Official Battlefield 4 PS4 Thread!

BF4 is buggy for pretty much most people, doubt its your PS4. I've not really been able to play online this weekend as it was too buggy

I haven't had any crashes online except once since all of the updates. I could be either or as far as game or system. But I would say it's more likely it's the game.

I still crash at least once a day. Those crashes aren't limited to Operation Locker. Seems to be laggier than usual lately, though that may be the Christmas rush. 

I'm actually able to play multiple rounds now with no crashes. The lag seems to be hit or miss and I think a lot of times depends on where server is located

My main problem is when I play with one of my friends and we are in a ps party when I boot up Battlefield 4 it doesn't let me get pass the opening movie whenever I push a button nothing registers, this is only when me and my friend are in a party if we are not in a party we can join each others game but we rather talk in private. Any one else have this problem sometimes?

are you joining his games off of the psn menu or the battlefield menu. I think if you join off of psn I think it tries to take into their game directly.

are you joining his games off of the psn menu or the battlefield menu. I think if you join off of psn I think it tries to take into their game directly.
I don't think it puts you on their team though. Getting everyone on the same side is practically impossible.

[quote name="John" post="11406452" timestamp="1388597110"]I don't think it puts you on their team though. Getting everyone on the same side is practically impossible.[/quote]

Yeah it's one thing they need to bring back to make teaming up easier. Half the time you will get on wrong team and will have to wait until a spot opens up.

I don't think it puts you on their team though. Getting everyone on the same side is practically impossible.
it tries to, it depends on a couple of things, if you have it checkmarked to auto switch you to a friends team and the other depends on how balanced the teams are.

Try this: join a  game/have friend join a game by filtering the servers.

Instead of quick match, browse the servers with the filters checked with 0-10 open slots

join/friend join and then you join the match

then quickly as you can, click option button, go to switch teams if hes on other team or find him in the squad, and switch to the squad

if its full squad, then find a squad with open slots

hope thatll help

Is anyone playing today that is premium for double xp? If so I'll be on for a couple of hours around 7EST if anyone wants to squad up.

I usually can't get on until 8:30pm Central time. So if anyone is on during that time, don't be afraid to hit me up.

PSN: IwillKILLurGOD

Server update from yesterday.

R18 Server Update Notes
-Compatibility updates for the Jan 13 PC game update
-Enabled Live Scoreboard for all game servers
-Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
-Fixes for five server crashes

New patch(PS4)that came out today.

-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
-Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to get better at using the sniper riffle but it's tough, I am trying to unlock each weapon and so far sniper rifles are tough to get used to

They need to delete that last patch. They really broke the game. I had a round where I was killed by five people with zero health. Also had several matches where I unloaded half an rfb clip in someone only to get shot by three bullets from something like an mx4 and die.

They need to delete that last patch. They really broke the game. I had a round where I was killed by five people with zero health. Also had several matches where I unloaded half an rfb clip in someone only to get shot by three bullets from something like an mx4 and die.
^This. I played some over the weekend. The game is a complete mess at this point. People are running around with zero health while I unloaded an entire clip at them. Also, at least in my experience the servers are still unstable. They crashed twice in the span of 30 min. I think I'll take a break from the game and and revisit in a couple of months to see if they worked out the kinks.

At this point, I think it's safe to say BF4 is FUBARed. The game is fantastic when it works but the problem is that it never seems to work.

In my experiences with the new patch it worked well for the most part, except the zero health issue, which I ran into quite a few times. Still no crashes so good on that front.

On a positive note, I have the Astro a50s the older ones and the sound on them are good, but still to bass heavy, I downloaded the patch for the Battlefield versions for them and it worked for the non bf4 a50s! The BF4 special eq is excellent and better imo when compared to the pro eq on the standard a50s. I just have to try them with some other games.

Just a heads up, if you are premium there is a double xp even starting today and runs through tomorrow.

I might have to hop on for a few. If you guys seem me on dont hesitate to ask about rolling together!

