Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Andre Johnson just went down untouched while making a run after a catch. It didn't look good at all. This is Houston's year finally with the Colts being down, so hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.[/QUOTE]They are saying it's a hamstring injury but they showed him walking around on the sidelines late in the 3rd, which is a good sign. Big Ben has been getting fucking smashed. If the Texans can get a 1st down, it's gonna be game over.

The ref-ing in this Buffalo game is beyond terrible. A complete pass ruled incomplete and the game has been completely blown...I remember why I never watch football.

[quote name='SynGamer']The ref-ing in this Buffalo game is beyond terrible. A complete pass ruled incomplete and the game has been completely blown...I remember why I never watch football.[/QUOTE]

Should have saw the typical phantom hold against Detroit that stopped a potential tie game of course it didnt help that lions then end up getting flagged 3 times after that for being stupid

LETS GO LIONS!!!!

Although I fucked myself for the 3rd week in a row in fantasy...I have the guys but I keep choosing the wrong players to play. No matter what I do.

The fact that the Cowboys chose not to establish the running game in the second half is why they lost (that and their absolutely terrible secondary). They know he has broken ribs and yet they still made him throw the ball over 40 times. Sometimes Jason Garrett has his head up his ass.

I'm impressed by how well Tennessee has been playing with Chris Johnson not even at full speed yet. Had it not been for an ill advised pass in week one, they'd be 4-0 right now.

The Bills losing to Cincinatti is almost comical. THAT'S what people are used to in Buffalo. Make huge comebacks against Oakland and New England...and then choke away a big lead to the Bengals. Oh well, at least they're not the Cowboys, lol :)

[quote name='renique46']Dont know when people will realize Cowboys are just plain bad period[/QUOTE]

I've always realized it, the media hypes them up beyond belief because of HURR DURR AMERIKAS TEEM.

The Lions are 4-0 now, surely this is a sign of the apocalypse.

Packers are just toying with the Broncos right now. After a pick-six, they did an on-side kick and recovered it.

Gonna be a loooooooooooong day. :(

Well shut my mouth.

Eric Decker with 2 TD catches in the quarter and the Broncos are back in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']I've always realized it, the media hypes them up beyond belief because of HURR DURR AMERIKAS TEEM.

The Lions are 4-0 now, surely this is a sign of the apocalypse.

Packers are just toying with the Broncos right now. After a pick-six, they did an on-side kick and recovered it.

Gonna be a loooooooooooong day. :(

Well shut my mouth.

Eric Decker with 2 TD catches in the quarter and the Broncos are back in the game.[/QUOTE]

Well it was fun while it lasted, now its back to being toyed with

It'll take at least one more draft to get the defense in order because their good players are surrounded by a lot of decent talent that can easily be beaten by good teams/players. Their secondary or defensive line needs to be addressed with their first pick and the most of the remaining picks should be addressing the holes in that defense. The offense is mostly fine when it's healthy, but it's the defense that needs the most help to build around quality players that they have. The running game is the only part of that offense that needs some stability since Moreno's probably never going to be healthy for a full season and picking up free agents every year isn't going to solve a long-term solution. The passing game will be in good hands with Tebow, Decker, Lloyd, and Royal.

Lions showing off their darkhorse abilities for sure at 4-0. They can certainly beat 49ers and Chicago, but might run into another really tough challenge in the Falcons. But Lions at 6-0 is not impossible at all.

Their defense has been looking good in the second half but IDK why everyone is sleeping for the first 30 minutes lately? If they played even halfway decent in the first half all the time, they would be pulling out blowouts against the Vikings and Dallas.

[quote name='jello44']I've always realized it, the media hypes them up beyond belief because of HURR DURR AMERIKAS TEEM.
[/QUOTE]

The media hype works. Everyone is pointing out the Cowboy blowing a lead and losing. However, the "Dream" Team (Eagles) blew a lead also and is now 1-3, but I don't see anyone talking about them.

[quote name='Soodmeg']LETS GO LIONS!!!!

