Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy sucks when it comes to YMMV. They had a rack with "Hit Games, Great Prices" with the CEs mentioned here, but when I asked how much off they were, the employee said "None, they're not doing that anymore. There would be a sign saying how much off." I know for a fact that there was never a sign that said a percentage off, because I was there 2-3 weeks ago and there was no sign, but when I asked the price, an employee said %10.

Prattville AL took out the big $10 game rack at the front of the store. Did find endwar with the bluetooth for $39.99 but the sign said it was only good til 06/13. Any confirmations the price is still good. They had a bin with sale wii games, no prices or games that caught my attention. Animal crossing was not on sale nor was Fallout 3 CE...

Just got from my local best buy (Midlothian VA, near Chesterfield Town center) had a rack of 50% off games, I dont remember all of them, but I saw COD WAW, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, and Ace Combat 6 with the flight stick marked at $100...so $50 after deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what does it matter? I'd rather someone post deals like this rather than have to visit that BB thread every time.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Yeah, what does it matter? I'd rather someone post deals like this rather than have to visit that BB thread every time.[/QUOTE]

It matters because we have rules on this board. There are 1150 Best Buy locations around the United States. Each one has a manager who has the power to mark certain items down in an amount he feels is appropriate. At any given time, hundreds of Best Buy locations around the country have video games marked down between 10 and 90 percent off. No two stores seem to have the same games on sale or the same mark down percentage. What good would having 1150 different threads on this board for Best Buy alone do? It would make it impossible to find deals that aren't YMMV and we would all miss out on saving money. We have regional threads and YMMV threads for all the major retailers to accommodate these types of information sharing posts. If you are too lazy or not interested enough to spend time in the individual retailer threads or to do a search by the name of the game you are looking for, this really isn't the site for you.

[quote name='Frythan']Just got from my local best buy (Midlothian VA, near Chesterfield Town center) had a rack of 50% off games, I dont remember all of them, but I saw COD WAW, Marvel vs DC Universe, and Ace Combat 6 with the flight stick marked at $100...so $50 after deal.[/QUOTE]

Now, that would be a game!

[quote name='bojay1997']It matters because we have rules on this board. There are 1150 Best Buy locations around the United States. Each one has a manager who has the power to mark certain items down in an amount he feels is appropriate. At any given time, hundreds of Best Buy locations around the country have video games marked down between 10 and 90 percent off. No two stores seem to have the same games on sale or the same mark down percentage. What good would having 1150 different threads on this board for Best Buy alone do? It would make it impossible to find deals that aren't YMMV and we would all miss out on saving money. We have regional threads and YMMV threads for all the major retailers to accommodate these types of information sharing posts. If you are too lazy or not interested enough to spend time in the individual retailer threads or to do a search by the name of the game you are looking for, this really isn't the site for you.[/QUOTE]

I could not of said it better myself.

Kudos to you sir.

[quote name='bojay1997']It matters because we have rules on this board. There are 1150 Best Buy locations around the United States. Each one has a manager who has the power to mark certain items down in an amount he feels is appropriate. At any given time, hundreds of Best Buy locations around the country have video games marked down between 10 and 90 percent off. No two stores seem to have the same games on sale or the same mark down percentage. What good would having 1150 different threads on this board for Best Buy alone do? It would make it impossible to find deals that aren't YMMV and we would all miss out on saving money. We have regional threads and YMMV threads for all the major retailers to accommodate these types of information sharing posts. If you are too lazy or not interested enough to spend time in the individual retailer threads or to do a search by the name of the game you are looking for, this really isn't the site for you.[/QUOTE]

So I guess if you wanna be a d-bag and try to "patrol" each and every thread by whining because it's not in the appropriate place, then this site IS for you? I see now...

I'm all for neatness, reducing the clutter, blah blah blah...but people don't have to be dicks about it. It's a MESSAGE BOARD...it's not like somebody deposited your paycheck into someone else's account or anything.

Very well worded. These posts belong in either the YMMV Best Buy thread or the Regional forums for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

[quote name='cblakerobinson']So I guess if you wanna be a d-bag and try to "patrol" each and every thread by whining because it's not in the appropriate place, then this site IS for you? I see now...

I'm all for neatness, reducing the clutter, blah blah blah...but people don't have to be dicks about it. It's a MESSAGE BOARD...it's not like somebody deposited your paycheck into someone else's account or anything.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anyone being a douchebag about it. "Please use the YMMV thread" is hardly a douchebag comment.

I just picked up some games from the YMMV sale at my Best Buy in Kildeer, IL:

Lost (360) - $5 - Multiple left
Yakuza 2 - $7.50 - few left
Condemned 2 (PS3) - $5 - Multiple left
Ninja Gaiden DS - $5 - One left
N+ (PSP) - $5 - None left
Blast Works - $3.75 - few left

They had quite a few other games as well and were adding more. I may go back tomorrow. i would have got FFT for PSP but it was greatest hits packaging.

At BestBuy Tom Clancy's EndWar and wireless mic bundle is only $40USD. This will most likely vary from store to store, but is worth checking out considering the wireless mic itself is $60 USD and the game is $40. So if you wanted, you could return the End War game to BestBuy and get your $40 back, essentially getting a free wireless mic. Also, because you wil need to do a no receipt return, you WILL get a gift card to the store.

