Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, some of you guys are lucky. One BB I checked didn't even have a clearance section, but just a little cardboard standee with DS shovelware. Another BB has a clearance bin but it never seems to change. The best thing I've ever seen in there is Viva Pinata PC for $10.

Good pickup today. Hot Metal Slug 7, Lock's Quest, Legendary, and Table Tennis for $6 each. Normally $8, but there was a 4th of July sale.

ALso, I'll pick someone up a copy of Viva Pinata: TiP for $15 shipped if anyone is interested.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Damn, some of you guys are lucky. One BB I checked didn't even have a clearance section, but just a little cardboard standee with DS shovelware. Another BB has a clearance bin but it never seems to change. The best thing I've ever seen in there is Viva Pinata PC for $10.[/QUOTE]

My local BBs are like that, too.

Geez, the only 4th of July "sales" I saw were overpriced PS3 and Wii bundles.. (PS3 + extra controller + HDMI cable for $524.99-- gee,Best Buy, I'll take 2!!)

You guys are super lucky with your awesome managers putting stuff on sale.

Crap. My BB had 3 copies of Disgaea 3 with soundtrack for 10 bucks a few weeks ago and I didn't even realize it was rare. It's sold out now :'(

I found these at the Pasadena one in a clearance bin marked 20%off the regular price sticker. Valkyria chronicle and Resistance 2 is worth it.

Xbox360: reg.price/disc. price
Call of duty:WAW CE 79.99/63.99
Madden 09 CE 29.99/23.99
jericho 19.99/15.99
Mk vs DC CE 59.99/47.99
Fracture 19.99/15.99
beowulf 9.99/7.99
golden compass 14.99/11.99

PS3
Resistance 2 CE 39.99/31.99 (1 left)
valkyria chronicles 59.99/47.99
Fracture 19.99/15.99
vampire rain 39.99/31.99

Wii
Pimp my ride 29.99/23.99
Heavenly guardian 14.99/11.99

NDS
rubiks world 19.99/15.99
Dragon quest 4 29.99/23.99
little league baseball 08 19.99/15.99

Only a decent deal, but spotted Kingdom Heart:Chain of Memories (PS2) today for $17.99 down from its $29.99 price. Used a 10% off coupon today to get it down to $16.19.

Saw warhawk with bluetooth for $19.99. It also had a sticker on it for 50% off so I'm not sure of the price. It was in the 19.99 bin but that sticker threw me off. Many copies though. Then endwar bundle has gone back up to 89.99?? At least it has at my BB. KH:com for ps2 confirmed at 17.99....guess no one wants a remixed GBA game?

I have a question. Does BB do rainchecks ? Cause I saw Devil May Cry 4 for $29.99 and it scanned at that price when it was $9.99 a while back.

[quote name='retr0bodega']I have a question. Does BB do rainchecks ? Cause I saw Devil May Cry 4 for $29.99 and it scanned at that price when it was $9.99 a while back.[/QUOTE]

Yes, BB does do raincheck and if you have one, they will honor the price. I've been looking for stores to restock that title for a while. If by some small chance, you're in the New York City area, let me know what store you saw it in.

No go at the BB in Manhattan NYC
360 Condemned: Criminal Origins $5 scanned up $20
360 Saints Row 2: Collector's Edition $20 scanned up $30

[quote name='Pasis']Picked up 3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundles for PS2 at 15 dollars ea. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Why three? How is it a great deal? No accusations or anything just curious.

I need to go around to my local BB, I'd be willing to shell out $20 for a Saints Row 2 collector's edition...

[quote name='BruceCampbellKG7']Mass Effect for 19.99 greatest hits edition is great[/QUOTE]

Um . . . Isn't that the price that it is everywhere?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Crap. My BB had 3 copies of Disgaea 3 with soundtrack for 10 bucks a few weeks ago and I didn't even realize it was rare. It's sold out now :'([/QUOTE]

#-o I've been looking to pick that up forever. If I were in your shoes I would've grabbed all three.

My local Best Buy in Concord, NC was pretty much picked clean. Most of the games on sale I already own but I did pick up GRAW2 :pc: for $9.99 (same price as Amazon) and Oblivion GOTY :pc: for $19.99 (not on sale but I couldn't resist any longer).

They also had Red Alert 3, Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway, Turok, and a few other PC games for $9.99. Couldn't find anything in the 360 or PS3 sections.

[quote name='sinned47']i cant find a good heavenly sword deal ever :[[/QUOTE]

Neither could I and then today I went into best buy and they had 1 copy just sitting there......

