Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Japakneez']HOLLYWOOD VIDEO?
Anyone trade-in games with the Hollywood Video cover art? How did it go?

The back of the cover art usually has game instructions. But the barcode is the same as the regular cover art so im thinking they will be accepted.[/QUOTE]
I think I remember reading about at least one person who was able to get a HWV cover art game accepted, but also at least one who did not. It's probably ymmv like the others though more of a probably not.

[quote name='io']These people, even when told what they'd get with the bonus promo, still want the much smaller amount of cash. I always figure in that case they are stolen or something because if they truly played all the games they brought in you'd think they'd want twice as much in credit vs cash to get other games.

Though I suppose some people may view Gamestop credit as somewhat worthless (even if they are being stupid about it and going and buying Madden 10 at Target for $59.99 because of a $5 gift card or something lame like that instead of taking the extra credit at GS and getting it there). last year before I bought my HDTV from there in Dec ;).
[/QUOTE]
I think some people just really need the cash at times. I bet a lot use it to help pay bills, etc.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']Amazon keeps automatically trying to apply my trade in credit. Is there a way to deactivate this feature until I am ready to use it? Any help is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Try clearing your cookies/history. Let us know if that works

edit: Oh wait youre talking about your trade-in credit. I got that confused with the Promo Codes. When you are checking out look at your 'Order Summary' tab on the far right. Right below it is a section that says 'Payment Method'. You will want to click on the 'Change' button.

Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream
browse-icon-wii._V25578762_.gif
Nintendo Wii

Trade-in Value: $26.00

Trade in of the day

[quote name='Japakneez']Try clearing your cookies/history. Let us know if that works

edit: Oh wait youre talking about your trade-in credit. I got that confused with the Promo Codes. When you are checking out look at your 'Order Summary' tab on the far right. Right below it is a section that says 'Payment Method'. You will want to click on the 'Change' button.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the tip. It worked, it removed all of my promotions and trade in credit. However, when I went to preorder a game and I entered an ECA code it automatically applied the ECA code along with my trade in credit once again. I was hoping to preorder with just the ECA code and not dip into my trade in credit. I might just have to call Amazon customer service.

Wow - I was upset at myself for missing it when it was $16.50 (it dropped to $11 and then back up to $13 before today). I had it locked in at $13 and was considering sending it in too - I think I'll do $26 instead ;).

I'm debating if I want to try to GameFly Endless Ocean. I have some of those loyalty coupons, etc., so it'd be an even better flip for me. But it has to get to me within 7 days. Generally their shipping has been good to my home address though, so I might cross my fingers and hope for the $10 flip to work out for me...

Does anyone know what EO's normal trade-in value is on Amazon.com? Just out of curiosity...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']I'm debating if I want to try to GameFly Endless Ocean. I have some of those loyalty coupons, etc., so it'd be an even better flip for me. But it has to get to me within 7 days. Generally their shipping has been good to my home address though, so I might cross my fingers and hope for the $10 flip to work out for me...

Does anyone know what EO's normal trade-in value is on Amazon.com? Just out of curiosity...[/QUOTE]

it used to be $13 according to the trade harvest (http://tradeharvest.x10hosting.com/) which hasn't updated yet.

Or you could have looked at the post right before yours Tux ;). Like I said it was $16.50 a few weeks ago, then dropped to around $11 (maybe $11.25). It crept back up to $13 the last few days. I keep adding it to my trade submissions just in case, but never ended up using it - till now that is!

hey, I have 2 50% codes. Want to use one for MW2 prestige. But the 2nd, I only want $60 games. So I'd be willing to trade it for some $30 codes, if they can be traded.

how much would one 50% code be worth?

I want to preorder borderlands and B:RB(game only)

Of course if borderlands comes out with a CE, I might keep both codes.

I'm hoping to find a few Endless Oceans today. Keeping fingers crossed, with coupons in hand. For coupon, see the GS ad/coupon thread (and it's 25% off 2 to 4 used games - pick up a 99 cent game if you need to.)

Does the Trade of the Day ever expire before the day is over? Like, if they had too many people trade the game in?

[quote name='Cuksis']Does the Trade of the Day ever expire before the day is over? Like, if they had too many people trade the game in?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, although the price for the trade in has dropped before.