Although I fucked myself for the 3rd week in a row in fantasy...I have the guys but I keep choosing the wrong players to play. No matter what I do.[/QUOTE]

Same here. After two weeks of doing almost nothing I bench Dez Bryant because of how limited he was in practice all week and, right on queue, he halls in two TD's this week! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='dafoomie']Wilfork had another interception.[/QUOTE]

My favorite "fat guy" pick is still the one Keith Traylor got against the Jaguars several years back when he was with the Bears...:applause:

[quote name='Chitown021']My favorite "fat guy" pick is still the one Keith Traylor got against the Jaguars several years back when he was with the Bears...:applause:[/QUOTE]

Watching the fat guys run back picks or fumbles is one of the NFL's purest joys.

wilfork_oreos.jpg

This Sunday Night game is excruciating. It's like Flacco and Sanchez are competing to see who has a better claim to the "my team is never going to win a Super Bowl as long as I'm the QB, but none of my team's fans want to admit it" crown.

It's a good thing that the Browns have two weeks to rest and rethink their strategy going forward, as center Alex Mack just had surgery for Appendicitis. It would be a huge blow for the offense to have him be out this week if they didn't have a bye for week five. Joe Haden also seems to just have a strained knee, so he can hopefully get back to 100% by the next game.

Despite not having a good game, Colt McCoy managed to set Browns records for most pass completions in a game (40) and pass attempts in a game (61). It's a shame that it was a result of being down for most of the game and not because the passing game couldn't be stopped.

I love how shitty Matt Cassell is. Everyone gives T-Jack shit over in Seattle but he has the same stats has Cassell.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']You are insane dude, that was the worst thing ever![/QUOTE]

Seriously. When I heard what happened my very first thought was "PLEASE let this lead to them getting rid of that god-awful MNF song."

[quote name='bvharris']Seriously. When I heard what happened my very first thought was "PLEASE let this lead to them getting rid of that god-awful MNF song."[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. I can't believe they've been using that song for 23 years. I can appreciate tradition, but it's a freaking promo, lol. Many historic teams have changed their uniforms more times than MNF has changed their opening package, lol.

I'm hoping the Atlanta Falcons do good this year, although Turner isn't doing too good, He keeps fumbling. But, after we face the packers this sunday, their 4-0 record will turn into 4-1.

I love how all these garbage players came out and ripped Romo Monday. Chris Cooley talking shit a week after Romo pushed their shit in is fucking hilarious. If they had just beat the Cowboys he would have a leg to stand on, but a really banged up Cowboys team just beat them. He should spend more time focusing on making sure Rex Grossman doesn't become an interception machine again. Deion Sanders talking shit is also hilarious. Dude has broken ribs and he is still playing, Deion was MIA for years on end because of fucking turf toe. Once he got his ring in Dallas he was the most overhyped garbage player to ever wear the star. Chis Carter also talked shit, but what did that guy ever do of note when it counted? How many times did his Vikings choke when they got to the playoffs? No matter how bad Romo plays his teams still haven't choked worse than that 41-0 NFC championship game.

Playmaker came out and said some stuff about Romo, but that dude always brought it. I got no problem with him making statements because he made the Cowboys go. If Romo had a playmaker type personality in the locker room, he wouldn't get half the shit he does. Aikman wouldn't have been a HOF QB without Irvin running shit and keeping people in line.

Barely winning by field goals against a shitty redskins team no matter how you slice it is bad regardless how much romo "pushed" anybody shit in which is just as comical as the team itself.

Raiders' crappy defense nearly costs them again, but they got an INT in the endzone as time expired to hold on to win at Texas 25-20.

[quote name='dafoomie']If the Jets couldn't even stop Lawfirm today, what are they going to do about Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush next week?[/QUOTE]

They won't have to worry about defending the pass next week.

[quote name='dafoomie']If the Jets couldn't even stop Lawfirm today, what are they going to do about Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush next week?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Jets won't have to worry about Miami passing at all next week.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back