Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

Maybe I'm not the typical Auburn fan, I don't know, but I was surprised that Auburn was even ranked as high as they were in the beginning of the season.

But yes, I was actually worried coming into the Vandy game, similar to munch. I thought we could win, but that win would be very close if that were the case.

Problem being, look at the points that have been score. I would say almost half of the points in SEC games have been scored defensively, either on a defensive drive or as a result of a great defensive play. The offensive line play calling has been horrible, and both Tuberville and Franklin take the blame, as they should. Of course it doesn't help that some of our best offensive players suffered injuries earlier on in the game.

Franklin needs to adjust his playbook however, as I'm not so sure his version of the spread is cut of for Auburn's current players or Auburn's play style in general. I hope we see more under center play against Arkansas. I hate to say this, but I think Auburn's bye week might be my favorite week this season (pending losses to Alabama/Georgia).

Does that take away from Vandy's win? Not really, but I still don't think they are that good... yet (not considering past Vandy teams). The real test for Vandy is when they play Georgia, Kentucky and Florida. I expect to see at least one loss between those three teams, otherwise Vandy has a pretty good season setup and has set themselves to be placed in a really nice bowl.

Edit: I'm kind of surprised Auburn is still ranked. 20 in the AP, and 23 in the USA? Highest ranked 2 loss team at this point...

The Red River Shootout has been a great game. I hate Oklahoma but I have to say they have gotten totally screwed on three calls now. Two phantom personal fouls on Colt McCoy and that int that was taken away from them in the endzone.

Yeah, OU is clearly the better team. UT is a lot like Alabama: the refs are going to find a way to keep them in the game.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, OU is clearly the better team. UT is a lot like Alabama: the refs are going to find a way to keep them in the game.[/quote]

Well OU just got one of the calls back. Nice acting job by the OU punter...

[quote name='munch']Yeah, OU is clearly the better team. UT is a lot like Alabama: the refs are going to find a way to keep them in the game.[/quote]
You have issues. I'm not even convinced you're an Auburn fan you since whine about Bama so much. Oh wait.

[quote name='scuba t']You have issues. I'm not even convinced you're an Auburn fan you since whine about Bama so much. Oh wait.[/QUOTE]

fuck you.

I'm about to go watch Auburn play, though I'm not sure it's football. I just hope we will actually run the ball this week.

I couldn't believe that call on the UNC vs. ND game. The UNC receiver totally had possession of the ball when he hit the ground. At least it all worked out in the end and they won the game.

[quote name='darthbudge']I couldn't believe that call on the UNC vs. ND game. The UNC receiver totally had possession of the ball when he hit the ground. At least it all worked out in the end and they won the game.[/quote]

So true, I was going nuts when they started to review the last play I just assumed they would come up with something stupid and give ND another chance. At least we won in the end though, now just need to hope Tate isn't out a long time.

[quote name='munch']Auburn is horrible. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what the hell? I was listening to it on the radio and it sounds like their offense just blew up. Sadly, I think next week is going to be my favorite week in Auburn's schedule. I don't even know what to think anymore, but this offense is pitiful.

I watched the Samford game vs. App. State, and I think I would take their offensive over what Auburn has right now.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Yeah, what the hell? I was listening to it on the radio and it sounds like their offense just blew up. Sadly, I think next week is going to be my favorite week in Auburn's schedule. I don't even know what to think anymore, but this offense is pitiful.

I watched the Samford game vs. App. State, and I think I would take their offensive over what Auburn has right now.[/QUOTE]

I would take any offense over what Auburn has right. We have to be very close to dead last in D 1.

*sniff* *sniff* Boomer....?

Suffice it to say, I did not enjoy the outcome of the game. Bullcrap calls were had on both sides, so I'm not going to give any excuses.

But the REAL crime is after that game my girlfriend said she "wasn't in the mood anymore." DAMN YOU TEXAS :bomb:

[quote name='munch']I would take any offense over what Auburn has right. We have to be very close to dead last in D 1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, will be an nice exercise in offensive futility when they play WVU on the 23rd.

Only 17 points on Syracuse at home? :roll: I almost hope we just go on and lose most of the rest of the games to improve the chances of this coaching staff getting the ax at year's end.

The Clemson QB was also benched by Bowden last week, which might explain his attitude towards him. That Harper kid is a horrible big game QB anyway.

Here's a really awesome painting that some bammer made:
Alababa.jpg

I like the dating of the year by Saban's name. Because honestly no coach is ever safe at "Bama."