FYI, if you're looking for a filler item or just want to transfer credit from GS, Rock Band Unplugged (PSP) is a decent flip now. $24.99 used, $16.24+tax after coupon and edge. Trades-in for $16.50.

Changes for today, nothing much besides the two DOTD...

Wii Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream $13.00 $26.00 $13.00
PS2 Drakengard 2 $1.25 $5.25 $4.00
PS2 Teen Titans $2.50 $4.50 $2.00
X360 Prey $0.00 $1.50 $1.50
X360 Dead or Alive 4 $4.00 $5.25 $1.25
PS2 Red Ninja End of Honor $2.25 $3.50 $1.25
Wii Ninjabread Man $0.00 $1.25 $1.25
GC Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 $1.00 $2.00 $1.00
PS2 Fighter Maker 2 $1.50 $2.50 $1.00
PS2 God of War 2 $4.00 $5.00 $1.00
PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma $5.00 $6.00 $1.00
X360 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent $2.25 $3.00 $0.75
GC Teen Titans $1.50 $2.25 $0.75
X360 Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion $5.00 $5.25 $0.25
PS3 Resistance: Fall of Man $6.00 $3.25 $(2.75)
PS2 Ico $31.00 $15.00 $(16.00)

Endless Ocean is my first decent flip with Amazon (everything else I've traded in has been games I already had and had finished). I had to drop my girlfriend off at work this morning, and there were 2 GameStops and 1 GameCrazy in the immediate area, all of which had used copies of Endless Ocean. Grabbed all three without even having to go out of my way to do so.

I picked up a copy of Endless Ocean to flip today. It has instructions and case, but the case is the original insert in a black PS2-style plastic case instead of a white Wii case. Has anyone sent a game in like that before? Will Amazon give me a problem with that, or should I swap it into one of my Wii white cases?

[quote name='Vortextk']The coupon is still for 2+ items though so I'll need to get something else cheap if I grab endless ocean at gs today?[/QUOTE]
Yep. Just grab a cheap sports game (try Madden 2003 for Gamecube, it's $0.99).

Man I hope they're not strict on how the coupon looks, I guess we really need a new printer. The words come out fuzzy and you can read them, but you have to REALLY try. Oddly enough, as with my last amazon shipment that I printed out, the barcode looks pristine as if it knows it better do something right or I'm trashing it.

[quote name='thunderclap8']I picked up a copy of Endless Ocean to flip today. It has instructions and case, but the case is the original insert in a black PS2-style plastic case instead of a white Wii case. Has anyone sent a game in like that before? Will Amazon give me a problem with that, or should I swap it into one of my Wii white cases?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't risk it - get a white case.

Traded in...

Endless Ocean x2
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

$74+$30=$104 everything in Great/Complete Condition, once I get my credit, I will def buy Modern Warfare 2 Presteige edition

Hell yes - maybe it just takes 4 days or so after cleaning up the recommendations but my Amazon Gold Box picks are ALL video games today (7 of them)! I don't have exactly what I want in there (Demon'S Souls, NSMB, Metroid Other M, SMG 2 preorders) but I can pick between Persona and Dissidia (as I only have one $30 off code now). I'm thinking Persona, but I'm not sure... I'll definitely get one or the other before day's end though. It would be easier if I got my second $30 code (games accepted early Tues AM hopefully the code gets here tonight or tomorrow at least).

[quote name='Vortextk']Man I hope they're not strict on how the coupon looks, I guess we really need a new printer. The words come out fuzzy and you can read them, but you have to REALLY try. Oddly enough, as with my last amazon shipment that I printed out, the barcode looks pristine as if it knows it better do something right or I'm trashing it.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the .pdf that I posted...The GS coupons are low resolution .jpg files that I resize, they get more fuzzy once I do that. Also don't use Page Scaling - Shrink to Printable Area in Adobe Reader, that will make it look even worse.

Frustrating...I had a couple Gamestops listed with Endless Ocean, but neither had them. I actually found 2 copies at Blockbuster for $13, but they didn't have the manual. I didn't want to chance it. Would have been a great flip. I did find a copy of NHL 09 for 360 in Target Clearance for $15. That's a 1 to 1 flip right now.

