Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
im not going to be able to make it to gamestop today so i have to get rid of what i got. saints row is the only one of those games i may play again. then again i know it will be dirt cheap real soon.

Just place your trade-in for the games you'd buy at GameStop and buy them tomorrow, and ship them on Monday. You don't have to send the package today - just start the process. That's what I'm doing.

Aw man, I traded in Marvel Ultimate Alliance yesterday and now it's the trade in of the day. Oh well.

Anyways, thanks for all the info.

For Resistance, it shows the Greatest Hits at $6.25 and the non-GH for $2.25. I have the non-GH, does it matter if I choose the GH version?

I looked up MGS 4 out of curiosity and they only have the GH version up there....so I'm assuming I could choose the GH for Resistance and be fine.

I know it is a very low chance to see the announcing of G27 at GamesCon 2009 on August 17-19. But I want to save my 50% code for the surprise. Is code due until 8/31, right?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']For Resistance, it shows the Greatest Hits at $6.25 and the non-GH for $2.25. I have the non-GH, does it matter if I choose the GH version?

I looked up MGS 4 out of curiosity and they only have the GH version up there....so I'm assuming I could choose the GH for Resistance and be fine.[/QUOTE]
If they only show the GH version, it doesn't matter which you pick. However, if they have both versions, you need to pick the one you have or you're likely to have it be rejected. So you need to pick the non-GH one.

[quote name='YodaEXE']If they only show the GH version, it doesn't matter which you pick. However, if they have both versions, you need to pick the one you have or you're likely to have it be rejected. So you need to pick the non-GH one.[/QUOTE]
are you sure about that? they used to have forza 2 greatest hits and regular. now they just have greatest hits. i would easily trade the regular in for the $7 but it used to be $1.

[quote name='deathb10w']are you sure about that? they used to have forza 2 greatest hits and regular. now they just have greatest hits. i would easily trade the regular in for the $7 but it used to be $1.[/QUOTE]
I remember it being discussed in the last thread. If they only show one version of the game, it doesn't matter what you send in. If they have separate ones, you need to pick the version that matches what you're planning on sending in.

Does anyone think there is a problem with mailing the games to the 25 Church Street Hudson, MA address?

I was kinda paranoid about the Media Mail and sent it with Delivery Confirmation to that address. Anyone else do this instead of the 43 Broad Street Address?

I mean, it's the address their going to anyways.

Well, update on the Logitech G25 situation. Just got an email response which basically said to check over the requirements again and email them back. Well I did and emailed them about the 50% off and the 10% off and how others are having this same problem whereas applying the two coupons to a similar item, (i.e. Madcatz TE Arcade Stick) goes through without a hitch. Hopefully both go through. Now I don't know if this was a response to my initial email or my phone call, hopefully just my initial email.

I'll update later on the status. BTW, I believe the price of the G25 is slowly trickling down as we speak. It was $212.xx yesterday, now it's $211.xx.

Heres what I'm thinking, shit on me if you think its a waste.

COD:MW2 $30 - $30 = $20 left

Get $10 coups

JVC X700 $40 - $20 = Pay $20 for great headphones.

Theoretically pay $10 for them...

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Does anyone think there is a problem with mailing the games to the 25 Church Street Hudson, MA address?

I was kinda paranoid about the Media Mail and sent it with Delivery Confirmation to that address. Anyone else do this instead of the 43 Broad Street Address?

I mean, it's the address their going to anyways.[/QUOTE]

I sent it to the MA address with success and there havent been any other complaints so you are good to go.

I have two games out of 9 that have HWV fake cases. Should I be worried if I sent them in? It would just put me below 50 bucks if they reject both of them.

^ My god, there's a reason why a FAQ is present on the first post. It's to answer these kinds of questions.

It's all about luck if you don't have the original case or original manual. Some get accepted, some don't.

Anyway, it's been 6 days on my first order and 3 on my second and still no confirmation of arrival. Though I am probably one of the farthest from MA (Cali ): ) so I'll probably start worrying around Tuesday.

[quote name='Sexbomb']I sent it to the MA address with success and there havent been any other complaints so you are good to go.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, I guess needed to clear that out of my head.

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/17/09**

Here are some popular choices for the current 50% off coupon. Many items on sale, click on the link to see the latest price
[/QUOTE]
Why not include the Playseats? Not sure if they're all eligible but I think at least one of them is.

