Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']Thanks for all the useful info. I'm glad you didn't clutter your post with game titles, game prices, or pesky store locations.[/QUOTE]

:p Well I don't remember the names since I wasn't interested in many of them. But in terms of location, Vauxhall (NJ) had the table and Union (NJ) didn't have the table, lol.

Lakeville MN had two deals on the clearance games:
1. buy 4 x360,ps3, and wii games for $25
2. 5 ds, psp, and ps2 games for $25

I picked up a copy of the EndWar 360 headset edition for $40 at BB at Belden Village OH today.(now yesterday)

It said $40 on the shelf and rang up as $90, but they brought the label up and sold it to me for $40. (I heard one employee say that the label said it should have gone back up in price on the 7th, but I don't care much now:p)

Montgomery Al still had table up with 75% off. One rack in front of the table and another end cap by the wii display at 75% off. Nothing really notable had some Golden Axe Beast riders for ps3 at 29.99 with 75% off. Some singstar games but I picked those up at other places. Got myself Persona 3 Fes and a NickToons (both ps2) game for my son. The biggest thing I got was Lego Batman (ps3). Shelf said 39.99 with 75% off, so I picked up one. Went to check out and it rang up 19.99, then they gave me 75% off that. When I saw they were $5 got a couple more copies! Left one for the next lucky person out there. This magical sale is YMMV since the BB buy my house never has this sale.....

Best Buy in Chelsea, NYC had Resistance 2 Collectors Edition for $34.99 and Tom Clancy's EndWar with headset for $49.99 (think it was xbox 360)

I went to the one in Bridgewater NJ today, didn't see any deals. Do you have to scan them or something? I'll try Resistance 2 tomorrow.

At the best buy , they had like a table with clearance items and prices. I guess its whatever the store wants to get rid of. The Resistance 2 collectors edition might be all stores, since it seems a lot of them are trying to get rid of it. Its only the collectors edition though.

[quote name='ssundong']I just picked up a PS3 wireless keypad for $14 at Vernon hill, IL. Two more keypads were left. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Is this the Sony brand keypad or a third party mfg.

[quote name='ssundong']I just picked up a PS3 wireless keypad for $14 at Vernon hill, IL. Two more keypads were left. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

When the 75% off clearance started at the Vernon Hills store, they were out of keypads. They must have restocked.

I thought, for sure, that after your post that they would be gone over the weekend.

Still were 2 available at lunch today. Picked 1 up, now 1 left.

Had some issues with the 75% clearance signs. The one endcap with the clearance notices (one page printout per system) did not have the Keypad listed. I had to find the 1 page sign with ALL system information on it for the rep to take it off, and then it was still questioned for a moment. After he consulted another rep, they said they would give me the 75% off.

$12.50 + tax.

Snagged Madden 9 CE for $20 during the special edition/box set sale. They had Fallout 3 PC spec ed for $30, but it's still too high for me to buy it on a second platform.

Ocoee, FL
50% Off of Select Games ontop of discounted prices.

(Definately YMMV, went to the Best Buy at Winter Garden Village and deal wasn't there)

Here is a list that I can remember of.

Condemned 1 & 2
50 Cent
Rise of the Argonauts
Narnia: Prince Caspian
MotoGP 08
Golden Compass
Infinite Undiscovery
Frontlines
NinjaBlade
Madden 08 & 09

That's all I can really remember.

Picked up Resistance 2: CE for 39.99 @ Victorville, CA. Last one on the shelf too......was going to pass out but in the end decided to pick it up. No Street Fighter IV at all... :whistle2:(

Best Buy in San Marcos Tx has some ps3,360,wii games for $10.

I saw 50 cent blood on the sand for ps3
xblades for 360 and ps3
secert service 360
tomb raider underworld 360
samba de amigo wii
rise of the argonauts 360
rock revolution 360,ps3.

Thought I let some fellow cags know about this before there all gone.

Gainesville (Bristow), VA Best Buy NEVER has a clearance rack/table.. but the one down the way in Manassas, VA always does.. they had a TON of endwar bundles for 45, a RE5 Collectors edition for 45, Warhawk Bundle for 25, Socom Bundle for 30, a ton of X360 and wii games, and some PS3 games, 4.99 Monster Hunter, Lair for 19.99, Spyro Dawn of Dragon for 19.99.

I want SINGSTAR! IF your store has them on sale for 10 or under, I need thet following
Singstar Rocks!
Singstar Pop
Singstar Pop Vol. 2
Singstar Legends
Singstar 80's
Singstar Abba (PS3 ONLY please)
Singstar Country (Under $10 - I have a copy but no case and it's scratched)
PM me and let me know the prices! And we can work out shipping!! :)

My bestbuy has about 100 the BIGs games for 29.99 + 50% off. Do you guys think that eventually they'll want to get rid of stock enough to drop the price even more?

