Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='donut']2 N64 Launch VHS (StarFox 64 & Banjo-Kazooie) both mint[/QUOTE]

So weird. Somebody just pointed out like a month ago that all our finds come in pairs, and I just found a Starfox 64 VHS last week.

Anyway, today was extremely bare aside from a church sale that was mentioning comic books on CL. I figured I'd go ahead and hit it since church sales around here are huge.

At other sales, I picked up a record player/tape deck with speakers for $1. The lady threw in like 25 7" records(I'm no expert on this stuff), and offered me a Super Nintendo mint in box with 6 games mint in boxes (Stargate, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, etc.), and I acted slightly interested. She went in and got it and asked $150 firm. I obviously refused.

Anyway, church sale, comics.

I was walking around the gym they had everything set up in and picked up a board game and stared at a nice stereo system (marked $5) forever.

Finally saw the comic books in three boxes behind a counter they had set up. The lady said I could come look at them, and I flipped through them forever. There were probably 2-300 comics there, all DC, mostly Batman. The sign on the wall said comic books $.25 ea, but some books(like trades and rarer ones) were marked separately, at $5, $8, etc. I asked how much and she said $.25 and pointed at the sign.

So I cherry-picked EVERY Batman comic they had.

2hnrgno.jpg

fyib9y.jpg

ab0zrp.jpg

Yeah. 55 Comic books, 15 trades, and one book, for $17.75. List in the spoiler.

Trinity 1
Trinity 2
Contagion Trade
The Killing Joke Trade
Year One Trade
Kingdom Come Trade
The Long Halloween Trade
Broken City Trade
War Games Act One
War Games Act Two
War Games Act Three
Thrillkiller '62 Trade
Thrillkiller Trade
Hush One
Hush Two
The Ultimate Evil (Book)
Batman 608
Gotham Knights 1
Gotham Knights 2
Gotham Knights 3
Gotham Knights 4
Gotham Knights 5
Gotham Knights 6
Gotham Knights 7
Gotham Knights 8
Gotham Knights 9
Gotham Knights 10
Gotham Knights 11
Gotham Knights 12
Gotham Knights 13
Gotham Knights 14
Gotham Knights 15
Gotham Knights 16
Gotham Knights 17
Gotham Knights 18
Gotham Knights 19
Gotham Knights 20
Gotham Knights 21
Gotham Knights 22
Gotham Knights 23
Gotham Knights 24
Death and Madness 1
Death and Madness 2
Gotham City: Secret Files & Origins 1
Batman (Signed) 500
The 10 Cent Adventure
Batman 576
Batman 577
Batman 578
Batman 579
Batman 599
Batman 743
Batman 744
Batman 745
Batman 746
Batman 575
Riddler Trade
Dark Victory 0
Dark Victory 1
Dark Victory 2
Dark Victory 3
Dark Victory 4
Dark Victory 5
Dark Victory 6
Dark Victory 7
Dark Victory 8
Dark Victory 9
Dark Victory 10
Dark Victory 11
Dark Victory 12
Dark Victory 13

$2 X-Com collection and SkyNet (a Bethesda game)
$0.50 Breath of Fire guide (top corner ripped)
$2 old CRT monitor

I didn't find much today. I got those game related items from the first neighborhood I went to. I also passed on a KH2 LE guide and a mega man collection game for the game cube. They wanted $10 for the guide and $6 for the game. I went to another sale and passed on some DVD seasons. I wanted the copy of gargoyles season 1 he had, but the tv seasons were marked $10 each. I guess I'm rather cheap. I really should have tried to talk him lower, but I doubted he would have gone to $5.

I tried some neighborhoods on the NW side of town, but only found that monitor. I got that because I'm fixing up a computer I found at a garage sale for a lady's mom. I would have gotten a keyboard as well, but all the ones I saw they today were all marked $10 each, even they were all used ones in not that good of shape.

Only thing I found today was an original Game Boy with 2 games (Cosmo Tank, Tetris) and a rechargeable battery pack for $8 total. Was for a good cause anyway.

God I love this hobby. Let's start with the miscellanea.

