Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up one copy of Endless Ocean and a copy of Persona 3 FES from GS. I found another EO at a different GS but it had no manual so I didn't get it. The copy of EO I got has a somewhat mangled case (some of the sleeve plastic is crunched up, for lack of a better way to describe it, but otherwise it's very nice.) I hope they don't reject it for that. I'm going to stop at one or two more GS's after work to get at least one more copy of EO for the trade-in to make it to $60+ again. This will be my third trade-in for the $30 coupons that I've done, and the first to make a decent profit in the process (not counting the coupon, which obviously makes it better still.)

One of my previous two trade-ins was accepted today. I'm now waiting for the coupon for it, and for my other trade-in to be accepted. They were sent the same day from the same post office, so hopefully I hear about it soon.

One definite use for the $30 coupon will be Wii Sports Resort. I'll use a second for Rock Band Beatles Wii (game-only) and the 3rd for either New Super Mario Bros. Wii or The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Ideally I'll get this in my gold box, but I have only limited luck with that thing. Mostly non-video game stuff appears, stuff I don't want.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I can't speak specifically for Media Mail packages, but they are indeed scanned and postmarked before the initial shipment to the final destination. I'm almost certain that your local sorting facility scans (hence the barcode on the prepaid label) the package before sending it off.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but scanning does not equal printing or stamping a post mark on the package. I've never gotten a package with a prepaid PayPal type label that showed me an actual date besides when the seller printed it, which may have little relation to when they mailed it ;). And they can never be sure if the scanned date means you didn't mail it a day or two before (thus I think there is definitely wiggle room if you mail it a day or two late). And that's assuming they have some sort of tracking they can check based on the scan.

Anyway, it will be YMMV no matter what and until someone tries it we're just guessing about a bunch of variables here.

As for the promos, I'm running on the assumption that something better will not be following this one so as a result I'm maximizing my use of this promo while it lasts. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly susprised (and there will always be other games to find to trade in).

I didn't think I was going to get in on this promotion, but Endless Ocean is just too good to pass up. This will also allow me to try and re-trade my title that got rejected from the 50% off promotion. I just hope I can find enough filler to make $60.

how are you guys getting DC on top of the prepaid labels? I been to 2 post offices and talked to five separate workers that are adamant that they can't do it unless it pay for the everything. i even mention my surprise because "the other one" usually lets me do it.

[quote name='enufs8d']how are you guys getting DC on top of the prepaid labels? I been to 2 post offices and talked to five separate workers that are adamant that they can't do it unless it pay for the everything. i even mention my surprise because "the other one" usually lets me do it.[/QUOTE]

They ring it up as media mail, add the DC, then deduct the value of the media mail as "Customer Postage". You pay a total of 80 cents. The guys at my PO have it down pat now ;).

[quote name='enufs8d']how are you guys getting DC on top of the prepaid labels? I been to 2 post offices and talked to five separate workers that are adamant that they can't do it unless it pay for the everything. i even mention my surprise because "the other one" usually lets me do it.[/QUOTE]

According to my post office, there is some other type of pre-paid media mail label where you cannot get tracking information and postal employees are often unaware of the distinction between it and the type Amazon is using for these trade-ins. If I get that same employee again, I'll see if I can get more details from him (regarding the exact types of pre-paid labels) in the hope that others can use it to argue their cause.

I just sent my package media mail. When I was at the post office the clerk asked me what was in the package and I said a mixture of Movies and Video Games. Then the clerk looked at me and said I'm sorry you can't send video games through media mail and that I would have to pay for priority shipping. After a talking to her a little bit she took the package but said that media mail packages are subject to to inspection and they will determine later if the package will be shipped.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Next time I'm just saying they are all DVDs.

[quote name='Seithe']Wow, io, that's a kickass deal on Persona PSP. I may have to bite on that. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Buying the PSP games is awfully fun on this. Paying less than $5 (in gift certificate funds) for brand new games is a very good thing. I'll definitely get preorders on Persona, GT, LBP, and Motorstorm.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I just sent my package media mail. When I was at the post office the clerk asked me what was in the package and I said a mixture of Movies and Video Games. Then the clerk looked at me and said I'm sorry you can't send video games through media mail and that I would have to pay for priority shipping. After a talking to her a little bit she took the package but said that media mail packages are subject to to inspection and they will determine later if the package will be shipped.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Next time I'm just saying they are all DVDs.[/QUOTE]

She's a moron. Video games are perfectly valid for media mail. Honestly - would NorAm/Amazon be able to get away with all these postage due media mail labels for a video game trading program if that were not the case? :lol:

[quote name='antitravolta']Buying the PSP games is awfully fun on this. Paying less than $5 (in gift certificate funds) for brand new games is a very good thing. I'll definitely get preorders on Persona, GT, LBP, and Motorstorm.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I completely forgot about LBP! I haven't seen that in my recommendations though. I think my pruning and rating ended up giving me mostly Japanese RPGs though with a sprinkling of Mario stuff. I'll have to go rate the PS3 LBP to make up for that.