[quote name='monkeystud']Went to Montgomery Al BB today, they had lots of 75% tables and bins. You had to look around at all of them though. Managed to Snag Brothers in Arms: HH LE 360 for about 12.50. Saints row 2 CE for 360 was 39.99 (360) in prattville AL BB. Whats with all the 360 games being slashed? Can't find crap for ps3....got a $40 endwar bundle, still have lots of those in Prattville, but none in montgomery...it was like night and day with what they had.[/QUOTE]

Might have to check those stores when I visit home this weekend. Kind of funny to see Prattville getting this much attention. I picked up Valkyria Chronicles on clearance there earlier this year for $30, but that's about the same time as it dropping to the same for MSRP.

Something I noticed at the Prattville store though that is probably applicable to all of these BB YMMV clearances (and I don't know if it's been posted earlier in the thread or not, but may be worth saying nonetheless). It seems to me that they don't clearance ALL of a certain game, just a said quantity. In addition, they mark a clearance game with a small yellow BB sticker that states a percentage off/marks it as a clearance game, or with a colored sticker dot. So, if you have been watching a particular clearance game and it appear to disappear from a bin/rack.. it may be worthwhile to go through the rest of the copies on the shelf to see if they are marked (front OR back).

Additionally, if you don't see a clearance rack/bin/box/etc., but you see colored sticker dots on certain games.. don't be afraid to ask. I've seen it in multiple Best Buys when I go out of town for work, and it has ALWAYS equated to the games being on clearance. Granted the percentage is very hit or miss, but maybe a BB employee can verify this.

Hopefully this will help some of you new to this confusing BB clearance stuff... they're district/store specific, often depend on store gross sales, etc. Now back in the day of the omega mass clearances.. Auburn's Best Buy was my go-to spot.. but that's a different story :)

[quote name='Estebon']SMT: Persona 4 for $2 bucks. My eyes almost popped out their sockets.[/QUOTE]

Wow fantastic deal.:applause:

Where did you find such a deal?? I might pick it up after watching Giant Bomb's endurance run.

Collectors Editions have been spotted for up to 50% off. See thread for titles.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='Estebon']SMT: Persona 4 for $2 bucks. My eyes almost popped out their sockets.[/QUOTE]

Holy... f'ing... shite. Which store is this???!!!

28th Street Best Buy Grand Rapids MI

Had plenty PS3/XB360 Guitar Hero 3's f/ $20 dollars. Friend picked up two I picked up one. The wireless controlers for Rock Band make this totally worth it for my friend and for me I finally have a 360 guitar and playing the free halo song rules.

Good deal...

Was just passing by the Best Buy in Irving, TX (off of 635) today, and they did and didn't have too much to write home about. Tomb Raider Underworld (360) was $20 ($39.99 - 50%), Animal Crossing (Wii) w/ Wii Speak was $35 ($69.99 - 50%), and Resident Evil 5 CE (360/PS3) was $30 ($59.99 - 50%). There were a couple of other games, but these are the ones that popped out.

It sucks being on a tight budget! T_T

[quote name='Skylander7'] Auburn's Best Buy was my go-to spot.. but that's a different story :)[/QUOTE]

Make the Drive to Auburn.....might think about it, Naw...... However the BB in Birmingham and Alabaster were great if you wanted Penny guide, clearance not so much.

I have noticed when clearance does come around those yellow stickers can be misleading. If you look the yellow stickers will have the letters of the title on it (eg. Lego Batman= LB). In looking through the section you will find lots of yellow stickers mixed in. I know sometimes you can pass things off and get by, but seriously to commit fraud to save some money? I rummaged in the Montgomery BB and saw things like prototype with a yellow sticker on it, naturally the sticker had some random letters on it. There were all kinds of games like that. It really makes it hard to find things or for people actually wanting to buy them. Lastly if it looks like you peeled the yellow sticker off one box and just put it, torn edge and all, on what you're trying to get that doesn't look suspicious?

Off of that soapbox, Persona 4 for $2? I'd have to see the receipt. Best I got was persona 3:fes off the clearance table and that was $7.50, so I can vouch for that one, but 4?

I normally don't have any luck at BB in King of Prussia, PA, but today I hit the mother load. They had an enormous cardboard bin out just as you walk in. I started out all suave picking through it, but by the looks of me by the end of it, you would have thought there was buried treasure at the bottom waiting for me once I saw there were some half decent stuff in it.
Spent $148.40 for all of it.

Xbox 360
(2) Pure - $10 each (got one for a friend)
EndWar WITH Xbox 360 wireless headset - $30
Dark Messiah: Elements - $5

PS3
(2) Singstar Ver 2.0 with 2 microphones - $10 each
SOCOM: Confrontation - WITH Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $30
Lair - $10
Folklore - $10

Star Ocean: First Departure - PSP - $5
Death Jr: Root of Evil - Wii - $5 (got it for my nephew)
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories - PS2 - $5 (which by looking at Ebay, I wish I picked up the other one that was in there to sell)

Did you actually buy it? A price that low seems like a typo. Even $20 for a new copy of P4 is very cheap.

