Official Battlefield 4 PS4 Thread!

I'm liking the battlepacks to unlock the crazy colors for the weapons but come on single player disapearing files. I've played stage 1 green hill zone like 4 times already. I am enjoying the muitiplayer though trying to unlock all the weapons (I am working on the snipers). I have a gripe with the running lag and the unbalanced teams. It sucks that you lost 28 to 100 because the game thought 2 is all you needed to compete against an 8 person team  :speaktothehand: . Hopefully the patches keep coming and maybe just maybe we'll have a full battlefield 4 game!

So with this event going on, I had that blue message on the menu saying "ongoing even 100% exp" although in game when i'd be scoring things I wouldn't get the orange arrow next to my score? Now that message isn't even in the menu. Do you have to activate this somehow or what?

I tried connecting over the weekend and spent 20 minutes closing the application because every time I would try to quick match conquest, it would sit at the black loading screen until I dropped out.  Regardless if I rebooted or closed the app, it wouldn't connect; I ended up just hoping in AC4 for my gaming fix and haven't tried again.

Is there a way to get the trophys to pop? I have the trophys for each of the three endings but not the collective "patience is a virtue" one. I know lots of people have had this problem I just don't jus if there's been a solution

Hey guys.  I'm looking for some folks to party up with in BF4.  Add me on PSN if you're interested.  I play on weekends and in the evening 7-10pm.  I played FPSs on 360 last generation but have gone the route of PS4 this generation.  I'm looking to boost my friends/contacts on PSN.  I also play FIFA and own Killzone:SF although I will probably only play it on single player.  Thanks. 

Picked these up today, going to check them out and see how they compare to the Astros.
Let me know if you can have party/game audio going through at the same time. Tried with the PS3 official headset and it was game audio only when in a party.

I would save and upload the save to the cloud and then turn it off and manually do it periodically to update it.

New Ps4 update.

PS4 Game Update Feb 21

-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

Just got BF for PS4 so I didn't play busted version, but it is great as it is now.   I did not like BF 3 on 360 but used to play before on PC.  Nice to be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a mic this week and looking forward to logging some time with BF4 this weekend.  I have premium if that has any importance.  Send me a pm on CAG or if you see me on PSN.  

I am getting (well i've pretty much always had it) where I load into a map and I have hardly any sound for the first few minutes. It sounds like i'm underwater... if some sounds coming through but 90% of them don't. Very weird..

Hey guys, I'm looking for some battlefield 4 friends. PSN ID is anarchyburger8t8 add me if you wish, will be adding people from the masterlist

I usually play on the weekends, but am updating my ps4 hard drive to an sshd so you may not see me on this weekend.

As far as audio, headphones there are better options to covert into a gaming headphone via mixamp. But gaming headset the astros(A40s) are maybe the best. I do like my sony wireless gold maybe more than I do my Astro a50s.

For those that are still interested in the game, BIG update towards the "netcode".

March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Several crash fixes and stability improvements
-Various improvements for Spectator Mode
-Increased the maxium rank to 120
-Fixed an issue with the kill camera triggering before game client would display the last portion of damage being dealt, giving players the impression that they died too early
-Fixed issue with blood effects, damage indicators, and health bar updates in the HUD being out of sync. This issue meant that players would sometimes miss information about being shot at, or get the impression of too few hits occurring for the amount of bullets that hit.
-Tweaked the speed, dispersion, and re-arm duration of the IFV and MBT projectiles
-Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
-Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
-Added default player slots to server browser filters
-Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
-Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
-Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
-Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
-Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
-Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
-Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
-Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
-Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
-Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
-Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
-General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
-Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
-Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
-Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
-The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
-Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
-Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
-Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
-Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks
-THe SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
-The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
-The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
-The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
-Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
-Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

Don't forget the double XP weekend going on right now! I had an extended break but I'm enjoying it again. It's incredible how much content Battlefield games end up having with the DLC.

Always need some more CAG Battlefield buddies so add me if you want to play ever when we happen to be playing at the same time. Highly prefer conquest.

I just hate the lag in the conquest game mode. I think that most of the other game modes work pretty good with the latest update. I'll add you to the list in the op. Feel free to add me and I'll play sometime.

Cool I actually see we are friends already so we should join up sometime. Thanks for adding me to the list. I forgot there was one so I should go through it and add some of you guys.

Conquest has just always been so engaging to me, starting with the original Bad Company. I get kind of frustrated with the other modes but I should try those new ones with BF4 ever to see if I like them an maybe ever get the trophies for them.

The lag sucks. I just can't play in a game with any kind of lag, regardless of how it is going. The funny thing is I played pretty flawless games until Naval Strike came out. Those maps are awful for lag and seem to have spread to other maps even.

My brother-in-law and I used to dominate BC2 and BF3 to an extent but I've had a lot more trouble adjusting to all that's going on in 4. I'm still working at it!

Okay after taking a break from the game for a bit, I read that yesterday dice got new server hardware that is supposed to fix the terrible rubber banding in the game.

I played a quite a few rounds of 64 player conquest, including the lag fest known as Lancam Dam and I must say I was IMPRESSED! There was barely any studders or lag. Even with the levolution events.

So, about 6 months later we get the game we should have had around launch.

With that all said for those that still own the game and would like to play and squad up, LET'S DO THIS!

I will be on this weekend for sure because it is a double xp weekend. I want to finally play the Naval Strike maps on conquest also.

That's good to know. I might try to get on some tomorrow after I get back home from a wedding. I had to take a break from it myself since the new update was too much lag for me.

That ending. 

tumblr_mg22oyoa9E1r69od9o1_250.gif

Also have you looked at the new trailer for the new battlefield game? Could be interesting. It's not done by dice and could be a battlefield/payday type of game..

bread's done
Back