Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
How odd - I was looking at availability of Super Mario Galaxy at GS and it actually says if ordered online they will come complete!

"This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual. "
"This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions. "
"This is an internet price that is not valid at local stores, while supplies last. "

That's great and all but it is online only which makes it useless for Amazon. I just thought that was remarkable GS is selling things with a completeness guarantee - there's a first for everything I guess!

But converse, I have to wonder if that is a true flip for Amazon then, since the regular used price is $39.99. The $24.99 pricing (which gives you $14.99 after Edge + B2G1) is an online only promotion (the one that is guaranteed to be complete - funny, you can pay more for what might be a disc-only copy though!). It is also currently sold out.

[quote name='io']
But converse, I have to wonder if that is a true flip for Amazon then, since the regular used price is $39.99. The $24.99 pricing (which gives you $14.99 after Edge + B2G1) is an online only promotion (the one that is guaranteed to be complete - funny, you can pay more for what might be a disc-only copy though!). It is also currently sold out.[/QUOTE]

That's my fault for a lack of research. Since I wasn't going to pursue it as a flip I didn't dig in further, so you are right SMG is not a good flip. Thanks for the follow-through.

[quote name='disillusion386']I also made changes to the 1st and 2nd posts of the thread. Please let me know if I've missed anything else.

When I find the time today or tomorrow, I'll update the Flips post more thoroughly.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this in the other thread, but the 120GB hard drive for the 360's been $135 at Amazon for a little while now. (Guess what I want to order with my 50%-off coupon code?) The Amazon link follows the spoiler quote from the OP (Japakneez's update from the 17th also has the wrong price, but I love the fight-stick posts, Jkz!)....

Here are some popular choices for the current 50% off coupon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japakneez View Post
$160 120gb Hard Drive

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-120G..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247255885&sr=1-1

[quote name='Lock1454']Is there anything really wrong with using the prepaid delivery stuff? Does Media Mail tend to get lost or take a long time or something?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong at all with prepaid delivery labels, and there's nothing really wrong with Media Mail either. Yes, it's the slowest form of mail, but I do a lot of Ebay and because the amount of mail in general is decreasing, Media has been MUCH faster over the last 12-18 months than ever before...very fast turnaround times compared to what it used to be.

Unless you are in a hurry I would absolutely take advantage of the prepaid Amazon shipping. Why spend more money than you need to? Again, you might hear a horror story here and there, but I can tell you for a fact in 10 years and hundreds of Ebay packages I've shipped Media, not one was ever lost in the mail, and most got to their destinations in 1-2 weeks (the really bad over 14-days scenarios doesn't happen these days). Never had a problem with prepaid shipping labels either.

The reason most might be talking about shipping Priority on their own here is because this particular promo is ending and some may want to get their packages there quicker.

Urgh ... one of my Persona 4's was rejected for missing the bonus disc. Did anybody who traded in Persona 4 to Amazon get rejected because of this?

If I submitted by trade-ins on July 18th do I still get the promo? The website says before July 18th, and then in the details it says during the promo period. So do I still get the coupon?

Anyone have any idea how to remove the gift card balance from an order and still keep the ECA discount? Anytime I switch from gift card balance to my credit card it takes a way the ECA discount and vice-versa.

Details coming soon :)

Get a $30 Video Game Store Credit

Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.

[quote name='chuckywang']Urgh ... one of my Persona 4's was rejected for missing the bonus disc. Did anybody who traded in Persona 4 to Amazon get rejected because of this?[/QUOTE]

Yes I sent in 2 and I guess thats the reason they rejected mine too... stupid gamestop games.

[quote name='chuckywang']Urgh ... one of my Persona 4's was rejected for missing the bonus disc. Did anybody who traded in Persona 4 to Amazon get rejected because of this?[/QUOTE]

I shipped my order on July 1, 2009 and they STILL have not received it. I traded in Persona 4 as well, but they were both brand new and I didn't care for the Soundtrack CD. However, if they both get rejected for missing the CDs, then you'll know why :bomb:

looks like i will be sitting this one out. not worth trading for only 30 more bucks. besides i need to pile on more games since i sent about half my collection for the previous 2 offers. now if amazon will allow the g25 to work for the promo i will be happy