Well, I hit the single player save glitch it would seem. Luckily I had already finished campaign and saw 2 of the 3 endings. I went back this morning to wrap up the other ending and get the "see all 3 endings" trophy but all of my progress was gone. Oh well, I've moved on to multiplayer anyway.

sorry to hear that. I was thinking of doing the same to get the rest of the unlocks. maybe ill upload my save to the cloud and turn off auto save to cloud afterwards.

yeah it's a shame.Personally, I wish they would stop with the single player campaigns.

DICE needs to take their time and refocus and get it right out of the gate next time or there might not be a next Battlefield game. Unless they don't fix this game and Battlefield is done.

The weird part is I played the campaign off and on over the span of about a week and a half with no problem whatsoever. The only thing I didn't do during that time was play multiplayer but as soon as I started on multiplayer my single player progress was gone the next day. It almost makes me wonder if the glitch somehow happens only when switching between single and multi.

yeah it's a shame.Personally, I wish they would stop with the single player campaigns.

DICE needs to take their time and refocus and get it right out of the gate next time or there might not be a next Battlefield game. Unless they don't fix this game and Battlefield is done.
I will say there was some pretty interesting stuff in the campaign but they clearly lost any momentum about 2/3rds of the way through and just said "ah hell, let's just end it here." The last mission in particular is probably the worst of all of them in terms of being just plain bland.

I am really starting to enjoy multiplayer though despite the fact I'm not very good at it so at least I don't feel like I wasted my money on it (besides I only paid a little over $30 on amazon warehouse deals and I got an unused China Rising download with it so I actually got a pretty darn good deal anyway).

Does anyone know if this is a sure fire way for the single player to work: Only play single player, close the game before re-starting the game again for playing multiplayer and you should be good? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't find it anymore.

Well it looks like we might be getting our fixes very soon here.

Also there is a tweak to some vehicles.

Upcoming Game Update
We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change.) This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live.

Upcoming Gameplay Balancing
We are actively looking for your feedback on a couple of core gameplay balancing items. Head to this Battlefield Blog post [blogs.battlefield.com] to make your voice heard. In the upcoming weeks, we will also share a large number of balancing tweaks that we are making to Battlefield 4 in future updates, including changes to DMR performance, anti-air, and more.

BF4 Multiplayer Experience
We are looking to improve a number of items to further enhance the overall multiplayer experience. We will share more details on this in February. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback on items that you have helped us identify.

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.

Remember to check back in the Battlefield Blog during the week for more confirmed tweaks that we have planned for Battlefield 4. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Not truly the "big one" we are waiting for. But it's a start. The last patch actually made things worse IMO. But I'll try it out later tonight to see how it is. I'm sure there will be lots of dmr use! lol

Jan 30 PS4 Game Update Notes

This update is mainly designed to prepare the game for the upcoming release of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 Second Assault. We will announce the release date for this expansion pack later.

DMR Balance Tweaks
-Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Other items
-Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
-Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
-Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
-Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
-Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
-Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
-Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering "false" or "true" in the chat window
-Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
-Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
-Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
-Various minor crash fixes

How about letting us squad up already DICE! 

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-player-appreciation-month/ 

To thank you for your dedication and support, I’d like to announce the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. Starting on Saturday, February 1, DICE is saying THANK YOU to all players by hosting a month filled with fun community missions and daily giveaways that you get just for jumping into a match.

We appreciate all of the great feedback you continue to provide about all aspects of Battlefield 4. We take this very seriously, and hearing directly from you has helped to make the experience better. The latest information on our game updates can always be found in the BF4 Control Room, including a few new additions that I’m pleased to say are coming soon. First, we are further improving a number of items commonly referred to as “netcode”. This will tighten the overall multiplayer experience, and we will be able to share these items with you in detail soon. In February, we’re also re-introducing the fan favorite feature Platoons in its first iteration. In this added social layer, you can team up with your friends to create your own social space and accumulate stats together. We’re also working on other feature additions that you’ve been asking for – stay tuned for more.