Edit: wow, are they really expecting to charge $49.99 MSRP for LBP PSP? That's insane. But maybe that's a placeholder and it will drop (Amazon has it "on sale" for $41.99). That just totally seems like a game that will be $19.99 in no time, no matter how awesome it is.

I just remembered another game that I must get into my Gold Box and order with the promo: Katamari Forever.

So my list consists of the following: Demon's Souls, LBP PSP, Katamari Forever, NSMB Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, and DQ IX (when it shows up for preorder). I'm sure a few more things will catch my eye as well. Like I need more new games to play - I really should just stop all this and play the ones I have ;).

I found another couple decent GS flip to combine with Endless Ocean. Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels sells used for $18.99 and trades in for $16.50. With Edge and the Coupon this comes to $12.35. Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009 sells used for $24.99. With Edge and the Coupon its $16.25 and trades to amazon for $15.50.

EO, Lightsaber Duels, Rock Band Unplugged Jillian for $62 in GS credit = $74 in amazon credit and a $30 game coupon. Not a bad lunch hour trip.

Managed to catch my GS before they shipped out two mint used copies of Endless Ocean to the warehouse along with their last copy. Flipped all three for a $56 profit.

[quote name='y2jasper']has anyone shipped something after 7 days? i ask because last saturday i took advantage of the game deal of the week (3 copies virtua tennis 09 for $18 after ECA) and set up a trade in too (at that time it was $17.50 trade in) and shipped with free 2 day shipping...but i just got an email that Amazon is only now about to ship the item because of some sort of delays. since its 2 day shipping it shouldn't be a problem but still a little worried[/QUOTE]

I know there's discussion regarding shipping times, but if you're concerned, you could always buy new copies of Virtua Tennis somewhere else and return the shipped ones with the receipt later.

Saints Row 2 has tanked from $15.25 to $10 today. Expect that Star Wars game to do the same soon ;).

[quote name='finsfan0210']where do u get the eca membership or is their a thread for that?[/QUOTE]
There is indeed a thread for that (use the search function)
IF you just want to sign up go to:
http://www.theeca.com

Modern Warfare Prestige Edition News:
Also apparently the MW2 Prestige Edition is going to be "very limited" according to an article on IGN. Robert Bowling (Community Manager for Infinity Ward) said that there will not be any around after the initial launch and the company is only going to do 1 production run. Also they are going to be individually numbered but would not comment on exactly how many they are going to make. Just an FYI I guess.

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1010923p1.html

I never got more than a few hours into Endless Ocean. It's one of those games I always wanted to spend more time on but never got around to it. Well hopefully I can pick it up real cheap later on cause $26 is too good to pass up.

Sent in:
Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream $26.00
Terminator Salvation $16.00 (I won this game from Slurpee so don't laugh)
Mario Party DS $10.00
Sonic Rush $3
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! $6.00

For $61 credit + a $30 code if I understood the promotion correctly.
Yay.

August, 13th:
Got an email from Amazon today saying that they received my games and gave me my $61 credit. Exactly one week since I mailed them off.

It's been 15+ days and no 50% coupon. I know I should have received it since I got the coupon from my second package a while back already.

I've called CS multiple times and they say they'll have marketing call me back multiple times. It has not happened - you guessed it - multiple times. Is there anyway to talk directly to marketing or at least a higher authority than just the CS reps?

[quote name='NJMane']There is indeed a thread for that (use the search function)

Also apparently the MW2 Prestige Edition is going to be "very limited" according to an article on IGN. Robert Bowling (Community Manager for Infinity Ward) said that there will not be any around after the initial launch and the company is only going to do 1 production run. Also they are going to be individually numbered but would not comment on exactly how many they are going to make. Just an FYI I guess.