5l5o5d.jpg

Diablo, Hellfire Expansion (never seen this before!) and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (w/ manual) - $1 for all
Mall Tycoon (PC) and Family Game Pack (PS1) - $1 for both
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccanneer (PS2) - $1
Can't resist a pirate game. Hellfire was nice, I don't know if it's rare or anything but it's cool to have.

33e1r1y.jpg

NES Advantage (in box) - $3
Game.com CIB (includes blister pack, AC adapter, stylus, and manuals; also includes the game Henry and its manual...Henry was apparently the pack-in game.) - $3
Another crappy and semi-obscure system added to my collection! Well, the touch screen and built-in "apps" is cool for its time I guess.

Now onto the main event.

2diqazs.jpg

Ton of Atari 2600 games and joysticks (no system but I have one already)
Amidar
Asteroids
Baseball
Berzerk
Bugs
Carnival
Chopper Command
Combat
Defender
Demon Attack
Demons to Diamonds
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Fire Fighter
Fishing Derby
G.I. Cobra Strike
Ice Hockey
Kaboom!
Pac-Man
Stampede
Star Voyager
Starmaster
Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups
Super Challenge Baseball (x2)
Superman

2x paddle controller
3x basic joystick
x1 "Pointmaster" joystick

o9k0i8.jpg

N64 stuff:
Automobili Lamborghini
Diddy Kong Racing
Gex 64: Enter The Gecko
Goldeneye 007
Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mission: Impossible
Nagano Winter Olympics '98
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Triple Play 2000
WWF Attitude
Black N64 Console w/ all hookups and Jumper Pack
One grey and one blue controller

At first I only saw the N64 games and, seeing some good ones, asked how much. Guy said 50 cents each, not too bad. Then I saw the box of Atari games and decided to get gutsy, asked how much for everything. He was quite reasonable and said $10 which I was happy to pay. The N64 games are clean as a whistle and the Atari games...well, at least there's a lot of them.

Went and grabbed the rest of the comics today and got some pretty nice gaming finds as well. Pictures after lunch.

Edit: NICE on the game.com Neuro! I'd say nice to the N64 and Atari lot but it's strikingly similar to a box of goodies I grabbed today. However, you did get better games. Congrats.

I'd say I found my first big score

Genesis console w/hookups
controller
Fifa Soccer 95
NHL 95
Madden NFL '94
PGA Tour III
David Crane's Amazing Tennis
Batman Returns
Streets of Rage 2
NBA Jam T.E.

all the games are complete except Batman Returns wanted $15 paid $10 works and is in great shape.

A pic

20090926125043259.jpg

Also got Darkwatch (disc only) for $1 (said he had the case, too hot in the parking lot paid the dollar and some gambling champ casettes or something, was free in the genesis box lot.

Nice N64 score!

Another short crappy outing for me this morning (1 hr. 10-15 sales).

I did buy a whole box of Xbox games (nothing exciting) for $13. I don't even know why I bought it . . .

I'll post a pic later.

Really crappy day for me today. I did get

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2) - $3.00
Tekken 3 (PS1) - $1.00
THPS2 (PS1) - $1.00

I had to work today but on my way home I found a sale that my competition hadnt hit yet. they had a boxed 64, with 12 games, 4 controllers and a game shark, they were asking $75 and all I had was $30, I whiped out the old CIF and they handed me the box. most were sports games, but I got a boxed Goldeneye, and a boxed Ocarina of time, plus several loose playable games.

I think I have found my main competition in my new town, one is a chunky kid with dyed platnum hair that thinks he is the shit, and this guy. as far as I knwo they are both living off the government and can make it to sales before I do since I work :(.

[quote name='Sinnbox']WatchDog: This offender cannot be found[/QUOTE]

Better start a search party. We got a manhunt on our hands.

These are Xbox games I bought today. They were marked $1 each or $20 for the box. I offered $10 . . . she countered $15 and we settled on $13. There are 28 games total . . . 8 sports titles are still in the box.

092909xboxgames.jpg

This would have been a great score 4 years ago . . . LOL. I have kids and many of the games would be fun plus the trade-in values would have been pretty good. For the life of me, I can't explain why I bought these.

Friday I drove 3 hrs. roundtrip to an overcrowded crappy booksale. On the way back, I took a spin through Whitewater, WI -- I've never been. I thought I might see some sales near the University. I found only one but bought this.

