CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='handsome_bitch']A few small flips. One Piece Grand Battle gets you $6.75 and you can buy it from gamestop for 4.99. Black and Brusied ps2 gets you 9 amazon and cost 3 at gamestop. Spray Wii gets you 6.75 amazon and is 3.99 at gamestop. nothing to yell off the rooftops but hey, better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Just a question, is there a fast way people use to compare prices between gamestop and amazon like what you did? I tried to compare before, but there are so many games and its easy to miss the flips.

[quote name='mkernan']Motherfer! I had also mailed off Fable 3 for $41 and just got notified that it was deemed to be damaged. It better not be..... it was in mint condition and packed pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Every day I get closer and closer to offering to handle a class action suit against Noram and Amazon for this kind of nonsense.

Just got my credit for ODST and Blazblue:CT. In the process of shipping Fallout 3:GOTY and a few textbooks to them. If all goes smoothy with these next transactions, ill have $120 in credit. My only problem after that is what to do with it. :)

[quote name='cheapskake']Just a question, is there a fast way people use to compare prices between gamestop and amazon like what you did? I tried to compare before, but there are so many games and its easy to miss the flips.[/QUOTE]

Always been curious about this also. I would have to guess (and hope) that the way I've always done (basically having two windows open comparing the two stores) it is not the best.

Oh, man. I'm looking at a bunch of my past trade-ins near the $10 range, and they've all gone up in value within the past two months. I've missed out on about a total of $14 by trading in early!

Garfield Nightmare DS trades in to Amazon for $15 and is $13 at Gamestop. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight DS gets $19.50 Amazon and is $18 at Gamestop. I was able to find 2 of kamen and one of garfield. im going to buy them friday during there buy 2 get 1 sale. so thats a $15 increase. im only $267 short to get my kids a kinect bundle.

So far all of my trades I sent in last week have been accepted no problem. A few more got there Friday with no credit yet. We'll see how those go.

The guitar hero I sent was from a bundle ... whatever. A upc is what determines whether you can trade a game in or not? Ridiculous. Now I have to check every time.

Haha, thanks to ploppsdman for the advice! They didn't take my ME 2 because it was damaged (it was NOT, just normal wear and tear/very minor scratches) or my R6: Vegas (same story). Total value was only $14 but it still pissed me off. Only thing I can think of is that ME 2 was from BlockBuster and had a number written on the back of the case. I should try and resent it in another case and see what they do with it.

Anyway, from ploppsdman's advice I wrote in and complained and they gave me a $10 credit! Not as good as $14, sure, but it's still something.

It's been ages since Amazon offered a coupon deal, I wonder if they wont offer anything for the holidays since their trade in of the day is going so well for them

Sent in CoD: Black Ops, Sims 3, and Force Unleashed 2 on Tuesday, they received it yesterday morning.

Hopefully they accept them all and I don't end up with another Super Mario Galaxy 2 headache. I would be getting just over $100 worth of credit which I intend to use on their Black Friday/Cyber Monday week sales.

Has anyone successfully sent in games via priority mail? I usually use their UPS service but I was hoping to get some games to them in time for Black Friday.

[quote name='JKSonic'] Only thing I can think of is that ME 2 was from BlockBuster and had a number written on the back of the case. I should try and resent it in another case and see what they do with it.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that is the reason. They are very picky about that sort of thing. I had some Blockbuster games that had numbers written ON the discs - just "101" written very small with a sharpie on the label side. They rejected them because of that and that alone (there was no other "damage" and they took all the other games I sent that weren't like that). Gazelle took them no problem, though, unfortunately, they aren't really a good option any more.

io, I had two copies of Borderlands goty returned due to missing items. Do you think the dlc paper with the 4 codes count? I've already copied the codes! I guess the poster map was needed (wanted to keep them :cool:) so will include that this time.

Also how do I go about resubmitting? I already have 3 copies "submitted". One was by mistake :bomb: while the other two have just been returned. Also the tiv dropped several dollars (more :bomb:)! I read a post here that a CAG was somehow able to get the difference when they resubmitted (basically original tiv)

uncharted went from 9.50 to 11.00 tiv. wish i wasnt late to tru when they were back up to 30...
oh i traded my borderlands goty edition just case and disk at tru for 32.55 a week or so ago. woot all that dlc for $7.50 was a deal.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']io, I had two copies of Borderlands goty returned due to missing items. Do you think the dlc paper with the 4 codes count? I've already copied the codes! I guess the poster map was needed (wanted to keep them :cool:) so will include that this time.

