and a Sony boombox for $4. And a battery operated 'white noise' thingy for $1.

I'm always amazed at the people who bother to set up a yard sale to sell practically nothing. Why waste your entire Saturday morning trying to sell $22 worth of junk?

boyboy - Plain gray box (with 'action' or it might be 'adventure' series in the corner) and label Metroid? That's a nice find.

[quote name='wubb']boyboy - Plain gray box (with 'action' or it might be 'adventure' series in the corner) and label Metroid? That's a nice find.[/quote]

it says adventure series on the bottem of the box. also came with a black sleeve. the label is gray and so is the box. here is a picture of it

51_1_b.JPG

Similar to cranguy I went saling with a friend today and it did make it alot more fun. The sale near my house which advertised games was indeed a bust. They actually had 5 Games in total. 2 Gamecube, 2 N64, and 1 SNES. His prices: $10.00 a piece for Gamecube (Sonic Battle and Madden 2003), $4.00 each for the others (Random N64 Baseball, Donkey Kong 64, and SNES Football). Very lame.

After that we went to that "200+ House Community Sale." It was good and bad... It was advertised as starting at 7:30AM but the people running some of the sales said all of the good stuff was gone by 6:00AM If I knew they were going to be selling stuff at 6:00, I would have been there by 6:00 so that was pretty lame. So out of approximately the 47 sales I hit in that area, I bought stuff from 2 of the houses.

Early in this area I got:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PS2 Non-GH Complete) $2.00
The Cat in the Hat (PS2 Non-GH Complete) $2.00

These were marked $3.00 each but took $4.00 for both.

Later I picked up:
The OC Season 1 DVD Boxset (Mint Condition and Complete) $5.00
Leather Volcom Belt - $1.00

When I spotted the OC DVD, it seemed more or less out of place for that sale so I asked for a price. The guy quoted me $10.00 and I counter-offered with $5.00. He said no, but as I was putting it back down, he said "Fine, take it for $5.00," so I did just that. Nothing interesting to say about the belt, just glad I saw it, these things are usually pretty expensive.

After feeling like the sales in this community were pretty much picked over of anything worth while, we went to the other side of town. Not much better over there, one place had a crap load of current gen games, but they were pretty much on par with EB/Gamestop prices.

It was still pretty early in the day so we headed over to the swap meet. Among the usual over-priced videogame crud was a box with an NES in it among one person's area who otherwise just had clothes. I asked how much she was looking for and said $20.00. I looked deeper into the box to see what exactly it had and offered $15.00. She hesitated a bit but took it. I feel like I over-paid for this one, but am still happy about it.

The box included:
NES Complete with hookups
2 Controllers
1 Zapper
5 Dust-Covers
and the following games all cart-only:
1 Ninja Gaiden
1 Contra
1 Othello
1 R.C. PRO-AM
1 Volleyball
1 Wrestlemania
1 Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
1 Iron Sword
1 Hogan's Alley
1 Bases Loaded II
1 Ultimate Basketball
1 Dragon Warrior
2 Ring King
1 Knight Rider... I don't care how lame it is, I will play this one.
1 Friday the 13th
1 Ice Hockey
1 Paper Boy

If you do the math, it's really only like $0.68 an item which isn't too bad. Plus my NES Game collection is really lacking so this helps a bit.

Overall not a bad day. Really I am most excited about my belt pick-up... haha. Hope everyone else who went out today got some nice finds. Still haven't found a cheap-ass digital camera, so my posts will remain pictureless for another week.

