Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='Chitown021']Good lord is it going to be another 3 win season for my Irish? Seriously, it took a 4th quarter comeback to squeak one out against San Diego State? Yuck!:whistle2:&[/quote]
Honestly, I think we need to get rid of Weis.

[quote name='Whambamm']I don't know if anyone saw this or heard about this during the UT vs. UTEP game, but I heard about it yesterday and just found it hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MndYiHO1L4[/quote]

LOL. Yeah that is a "great setting" and I bet he's having a great time up there!

"Getting jerked off by your girlfriend on HDTV...PRICELESS!!":applause::lol:

Haha, wow, the Buckeyes put up an even worse showing against USC than my Illini did at the Rose Bowl. 35-3... way to go Jim Tressell.

[quote name='ph33r m3']ASU>>>Any other team in the NCAA

This year is our year![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

But then again, Auburn isn't any better. We have to get the offense going before LSU comes to town on Saturday.

And WVU's coach completely shit's the bed against Colorado by twice not calling a time out at the end of the game when trying to drive to field goal range and goes on to lose in OT.

I'm done with them until the fire the Gomer Pyle hick they hired for head coach in the wee hours after beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. I've never seen a coach so clue less and looking so lost on the sidelines as he was a tthe end of the game.

That Michigan game was amazing. One of the best comebacks I've ever seen. The first half sucked though, it was just really sloppy football.

A lot of big upsets today. I really didn't think Ole Miss had it in them.

Auburn's offense is horrible. They should leave Burns in and just let him play.

I was impressed with Notre Dame today. The defense is still iffy but that Claussen is starting to gel with that offense. I know they were playing Purdue and they're not the strongest team around but Notre Dame looked 1000x better than they have in the last 15 games or so.

[quote name='billyrox']great game... its time for the SEC to claim the throne[/QUOTE]

Only thing is the SEC is so good that it beats itself up. Happens every year....alot of them are ranked at the first of the season then they have to play each other.

And with that said..

I'm thankful that Vandy had the weekend off with all the upsets...and with UGA losing (if it holds out) Vandy would be atop the SEC East.

And I'm glad that Vandy doesn't have Bama this year.

I don't know what's worse, Auburn playing bad or Alabama playing so well. You guys not from Alabama have no idea how much this hurts. The cockiness, the stale beer breath, the "turdition." God I hate the University of Alabama.

Vandy is going to have a tough time on Saturday. Auburn's offense is horrible, but their D should put them in good situations. These SEC margins tell a lot too:

Scoring Margin per game
1. Kentucky +26
2. Alabama +23.3
3. Florida +23
4. LSU +20.3
5. Georgia +15.2
6. Vanderbilt +12.8
7. Auburn +9.2
8. South Carolina +8.6
9. Ole Miss +6.8
10. Tennessee +0.7
11. Mississippi State (-5.2)
12. Arkansas (-18)

I'm not saying Vandy won't win. Auburn is that bad and could get beat by them. But, Vandy clearly has some problems statistically.

Total Yardage Differential per game
1. LSU +166.4
2. Georgia +138
3. Kentucky +124.8
4. S. Carolina +121
5. Florida +118.2
6. Alabama +117.4
7. Auburn +83.4
8. Tennessee +82.8
9. Ole Miss +57.6
10. Arkansas (-6.5)
11. Mississippi State (-20.4)
12. Vanderbilt (-81.4)

[quote name='munch']I don't know what's worse, Auburn playing bad or Alabama playing so well. You guys not from Alabama have no idea how much this hurts. The cockiness, the stale beer breath, the "turdition." God I hate the University of Alabama.[/quote]

I don't know what part you're in but roll tide!!

[quote name='scuba t']I don't know what part you're in but roll tide!![/QUOTE]

God I hate the University of Alabama. This is the one reason why I'm glad I don't live in the state.

[quote name='munch']God I hate the University of Alabama. This is the one reason why I'm glad I don't live in the state.[/quote]

Really I hate Tennessee the most. To tell you the truth I don't even hate Auburn.