092809saturn.jpg

I offered $15 . . . he countered $18 but then accepted $16.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Any game (even kiddie Xbox ones) for under $0.50 each is good in my book.[/QUOTE]

So true . . . and this is why I bought them. And yes, the Barbie title will likely pay off.

I think the whole group of games speaks volumes about the problems in the art and industry of gaming.

This appears to be the family's whole collection . . . she said they had sold off the system separately in the past. Assuming that nothing was held back . . . but maybe they hung onto Halo or something. If this is pretty much their collection, its clear they are "casual" gamers and the Xbox really wasn't a good fit . . . they should've had a Gamecube (maybe they do and are keeping it???).

Still 28 games and not one truly good one in the group (OK, Lego SW is pretty good). But where is Oddworld, Psychonauts or Voodoo Vince? Innovation was not rewarded by the general public. No, Dad (and maybe son) played Madden, Baseball, and Tiger Woods. And the kids were fed a steady diet of movie tie-ins. Mom (and or Dad) recalled their childhood with Atari and Intellivision.

Just think if they had had a GC. The sports tities were available and the kids (the whole family?) could have played Mario Party, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros., Metroid, and Pikmin. Not only would I have some games to sell off :) but they would have had a better gaming experience.

In addition, half of the games were purchased at Gamestop . . . that just makes me feel sad.

Ha, is the Barbie game actually rare or do people just want it because of the controversy about it being one of the relatively few BC Xbox games at first?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Ha, is the Barbie game actually rare or do people just want it because of the controversy about it being one of the relatively few BC Xbox games at first?[/QUOTE]

It is actually rare. At one point you could get $40 for it fairly easily.

You can still get $20 for it no problem.

Camera is on the fritz but summary of finds:

3 Donkey Kong Plush
Pac Man Vintage Metal Tray
9 Different Sonic Plush
5 Mortal Kombat Action Figures
1 Banjo Figure
$7

IPOD Nano 2GB
Pride & Prejudice Bluray Sealed x2
Jetsons Season 2 Part 1 Sealed x2
CSI Miami Season 7 Sealed
Zack & Miri 2 Disc Sealed
Gamecube System w Cables
1 reg Controller
1 Wavebird
Mario Party 6
Super Smash Bros Melee
5 other random games (no sports)
$35

Gamecube System w Cable
2 Controllers
Pac Man vs / Pac Man World 2
Sea Monsters DS
$10

Gameboy Color (screen is perfect)
6 Random Kids Games
Yoshis Island GBA
American Idol GBA
MK & Ashley Sweet 16 GBA
1 Other GBA Game
$16

[quote name='schultzed']So true . . . and this is why I bought them. And yes, the Barbie title will likely pay off.

I think the whole group of games speaks volumes about the problems in the art and industry of gaming.

This appears to be the family's whole collection . . . she said they had sold off the system separately in the past. Assuming that nothing was held back . . . but maybe they hung onto Halo or something. If this is pretty much their collection, its clear they are "casual" gamers and the Xbox really wasn't a good fit . . . they should've had a Gamecube (maybe they do and are keeping it???).

Still 28 games and not one truly good one in the group (OK, Lego SW is pretty good). But where is Oddworld, Psychonauts or Voodoo Vince? Innovation was not rewarded by the general public. No, Dad (and maybe son) played Madden, Baseball, and Tiger Woods. And the kids were fed a steady diet of movie tie-ins. Mom (and or Dad) recalled their childhood with Atari and Intellivision.

Just think if they had had a GC. The sports tities were available and the kids (the whole family?) could have played Mario Party, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros., Metroid, and Pikmin. Not only would I have some games to sell off :) but they would have had a better gaming experience.

In addition, half of the games were purchased at Gamestop . . . that just makes me feel sad.[/QUOTE]

This is 90% or more of the houses here... it is sad. These people just purchase whatever is on the 19.99 rack without thinking. I went to a house that advertised video games and what was there was a huge stack of PS2 sports games from 2005 or earlier... Its extremely rare to find even one house here who has any inkling of what a RPG even is..