1 TI-99 computer (With box, documentation, and all hookups)
1 TI-99 Speech Synthesizer
1 3rd party joystick
1 Alien Addition (TI-99, cart only)
1 Subtraction (TI-99, cart only)
1 Terminal Emulator II (TI-99, cart only)
1 Chisolm Trail (TI-99, cart only)
1 Multiplication 1 (TI-99, cart only)
1 Hangman (TI-99, cart only)
Paid: $5

2 bins of Legos
1 Lego #4882 (Box only, misc. manuals inside)
Paid: $4

1 Silver Game Boy Pocket (missing battery cover)
1 Pokemon Blue (GB, cart only)
1 Donkey Kong Land (GB, cart + case)
1 Lego #4706
Paid: $3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's really nice to see so many people going out and hitting so many sales! We only hit 15 today.

Moiety had her graduate school graduation today, but we still went saling from 8-10 this morning. A little later when we were all dressed up (and she was in her gown), we passed a yard sale that we hadn't gone to that morning, and we almost stopped for it. Unfortunately time was of the essence, and we couldn't be late to the ceremony. Still, I like the thought of Moiety perusing a yardsale wearing her regalia. :)

No real stories today. We bought the TI-99 mainly for the box, it was marked $20 but they took $5 CIF. The Bill Cosby endorsements totally justify the purchase.

There was an Xbox at the sale where we bought the Legos, and the woman running it was asking $75 for it. I asked if she could go lower, and she said "make me an offer". I tried for $5, but wasn't surprised when she turned me down. I don't blame her, but I had to try.

We're gonna head out tomorrow to try and even out the weekend. Hope everyone had a fun time saling, and I hope you'll continue on throughout the season!

Today I picked up:

2 playstation 1 systems for $5 , one was in the box W/memory card no controllers or cables for both, and the other system the disk spins & then stops.

Got Amplitude for ps2 complete for $2.50(the kid also wanted 10.00 for his RE4 guide)

And the one thing I was really hoping to find That I got....
it was a SNES system W/hookups & 2 controllers for $5(guy wanted $10)

thank goodness for the magic eraser, because these thing were dingy!

What systems have you guys been dying to find? I've picked up just about everything common. The only systems left that I can think of are:

32X
Dreamcast
Turbographx-16 (think that's how it's spelled)
Neo Geo :drool: (I wish)

I think's that's about it since I'm trying not to pick up anything older than SMS or NES. To be honest, I bet that the odds of me finding those last two systems at a garage sale are probably as good as winning the lottery. Especailly since I live in a mid west city where games are not that popular. I wonder what my reaction to finding the neo would be?

:shock: :joystick: :shock: :joystick: :cool:

I'd love to find a Nomad. I'm sure if I'm persistent, it will turn up somewhere. I've got no problems finding common systems.

Yeah it would be absolutely amazing to find a Neo-Geo AES console. Someday I will play Baseball Stars 2.

In other news I am closer to finding the right camera so pictured posts will be coming soon!

Went to 5 "community" sales today. Only one was an actual community, the rest were at the most three houses. The actual community sale had about 50 places. The morning went well but the afternoon was a bust. I found a Marvel Vs Streetfighter for the PSone for $4 ( wouldn't take less) Broken case and a few scratches but overall good condition. I also found a N64 with two controllers and five games for $40. They were selling the games individually as well. Four of the games were sports, the one game that wasn't.... Mario Party 3! Out of the five games this was also the only one without the kids name on it. They wanted 5 but I CIF'd for $3. I also ended up with a passenger's sunburn. The whole upper right half of my body is glowing red!

[quote name='cranguy']I'd love to find a Nomad. I'm sure if I'm persistent, it will turn up somewhere. I've got no problems finding common systems.[/QUOTE]

I recently aquired my first Nomad and let me tell ya - aint nothing better then taking my morning dump while playing Decap Attack

You'll find one eventually. I thought I would never find one but I did. I also thought after 3 years of yardsailing I would never find a Saturn and then found 2 in one day along with the Nomad

[quote name='FFMooglestar'] I feel like I over-paid for this one, but am still happy about it.[/QUOTE]

If you put the Contra and Paperboy on E-bay you should yield an easy $20. The rest is all cookies!