[quote name='lakers2008']looks like i will be sitting this one out. not worth trading for only 30 more bucks. besides i need to pile on more games since i sent about half my collection for the previous 2 offers. now if amazon will allow the g25 to work for the promo i will be happy[/QUOTE]

Was your collection big? I had a big collection of games I wanted to trade in, mostly games I'll never touch again and games I didn't like, and with Amazon's TiV I would have only gotten around $120 or $130, since some games didn't have manuals or proper covers. Even if I had bought the $300 Ion drums with 50% off (total of $280 saved money), it still wouldn't have been a better deal then GS trade in of 50%(with Edge) of 6 or more games. I got $300+ at GS for them.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Was your collection big? I had a big collection of games I wanted to trade in, mostly games I'll never touch again and games I didn't like, and with Amazon's TiV I would have only gotten around $120 or $130, since some games didn't have manuals or proper covers. Even if I had bought the $300 Ion drums with 50% off (total of $280 saved money), it still wouldn't have been a better deal then GS trade in of 50%(with Edge) of 6 or more games. I got $300+ at GS for them.[/QUOTE]

You are correct but the trick is to jump on chances to move that gamestop credit to Amazon with one to one flips when you can find them. This current promotion looks promising because it's one per order not one per household. Meaning it appears you can get as many discounts as as you can find 60 plus trade-in values. Also it seems to me my money goes farther with amazon than GS especially with the ECA 10% and them pricing games at 5% to 10% cheaper than most retailers and there frequent game deals ( see infamous for $44.99). As you see I like amazon :D

[quote name='Commander0Zero']You are correct but the trick is to jump on chances to move that gamestop credit to Amazon with one to one flips when you can find them. This current promotion looks promising because it's one per order not one per household. Meaning it appears you can get as many discounts as as you can find 60 plus trade-in values. Also it seems to me my money goes farther with amazon than GS especially with the ECA 10% and them pricing games at 5% to 10% cheaper than most retailers and there frequent game deals ( see infamous for $44.99). As you see I like amazon :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Amazon deals are great. To me, the great wild card with Amazon is being able to spend the money on anything Amazon carries. I don't have much of a problem finding even flips. I use the gift card mostly on groceries and things I'd need to buy anyway and have the $30 off.

Madden 10 with ECA discount plus $10 gift card included in purchase plus $30 off brings the grand total to $11.29. :applause:

the new promo kinds sucks, although when you think about it 50% off on let's say beatles rock band bundle is a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say.

I hope something good comes up again in the future. I picked up SW:KOTOR II and I yesterday. I'm gonna delete KOTOR II from my current trade in deal since I'll still have $54 after taking that out and just submit it by itself for $23.50 since its the trade in of the day.

I hope all my stuff goes smoothly. I have 3 orders for 3 50% coupons, all the games are complete and not scratched at all, so they should be accepted. Now I need to find one more box as the ones I have only hold 4 games max and I need one that holds 6.

Thank god you cags didn't steal my filler items from gamestop. I had to use 3 MLB 2k9 and 2 mirror's edge to get 3 complete $50 orders. Oh and found a nice oblivion collectors edition for me to keep for myself.

I still don't see the new deal but there is a new trade-in deal of the day:

Xbox Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II for $23.50
Xbox Star Wars Battlefront II for $14.50

And :lol:, neither are available at any GS within 100 miles of me! I do own both games but my kids actually still play SW BF II and I intended to play KOTOR II myself some day.

I'd definitely put together a trade for $30 bonus credit. I want to make sure this is a go, though, before I start messing with the 2 trades I submitted last week (but haven't mailed yet). I can pull all the games that didn't drop much (or at all) from the normal trades and put them towards this.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']the new promo kinds sucks, although when you think about it 50% off on let's say beatles rock band bundle is a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say.

I hope something good comes up again in the future. I picked up SW:KOTOR II and I yesterday. I'm gonna delete KOTOR II from my current trade in deal since I'll still have $54 after taking that out and just submit it by itself for $23.50 since its the trade in of the day.

I hope all my stuff goes smoothly. I have 3 orders for 3 50% coupons, all the games are complete and not scratched at all, so they should be accepted. Now I need to find one more box as the ones I have only hold 4 games max and I need one that holds 6.