[quote name='J7.']Why not include the Playseats? Not sure if they're all eligible but I think at least one of them is.[/QUOTE]

nope they are not eligible. i dont know which one you think works because i tried 2 of them and they dont work.

[quote name='whymustiregister']I had a trade locked from last Saturday for 2x :ps3: Dead Space (when it was the TIotD) and 1x :ps2: Up. Changed Up to 0 and DS to 7, trade-in value for DS remained $22.50. :) Shipping it out today.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Changing it from 2 to 7!?

I was just hoping to change my Prince of Persia on one order from 1 to 2. But then I realized I had submitted another order with 2 in it, but in that one I used 1 Star Wars Force Unleashed instead of 2. That only dropped 50 cents, though, so I'm going to wait to see what the new trade-in promo is before I mess with anything. If it is halfway decent I may even remove the Star Wars Force Unleashed from the other order and just make that other order for the stuff that dropped a ton (it would just be for extra credit as I've already gotten the 50% off coupon).

I did submit a trade on my wife's account which has the same address of course. I figured it was worth a shot to see if we get another 50% off code. It seems kind of half-assed to me that you can submit them for girlfiriends or parents or whatever just because you have a different address to use but two married adults can't each get their own code. But whatever... If it doesn't work she has a little extra Amazon credit to spend that we obtained at a discount anyway. The problem is I was so busy last week I didn't really pay attention to the trade-in requirements. I had traded everything complete before but two of the games I sent in for her are missing manuals. We'll see what happens I guess. If they want to pay to send them back then oh well (unfortunately one is Mirror's Edge which will be useless by the time I get it back in 3 weeks or whatever (1-2 weeks there, 1-2 weeks back with the way this crap works).

I have a question though. We've heard a lot of people say they had stuff rejected because it was cracked or damaged and in nearly every case those people swore the games were near mint. It has been quite a while for some of those. It seems we've never heard any follow-up on those cases. Have you guys not gotten them back yet?

I would like headphones for gaming on PS3. Are the Turtle Beach X4's the best with the 50% off?

What I'm really looking for most is a headset that can plug into the back of 360/PS3 or at least the TV so I can play loud without disturbing others. 5.1 would be nice. Chatting on PS3 would be nice too. What makes X4 better than X3 or others?

Are there better eligible 50% headphones that aren't suggested just because they don't allow chatting in game?

[quote name='J7.']I would like headphones for gaming on PS3. Are the Turtle Beach X4's the best with the 50% off?

What I'm really looking for most is a headset that can plug into the back of 360/PS3 or at least the TV so I can play loud without disturbing others. 5.1 would be nice. Chatting on PS3 would be nice too. What makes X4 better than X3 or others?

Are there better eligible 50% headphones that aren't suggested just because they don't allow chatting in game?[/QUOTE]
The X4 won't allow you to chat on the PS3. That bit will only work on the 360. The audio in general will work just fine on either. You can either use an optical cable to connect them, or just the standard red/white cables. I plan on ordering myself a set of the X4's once my credit shows up.

[quote name='YodaEXE']The X4 won't allow you to chat on the PS3. That bit will only work on the 360. The audio in general will work just fine on either. You can either use an optical cable to connect them, or just the standard red/white cables. I plan on ordering myself a set of the X4's once my credit shows up.[/QUOTE]
The optical on the headset can go directly into the 360 or PS3 optical out? And it has a red/white cable on the same cable for hooking to TVs? What do you think of this headset I think is eligible for 50% http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247951129&sr=1-3

The times taken for media mail are really wacky.

So I had one set take nearly 2 weeks. I just sent another in on Monday and it is already near there. Here's the DC:

Your item was processed through and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on July 18, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, July 18, 2009, 11:58 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152
Acceptance, July 13, 2009, 2:08 pm, **my undisclosed West Coast location**

The last one went through the Federal Way, WA processing facility first, and then through the Springfield. MA one. It seems they sent this one pretty quickly (Mon-Fri) straight to MA. However, last time it didn't take too much longer to get there. The problem was it went out for delivery, then came back to the processing center, then back out again. That process took another whole week - so even if you live in MA this could happen to you as it actually 99% of the way there pretty quickly and then they futzed around with it. We'll see how this one goes. This was just a small trade I made of some BBV games (about $30 total just to pad the account ;)). I also sent in a single game in padded envelope at the same time (one copy of My Fitness Coach from GS when it was the trade-in deal of the day). I didn't get DC on that one so it will be interesting to see if it gets there the same time as the other package.