[quote name='SaraAB']This is 90% or more of the houses here... it is sad. These people just purchase whatever is on the 19.99 rack without thinking. I went to a house that advertised video games and what was there was a huge stack of PS2 sports games from 2005 or earlier... Its extremely rare to find even one house here who has any inkling of what a RPG even is..[/QUOTE]

I think most towns are like that, the people that have the RPG's dont like to sell them, or are smart enough to know that they can get more out of them on Ebay. I know that the game store here in town can't keep RPG's in stock, but no one ever sells them at garage sales.

[quote name='phoenix529']At other sales, I picked up a record player/tape deck with speakers for $1. The lady threw in like 25 7" records(I'm no expert on this stuff), and offered me a Super Nintendo mint in box with 6 games mint in boxes (Stargate, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, etc.), and I acted slightly interested. She went in and got it and asked $150 firm. I obviously refused[/QUOTE]

fuck. Did you try to haggle at all or did you just assume it was a lost cause from the get go. I would've tried to get X-Men by itself.

[quote name='SaraAB']This is 90% or more of the houses here... it is sad. These people just purchase whatever is on the 19.99 rack without thinking. I went to a house that advertised video games and what was there was a huge stack of PS2 sports games from 2005 or earlier... Its extremely rare to find even one house here who has any inkling of what a RPG even is..[/QUOTE]

Not just RPGs (there are a lot of Final Fantasy games out there) but anything that is really interesting. Oftentimes the lowest common denominator is rewarded . . . hence the success of EA games.

I got all philosophical about these games while I was out walking our dog. In retrospect I wish I would have asked her a few questions. What system did they get in the latest gen and why.

I'm guessing they got a Wii and mostly because its so popular. But maybe they got a PS3 so they can play Blurays . . .

[quote name='schultzed']Not just RPGs (there are a lot of Final Fantasy games out there) but anything that is really interesting. Oftentimes the lowest common denominator is rewarded . . . hence the success of EA games.

I got all philosophical about these games while I was out walking our dog. In retrospect I wish I would have asked her a few questions. What system did they get in the latest gen and why.

I'm guessing they got a Wii and mostly because its so popular. But maybe they got a PS3 so they can play Blurays . . .[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just can't wait till the Wii dumping starts around here, if its anything like the PS2 dumping it will be massive. I don't even see Final Fantasy games around here, I don't see Pokemon games for the GBA either (watch I will see some next week right after writing this post, lol). The thing is that the RPG's don't really sell around here from the stores, so if people aren't buying the product in the first place then its not going to be found at yard sales. The only people that buy RPG's are the people who work at Gamestop. Even though the stores only get 1-2 copies of each RPG they still remain on the shelves usually unless an employee buys them. I have shopped in my area enough to know this, even when a RPG game becomes somewhat rare and valuable on ebay I am usually able to find it at one of the local Gamestops.

I'd have to agree with Sara there as I'm sure we probably shop in a similar area as we are both in WNY. The gamestop is usually go to in Hamburg has the same RPG's there pretty much every time I go. I had a copy of Last Remnant I wanted but I didn't have the cash and I went back probably 2 months later and it was still there. Sports games are a biggee for what I can see.

We have a huge gaming community here, lots of people playing and buying RPGs, but those people don't seem to have yard sales very often. Most of the people here having yard sales speak no english, and have a beat up PS2 with at least 3 disc only madden games and a copy of trigger man that they are charging $80 for.

[quote name='dodgeme']I'd have to agree with Sara there as I'm sure we probably shop in a similar area as we are both in WNY. The gamestop is usually go to in Hamburg has the same RPG's there pretty much every time I go. I had a copy of Last Remnant I wanted but I didn't have the cash and I went back probably 2 months later and it was still there. Sports games are a biggee for what I can see.[/QUOTE]

Well I know that people are buying the Pokemon games, because I ask the local gamestop how many preorders they get for the game, and usually its a lot or at least enough to cause a line-up on the morning of the release of the game. I usually go in to get mine later in the day to avoid the line up. Its been more in recent years than it has been during the GBA stages though, I don't think handheld gaming around here really got popular until the DS Lite came out. As far as the other RPG's they don't sell. Its just sports games and Halo or the other big name games, lesser known full price games don't sell but you can be sure that the 19.99 racks will be picked clean regardless of what crap is on them by the beginning of Dec. for Christmas gifts.