[quote name='irfaan.hafeez']i got the confirmation email saying the trade ins were received... how long till i get the gift card?[/QUOTE]

You should have your gift card credits now. Go to your account and select "View Gift Certificate/Card Balance". If you qualified for a coupon code, that should follow 2 or so days later.

For me, I've gotten my coupon code the second morning after I'm notified that my trade-ins were accepted-- like clockwork.

[quote name='io']Hell yes - maybe it just takes 4 days or so after cleaning up the recommendations but my Amazon Gold Box picks are ALL video games today (7 of them)! I don't have exactly what I want in there (Demon'S Souls, NSMB, Metroid Other M, SMG 2 preorders) but I can pick between Persona and Dissidia (as I only have one $30 off code now). I'm thinking Persona, but I'm not sure... I'll definitely get one or the other before day's end though. It would be easier if I got my second $30 code (games accepted early Tues AM hopefully the code gets here tonight or tomorrow at least).[/QUOTE]

I just did the same. Hopefully, in a few days I will stop getting 5 different text books as quick picks!

[quote name='irfaan.hafeez']i got the confirmation email saying the trade ins were received... how long till i get the gift card?[/QUOTE]

I really wish people with these types of questions would read the OP....it has basically everything covered, for every possible situation....It's Your Friend...

Answer: It can take up to 10 days to receive promotional codes.

Endless ocean is 26.99 at GS now, price drop of 3 bucks? Was barely under 20 bucks for it and a 2$ xbox game(figure I might as well get something cheap I might actually want versus madden) with the coupon and edge.

No manual, hopefully I can fix that once I go to work though.(If not..I guess return to gamestop, rather than chance it getting rejected and past 7 day return at GS)

I checked but of course no one near had one. Blockbuster's price is 14.99 new or used on endless ocean, so make a phone call and have your store check the inventory listing of the near stores to see if they have any copies available.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I really wish people with these types of questions would read the OP....it has basically everything covered, for every possible situation....It's Your Friend...

Answer: It can take up to 10 days to receive promotional codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Z(+)diac..

has anyone shipped something after 7 days? i ask because last saturday i took advantage of the game deal of the week (3 copies virtua tennis 09 for $18 after ECA) and set up a trade in too (at that time it was $17.50 trade in) and shipped with free 2 day shipping...but i just got an email that Amazon is only now about to ship the item because of some sort of delays. since its 2 day shipping it shouldn't be a problem but still a little worried

[quote name='y2jasper']has anyone shipped something after 7 days? i ask because last saturday i took advantage of the game deal of the week (3 copies virtua tennis 09 for $18 after ECA) and set up a trade in too (at that time it was $17.50 trade in) and shipped with free 2 day shipping...but i just got an email that Amazon is only now about to ship the item because of some sort of delays. since its 2 day shipping it shouldn't be a problem but still a little worried[/QUOTE]

Based on the rules of the promotion, Amazon does not have to give you the quoted trade-in value if you ship the items after the initial 7 days. This does not necessarily mean Amazon won't make exceptions, but you'll probably have to do a little sweet-talking for it to be.

Take the chance and see if it pays off I guess.

Just making sure here, as Amazon's wording is funky: You can get the $30 extra on MULTIPLE trade-ins, right? So if I make two separate $60 trades, I'll get the extra $30 on each, right?

Thanks guys. :)

[quote name='WilliamG']Just making sure here, as Amazon's wording is funky: You can get the $30 extra on MULTIPLE trade-ins, right? So if I make two separate $60 trades, I'll get the extra $30 on each, right?

Thanks guys. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, others have confirmed this. As for myself, I just had my second $30 promo trade accepted Tuesday AM and I'm still waiting for my second promo code - hopefully tonight/tomorrow AM based on the time it's taken for my other promo codes.

Yes you can get multiple coupons. Careful if you're right at 60$ on multiple trade-ins, one game being rejected will put you under.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Based on the rules of the promotion, Amazon does not have to give you the quoted trade-in value if you ship the items after the initial 7 days. This does not necessarily mean Amazon won't make exceptions, but you'll probably have to do a little sweet-talking for it to be.