Thank god you cags didn't steal my filler items from gamestop. I had to use 3 MLB 2k9 and 2 mirror's edge to get 3 complete $50 orders. Oh and found a nice oblivion collectors edition for me to keep for myself.[/QUOTE]

3 50% coupons!!! You the man!!! I screwed up getting a second discount by not locking in my values on 2k9 and mirriors edge. doh!!!

[quote name='Wazzup36']Anyone have any idea how to remove the gift card balance from an order and still keep the ECA discount? Anytime I switch from gift card balance to my credit card it takes a way the ECA discount and vice-versa.[/QUOTE]

Someone helped me with this just last week. Pre-order something that isn't coming out for a while, using your gift card balance. Then order whatever it is you're trying to use the ECA discount on. After that order goes through, you can cancel the first one & get your gift card balance back. Worked very well for me. :)

I have updated the 1st and 2nd posts. If you can find 3x Star Wars KOTOR 2 at GS, you can pull off a massive flip ($39 --> $70.50 in credit + $30 off next video game purchase)

So the price for the non GOTY L4D just dropped to $15 tiv. Not the 50% profit anymore from target clearance, but might still be worth it.

In other news: I know this is a gamer forum, but does anyone know any good movie/tv dvd flips for Amazon too? I know it wont apply towards the current promo (which btw, where does it say that on Amazon? Can we get a link?), but I think a movie/tv flip is worth it if I can get at least a 25% return on the TIV.

Remember that every november Amazon has a promo with coinstar where if you give $40, you get a $50 gc. I've been saving some money on the side for that for a while now as I want to go NUTS on black friday this year, but if and when I can find deals like this where I get at least a 25% return, I can just start storing GC now!

[quote name='disillusion386']I have updated the 1st and 2nd posts. If you can find 3x Star Wars KOTOR 2 at GS, you can pull off a massive flip ($39 --> $70.50 in credit + $30 off next video game purchase)[/QUOTE]
Aren't Xbox games marked 25% off? So if you buy 2 it would be $29, plus you get one free. So for $29 you get the $70.50 plus $30 making it $100. That's one good deal lol.

[quote name='saggypockets']Aren't Xbox games marked 25% off? So if you buy 2 it would be $29, plus you get one free. So for $29 you get the $70.50 plus $30 making it $100. That's one good deal lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I left out the B2G1 deal because it's going to be hard to find 3 complete copies of KOTOR2. However, Battlefront2 is also $20 so 2 of KOTOR2 and 1 of Battlefront would also hit the $60 mark.

[quote name='saggypockets']Aren't Xbox games marked 25% off? So if you buy 2 it would be $29, plus you get one free. So for $29 you get the $70.50 plus $30 making it $100. That's one good deal lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the computer will give you both. It's one or the other.

I was going to buy 3 GB games and instead of giving me 1 free, it gave me them all at 75% off because the computer gave me the better deal, but not both.

just got back from gs got some gc stuff:

-Fzero
-GBA gc adapter
-Official Nintendo gc component cables..... the employee apparently did not know they were there and was like wtf =)

$16.99 out the door

[quote name='grumpier']just got back from gs got some gc stuff:

-Fzero
-GBA gc adapter
-Official Nintendo gc component cables..... the employee apparently did not know they were there and was like wtf =)

$16.99 out the door[/QUOTE]

LOL. Wrong thread, I think.

Good thing I haven't sent my games out yet because I just noticed that the CE Resistance 2 I have doesn't have a UPC...guess I'd better go to GS and get a copy that does.

To reach the $50 / $60 limit, all the trades must be in one submission?!?! Anybody know how strict Amazon is with this? For the 50% promotion, I recently mailed off 3 separate transactions, 2 at $22.50 each and the 3rd for $27.50. I thought I would be OK so long as the total of everything sent during the promotion period was $50.

[quote name='dchrisd']To reach the $50 / $60 limit, all the trades must be in one submission?!?! Anybody know how strict Amazon is with this? For the 50% promotion, I recently mailed off 3 separate transactions, 2 at $22.50 each and the 3rd for $27.50. I thought I would be OK so long as the total of everything sent during the promotion period was $50.[/QUOTE]

It has to be all in one submission.

[quote name='dchrisd']To reach the $50 / $60 limit, all the trades must be in one submission?!?! Anybody know how strict Amazon is with this? For the 50% promotion, I recently mailed off 3 separate transactions, 2 at $22.50 each and the 3rd for $27.50. I thought I would be OK so long as the total of everything sent during the promotion period was $50.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know they're fairly strict with it. The total had to be met in 1 submission.