Now I know why developers make so much shovelware, you can sell more games at a 19.99 price point than you can if you make a quality game and charge 49.99 for it, obviously its more profitable to make the lower-budget game and sell more copies regardless of how well it plays. At least around here. America has essentially decided that lower quality games at a cheaper price point is best, so that is what the developers will keep feeding us.

Just another WNYer chipping in here. I totally agree with SaraAB, it's like the movie industry (some of it not all of it). If you pay for crap, they will keep making crap.

On the plus side it makes it easier for us critical players to find all the good games easily, and sometimes cheaply if you can get them at the rare yard sales that has them or if they get clearanced in-store. If you find a yard sale with RPG's here they will not know the value of them which makes the few finds you get a year pretty epic. I don't think I would want to live in an area where the RPG's get snapped up as soon as they come out because I would have to spend a lot more on games than I do now if that was the case.

I know, I ended up getting Breath of Fire III fairly cheap thanks to nobody knowing what it was. I was also in the middle of nowhere and shocked to see a game like that their when the rest were games like madden and test drive.

Just got back from a few. I picked up a silver Gameboy Pocket for $5 with Tetris in it. Probably wasn't the best deal, considering it was chewed up by a dog and had some of that black crap under the screen. However, I paid... brought it home, found out it still technically worked... and then switched the battery cover over to a battery caseless Red Pocket I bought earlier this summer for $1.

So behold...

GHETTO GAMEBOY... YARDSALE '09 EDITION

vy16v8.jpg

That was it out of the three yardsales I stopped at. I mulled over a copy of Scorpion King (still sealed) for $2, but it was Full Screen.

Today I got:

img3101w.jpg

Gamecube Platinum edition with all hookups, box
Gamecube Platinum controller (mint)
Gamecube black controller (mint)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)
Nintendo DS case

TOTAL: $20.00

Also got a Pokemon VHS at the thrift store for $2.00. Not sure if it's worth anything. Do you know anything about it?

img3102d.jpg

Damn, I had to teach today (a late-start class added to my schedule) . . . Fridays are gone for me :whistle2:(

Plus sales are pretty much done here in Wis. Plus it was raining pretty hard this morning.

All around bad news.

I just got back today from one that was a Sat. only.

No games, but I did snag a nice small two tier stand for $5 (I'm always looking for shelving/stands on the cheap) and a pair of new Acer USB computer speakers for $1.

Dude threw in the speakers for free which was cool, because they were for my mom's Acer Laptop. They're a cool looking thin set that sound really good for their size. They seem to be ones that came with most of the desktop computers.

Garage sales ended quick for me. Now I have to go to all the consignment shops and pawn shops and junk stores and find all but junk.

Today is a fantabulous day.

for $15

Age of Empires II The Age of Kings PC
Age of Empires II Gold Edition PC
Age of Mythology PC
Cool Boarders 3 PS1
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy PC
Diablo II Lord of Destruction X2 PC
Warcraft III PC
NHL 2001 PSX
Madden NFL 2002 PSX
The Sims PC
Final Fantasy Tactics PSX GH
KOTOR 2 PC
Diablo II

For 50 cents Riven complete, and for 25 cents a Logitech Wingman joystick.

I did find a bunch of OLD windows games, I am talking Windows 3.1 here, I have no use for these so I didn't buy them. They were classics like Oregon Trail and others.

That was the only interesting thing for me today, no other games. Its winding down here.

It's winding down here as well. It's been cold, wet, and windy today and yesterday, so I didn't go out to any sales in the morning. I just didn't feel like it.

Tried my luck at some sales today...
Sale 1: Nothing
Sale 2: Nothing
Flea Market: Nothing
Goodwill: NOTHING!
Wal*Mart: BBQ Chicken from the deli.
Completely a bust accept for the chicken, which was quite good, BTW.:lol::lol::lol:

I work on Saturdays and was only able to go to one yard sale....I got:

Super Mario All-Stars & NBA Jam TE (SNES carts only) - $5

Those Mario Kart 64 figures I grabbed a couple months ago are on eBay now. Go ahead, see how much I'm making(search "mario kart 64 figure". They're alone.) With the Metal Gear figures(which are also listed, search "metal gear solid figure 2 pack"), I paid $14 total.

Nice flip?

