Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

Holy shit, at the blocked field goal in the LSU/Alabama game. I can't believe LSU blocked it. Man, I hope they can pull it off in overtime.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Jared Lee for the fuckING LOSS, enough said.[/quote]

This.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Alabama won 27-21 in OT. I missed what happened on LSU's possession.[/quote]

Jared Lee threw a interception.

Wow,..great game looks like Bama is going to the BCS Championship... or until Barack decides to change it to the playoff system as the first thing to do in his new administration.

[quote name='billyrox']Wow,..great game looks like Bama is going to the BCS Championship... or until Barack decides to change it to the playoff system as the first thing to do in his new administration.[/quote]

Damnit why did someone jinx us. Mega lulz at Tenn this week losing to Wyoming.

Well fuck me, I turned it off when it was 20-7 with 3 or so minutes left and WVU had thrown and interception and just saw on the ticker on the Texas Tech game that it was tied at 20 and going to OT! Looks like it was a safety, then a touchdown off the ensuing drive with a successful 2 point conversion, followed by an onside kick and a 52 yard field goal to send it to overtime!

Can't believe I missed all that. :(

Edit:Bah! Guess I"m a jinx. Turn it off and the come back. Turn it on and they lose 26-23 in overtime.

[quote name='billyrox']Wow,..great game looks like Bama is going to the BCS Championship... or until Barack decides to change it to the playoff system as the first thing to do in his new administration.[/QUOTE]

They've still got to get through Florida at the SEC Championship game. And I watched Florida last night (even if it was whipping Vanderbilt) and they're bringing the house every game. That Ole Miss loss seemed to light a fire under them.

Yeah, I'd say Florida is playing the best of any one in the country right now. Texas Tech is the other hot team. Would be a great title game if those two made it.

But too much is up in the air to even bother speculating. Texas Tech has looked great, but still have to play at Oklahoma and would have the Big XII title game which would probably be Missouri or Kansas.

But it looks like it will probably be the Big XII champion (unless of course Missouri/Kansas wins the title game) vs either Alabama, Florida or USC barring a crazy end to the season like last year.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am really hoping for a Texas Tech vs. Florida game for the national championship. That would be awesome.[/quote]

QFT:drool:, that would be amazing... i've been really impressed with Texas Tech this year... and ofcourse Florida is dominating like a motherfu

Of course a Texas Tech/Alabama Championship would be solid too.

Good lord Cheeseburger Charlie could not get a win at home on Senior day against the 2-8 Syracuse Orange:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The only way he can redeem himself now would be to beat USC.

1982...that was the last time Vanderbilt was bowl eligible, and have spent the better part of the past 26 years trying to get that elusive 6th win. Last week that win came against Kentucky.

Today they play a 3-6 Tennessee coming off a bye week and a loss to Wyoming at homecoming the week before, with a resigned coach coaching, and a 3rd stringer at QB.

And what does Vandy do? Comes out FLAT. Seems the coaches were content with 6 wins. Today pretty much secured we'll get a bowl game in Tennessee.

Wake Forest next week, maybe secure a winning season next week.

OU is just manhandling Texas Tech right now. The Big 12 South has just been insane this year. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State have all been very good. Unless the South team just looks past the Big 12 Championship game (like OU did in 2003) then I think Mizzou is in for a beating.

[quote name='SL4IN']This is fantastic....OU is kicking the shit out of Tech.[/quote]

No it is not... it is absolutely horrible.

I am really hoping Tech can make a comeback.

[quote name='darthbudge']No it is not... it is absolutely horrible.

I am really hoping Tech can make a comeback.[/quote]

No one, under any circumstances should want Tech to win. The only people that should care are the people that live in BFN Lubbock.

[quote name='darthbudge']No it is not... it is absolutely horrible.

I am really hoping Tech can make a comeback.[/quote]

My main issue with OU is their coach, "Big Game" Bob Stoops is such an arrogant prick.

[quote name='SL4IN']No one, under any circumstances should want Tech to win. The only people that should care are the people that live in BFN Lubbock.[/quote]

Why? :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']Why? :lol:[/quote]

Have you ever met Tech fans?

They're the most arrogant, inconsiderate, careless and classless pricks I've ever met in my life.

That, and their field smells like tortillas.

[quote name='SL4IN']Have you ever met Tech fans?

They're the most arrogant, inconsiderate, careless and classless pricks I've ever met in my life.

That, and their field smells like tortillas.[/quote]

Yeah, I have. I would say that UT fans are WAY bigger jerks. But I can't comment on the field smelling like tortillas because I have never been there.

[quote name='SL4IN']Have you ever met Tech fans?

That, and their field smells like tortillas.[/quote]

Funny I've got several in-laws that live just outside of Norman and I would say the same thing about OU fans (except for the part about the field smelling like tortillas that is...).