[quote name='disturbiated']at bestbuy tom clancy's endwar and wireless mic bundle is only $40usd. This will most likely vary from store to store, but is worth checking out considering the wireless mic itself is $60 usd and the game is $40. so if you wanted, you could return the end war game to bestbuy and get your $40 back, essentially getting a free wireless mic. Also, because you wil need to do a no receipt return, you will get a gift card to the store.[/quote]

no.

"so if you wanted, you could return the end war game to bestbuy and get your $40 back, essentially getting a free wireless mic"

How?

[quote name='rdogg1026']Please use the YMMV thread.[/QUOTE]

this isn't YMMV

however, the OP is an idiot for thinking you could keep the bluetooth and return the game as new since they're packaged in the same sealed box together.

This was posted already in the BBY deals already. I purchased one online and when it arrived the wireless mic was dead, therefore i just returned it today. I looked to see if they had more but they were already sold out! This broken mic thing was pretty common problem.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']In the big bundle box, is the game individually wrapped?[/QUOTE]

Inside the box, the mic is in retail packaging just like it would have looked had it not been in a bundle.

But even if you tried to return the game you would need a receipt thus is where the problem lies.

I bought this during the holidays. Mostly for the mic...Endwar just kinda gathers dust now. I have to admit though the voice recognition works fairly well and was above my expectations.

I saw this bundle today also for $40. I went to Best Buy to pick up some blus. I would have gotten in on this deal but I already have the headset.

I got it for 20 even though I already owned endwar. They didn't even check the box when I had to return it twice for a faulty mic. I could have easily not included the endwar game

What the OP probably doesn't realize is that the UPC on the back of the bundle is probably different from the UPC on the back of the sealed game in the bundle.

[quote name='Josef']What the OP probably doesn't realize is that the UPC on the back of the bundle is probably different from the UPC on the back of the sealed game in the bundle.[/QUOTE]It is a different UPC.

As I did this with the PS3 version when it was on sale a while back, it's a NFR text block in place of the UPC. No UPC anywhere on the back.

Plus, the OP is playing with return fraud if he thinks he could get away with it.

[quote name='gi60']^and since when bestbuy will take no receipt return?[/QUOTE]

From what I recall off the top of my head, they used to last year. No stores I know of do this practice anymore (Best Buy, Target, Meijer, etc...)

[quote name='Noogums']yea but doesnt the mic come like sealed inside with the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lawdood']this isn't YMMV

however, the OP is an idiot for thinking you could keep the bluetooth and return the game as new since they're packaged in the same sealed box together.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flameofdoom666']In the big bundle box, is the game individually wrapped?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']It is a different UPC.

As I did this with the PS3 version when it was on sale a while back, it's a NFR text block in place of the UPC. No UPC anywhere on the back.

Plus, the OP is playing with return fraud if he thinks he could get away with it.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 360 bundle the day after Christmas, and the End War game inside the bundle had the same UPC as the game would if you bought it from any other retailer sans wireless mic. I suppose the PS3 bundle works differently. But inside the bundled box is a wireless mic and an End War game, both separately sealed as though they are individual items.

Okay,
1) The mic IS in retail packaging, and End War IS sealed and they are both in a cardboard box.

2) BestBuy does do no receipt returns as long as it is sealed. If yours doesn't, try another store.

[quote name='disturbiated']Okay,
1) The mic IS in retail packaging, and End War IS sealed and they are both in a cardboard box.

2) BestBuy does do no receipt returns as long as it is sealed. If yours doesn't, try another store.[/QUOTE]

Actually they don't. That's not to say it's not possible to convince an unsuspecting employee at customer service to do it, but that would be fraud and at that point, there's no difference between you and someone who walks into the store and steals $20 from the register. You're both thieves.

[quote name='_heretic']OK, supposing they allow you to do this, it is still fraud, right?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yea. But I'll defer to other CAGers for the time being. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']It is a different UPC.

Plus, the OP is playing with return fraud if he thinks he could get away with it.[/QUOTE]

I have this bundle and the 360 version has both UPCs inside the packaging. No "not for resale" print anywhere.

Figured someone here would know this:

Is it possible to search for games that have been taken off Best Buy's website? I know you can do it with Gamestop.

Just picked up :ps3: Endwar with headset for $20 at the Aurora, IL location (right off Rt. 59). Scans at $39.99 and the dude at the register overrides it. There were 3 or 4 left.

I also picked up the last :360: Left 4 Dead (non-GOTY) for $25 (also on the half-price shelf) since I can't find it at Target.

My headset was busted as well. There are not any more EndWar bundles around so I hope that they will exchange just the headset for a new one.

Went and picked one up today and headset busted, wouldnt charge. Went back and exchanged for the last one...busted as well...ARGH!!!!

$40 Endwar 360
$40 Resistance CE

Went to Montgomery Al BB today, they had lots of 75% tables and bins. You had to look around at all of them though. Managed to Snag Brothers in Arms: HH LE 360 for about 12.50. Saints row 2 CE for 360 was 39.99 (360) in prattville AL BB. Whats with all the 360 games being slashed? Can't find crap for ps3....got a $40 endwar bundle, still have lots of those in Prattville, but none in montgomery...it was like night and day with what they had.

bread's done
Back