Now, let me walk you through some of the initiatives that we will be launching during Player Appreciation Month. We will have more announcements to make in the upcoming weeks, but below are some of the highlights.

packs2.png

A Battlepack a Day
Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack. For those of you who haven’t started opening your earned packs yet, these Battlepacks contain bonuses like XP Boosts and soldier camos. Normally, it would take approximately 30 hours gameplay to earn that many packs. Every day that you log a multiplayer game during the month of February, you will receive a new Battlepack. During weekdays, these will be Bronze, and during Saturdays and Sundays we will give away Silver Battlepacks. Remember to activate your earned XP boosts in the in-game menu to accelerate your progress.

shortcuts2.jpg
Shortcut Bundles
We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items.

For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. That way, if you like, you can quickly get your hands on a large portion of the weapons available in Battlefield 4.

Double XP Weekend
During the Player Appreciation Month, we’ll be running a double XP weekend for all players. If you’re one of our many Battlefield 4 Premium members, you’ll also get an additional double XP weekend during the Player Appreciation Month as an added bonus.

Community Missions
You will be able to participate in global DICE Community Missions where you will work together to unlock Gold Battlepacks. During the first of these Community-wide challenges, we will ask you to grab a set number of dog tags during a specified time. More details on this first Community Mission in Battlefield 4 to follow.

DICE Developer Talks
Increased developer interaction and transparency on how we work is frequently requested from our fans. During Player Appreciation Month, we will host a number of interviews with some of the core developers of Battlefield 4. In these interviews, you can ask them about their line of work, the effort they’ve put into Battlefield 4, or in the case of our core gameplay designer, what the balancing process of Battlefield 4 looks like. We will announce the dates and channels for these developer interviews as the Player Appreciation Month kicks off.

We’re going to have more information available on each of the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Monthactivities throughout February. Check back here for those details.

If you are currently playing Battlefield 4, we hope you enjoy this month-long community appreciation. If you haven’t played in a little while, it’s a great time to get back in the game. Whoever you are, we appreciate the time you spend with Battlefield 4, we thank you for your support and we hope to keep hearing from you on the Battlefield 4 forums on Battlelog. Here’s to a great 2014!

Played some Conquest earlier and it felt like my AKU-12 wasn't connecting as it normally does. Hoping that I was just off this morning and that they didn't nerf it and not say anything. Bursting at medium range wasn't getting me nearly the kills it was in the days previous. 

Finally started playing more Conquest and I really dig the China Rising maps. Hadn't played them too much because they stink on Domination, but for Conquest they are a blast.

Doom some of that stuff just kinda "breaks" the game a bit. I like unlocking stuff. the battlepacks are cool, but I agree fix the game it's self then give the extras. I hope that this next patch is the "one". lol

yeah casey the china rising maps are pretty good on conquest.

I watched a video posted by xfactor about how it seems like the rush game mode feels like an afterthought for the game and that most of the maps kinda suck for rush.

I think next game Battlefield, just needs a few game modes, and NO singleplayer. Just focus on what they do best and that is (was) online warfare with squad and team game play.

Do you guys have issues with lag. Sometimes it's no problem but more times than not when I play it's like I can be running and it hiccups like I run into an invisible wall for a brief second. It's maddening. Trying to figure out if it's the game of my connection.

Do you guys have issues with lag. Sometimes it's no problem but more times than not when I play it's like I can be running and it hiccups like I run into an invisible wall for a brief second. It's maddening. Trying to figure out if it's the game of my connection.
Yeah, lag has been a problem since the start - you'll be running along and it'll pull you back a few feet every few seconds.

Also, it's started crashing again for me since the last patch. About 2 crashes per hour.

the patch before this current one, introduced lag for me in general. didn't have as much as an issue with lag as I do now. waiting for the "netcode" patch.

bread's done
Back