[quote name='J7.']I would like headphones for gaming on PS3. Are the Turtle Beach X4's the best with the 50% off?

Are there better eligible 50% headphones that aren't suggested just because they don't allow chatting in game?[/QUOTE]

Here's a nice link. I clicked on VideoGames, PS3, Accessories, Seller: Amazon, and then sorted by price from High to Low. Maybe you will find something here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...=-price&ie=UTF8&qid=1247952185&rnid=345754011

There's a 160gb hard drive for $90 that is interesting. Will it take out backwards compatibility? I have a Metal Gear 80gb Bundle which has software emulation.

[quote name='J7.']The optical on the headset can go directly into the 360 or PS3 optical out? And it has a red/white cable on the same cable for hooking to TVs? What do you think of this headset I think is eligible for 50% http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247951129&sr=1-3[/QUOTE]
The receiver unit has an optical jack that will allow you to connect to either the 360 or PS3 (just not both at the same time). Yes, you can use the optical out built into the PS3 or the optical out that is on the 360 video cable. You can also plug in red/white cables from either device or from an audio out on your TV/receiver/whatever. Look at the pictures on Amazon and the Turtle Beach website. They explain things pretty well.

In regards to that headset that you linked, that's only for a PC, but seems nice enough.

This may have been covered but I didn't see it in the FAQ: what if they show a game as a "Platinum Hits" version but you have the original. Are they interchangeable? I seem to remember reading that they had to match exactly but didn't know if it mattered on titles like these.

[quote name='robbrism']This may have been covered but I didn't see it in the FAQ: what if they show a game as a "Platinum Hits" version but you have the original. Are they interchangeable? I seem to remember reading that they had to match exactly but didn't know if it mattered on titles like these.[/QUOTE]

From the 1st Post

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

Question. I have a pre-order down for a PSP Go using the $75 off a console coupon from the last deal. I'm having second thoughts about it tho. If I cancel that preorder, will I lose the coupon or will I be able to use it on something else?

I just finished placing my order ($70 TIV). I've never done this before and basically am doing this now just for the COD:MW2 Prestige Edition. I live in Las Vegas and really want this whole trade in process to go quickly so should I use the Media Mail or just mail it to the 25 Church Street address?

Btw, for those who have mailed it to the 25 Church Street address are you using Priority mail with Delivery confirmation?

Is there anything really wrong with using the prepaid delivery stuff? Does Media Mail tend to get lost or take a long time or something?

[quote name='Lock1454']Is there anything really wrong with using the prepaid delivery stuff? Does Media Mail tend to get lost or take a long time or something?[/QUOTE]

It takes a long time (also known as snail mail) and you can usually add on delivery conformation for $1. I figure their computers must track the package.

I'm just outside of Boston, so hopefully the close vicinity would make a snail have a pretty decent showing at the races :p

That is of course unless the snail decides to visit Miami before heading into Hudson (which is understandable, I hear it's lovely this time of year).

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']I just finished placing my order ($70 TIV). I've never done this before and basically am doing this now just for the COD:MW2 Prestige Edition. I live in Las Vegas and really want this whole trade in process to go quickly so should I use the Media Mail or just mail it to the 25 Church Street address?

Btw, for those who have mailed it to the 25 Church Street address are you using Priority mail with Delivery confirmation?[/QUOTE]
I mailed it to the Church street address via 2 day Priority Mail.

I think you may be SOL if you placed the trade in order today. The offer expired today. So you had to lock in the trade in yesterday.

I could be wrong since it's still on their website.

All I want is quality (preferably 5.1) headphones that will connect to optical and red/white. I heard the X4's are way overpriced and chatting is the only reason to consider them, and I don't need them for chat.