I wouldn't mind picking up a nomad, but I doubt I'll find one. I've hardly seen any sega stuff besides the game gear and sega cd/ genesis combo I picked up yesterday. Strangely enough, I've been seeing a ton of Nintendo stuff. I've passed on 4 snes consoles and atleast that many n64s. Last yard sale season, I couldn't find any nintendo stuff.

[quote name='erehwon']I wouldn't mind picking up a nomad, but I doubt I'll find one. I've hardly seen any sega stuff besides the game gear and sega cd/ genesis combo I picked up yesterday. Strangely enough, I've been seeing a ton of Nintendo stuff. I've passed on 4 snes consoles and atleast that many n64s. Last yard sale season, I couldn't find any nintendo stuff.[/QUOTE]

You need to take the optimistic outlook. You're only beaten if you think you are.
Seriously your post proves my point you did'nt see any NES last season and boom this year it's every where. Who knows you could come across Nomad or two before the seasons over.

We must fight the good fight and never give up hope. After missing out on a score of a few hundred complete boxed games last year by minutes. I know sooner or later I'll be at the right place at the right time and get the ultimate score I've been looking for.

That being said I must confess I have a dozen beers in me and a 1/2 dozen shots so this post could be totally different if I was sober

all you guys make me sick that i can't get to yard sales. i mean even if i could it just wouldn't be worth the drive for me cuase my drive is 30 miles to town.
sorry i don't mean to rant i just wish i could get one good haul once in awhile.
:)

[quote name='mojo_12345']all you guys make me sick that i can't get to yard sales. i mean even if i could it just wouldn't be worth the drive for me cuase my drive is 30 miles to town.
sorry i don't mean to rant i just wish i could get one good haul once in awhile.
:)[/QUOTE]

200px-DeliveranceVideo.jpg

Went to some garage sales last night...lots of complete vintage board games for 25-50 cents. A Viewtiful Joe ceramic bobble head for 50 cents (probably go on my trade list...although it will be expensive to ship), a complete PAL European copy of The Next Tetris for PSX (first time I've bumped into an import at a garage sale) for $2, Weezer blue album cd (complete) for $2, a $200 retail 6 foot tall Pumpkinhead life-size Halloween prop for $15, 2 $30 retail Spencer Gifts cardboard Halloween coffins for $2.50 each, a stack of quality dvds for $5.00 each (all special editions, limited editions, Criterions, etc.), a stack of vintage Charlie Brown and other comic strip paperbacks for 10 cents each.

Then we went to a neighborhood garage sale in one of the richer neighborhoods in town and my wife found some bargains on decorations and girl junk...and I found a brand new $100+ Indiana University jersey that still had the tags on it for $7.

Burned $15 worth of gas and spent around $100 in cash, so I don't know if I want to do this every weekend...heh.

[quote name='wubb']I'm always amazed at the people who bother to set up a yard sale to sell practically nothing. Why waste your entire Saturday morning trying to sell $22 worth of junk?[/quote]

If your prices are good and traffic is high...you might start off with $500 worth of junk at 8 am and be down to $22 worth of junk by 9 am. I know that's what usually happens at our garage sales. That's also why a lot of people close up their sales before noon...they've already sold so much there's no reason to stay open.

100_0406.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Yesterdays haul

2 sega genesis systems - one complete w/2 controllers, one base unit only
sega cheats book
games cart only
williams arcade
tommy lsorda BB
hardball
alex kidd in the enchanted castle
evander holyfield boxing
taz escape from mars
lakers vs celtics
sonic
paperboy

This stuff was unmarked and quite dirty. As I was examining it the guy says $10 for everything in a kind of questioning way. I reply that it's quite dirty and one of the systems has no plugs, then I simultaneously CIF
$4 and say I'll give you $4 to which he replys "I'll get you a bag"

one NES complete w/2 controllers
Games
RBI baseball with book
SMB/duckHunt w/ book
Dirty Harry
robocop
SMB
Startropics
Ice climber

Nice system a little dusty but no major scratchs or fading. It was marked $25. I ask the lady can you do any better? She replys with $15 is the best I can do. I shoot her a look of bewildered suprise and she says What? $15 is to much. I reply with "these things don't go for that much nowadays, but if you want I'll give you $5" CIF. to which she replys "OK I just want to get rid of it" Surprisingly when i tested this the carts fired right up and had a snug fit. I think this unit may have had a new 72 pin con. installed.