Take the chance and see if it pays off I guess.[/QUOTE]

What I was wondering about this is whether there really is a post mark ever put on the box? I know that if I buy DC they put the 80 cent sticker on there and that has a date. In fact, another reason I do buy the DC is to make sure it is postmarked in time since shipping from my location takes so long. However, if you just drop it off with the postage due media label and don't add anything to it I'm not sure it gets clocked in in any way. So chances are you could slip it by if it is mailed just after the expiration - especially if you live closer to MA and shipping doesn't normally take really long. But YMMV of course - it could be that they are postmarked at some point and they do check these. We've not had a single report of anyone having trades rejected for being too late, though. But that may just be because everyone mails them in on time ;).

So I think with how fickle the Gold Box picks are I'm going to go with Persona PSP as my first use of the $30 promo code. Normal discounted preorder price is $36.99. It's in my Gold Box for $35.14. ECA brings it to $31.44. If I apply my one and only $30 promo code I get it for a whopping $1.44 in Amazon credit (of which I have plenty now). Not bad ;).

Of course I'll be kicking myself if Demons Souls or NSMB Wii shows up in my Gold Box tomorrow and I don't have my next $30 promo code yet. But probably I should jump on these while I can... I have a feeling these promo codes are going to make me buy a bunch of stuff I would normally have held off on - I'm sure Persona will end up clearance fodder like FF I/II, Star Ocean, and most other PSP games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually io, the package (no matter whether you use USPS, UPS, Fedex) is stamped from the store/depot it originates from. Think of letters you mail, when they are received by the local sorting facility they are stamped, hence the postmark. The same with these packages, they are clearly marked upon the day they are received and sent.

But as I suggested, if it's a day (I think two days is pushing it) I don't see why you couldn't talk to Amazon about them accepting your trade.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Actually io, the package (no matter whether you use USPS, UPS, Fedex) is stamped from the store/depot it originates from. Think of letters you mail, when they are received by the local sorting facility they are stamped, hence the postmark. The same with these packages, they are clearly marked upon the day they are received and sent.

But as I suggested, if it's a day (I think two days is pushing it) I don't see why you couldn't talk to Amazon about them accepting your trade.[/QUOTE]

Stamped by the receiving PO or by the sorting facility though? They don't hit the sorting facility (where most media mail goes through) until a few days after mailing (at least according to the DC).

It just seems to me they take my packages and toss them into a big bin of stuff that is to be sent out. I never see them stamp anything (though, of course, they could do so in the back).

But I'm also basing this on packages I've gotten with pre-paid PayPal shipping labels. These are never stamped with an actual mailing date by the PO - so I don't think they stamp everything that is prepaid unless it is with stamps (though postage due might be different). What they do with letters is moot since dealing with postage stamps is a completely different process.

I'm thinking if you're not gonna get the trade-in in time you could maybe ship it yourself through Paypal Multiorder Shipping. You could figure out the weight ahead of time (generally 7 ounces per game) and then ship it once the games arrive. You'd have to pay a little more out of pocket, but I'm pretty sure it would work if you're in danger of losing a high trade-in value. I've never seen the pre-printed labels with a stamp on them.

My Persona PSP order:

Subtotal of Items: $36.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$1.85
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.70
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total: $1.44
Gift Cards: -$1.44
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

Niiiiice!

I can't speak specifically for Media Mail packages, but they are indeed scanned and postmarked before the initial shipment to the final destination. I'm almost certain that your local sorting facility scans (hence the barcode on the prepaid label) the package before sending it off.

Again, if you want to confirm this, call up your local post office ;)

Is anyone else petrified that Amazon will stop offering these promotions after this one, or in the near future? All I know is, if they keep this up, I'm certain the only reason I'll be visiting my local GS is to purchase and flip to Amazon :p

Question: So I managed to nab two Endless Oceans for today's flip. I purchased one separately at one store, and purchased the other with another game (used the 25% off) at another. I just realized I want to return the other game and exchange it for another. Anyone know if I'd be able to return all 3 to one GS, than repurchase the two Endless Oceans and the other game (3 games in total) using the 25% off coupon?

I assume I could, but it just seems more complicated than I would like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back