[quote name='phoenix529']

Nice flip?[/QUOTE]

I mentioned something at the time, but this one kills me. I had 3 or 4 of these new in package that I got 8 years ago on clearance at TRU. Now I wonder . . . did they have multiple copies of the ones I that I bought?

Also, after I got them they sat unopened (in a drawer) for awhile. My kids liked them but not $200 (or more) worth.

Of course, this isn't my most painful example of lost ebay income. Keep in mind that this happened before I knew anything about ebay and the SNES was newly dead.

In about 1997 (maybe early 98) I was at Best Buy and saw Earthbound (SNES big-box edition with guide) on clearance for $5. I bought one and took it over to Funcoland where I traded it in for $40 in credit. Then I cruised over to Best Buy and bought 2 more. I didn't get back to Funco for a week and when I brought them in the credit was more like $7 . . . I was in a non-hoarding mode so I took the credit.

Let's see, 3 sealed copies of Earthbound . . .

I was out visiting family this weekend. However it just so happens that my Aunt also loves to "garage sail" . I only found this out this morning, when we had only about 30 minutes to go. So we went to one street sale. Only 4 houses decided to actually have a sale since it was rainy. So this is what I got:

Grand Theft Auto III (PS2) complete
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (PS2) disk only
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) case and manual only
Champions Return to Arms (PS2) case and manual only

TOTAL: $1.00

I got to the sale and got pretty excited when I saw the Champions game, but when I looked inside there was no disk. Same with Final Fantasy XII. I brought them up and said there weren't any disks in those 2 cases, and she said she was gonna throw them out so I offered to take them. Then I asked how much the Grand Theft Auto game was and she said a dollar. When I got home I realized Vice City Stories disk was in there too! Sweet. Also got a Brookstone travel alarm clock for $0.50...

NES Action Set Complete In Box
Adventures of Link, The (Complete Except For Styrofoam Block)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Complete Except For Styrofoam Block)
Some Paper Work & Cart Cleaning Thing That Must Have Came Back With A Repaired NES

Free

A few weeks ago at a yardsale I took a number as one of the ladies running the sale mentioned a family member that had an SNES they may want to get rid of. I remembered Thursday night and called her and she gave me the number of said family member. Called them and she happened to work in the town I live in and offered to stop by on her break and mentioned nothing about price. I meet her at the library a block away from my house and surprisingly she gave me this and was gone in about a matter of a minute or less. I thanked her and tried to at least give her $5 just for the trouble of meeting me and giving it to me but she didn't want it.

Nintendo DS Grey Brick System With Broken Hinge - $5

Saw this marked $5 (was $10 and marked cheaper), tried it nothing but ended up buying it and not even trying to haggle since it seemed reasonable for a yardsale and I was thinking that it probably just needed a charge and worked fine after doing so. From what I was told somebody actually broke the hinge on the system that was shopping at the sale.

Non Find BS

Last week I only made it out Friday and only went to about 10-12 sales and didn't buy anything.

This week I meet up for the NES at about 10 and didn't go out till almost 11 but only had 10 sales on my list with the season really slowing down. I actually only got to 6 sales with a few that weren't running probably because of a rain scare.

I don't ever bother to mention it anymore since it goes nowhere 99% of the time but I have gotten/given out a phone number/e-mail a few times each month this year while yardsaling but it has never really panned out into anything until this time (Friday) which is the exception to the rule and surprisingly it ended up being something good and most surprising it was free even!

One sale I stopped at mentioned somebody in the family throwing out a 2600 and mentioned seeing the one episode of Pawn Stars and telling said family member about how the pawn shop bought one for $100. I never really got the "threw out" line at yardsales asking about games till this year but have heard it now about 4 times this year.

2 sales Friday had something Playstation or video game related advertised, one said video games (same house I got Baseball Stars & Base Wars at last year) all newer last gen stuff this year (or left this year) including a few old 360 sports games marked $10, a perfect example of people probably not understand how much and how fast most current gen games go down in value as it seems as if every 360 sports game I've seen at yardsales this year has been $10. Other sale mentioned PS games & PS2 nothing crazy but they did have a PS2 $30 firm and a rockband drumkit with game for the same, this was actually the same sale I got the DS at.