On topic, I'm hoping Vandy pulls a tough one out at Georgia. Got our best QB finally starting. However the realist in me sees K. Moreno having his Heisman day.

Good lord WVU sucks this year.

Coach Stewart and his staff are a joke. Ran the program into the ground in half a season.

Edit: Nice drive and TD pass there to cut it to 17-10. Maybe they'll make me eat my words.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmaul1114']Good lord WVU sucks this year.

Coach Stewart and his staff are a joke. Ran the program into the ground in half a season.

Edit: Nice drive and TD pass there to cut it to 17-10. Maybe they'll make me eat my words.[/quote]

fuck West Virginia and fuck Bob Huggins! Sorry I know this is football season but seeing that bastard on the sidelines still pisses me off (disgruntled Kansas State fan).

Meh, shouldn't be to bitter about that. Yes, it sucked for you guys. But he was born in WV and was an alum so it's understandable he would want to go home.

If the former WVU president hadn't fucked up his hiring in 2002 you guys never would have have had to worry about it! :D Though I can't complain as we had great success under Beilein.

Getting back to football, I may indeed eat my words. WVU up 20-17 in the 4th and driving again.

EDIT: Up 27-17 on an great run after the catch for a TD. Great spin move to break a tackle and cut back after that to make another guy miss.

And a 30 yard TD run by Noel Devine to make it 34-17. 207 yards for Devine.

I'll definitely eat my crow. This is the first time all year WVU has looked like the team of recent years that started the season ranked 8th. Auburn is crappy this year, but their defense has been solid so it's very encouraging to put that many yards and points on them.

Hope they've turned the corner and keep this momentum going. 2-0 in the Big East with 5 games to go, so they still have a great chance of winning the conference and going to a BCS bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years if they can play like this.

HOW STUPID CAN THE WISCONSIN COACH BE?!?

Michigan State is rushing the field goal unit to kick a frantic last second field goal from 44 yards on 4th down with no timeouts, and the Wisconsin head coach, of all people, calls a timeout. Then he calls another to "ice" the kicker. Then Michigan St. makes the field goal, takes the lead for the first time in the game with 7 seconds left, and wins the game. Way to go :roll:

That was an insane finish to the game. We all just jumped out of the seats when Crabtree ran into the endzone, and so did all the Texas Tech fans :lol:

That's actually the first game where I've seen 1) a team kickoff from their own endzone and 2) have a CROWD around the whole field right behind the sidelines waiting for the last play of the game.

Instant FREAKIN' classic.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I can't believe that tech game. :/[/QUOTE]

Me neither. 9/10 UT wins that game. But last night they just couldn't pull it out.

Nooooooo, mah Horns!!!! :cry::cry::cry: Here's to hoping Tech loses to Okie St. and OU, so we can still get into the Big 12 championship game. Was a great game though.

Great game last night, probably the best I've watched since the Texas/USC championship game a few years ago.

Also looks like WVU is back on track, followed up the win over Auburn with a 35-13 win over UCONN to move back into the rankings. Barring injury looks like they have a great shot to win out and go to another BCS bowl.

Ho boy. Here comes the national championship banter...

At least Auburn might have a chance against Tennessee-Martin next week. I'm just looking forward to our next off week before 'bama so maybe that some of our injured players have a chance to recover.

There have been so many amazing games already, but one of my most memorable games in recent memory would be Boise State ousting Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, that was just nuts.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Ho boy. Here comes the national championship banter...

At least Auburn might have a chance against Tennessee-Martin next week. I'm just looking forward to our next off week before 'bama so maybe that some of our injured players have a chance to recover.[/QUOTE]

I know. We are horrible. All of our defense is hurt--Coleman doesn't even practice because he's so banged up, Savage is out, Marks is hurt, Blackmon is out, etc.--and our offense is just horrible.

I did like how we actually might maybe have a vertical threat now with Burns and Slaughter. That kid is a playmaker. Now we just need the geniuses to put in Fannin too. Then we might be able to do something.

Iowa just dropped Penn St 24-23....pending getting students off the field and not giving up a TD on the kickoff.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Iowa just dropped Penn St 24-34....pending getting students off the field and not giving up a TD on the kickoff.[/quote]
It was 24-23. And fucking finally. Penn State is a fraud team and I'm glad to see them finally get beat:cool:

Yeah, that was a typo.

LSU and Alabam are tied at 21 with 3:10 left. Alabama just had a TD on a long run by the QB called back for hold or illegal block (didn't catch what they said).

bread's done
Back