BTW - anyone know if the 50% off coupon has an expiration? I just got mine the other day and wanna know if I have to use it soon, or if I can wait for a decent collector's edition to come around.

Could someone post a link to a picture of the complete cover of the Knights of the Old Republic 2, so I can print it out to send in to Amazon. Thanks

If you get 3 x KOTOR II

Then you get $105.00 in Amazon GC for $39 in GameStop Credit/Cash. This is ridiculous, and I highly suggest people save their orders immediately. Even if you won't be going to GameStop till tomorrow, save a trade-in order with KOTOR II, Battlefront II, KOTOR I and other profitable flips.

$66 = $22 Profit per KOTOR II traded in.

That's just freaking amazing. I'm -so- looting my nearest GameStops for this. (I've been meaning to empty our my $84 GameStop credit for forever. I doubt I can get 6 copies of KOTOR II, but if I can.. -awesome-.)

EDIT: Crud. I screwed up. It's actually 100.50, not 105.00. So you get $61.50/3= $20.50 profit per KOTOR II. It's still great.

this new trade-in deal pretty much blows unless you happen to have the trade-in-of-the-day. Anyway, i'll keep on eye on the TIV and see if i ever find an opening.

[quote name='speedrunner17']If I submitted by trade-ins on July 18th do I still get the promo? The website says before July 18th, and then in the details it says during the promo period. So do I still get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm about to head out, and if I can't get the promo I'm just going to return the games I got from GS.

[quote name='RedGamer']If you get 3 x KOTOR II

Then you get $105.00 in Amazon GC for $39 in GameStop Credit/Cash. This is ridiculous, and I highly suggest people save their orders immediately. Even if you won't be going to GameStop till tomorrow, save a trade-in order with KOTOR II, Battlefront II, KOTOR I and other profitable flips.

$66 = $22 Profit per KOTOR II traded in.

That's just freaking amazing. I'm -so- looting my nearest GameStops for this. (I've been meaning to empty our my $84 GameStop credit for forever. I doubt I can get 6 copies of KOTOR II, but if I can.. -awesome-.)[/QUOTE]

Good luck. Only 2 out of 6 Gamestops around me even sell xbox games. The ones that do only have gutted no manual/covers. YMMV if Amazon accepts games without cover/manual.

Lots near me that don't have it. Damn. I got 2 KOTOR2 from HWV so might jump on this. Not as good as 50% off but some collector's edition could mean free.

[quote name='Sexbomb']Aww this is gonna be bitch to get a flip together.[/QUOTE]

Yea from the Gamestop flip list, only Ben 10 for the Wii is the only game left I see that is flippable. Keeping a list for Amazon trade values is rather pointless. Perhaps someone from Amazon is monitoring the list who knows.

[quote name='disillusion386']

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.[/QUOTE]

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but for anyone who's curious, I traded in 10 copies of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena in one order and they were all accepted.
*flame suit on*

Ok, if I'm sounding too cheap here, let me know. Like i stated earlier, I JUST sent in a $63 order that they just received, so what're the odds of Amazon working with me on this one?

Two stores near me have KOTOR II, so I'm hoping one of them has a 2nd copy for my 3-Set...

There's no BattleFront II's near me -at- all. Like 80 miles away or farther. I -really- want to get some Amazon credit ready for Black Friday. Black Friday this year, even in harsh economic times, I'm guessing will be one of the best yet.

I just see so many good deals going as every retailer tries to compete.

yeah good luck finding KOTOR 1 or 2 complete. I checked like 9 stores and nothing and if you do find it, it won't be complete. I actually have a copy of both games but I'm going to hold on to them. Also why did no one keep their complete games when trading xbox games into game stop seems odd all these incomplete games.

DesertLeo, Amazon Customer Service is usually very helpful in these cases.

But if you sent them in, wouldn't you be getting the 50% off a game/accessory coupon?

That's worth more than this $30 GC. And if you don't feel like buying any CE/LE's/Headsets, you could likely find someone to sell the coupon to for $50. (Considering they can save $125 on RB:Beatles or $75 on Prestige Edition MW2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back