Also how do I go about resubmitting? I already have 3 copies "submitted". One was by mistake :bomb: while the other two have just been returned. Also the tiv dropped several dollars (more :bomb:)! I read a post here that a CAG was somehow able to get the difference when they resubmitted (basically original tiv)[/QUOTE]

I just contacted Amazon customer support and asked for the difference since mine were returned with nothing wrong with them. I have no idea about the DLC codes. It could very well be the map though. I sent in some game a while ago (Farcry maybe?) and it didn't have a map. I didn't even know there was one because I had bought it used. Of course they didn't tell me what was wrong besides "missing item" but I went back to Blockbuster and saw that other copies had the map so I asked for one. When I sent it back in with that they accepted it. I just had to make a new trade submission of course. But since Amazon gave me the difference (since it dropped) it all worked out in the end.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Bah I hope they hurry up and credit my account for the games, I want to buy some of the sale stuff with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't need it ASAP (still running on lots of trade credit from before) but it is a bit unusual of them to have a delay like this. They got some of my stuff last Thursday and Friday and no credit for those yet...

traded NBA 2k11 for 35.

Although, I traded in my copy of DJ Hero, but apparently they did not accept it because it came bundled with the turntable. My fault for not noticing beforehand..

[quote name='io']I just contacted Amazon customer support and asked for the difference since mine were returned with nothing wrong with them. I have no idea about the DLC codes. It could very well be the map though. I sent in some game a while ago (Farcry maybe?) and it didn't have a map. I didn't even know there was one because I had bought it used. Of course they didn't tell me what was wrong besides "missing item" but I went back to Blockbuster and saw that other copies had the map so I asked for one. When I sent it back in with that they accepted it. I just had to make a new trade submission of course. But since Amazon gave me the difference (since it dropped) it all worked out in the end.[/quote]

I sent in Borderlands GOTY without the map or DLC codes and they were all accepted. I've also sent in stuff that was complete and they were returned. It's just Noram being Noram

yeah like the saints row collections, lol. sometimes they just dont accept your stuff if they dont wanna pay out the tiv that you had locked in. noram fail, oh well

for you experts out there, how do you overcome the "not for resale" dilemma? IIRC, someone said you could just print the cover art with UPC and send it along with the game. Is this true? Anyone tried this or something similar?

[quote name='backseatdog']for you experts out there, how do you overcome the "not for resale" dilemma? IIRC, someone said you could just print the cover art with UPC and send it along with the game. Is this true? Anyone tried this or something similar?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just print out a new UPC. I've done this a few times already

[quote name='io']I just contacted Amazon customer support and asked for the difference since mine were returned with nothing wrong with them. I have no idea about the DLC codes. It could very well be the map though. I sent in some game a while ago (Farcry maybe?) and it didn't have a map. I didn't even know there was one because I had bought it used. Of course they didn't tell me what was wrong besides "missing item" but I went back to Blockbuster and saw that other copies had the map so I asked for one. When I sent it back in with that they accepted it. I just had to make a new trade submission of course. But since Amazon gave me the difference (since it dropped) it all worked out in the end.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to call up cs and explain that 1.) nothing was missing (but include the map this time) and 2.) how do I resubmit since I already have 3 submissions of the game (one never sent in due to mistake and two returned)

[quote name='kataztrophik']I sent in Borderlands GOTY without the map or DLC codes and they were all accepted. I've also sent in stuff that was complete and they were returned. It's just Noram being Noram[/QUOTE]

those bastards. when did you submit and was it 360 version?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']
those bastards. when did you submit and was it 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Ummm not sure exactly when, like a week and a half ago. It was the 360 version.

Another flawless trade in for me. $24 for GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City. I ended up making $9 after getting GTA IV Complete for $15 with the Kmart Black Ops deal.

[quote name='dino88']Another flawless trade in for me. $24 for GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City. I ended up making $9 after getting GTA IV Complete for $15 with the Kmart Black Ops deal.[/QUOTE]

When did they receive it? I still haven't gotten credit for games they got on Thurs and Fri... That is very unusual for them unless they were just taking the whole week off (but if you just got credit, well, then that didn't happen!).

Sorry for the question, but I'm slow on the uptake this morning and the FAQ is stumping me.

When the deadline says mail by Nov 23. Does it mean it has to be scanned by UPS on the 22nd, or can I still hand it to them today (11/23/2010)?

Thank you.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Sorry for the question, but I'm slow on the uptake this morning and the FAQ is stumping me.

When the deadline says mail by Nov 23. Does it mean it has to be scanned by UPS on the 22nd, or can I still hand it to them today (11/23/2010)?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I've shipped the day of without a problem in the past. In fact, I'm going to be shipping out today as well (after locking in the value on the 16th).

Check your trade-in confirmation email, under the section: "Packing and shipping your trade-in":
"Remember to send your trade-in with a postmark no later than November 23, 2010. Trade-ins with a postmark after this date may be returned to you."

Thank you very much ragingst0rm6 for pointing out that part of the email confirmation. I didn't realize it was there. :oops: Can't get any clearer than that.

The panic set in when I saw on my Amazon trade account that the deadline had passed, but I remembered it being by a certain date. Relieved I can still bring it to UPS today.

