Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='billyrox']AP > BCS

BCS is a joke[/quote]

And I'm sure that if things where the other way around, the BCS would still be a joke right?

I'd have to go with Bradford, 4,400 yards and 48 TDs vs 6 INTs is incredible. Here are the stats on the finalists and Harrell who got jipped out of an invite.

Sam Bradford (13 games) 4464 pass yards, 302/442 cmp/att, 68.3 %, 48 pass TDs, 6 ints
65 rush yards, 1.6 ypc, 5 rush TDs

Graham Harrell (12 games) 4747 pass yards, 406/568 cmp/att, 71.5 %, 41 pass TDs, 11 ints
-58 rush yards, -1.7 ypc, 6 rush TDs

Tim Tebow (13 games) 2515 pass yards, 174/268 cmp/att, 64.9 %, 28 pass TDs, 2 ints
564 rush yards, 3.7 ypc, 12 rush TDs

Colt McCoy (12 games) 3445 pass yards, 291/375 cmp/att, 77.6 %, 32 pass TDs, 7 ints
576 rush yards, 4.5 ypc, 10 rush TDs

My vote would go in this order:

Bradford
McCoy
Harrell
Tebow

The fact that Bradford was able to continue to put up ridiculous numbers against all of big dogs in the Big 12 South was just amazing.

Wow, looks like Aubrn is hiring Chizik from Iowa State as their next coach. He was 5-19 and 2-10 in the Big 12 over his 2 years at Iowa State. How the hell does that get you a job in Auburn, I mean I know he was their Offensive Coordinator before going to Iowa State but still. Guess I can put that game in the win column for WVU next year! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115

[quote name='dmaul1114']Wow, looks like Aubrn is hiring Chizik from Iowa State as their next coach. He was 5-19 and 2-10 in the Big 12 over his 2 years at Iowa State. How the hell does that get you a job in Auburn, I mean I know he was their Offensive Coordinator before going to Iowa State but still. Guess I can put that game in the win column for WVU next year! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115[/QUOTE]

The worst decision I"ve ever seen. Turner Gill is out there. I hate this.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Wow, looks like Aubrn is hiring Chizik from Iowa State as their next coach. He was 5-19 and 2-10 in the Big 12 over his 2 years at Iowa State. How the hell does that get you a job in Auburn, I mean I know he was their Offensive Coordinator before going to Iowa State but still. Guess I can put that game in the win column for WVU next year! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115[/QUOTE]

Shows that the good ole boy hiring system is still in full effect. That is about the stupidest hiring decision I've ever seen.

My vote would go to Tebow. Yeah the stats, but also look at attempts. AND he was doing it against SEC defenses. (I think it odd that 3 QBs putting up video game stat numbers all come from the same conference, say much for the D's in the Big 12?)

Tebow was slammed last year for doing too much by himself, so he goes more balanced and is slammed for it this year.

But then again I have a pretty heavy SEC bias.

[quote name='docvinh']Shows that the good ole boy hiring system is still in full effect. That is about the stupidest hiring decision I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel you with WVU's bone headed decision to promote Bill Stewart to head coach after the Fiesta Bowl last year. Going forward I think we'll be ok as he and his staff are recruiting damn well--getting Doc Holliday back at WVU from Florida helped that. But I'm still skeptical Stewart can get it done long term as the head coach, or Jeff Mullen at offensive coordinator. That higher bothered me the most. Top 10 program 3 straight years, explosive offense, and the best they could do for OC was the QB coach from Wake Forest?

[quote name='docvinh']Boooo, I was hoping Tebow would win. That guy is a one man wrecking crew.[/quote]
Yea I was rooting for Tebow also, how could you not give it to him after his last performance?

I guarantee that Tebow will kick some ass now in the National Championship especially since he got the most first place votes.

[quote name='munch']The worst decision I"ve ever seen. Turner Gill is out there. I hate this.[/QUOTE]

On the bright side, maybe I can afford game day tickets again!

WVU beat UNC 31-30 in the Meinike Car Care bowl. Pretty meaningless, but I was happy to see Pat White go out with a win.

He also became the first quarterback to ever start 4 bowl wins. He'll be missed, best WVU player in my lifetime, edging out Major Harris from the late 80's. Also had his first career 300 yard passing game.

I was just glad to see Notre Dame finally end their 14 year Bowl drought..

The West Virginia - NC game was pretty good as was the Cal - Miami game.

Anybody else watching the LSU vs. GT game?

LSU is absolutely killing GT, which I am loving since I am a LSU fan.

I can't believe all of the crazy turnovers.

Vanderbilt wins their first bowl since 1955 and at the same time stops the nations longest bowl winning streak.

After a definite year of ups and downs, it ends in NOT typical Vandy fashion, a bowl win. This is why I love college football.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Auburn alum Charles Barkley played the race card in bitching about AU not hiring Turner Gill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3770769[/QUOTE]

Right. Because they totally hired Chizik over Gill on account of his stellar win-loss record in recent years.

Some of y'all immediately want to discredit any instance of "playing the race card" as if racism is no longer possible, especially in hiring. Or that, if people no longer "play the race card," racism will go away. Stop bitching about discrimination and racism so we can get on with our lives. Right?

Nothin' like a bunch of white folks bitching more about *complaining* of racism than of racism itself.

That said, I just popped in here to remind you that the Bearcats are going to fucking rule the Orange Bowl. That's all.

Oh I think racism may have played a part, but I think the hire was more just staying in the good ole boys network and wanting to hire someone with ties to Auburn rather than the best man for the job. I mean it was just a joke hire, there were a ton of more established coaches they could have hired--black or white.