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1010923p1.html[/QUOTE]

I wonder how well it'll sell

[quote name='NJMane']There is indeed a thread for that (use the search function)

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1010923p1.html[/QUOTE]

Now i don't know what to do. I was going to use my 50% off coupon on a 120gb HD for my X360 but now i want the MW2 prestige edition. Does anyone know if you can combine the 50% off coupon with the $30 off coupon and eca discount? I could get the prestige edition for $30 credit and get a $10 gc after everything.

Just received my $30 promotion and I have still yet to use my 50% off promotion. I'll be sending out my copies of SFIV for another $30 credit plus trade in values and my endless ocean copies have yet to go for another $30 credit. Amazon is reatailer of the year even before CAG (Black) Friday!!!!

[quote name='whatup5']Now i don't know what to do. I was going to use my 50% off coupon on a 120gb HD for my X360 but now i want the MW2 prestige edition. Does anyone know if you can combine the 50% off coupon with the $30 off coupon and eca discount? I could get the prestige edition for $30 credit and get a $10 gc after everything.[/QUOTE]

You most certainly can.

Bah. Endless Ocean was more or less a bust. Got one complete copy. Had another copy on hold, but it didn't have the manual...forgot to ask before driving out there. Those were the only two copies at any GS w/in a reasonable driving distance.

I'm just going to send in the one copy.

[quote name='Aysion']It's been 15+ days and no 50% coupon. I know I should have received it since I got the coupon from my second package a while back already.

I've called CS multiple times and they say they'll have marketing call me back multiple times. It has not happened - you guessed it - multiple times. Is there anyway to talk directly to marketing or at least a higher authority than just the CS reps?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue (12 days) and bypassed telephone customer service by sending an email. Got a prompt reply with my code. Make sure you give them the trade no. and make sure you tell them you were told you would be receiving a call that you did not receive.

Picked up 2 endless oceans and a Gardening Mama to get me over $60. Gardening Mama is $17.54 after coupon and trades for 16.50. It is slight loss per copy but my area has run dry of 1:1 filler type games. Getting pretty low of GS credit and am debating how much more I want to transfer.

Hey, I think I got a kind of stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I just picked up nhl 09 at gamestop and I am going to trade it in with some other games. The box for it is in pretty good condition but there are some noticible cuts/deep scratches on the plastic on the outside of the case, now I would just swap the case with another one of my games but there is this NHL silver sticker on the box with some numbers and its not really coming off good. Do you think I need this sticker or would I be ok with just a regular box?

sorry if dumb.

[quote name='watcher0']RE5 is a good flip with Endless Ocean as well as long as you make sure they use their weekly ad price. (+coupon + edge of course)[/QUOTE]

Best of luck getting them to stack it. The system won't do it automatically, IIRC, and I know my store no longer manually adjusts.

I dont suppose anybody is just going to use their 50% off code for a 60$ game? I need a 50% off, not a 30$ coupon code >.

I'd really like to see the TIV snapshots add a column that has the GS used price. And maybe not bother putting up anything that's under $5. Then finding deals would be cake.

[quote name='io']Well, that ended fast: Star Wars Lightsaber Duels is down to $10.[/QUOTE]

LOL. It only takes a couple hours to die :lol:

ahh i see you finally got some games to show up in your gold box. I'm still coming up empty. Hopefully it catches up soon! I just joined ECA

[quote name='io']Well, that ended fast: Star Wars Lightsaber Duels is down to $10.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That didn't take long. It was still $16.50 when I was at the store only two hours ago. That just about all the benefit I was receiving from Endless Ocean. Next time, I guess I'll go through the painful process of submitting the trades in on my phone.

[quote name='OmniscientlyMe']I'd really like to see the TIV snapshots add a column that has the GS used price. And maybe not bother putting up anything that's under $5. Then finding deals would be cake.[/QUOTE]

It's not that simple. GameStop's information isn't as easily parsable as Amazon's is, not to mention I can't make things too easy for flippers now, can I?

Starting soon I'm going to start to keep track of the TIV value history with the one I provided (http://ativ.scurker.com). I'll make a note of it here in this thread once that's finished.

Todays flips were very good. I have 10% tax so here was my flip ratio....

1.21 Star Wars
1.30 Endless Ocean

Star wars was a really good one. Looks like the price dropped on Tuesday. Gamestop also dropped Halo Wars down to $35. It trades for $21. It isn't a 1:1 but kinda close. Please remember to submit a quantity of 1. High quantities will kill the TIV just like Saints Row 2 and Star Wars did. You can adjust the quantity up later.