[quote name='Japakneez']Here's a nice link. I clicked on VideoGames, PS3, Accessories, Seller: Amazon, and then sorted by price from High to Low. Maybe you will find something here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_6_1?rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A!11846801%2Cn%3A14210751%2Cn%3A14210671%2Cp_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER&bbn=14210671&sort=-price&ie=UTF8&qid=1247952185&rnid=345754011
[/QUOTE]
Ya, I've checked out all the headsets in the video game department and there was only one for PS3 that doesn't come out until mid August, it's a turtle beach but they don't give much info at all. http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Force-Gam...7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247957233&sr=1-17

[quote name='YodaEXE']The receiver unit has an optical jack that will allow you to connect to either the 360 or PS3 (just not both at the same time). Yes, you can use the optical out built into the PS3 or the optical out that is on the 360 video cable. You can also plug in red/white cables from either device or from an audio out on your TV/receiver/whatever. Look at the pictures on Amazon and the Turtle Beach website. They explain things pretty well.[/QUOTE]
You don't need some sort of amplifier like a stereo, I can connect them directly to 360 or a TV and the sound will be loud?

I've narrowed down headsets people might want to these. I still need to visit Turtle Beach website to learn more.

Beyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphone (too expensive for me, not sure what that analog allows connections for)

Ear Force X4 Dolby Digital Wireless (Headphones) (Not sure if its worth the cost above the X3 or X1)

Sennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headset (look like may be PC only, though Amazon lists them as PS2)

Ear Force X3 Headset: Chat + Wireless Game Audio, for Xbox 360 (don't know how good they are compared to X4)

Creative Labs 51EF0210AA003 Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset with Sound Blaster X-Fi Technology (Black)

Ear Force P21 Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3 (Not out till mid August, they don't tell its connections)

TekNmotion Pulsar SX PC Gaming Headphone (Supposedly these will work with PS3 dont know how... maybe through its "The Pulsar SX supports both 7.1 channel virtual surround sound using a USB 2.0 connector and 2.1 channel stereo sound using a standard 3.5-millimeter audio plug."
Pretty awesome for only $60.

Ear Force X1 Stereo Headset with Chat (looks nice and cheap, not sure about the connections)

These are not eligible for the 50% off but they really seem like they may be better than others above for gaming on consoles including the X4.

TRITTON AXPRO True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset for XBOX, PS3 and PC Gaming.

Tritton AX360 True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I mailed it to the Church street address via 2 day Priority Mail.

I think you may be SOL if you placed the trade in order today. The offer expired today. So you had to lock in the trade in yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll mail it Priority to the Church st. address.

Hmm, I think today is the deadline for the deal since all items must be postmarked by July 25 which is the 7 day cut off starting today. So I think midnight tonight would be the expiration date. I hope lol.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I mailed it to the Church street address via 2 day Priority Mail.

I think you may be SOL if you placed the trade in order today. The offer expired today. So you had to lock in the trade in yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Me (and others as well) have speculated that the deal is still live until 12 pm (EST?) tonight. They are still advertising the deal as well. I just sent in my order, as did my girlfriend. I sure do hope you are wrong. ;)

Ps. Dear Amazon, for rejecting my Bioshock without a manual and causing my first package to be under $50, you shall receive multiple copies of Ben 10 and MLB 2k9. :evil:

[quote name='Japakneez']You can increase quantities and still keep your original TIV's even after they dropped! Even on Trade-In of the day. Damn thats nice.

Wish i knew about that yesterday :bomb:[/QUOTE]

As do I, but thanks a million for pointing this out.

Now do I take the time peel off the crappy Gamestop stickers with Goo Gone? I would just leave them on there, but GS has stickers covering up the barcode =\

Finally have my order together, just looking around to see if I can find any other games/movies to trade in that I know won't do me any good just collecting dust.

Having grabbed a Left for Dead(non GOTY) for $12.48 figured i'd check Amazon. it is up to $19. I think I'll still hold onto it.

I know some of these are duplicates to previously mentioned, but here are GS-Amazon flips I have found.

All factor 10% Edge Discount + B2G1, ratio at the end

Wii Ben 10 Alien Force 10.79-->13.25 1.23
Wii MLB 2K9 10.79-->13.00 1.20
PS2 Singstar Pop Vol2 10.79-->12.25 1.13
X360 Oblivion GOTY 10.79-->12.00 1.11
X360 MLB 2K9 11.39-->12.00 1.05

I'd love to find a way to easily flip high quantity to Amazon, but all of these are too minimal of a profit in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back