It was a joke of a coaching search, right up their with the debacle at my Alma Mater (WVU) last year.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for Cincy as well. Got to pull for the Big East teams! Though Pitt probably killed the conferences chance to win the Conference Bowl Cup or whatever it's called.

I hadn't watched a college football game all season, but I'm watching the Rose Bowl now. I dislike USC and prefer UCLA, but as an Illinois fan, I'm rooting against Penn State.

Should be a good game, anyway. I'll watch just about any sports now with my new high def receiver.

Damn, just read on ESPN that Josh Freeman is going to leave Kansas State and enter the draft. They must have him rated high purely based on potential because honestly he hasn't had that great of a college career. That and with the number of QB's coming out it seems like he'd really benefit from another year in college to improve his stock.

[quote name='specialk']Vanderbilt wins their first bowl since 1955 and at the same time stops the nations longest bowl winning streak.

After a definite year of ups and downs, it ends in NOT typical Vandy fashion, a bowl win. This is why I love college football.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAh YES! Vanderbilt won their bowl! and University of TN didn't even make a bowl... wtf happened thisyear

Damn, Cincy got dominated. Ended the Big Easts streak of winning 3 straight BCS bowl games, and broke the conference raiding ACC's long BCS bowl losing streak.

I don't know about everyone else, but I do not like this commemorative coin bullshit to determine the winner of a coin toss.

I saw it in the Rose Bowl, and now the Cotton Bowl, and I'm sure I'll see it again this bowl season.

OMG! Pat Summerall!!

[quote name='billyrox']HAHAHAHAHAHAh YES! Vanderbilt won their bowl! and University of TN didn't even make a bowl... wtf happened thisyear[/QUOTE]

Justice :whistle2:D

Cotton Bowl has been great so far. Ole Miss up 24-21 over Texas Tech at the half. Harrell almost ran for a long TD as time expired but got tripped up at the 3.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Cotton Bowl has been great so far. Ole Miss up 24-21 over Texas Tech at the half. Harrell almost ran for a long TD as time expired but got tripped up at the 3.[/quote]

i say Ol Miss is going to win this...good thing TT wasn't in the Championship- they would be crushed

Yeah, it's been pretty much all Ole Miss in the second half. 40-28 and they're threatening to score again after getting a safety right after they fumbled on the TT goal line their last drive.

Ole Miss is out of control. The Ogre left Nutt a lot of talent. The West should be really interesting next year.

91% said we couldn't beat who? I think that game proved texas tech didn't get screwed out of going to the championship. We're going to be a beast next year.

Ole Miss is going to be a huge disappointment next year!

And I am so happy about Utah beating Alabama. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

[quote name='munch']
And I am so happy about Utah beating Alabama. HAHAHAHAHAHA![/quote]

:applause: That was probably the most awesome win of the season.

It makes you wonder though... Utah has gone undefeated and they have beat big name teams. They may not be in the national championship game, but what are you gonna do with them?

[quote name='darthbudge']:applause: That was probably the most awesome win of the season.

It makes you wonder though... Utah has gone undefeated and they have beat big name teams. They may not be in the national championship game, but what are you gonna do with them?[/QUOTE]

Give them the shaft! It's almost as bad as Auburn in '04. I mean, seriously? A team goes undefeated in the SEC and they get nothing? Really weak.

I'm going to Utah next week. Maybe I'll go find a nice Utah shirt to bring back for Bama fans. :lol:

But yes, it stinks of 2004. Of course, Utah was also undefeated in 2004 so this is the second time Utah has gotten the shaft.

[quote name='darthbudge']
It makes you wonder though... Utah has gone undefeated and they have beat big name teams. They may not be in the national championship game, but what are you gonna do with them?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you use them as ammunition in the "College football needs a fucking playoff system" argument. In this case, there was really no point in rooting for Utah. They won everything and yet, they'll still be ranked behind whoever wins the arbitrary national championship game. Total bullshit and the main reason I follow college football with, I dunno, a quarter of the interest that I follow pro football.

[quote name='Halo05']Hopefully you use them as ammunition in the "College football needs a fucking playoff system" argument. In this case, there was really no point in rooting for Utah. They won everything and yet, they'll still be ranked behind whoever wins the arbitrary national championship game. Total bullshit and the main reason I follow college football with, I dunno, a quarter of the interest that I follow pro football.[/QUOTE]

No reason? They were playing Alabama. That's a great reason to pull for Utah.

Wish my Horned Frogs had beaten the Utes, but still hoping they make the top ten, anyways, after beating Boise... :applause:

I think that I'm excited about Malzahn coming here. 439 yards rushing? Yes please.

I'm trying not to drink too much Kool-Aid, since everyone went crazy for Franklin last year. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I feel the same way, I'm trying to remain cautious but I have to admit I am optimistic. I wasn't originally thrilled about Chizik, but I like the hires he has made for assistant coaches. Now if we can just do away with a little Auburn history and hope the good coaches stay for more than one year at a time...

Franklin was certainly a dud though, although I imagine it was a mismatch more in coaching staff than anything else. He was just not a good fit for Auburn with the way he ran things. Thankfully, Malzahn looks a lot more promising, and with Auburn's running back history he seems to be a good fit. Not to mention the little amount of penalties Tulsa offense committed last night.

And to be honest, I don't really care if Auburn runs up 600 yards of offense, I just want anything better than what we've had these past two years.

Here we go. We're not even through the first quarter and Stoops is already acting like a little bitch on the sidelines. How dare the NCAA refs call a penalty against him!

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone needs to change the Title of the thread.[/quote]

never had to change it. Florida was #1 on AP and stayed #1

go SEC

This is what happens when you play an SEC defense. 3 years in a row, and 4 of the best teams in the last 5 years.

bread's done
Back