I've never seen anything worth getting in the clearance bins at the Best Buys in Delaware, and there are three of them within a 10 mile radius of my house.

UPDATE: (July 3, went again today and special is still going. Added more to the list as games were added recently)

Ocoee, FL
50% Off of Select Games ontop of discounted prices.

(Definately YMMV, went to the Best Buy at Winter Garden Village and deal wasn't there)

Here is a list that I can remember of.

Condemned 1 & 2
50 Cent
Rise of the Argonauts
Narnia: Prince Caspian
MotoGP 08
Golden Compass
Infinite Undiscovery
Frontlines
NinjaBlade
Madden 09 en Espanol
Blitz II
Golden Compass
Mercs 2
Clive Barker's Jericho
The Last Remnant
Warriors Orochi 2
Sega Superstar Tennis

That's all I can really remember, will update again when I go which is usually once a week.

Games I picked up
Jericho: $15
Rise of Argonauts: $15
NinjaBlade $15

At the Northridge mall, they had a 4th of July sale. Some clearance and specially tagged items were 40%. I saw:

Animal Crossing with Wii speak for $42
Ace Combat 6 box set with stick $60
EndWar with bluetooth $48

Bought:

Resistance 2 CE $24
De Blob with shirt $12

The other BB, in Marina, had a $5 sale. Mostly shovel ware. I suspect some CE were $5 too but were all gone.

Bought for $5 each:

Animal Crossing w/ Wii speak
Godzilla Wii

[quote name='GHardin']Was just passing by the Best Buy in Irving, TX (off of 635) today, and they did and didn't have too much to write home about. Tomb Raider Underworld (360) was $20 ($39.99 - 50%), Animal Crossing (Wii) w/ Wii Speak was $35 ($69.99 - 50%), and Resident Evil 5 CE (360/PS3) was $30 ($59.99 - 50%). There were a couple of other games, but these are the ones that popped out.

It sucks being on a tight budget! T_T[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I had been looking for a good price on RE5 for PS3 - the CE edition is just a plus. I was there near closing and they still had 2 copies of RE5 CE for PS3, and about 3 or 4 for 360.

[quote name='PocariSweat']At the Northridge mall, they had a 4th of July sale. Some clearance and specially tagged items were 40%. I saw:

Animal Crossing with Wii speak for $42
Ace Combat 6 box set with stick $60
EndWar with bluetooth $48

Bought:

Resistance 2 CE $24
De Blob with shirt $12

The other BB had a $5 sale. Mostly shovel ware. I suspect some CE were $5 too but were all gone.

Bought for $5 each:

Animal Crossing w/ Wii speak
Godzilla Wii[/QUOTE]

Which "other" BB do you mean? And by Northridge Mall, I see your location is Central Coast, CA-- was this Northridge, CA or somewhere up north?

Went to my local BB in Fenton, MO. Not really any good deals. I did get Resistance 2 CE for $40, normally $80. I was very excited about that considering i just beat the first one a few days ago.

Bestbuy in Mira Mesa, San Diego had a fully stocked 50% off new games cart in the middle of the aisle with games for windows, 360, PS2/3 and Wii games. Limited edition GTA4 with lockbox going for 20 bucks as well as limited edition Saints Row 2 for 25. Lips with mics for 35 and other misc games I didn't look too much into. Lots of worthwhile PC games though.

Montgomery BB getting very weak with their 75% off games, unless you happen to need hail to the chimp on ps3 or beavis and butthead UMD. Did see a sign that was posted for red dot clearance, anything with a red dot on it was 50% off. Dug in the regular section and found a non GOTY L4D with a dot. But at 49.99 with 50% off was not as good as the target deal. Looked for some other red dots but didn't find any that was worth anything. May go to Prattville BB and dig tomorrow.

[quote name='Justin42']Which "other" BB do you mean? And by Northridge Mall, I see your location is Central Coast, CA-- was this Northridge, CA or somewhere up north?[/QUOTE]

Per a Google search, the Northridge Mall is located in Salinas CA. I would love to pick up the Ace Combat 6 bundle, but it's not worth a 100 mile trip each way :p Of course, if the OP would love to help out, I wouldn't say no either ;)

360 Flatout Ultimate Carnage $5 [Gilroy, CA]
360 Condemned: Criminal Origins $5 [Gilroy, CA]
360 Saints Row 2: Collector's Edition $20 [Santana Row, San Jose, CA]

[quote name='enterwhy']I saw Disgaea 3 for $20 yesterday. Will it get reprinted or should I pick it up now?[/QUOTE]

Pick it up now. The only major retailer that still has it in many stores is Toys R Us. It has been discontinued at Best Buy for a couple months and Amazon finally sold out. I doubt there will be a reprint considering it allegedly sold 500,000 copies but it took well over a year to sell out.

bread's done
Back