[quote name='munch']Vandy is going to have a tough time on Saturday. Auburn's offense is horrible, but their D should put them in good situations. These SEC margins tell a lot too:

I'm not saying Vandy won't win. Auburn is that bad and could get beat by them. But, Vandy clearly has some problems statistically.
[/QUOTE]

Oh believe you me, I know it's not gonna be a gimme for Vandy...but then again no game ever is. Being a longtime fan I realize just how quickly the Dores can collapse. This is a run I'm not counting my eggs before they hatch on, but enjoying the games and the streak.

I just hope it's a close game.

[quote name='munch']God I hate the University of Alabama. This is the one reason why I'm glad I don't live in the state.[/QUOTE]

You don't live here anymore?

Yeah, I'm tired of hearing from them myself. 5 games, and they're already declaring themselves national champions. :roll:

I'd like to say I'm surprised with Auburn's offense, but I'm not. I'm not sure if Auburn is the kind of team set out for the spread. In order for the spread to work, you need a quarter back that can both pass and run in order to be effective, and I'm not sure if we have either. I think Burns is good, but I haven't really seen him pass enough to give a fair assessment of his quarterback abilities. He does remind me a lot of Campbell, which is a good thing.

Our defense has literally won every game except LSU, which makes me cringe because I hate seeing this happen year after year. Auburn may have one of the best defenses in the nation, but if you can't score points that defense doesn't mean squat.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']You don't live here anymore?

Yeah, I'm tired of hearing from them myself. 5 games, and they're already declaring themselves national champions. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

lol, oh but yes...they were doing this after last year's start too...and we all know how that turned out.

Sad thing is....as for now, they're looking like the real deal.

Franklin is just a bad play caller. His system may work, but he doesn't know how to run it.

And as for Burns, I don't see how he's any worse than the alternative. Franklin seriously has a crush on Todd. From his comments it's hard to believe that he's watching the same game I am. He also doesn't give Burns a chance. He totally hung him out to dry when he called three QB runs in a row. All I'm saying is give Burns some time to develop. Right now Franklin is trying to fulfill his own prophecy of Burns not knowing the offense.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
I'd like to say I'm surprised with Auburn's offense, but I'm not. I'm not sure if Auburn is the kind of team set out for the spread. In order for the spread to work, you need a quarter back that can both pass and run in order to be effective, and I'm not sure if we have either. [/QUOTE]

Yep, you guys just need to give it time. It could be worse. When Rodriguez came to WVU in 2001 and installed the spread (he is the inventor after all) he went 3-8 as the talent on the team was terrible for the spread.

But once he got his players we rolled, 3 straight 11 win seasons before he bolted for Michigan.

Now the new coaching staff tinkered with the offense too much and have ruined the season. :bomb: Looked better this weekend, but hard to say if that was improvement or just playing a shitty team in Marshall.

[quote name='munch']Rodriguez did not invent the spread.[/QUOTE]

He invented the form of it that he runs. Starting when he was a head coach at small colleges in WV in the early 90s.

There's a reason he had 100s of collge coaches coming to his camps the past few years.

And I hate sticking up for him as I loathe him for the way he left WVU....but the spread you see all over now is his baby. People like Urban Meyer came to his camps and learned it from him and made their own tweaks to it.

And as much as we're down this year, you guys are still getting a beating on October 23! ;)

I wouldn't even say he "invented" the form he runs, but whatever.

I don't think WVU is going to kill us at all. Can they beat us? Sure, MSU almost did. But WVU hasn't seen a D like ours yet, and it's set up to handle spread offenses pretty well. We'll see in October. I never thought I'd say this, but we have to get passed Vandy first!

[quote name='munch']But WVU hasn't seen a D like ours yet, and it's set up to handle spread offenses pretty well. [/QUOTE]

That's what people said about Oklahoma last year. WVU 48- Okla 24. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm just ribbing you. I actually don't like our chances in that game very much. The only reason I have hope is that your offense has been so inept. The new coaches have tweaked our offense to much and it's just not clicking yet. We have two more games that should be easy/tuneups before them, hopefully they can get us on track. And hopefully Pat White's hand injury isn't serious!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='specialk']Pretty pumped about tomorrow, actually going to Gameday.

Go Dores....and a few upsets would be nice:)[/QUOTE]

I saw a thread where Vanderbit people came up with potential signs. The best were:

My Butler went to Auburn

Tony Franklin slept in my backyard last night

WVU wasn't very impressive in beating Rutgers 24-17. But a W is a W I guess. One more tune up against Syracuse next week before we get a real test from Auburn that will be the bellwether on how the rest of the season is likely to play out.