Shinobi PS2 complete
marked $5 with a bunch of other crappy titles. I CIF the lady with $2 which she accepts.

McFarland - Violator figure - .25

GB
Dexters lab
The titus fox
little girl was selling these along with lemonade at .25 a cup. They were marked $1. When i walked up the little girl (maybe 6 or 7) cute as a button says to me "good afternoon sir could I interest you in a cold refreshing cup of lemonade, I made it myself and it's really really good. I tell her give me the games and a cup of lemonade. Then I give her $5 and tell her to keep the change for a tip for being so polite. I'm such a softy.

Gameboy advance Plug and play Adaaptor Pack sealed
I CIF a $1 which the lady took no problem

Sega SmahPack 2 PC - sealed
Marked $1 which I gladly paid

looks like a good haul Snotknocker, what's in it? :)

didn't get out today...I was a little sick when I went yesterday and got a full blown fever shortly after I got home. woke up with a horrible sore throat today :whistle2:(

but I'll be hitting up a huge church rummage sale and neighboorhood sale next weekend :)

1 Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Evil Tower VHS
Paid: 25 cents

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit 8 more sales and 2 flea markets.

I was much happier about the VHS purchase when I thought it was an original tape from the 80s, but upon further inspection this tape was made in 2003. I never knew they did a re-release of this series before the DVD set came out. But eh, still nice to have, and i won't miss the quarter too much.

Some flea market guy was selling Guardian Heroes and Shining Force III, both for Saturn, at $40 and $50 respectively. He wouldn't go lower on either, stating "these both get that price on ebay." I asked him "so why don't you sell them on ebay then?", to which he replied "I'm too busy."

Too busy not-selling anything at a flea market all day? Hah.

[quote name='snotknocker']little girl was selling these along with lemonade at .25 a cup. They were marked $1. When i walked up the little girl (maybe 6 or 7) cute as a button says to me "good afternoon sir could I interest you in a cold refreshing cup of lemonade, I made it myself and it's really really good. I tell her give me the games and a cup of lemonade. Then I give her $5 and tell her to keep the change for a tip for being so polite. I'm such a softy.
[/quote]

I thought you were going to say you CIFed $.15 for the lemonade :lol:

[quote name='evilmax17']
1 Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Evil Tower VHS
Paid: 25 cents

Hit 8 more sales and 2 flea markets.

I was much happier about the VHS purchase when I thought it was an original tape from the 80s, but upon further inspection this tape was made in 2003. I never knew they did a re-release of this series before the DVD set came out. But eh, still nice to have, and i won't miss the quarter too much.

Some flea market guy was selling Guardian Heroes and Shining Force III, both for Saturn, at $40 and $50 respectively. He wouldn't go lower on either, stating "these both get that price on ebay." I asked him "so why don't you sell them on ebay then?", to which he replied "I'm too busy."

Too busy not-selling anything at a flea market all day? Hah.[/QUOTE]

Apparently he's not too good at Ebay either, since Guardian Heroes can hit $80 - $90, same with Shining Force 3.

Hell, I would have taken those finds even at $40 - $50, espically if they were complete and mint ;)

Not a yard sale find, but I was on my evening walk. I noticed a box of stuff on the curb. Inside, I found a few pc games. Sim Mania, Jane's Fighters Anthology, and Test Drive 5. I also grabbed a few books that I might try to ebay.

bread's done
Back