[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah, I have. I would say that UT fans are WAY bigger jerks. But I can't comment on the field smelling like tortillas because I have never been there.[/quote]

To go along with my above statement, I agree with you there, because the only two cities worse than Lubbock when it comes to sports fans, is Austin and San Antonio.

The debate between whether San Antonio and Austin for who has bigger T-shirt fans is too close to call though. Both places are equally awful.

[quote name='SL4IN']To go along with my above statement, I agree with you there, because the only two cities worse than Lubbock when it comes to sports fans, is Austin and San Antonio.

The debate between whether San Antonio and Austin for who has bigger T-shirt fans is too close to call though. Both places are equally awful.[/quote]

Yeah, well I am not a huge fan of Tech, but I like messing with all my friends who are UT fans. It really drives me crazy that blind love that people have for UT.

Holy crap that Kansas - Missouri game was awesome! (except for the ending that is...). I just knew MU left too much time on the clock when they scored.

Damn, I was really hoping for a OSU victory tonight. But that looks very unlikely now. If only there defense could have just stopped OU ONCE in the second half, I think they would have a good chance of coming back.

[quote name='darthbudge']Damn, I was really hoping for a OSU victory tonight. But that looks very unlikely now. If only there defense could have just stopped OU ONCE in the second half, I think they would have a good chance of coming back.[/quote]

That was a wild game. Your right, if OSU could've gotten just ONE stop... OU just had the ball bouncing their way all night. I would be shocked if OU doesn't end up as the highest ranked team in the BCS tomorrow.

C'mon Mizzou, win the Big 12 Championship game!

[quote name='Chitown021']That was a wild game. Your right, if OSU could've gotten just ONE stop... OU just had the ball bouncing their way all night. I would be shocked if OU doesn't end up as the highest ranked team in the BCS tomorrow.

C'mon Mizzou, win the Big 12 Championship game![/quote]

Yup, probably OU in the championship and UT in another BCS bowl game(Sugar Bowl?). Then Texas Tech is gonna get screwed over completely and get stuck in the cotton bowl, even though there only loss was to the one of the best teams in the country.

[quote name='darthbudge']Yup, probably OU in the championship and UT in another BCS bowl game(Sugar Bowl?). Then Texas Tech is gonna get screwed over completely and get stuck in the cotton bowl, even though there only loss was to the one of the best teams in the country.[/quote]

How great would a playoff system be this year? There would be so many great matchups...

[quote name='Chitown021']Holy crap that Kansas - Missouri game was awesome! (except for the ending that is...). I just knew MU left too much time on the clock when they scored.[/quote]

I went yesterday and I would have to say it was the best game I've ever been to.

[quote name='pinebarrens']I went yesterday and I would have to say it was the best game I've ever been to.[/quote]

lucky that was amazing to watch

There were a lot of wild games yesterday, that Georgia v Georgia Tech game was pretty crazy too, but Georgia's defense couldn't tackle for beans and GT's triple-option worked a couple times and a couple TD's. I was scratching my head because Georgia's defense just threw their shoulder or their back into the ball carrier, they didn't "wrap up" at all.

Giving up that big of a lead in just one quarter was just amazing :lol:

If I'm wrong I'll come back here and admit it.

Florida wins outs.

and by "wins out" I mean dishes out a new level of domination not seen since medieval times.

Tim Tebow cried when they lost to Ole Miss, every one they've played has cried since.

[quote name='munch']The Iron Bowl stunk so bad. I kind of wish I hadn't gone. Oh well, Alabama still stinks.[/QUOTE]

Not saying Alabama would have lost, but the bad calls, or rather the lack thereof against Alabama was really a thorn in my side.

Say what you can about coaches and football, there are coaches that I can hate but still respect. Saban is not, and will never be one of those coaches. Sadly there are quite a few of those coaches currently in the SEC.

In any case, even though I hate Florida, I hate Alabama more so I hope the Gators win this coming Saturday.

[quote name='specialk']If I'm wrong I'll come back here and admit it.

Florida wins outs.

and by "wins out" I mean dishes out a new level of domination not seen since medieval times.

Tim Tebow cried when they lost to Ole Miss, every one they've played has cried since.[/quote]

as much as i hate Fl, i come together for the SEC once bowls start... and if anyone can dominate and possibility get a another heisman, it would be Tebow

looks like we'll more than likely be playin texas tech in the cotton bowl, should be interesting

[quote name='Whambamm']UT got screwed, but what else is new? God, I hate OU[/quote]

How did UT get screwed? Because they beat OU by 10 points, they deserve some sore of entitlement that they're better? :roll:

Despite the fact that OU played more ranked teams, embarrassed Texas Tech by 44 points (a team that texas lost to by 6), routed Oklahoma State by 20 points (a team that texas barely edged out by 4) and played and beat a ranked team in their last game of the season while texas only played a 2-5, 4-7 Texas A&M team.

bread's done
Back