What the crap was that? That was horrible play calling. Franklin needs to go.

I would give it time dmaul, but Auburn's offense has gotten worse and worse with each coming week, and our opponents aren't getting easier. Auburn does have talented players, but I feel the blame is on the coaches.

Go Dores!

Gameday was pretty sweet. Great crowd showed us..as did the Washington State flag.

Game was so different than past games...actually had a Home crowd as opposed to the opponents making it a "home away from home game"..and recovering from plays and making plays that the "SOV" (Same Ol' Vandy) would've collapsed from.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I can't stand the Rodriguez spread offense. It's a Playstation style offense.[/quote]

Wait until he gets his players in there and then Michigan will be putting up Playstation like scores.

[quote name='kill3r7']Wait until he gets his players in there and then Michigan will be putting up Playstation like scores.[/quote]

We'll see, but I doubt it.

Michigan did the same thing Miami did a few years ago. Get rid of a coach that actually was doing well, just to make an unnecessary change that has a high likelyhood of failing.

Vandy is 13th in AP, 14th in USA Today.

Vandy has Mississippi State next week, which isn't a gimme...but with a win next weekend they have a real shot of Top 10...and if there are some good upsets...possibly a good ranking :)

[quote name='specialk']Vandy is 13th in AP, 14th in USA Today.

Vandy has Mississippi State next week, which isn't a gimme...but with a win next weekend they have a real shot of Top 10...and if there are some good upsets...possibly a good ranking :)[/QUOTE]

That game last night was disgusting. Auburn played the worst game I have ever seen them play and they still only lost by 1 point. Trust me, Auburn sucks, and I don't think Vandy is that far ahead of them.

That's not to take anything against Vandy. They came to play. Auburn's offense obviously didn't. And watch out for MSU. Their D is actually really good. They also put up 20 or so on LSU.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']We'll see, but I doubt it.

Michigan did the same thing Miami did a few years ago. Get rid of a coach that actually was doing well, just to make an unnecessary change that has a high likelyhood of failing.[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd love to see him fail as WVU fan, I think he'll do great when he gets players suited to his offense.

He had great offenses at WVU after his first couple of years and it's much easier to recruit skill players to Michigan.

[quote name='munch']Trust me, Auburn sucks, and I don't think Vandy is that far ahead of them.
[/QUOTE]

Now that they lost they suck. Yeah, up until yesterday all the Auburn fan's thought this was going to be a pushover...some admitted it...some didn't but I would be everyone thought..."Yeah it's Vandy, they got lucky a few times but we're about to crush them" and now they lost everyone's saying "Auburn Sucks"...blah blah...believe you me I heard it all yesterday (Sat by 2 Auburn fans). But eh whatever.

And yeah, AU might not have played a great game yesterday (aside from the 2 td's in 1 minute) but I think Vandy's D had something to do with that :)

[quote name='specialk']Now that they lost they suck. Yeah, up until yesterday all the Auburn fan's thought this was going to be a pushover...some admitted it...some didn't but I would be everyone thought..."Yeah it's Vandy, they got lucky a few times but we're about to crush them" and now they lost everyone's saying "Auburn Sucks"...blah blah...believe you me I heard it all yesterday (Sat by 2 Auburn fans). But eh whatever.

And yeah, AU might not have played a great game yesterday (aside from the 2 td's in 1 minute) but I think Vandy's D had something to do with that :)[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I thought Auburn would win, but I believed it would be by a similar score, just the other way. If anyone told you we would win by two touchdowns, then they were delusional (mostly because we're incapable of scoring!)

Any honest Auburn fan knows we aren't good. I mean, watch the first four games. We've averaged 8 points offensively against SEC, or something like that. And I think the problem was Auburn going away from what got them those two touchdowns, not so much Vandy's D. Vandy's D did play well, but Auburn has more talen at every position (except QB. I'm sick of our shitty QB play. This is also the second time that a backup has scorched us. That's terrible.)

I wasn't trying to take away from Vandy's win. Wait, maybe I was. All I'm saying is that Auburn is not a very good team and was overrated at 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back