Brave Fencer Musashi (Disc Only And Scatched Up) - .50
Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 (N64) - $1

First sale I went to and it was about 10 minutes out of the town I live in advertised "video systems & games". It was about an hour after the sale started and I saw a small pile of mostly PS2 games with some PS1. They already sold an N64 with some games but the kid came out with Army Men when I asked about video games which obviously wasen't sold with the system mistakenly. Both were IAP.

SNES Mini With Hookups, 1st Party Controller, 3rd Party Controller & Yoshi's Island

Performance RFU Adapter In Box, Nintendo RF Adapter, 3x 1st Party NES Controllers

NES Games

Bases Loaded II
Battletoads
Gauntlet II
Guerrilla War
Jurassic Park
Metal Gear
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 3
StarTropics
Tetris
Tiny Toon Adventures
Top Gun
Total Recall
WWF Wrestlemania Challenge

$15

Saw an unadvertised sale setting up late and to my surprise saw the SNES & NES games. I offered $5 to start on this but the lady said some crap about how she might as well just donate them and get a tax write off then mentioned eBay as if $5 was never going to happen. So I asked her what she had in mind and she said $15 and I just agreed since it was still a solid deal instead of trying to meet in the middle or shave off a few bucks after the reaction the inital offer got. Passed on a Genesis 2 with a cart only Sonic 3 in 1 in the system that didn't have a price on it either. Mentioned not being able to find the NES system as if that would have been sold also if rounded up. The lady actually gave me the NES RF and controllers after I paid has she just found them in a random bag. The extra RF actually belongs with the boxed NES Action Set I got on Friday.

Non Find BS

Only about a dozen sales on my list with the season slowing down but I still got to 16 sales with a few unadvertised added in, ended up being a nicer day then I expected. I got out late again, just before 10.

The sale I got the Nintendo stuff at also had a good amount of new wrestling figures from around the Monday Night Wars Era (WCW & WWF) including what the guy said was the whole set of I'm pretty sure what was the WWF Superstars Series 5 from looking online. I could tell this sale was going to be something different/interesting from the average yardsale from all the action figures I saw set up as I was driving by as I was parking.

One sale I asked about video games and the lady brought up a Sega Genesis Model 1 with 9 games, 1-3 sports, 1-2 of the "Strike" helicopter games Street Fighter II CE, Taz Mania, Sonic 2 & Spinball. It was about 9 games total. I wasen't really all that interested not needing anything for my collection but as I started looking at it she said she'd sell it all to me for $60. I finished up quickly and thanked her politely mentioning that I couldn't afford that and she said what did I have in mind to which I said $5-10. She didn't have much to say to that but by the off chance that she decides it has to go instead putting it back in the basement she'll find out that her guesstimate of what it was worth didn't factor in depriciation on this stuff well enough :D

Been busy with a new job, so I haven't had much time for sale'ing or posting, but this is all from the past two weekends:

GC Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, $3

GBA Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
GBA Lunar: Legend
GBA "109 IN 1", $3 for all

Final Fantasy VII strategy guide
Final Fantasy VIII strategy guide
Final Fantasy IX strategy guide, $5 for all

Monster S-video cable for Nintendo systems
GC Microphone (x2), $1 for all

DC Sonic Adventure 2, $1

Game Boy Pocket (red, with battery cover)
GB Pokemon Red Version
GB Tetris
GB Game Genie (with code books)
GB cases (x2)
GB manuals (x8), $2.50 for all

DS Pokemon Diamond Version
DS Browser, $10 for both

Strategy Guides:
Eternal Darkness
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Grand Theft Auto IV
Pokemon Special Edition
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Party 3
Donkey Kong 64, $4 for all

GB Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition (new & factory sealed), $10

PSX Vangrant Story
PSX Suikoden
PSX Legend of Legaia
PSX Saga Frontier 2
PSX Azure Dreams
PSX Torneko: The Last Hope
PSX Granstream Saga
PSX Martian Gothic, $16 for all

I've been waiting to find a complete copy of Sonic Adventure 2 for ages, and it's finally mine! That and the sealed Pokemon game are my favorite finds. Also, I'm beginning to have more guides than I know what to do with. Collecting guides is pain; these things just take up too much darn space. The Playstation RPGs are cool too... well, with the exception of Torneko and Martian Gothic, but I basically bought those all as a package deal.

bread's done
Back