[quote name='kojubat']I know there's discussion regarding shipping times, but if you're concerned, you could always buy new copies of Virtua Tennis somewhere else and return the shipped ones with the receipt later.[/QUOTE]

Well I have until Saturday to ship it out, and a few hours ago finally got an email saying they shipped it out, and apparently it should arrive tomorrow, but even if it takes an extra day it'll be good, so dont have to worry too much anymore ;)

Back on topic, I went to two GS today and got 3 copies of Endless Ocean and 1 Professor Layton (couldn't find a complete copy of better flips, but I'm ok with a $3 loss when I get almost $60 in profit after extra $30).

With all the trade ins I've done in the last few weeks I'm down to only $20 in GS credit, and the new trade in promo isn't really worth taking advantage of, might have to stop flipping for a while

[quote name='sauron07']I found another couple decent GS flip to combine with Endless Ocean. Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels sells used for $18.99 and trades in for $16.50. With Edge and the Coupon this comes to $12.35. Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009 sells used for $24.99. With Edge and the Coupon its $16.25 and trades to amazon for $15.50.

EO, Lightsaber Duels, Rock Band Unplugged Jillian for $62 in GS credit = $74 in amazon credit and a $30 game coupon. Not a bad lunch hour trip.[/QUOTE]

man i guess i have to check this thread hourly now for good flips =(

[quote name='Brother Daz']I sent in my games on the 27th and am still waiting, does it really take 14 buisness days like their FAQ says is can take?TIA[/QUOTE]

I sent mine out on the 27th as well. I live in NorCal though so I'm pretty much as far as you can get using media mail.

my post office won't allow me to add DC on it either, no matter what I tell them.

Ugh, that literally dropped from the time I left my house to the time I picked it up at the Gamestop down the street. That really grinds my gears. :bomb:

bought 7 Saints Row 2's and didn't lock em in. It's pretty much not worth it because they will just send them back because of the Hollywood Video cases anyway. I freakin left 7 more copies at hollywood video. I guess its a good thing I didn't kunai all 14. I felt bad enough already.

[quote name='BigAT']Is there any cheap deal on acquiring an Edge card or is in-store the only way to go?[/QUOTE]

It's a flat price...$15 annual fee...

Sorta like the ECA discount I guess, it would only be worth it if you plan to purchase quite a bit from GS in the coming year.

Wish I would've read this in the faq:
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games. LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Question, based on the above. If I had submitted a trade for one Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels and an Endless Ocean, I could've upped the quantity at a later time? Or better yet, submit multiple trades with both in, and adjust the quantities to get $60, would've worked?

[quote name='lukewin']Wish I would've read this in the faq:

Question, based on the above. If I had submitted a trade for one Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels and an Endless Ocean, I could've upped the quantity at a later time? Or better yet, submit multiple trades with both in, and adjust the quantities to get $60, would've worked?
[/QUOTE]

Exactly...once you submitted a trade-in, you can always change the quantity of ONLY THE GAMES you submitted a trade for. So let's say you submitted one Endless Ocean and 1 Clone Wars. Before you mail your trade-in, you could add another Endless Ocean or Clone Wars, or several.

I have 2 important questions for my trade in before I send them out. Don't know if they will accept them. I have 1 game where cover art does not say Wii on its binder, and another case where it does not say Wii above the disc holder:

Do any Wii games normally not say "Wii" on the binder part of their case where only the title is?

Do any Wii games normally have different cases that don't say "Wii" indented right above where the disc goes?

[quote name='J7.']I have 2 important questions for my trade in before I send them out. Don't know if they will accept them. I have 1 game where cover art does not say Wii on its binder, and another case where it does not say Wii above the disc holder:

Do any Wii games normally not say "Wii" on the binder part of their case where only the title is?

Do any Wii games normally have different cases that don't say "Wii" indented right above where the disc goes?[/QUOTE]

I have submitted wii and 360 games in black cases. I have submitted older xbox games in clear cases. It really isn't the case that matters, its the barcode from the cover art that is most important. I would rate it higher than having the game manual. Cases change anyway.

The only case rejections i have heard of are when the case is broken or cracked.

[quote name='Japakneez']I have submitted wii and 360 games in black cases. I have submitted older xbox games in clear cases. It really isn't the case that matters, its the barcode from the cover art that is most important. I would rate it higher than having the game manual. Cases change anyway.

The only case rejections i have heard of are when the case is broken or cracked.[/QUOTE]
That sounds good. It's a Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum, does have barcode. Anyone else pick that up to flip? Anyone pick up a Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels? That's the one without a Wii indented above its disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back