[quote name='io']When did they receive it? I still haven't gotten credit for games they got on Thurs and Fri... That is very unusual for them unless they were just taking the whole week off (but if you just got credit, well, then that didn't happen!).[/QUOTE]

They didn't receive my order until late Friday and I was just credited yesterday afternoon. Hopefully you get your credit today.

[quote name='dino88']They didn't receive my order until late Friday and I was just credited yesterday afternoon. Hopefully you get your credit today.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I did!

so my trade in was delivered early yesterday morning, but its still saying not delivered. about how long should that take?

[quote name='y2jasper']so my trade in was delivered early yesterday morning, but its still saying not delivered. about how long should that take?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me once. If it still says it hasn't been delivered by noon tomorrow, I'd contact CS via live chat. The CS said they'd need a couple of days to contact the dock workers to figure out what had happened, but I got my credit by the end of the next day.

I am not 100% sure if I am supposed to post good trade in deals here at all if not I apologize, but this seemed like a weird trade in to me.

Trinity Universe currently has a $60.50 trade in(http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-Unive...UJCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290576320&sr=8-1). This game is available at gamestop for $40 (ymmv, but most people I have talked to who care about NIS games have said they have seen at least one copy in their local gamestop)

I assume though if it's some sort of typo on amazon's part they just won't accept your game though (not sure as I am not an amazon trade in veteran)

I have a question for anyone who has received a "damaged - item return" status on one of their games. I sent off Black Ops in perfect condition and received an email today saying it was being returned because it was damaged. How did your game look when you received it back in the mail? I'm hoping the case just got cracked during shipping and it's something I can easily replace and send back in.

Too bad I missed the Trinity Universe high price. I almost bought that game the other day and know where there is a mint used one at GS.

[quote name='y2jasper']so my trade in was delivered early yesterday morning, but its still saying not delivered. about how long should that take?[/QUOTE]

If it is saying not delivered how do you know it was delivered? If you mean UPS trackign shows delivery but you haven't received your credit yet, then you could have simply looked up a few posts from yours and seen what happened with me and a few others: delivery last Thursday or Friday and credit on Tuesday. If it has only been one day I wouldn't worry about it. With the holiday coming up you may not get your credit till next Monday or Tuesday even.

[quote name='io']Too bad I missed the Trinity Universe high price. I almost bought that game the other day and know where there is a mint used one at GS.

If it is saying not delivered how do you know it was delivered? If you mean UPS trackign shows delivery but you haven't received your credit yet, then you could have simply looked up a few posts from yours and seen what happened with me and a few others: delivery last Thursday or Friday and credit on Tuesday. If it has only been one day I wouldn't worry about it. With the holiday coming up you may not get your credit till next Monday or Tuesday even.[/QUOTE]

lol i had only thought it was weird because using the tracking from amazons site (which uses ups site i supposed) showed delivered. but the status of the trade in was still not yet delivered, for almost 48 hours after it was dropped off. but i got the credit earlier today so its all good!

Thanks zulux21 for the heads up on trinity universe. I didn't get in on the $60 trade in, but got it for $56. Used the B2G1 from my local gamestop stores to pickup 3 copies of it to trade in.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I have a question for anyone who has received a "damaged - item return" status on one of their games. I sent off Black Ops in perfect condition and received an email today saying it was being returned because it was damaged. How did your game look when you received it back in the mail? I'm hoping the case just got cracked during shipping and it's something I can easily replace and send back in.[/QUOTE]

Wow, exact same situation here. Sent my copy away more than a week ago in near-perfect condition and got the same "damaged item-return" status today in their trade-in confirmation e-mail. Smells like some bullcrap right here cause I locked the price in at $41 TIV and traded it 2 days later. I definitely will post an update on how they return it, and if it came back all broken, I've got pictures to prove to Amazon the game was fine pre-shipping. Sadly, I will probably resubmit the game for the slightly lower TIV in the end...

My stuff arrived early Tuesday (1am) and I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation they have got it yet. Is that normal? I was planning on doing some Black Friday deals and saving some money but not I can't. Sad since I shipped this 1+ week ago.

[quote name='shogun316']Wow, exact same situation here. Sent my copy away more than a week ago in near-perfect condition and got the same "damaged item-return" status today in their trade-in confirmation e-mail. Smells like some bullcrap right here cause I locked the price in at $41 TIV and traded it 2 days later. I definitely will post an update on how they return it, and if it came back all broken, I've got pictures to prove to Amazon the game was fine pre-shipping. Sadly, I will probably resubmit the game for the slightly lower TIV in the end...[/QUOTE]
Same with me. Except it was halo reach with a tiv of $36. Game was in like new condition when i sent it in. Seem like the company in charge of trade-ins does this every time the price drops. I just contacted amazon thru live chat and got my $36 in promotional credit.

I dunno guys.. I got my TIV of $33.25 for Enslaved(x2) after it had already dropped under 20...

not sure why so many people are having issues(not saying it isn't happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back