Got the :ps3: Resistance 2 CE for $20 last night. They had the :360: Call of Duty: World at War CE for $40 as well, but I decided to skip that one, as I didn't see anything about the CE to make it worth having, and I expect that I'll be able to get the game itself for less than that in the not too distant future.

BB in Rego Park NYC had this posted they had a bunch of games all sectioned off in the back from what I saw they had a stack of Fallout 3CE and Saints Row 2CE on sale.

Best Buy in Oldsmar, FL, was putting yellow price stickers on tons of games today for all systems, including some fairly recent ones like Virtua Tennis 2009. They were more or less "winging it" on what to mark them down to after checking their prior retail value. The markdowns vary from okay to great but the selection is pretty good. The PS3 section was 2 wall sections, and the 360/Xbox 1 section was pretty much a full side of an aisle. They'd not yet gotten to the other systems.

Personally, I picked up Scene It 2 and the new 50 Cent for $15/ea. I also saw the Namco collection for $10.

picked up the following yesterday at the selinsgrove, pa bby, all for xbox 360:

the simpsons game - $5
saints row - $10
scene it lights camera action - $15

there were quite a few games on the clearance rack but none that really interested me enough to pick them up...

At Schaumburg IL BB, I got Ninja Gaiden- Dragon Sword for DS for $10, Flash Focus DS for the gf for $10, and also grabbed one of five left of Madden 09 Collectors Editions for $25, combined with the Matt Hazard coupon for PS3 for $10 and Henry Hatsworth for $20 (completing Buy 2 Get 1 on DS games as I had 3 games total, Flash Focus was free) my total before tax was like $65 or so for all 5 games. CAGtastic!! :applause:

[quote name='bvharris']#-o I've been looking to pick that up forever. If I were in your shoes I would've grabbed all three.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I feel really owned now, I just picked up the last copy at my BB and it was $40 :cry:

My Best Buy has a section of 7.99 games and the selection isn't that bad, and they update it frequently. I've picked up DQIV, Condemned 2, Viva Pinata: TiP, Metal Slug 7, Lock's Quest, they also have Warhawk and Dark Sector. I'm hoping they put out Disgaea soon.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']My Best Buy has a section of 7.99 games and the selection isn't that bad, and they update it frequently. I've picked up DQIV, Condemned 2, Viva Pinata: TiP, Metal Slug 7, Lock's Quest, they also have Warhawk and Dark Sector. I'm hoping they put out Disgaea soon.[/QUOTE]

I would ask where your Best Buy is, but since I assume its somewhere in North Dakota, I won't bother.

My BB never has great YMMV deals other than the b1g1 bins at the front full of shovelware.

The new Best Buy in San Antonio (the one in the new shopping center off of Woodlake Parkway and FM 78) had a bunch of games marked at 50% off. There was some less than stellar stuff (PS2 shovelware, sports games), but there were some gems too. I didn't get all the games or prices (there really were a bunch of them marked, and I was only looking at games for systems I own), but here are some of the highlights I remember:

Persona 4 ($20)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories ($15)
Bangai-O Spirits ($8)
Pokemon Platinum ($17.50)
Afro Samurai PS3 ($20)
Tomb Raider: Underworld PS3 ($20)
Sonic Unleashed ($15)
X-Blades PS3 ($15)
Virtua Tennis 2009 ($25)

And I didn't check the price, but the special edition RE5 strategy guide was marked as well.

I know that's not a lot, but there really was a whole lot more than that, and it covered pretty much every system that BB still sells games for. Also, didn't really look at the 360 games, but I did notice the Lips bundle was marked as well. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

[quote name='bvharris']I would ask where your Best Buy is, but since I assume its somewhere in North Dakota, I won't bother.

My BB never has great YMMV deals other than the b1g1 bins at the front full of shovelware.[/QUOTE]
It's in Minot, actually, an enormous city of 35,000 people.

If anyone wants me to grab a copy of Dark Sector PS3, Viva Pinata TiP, Viva Pinata DS, Condemned 2, or Warhawk, I'll grab you a copy for $14 shipped. PM me.

Maplewood, MN Best Buy. Went in to see if The Resistance 2 CE had dropped from it's pathetic $53 clearance price. Took it up to the register and I told the cashier that I heard these were priced incorrectly and that I thought they were going for $39 and asked if she could do a price check. She looks at the box and notices a yellow circle sticker. She then says this game is $10. She then proceeds to call the manager and she asked her,"is this game $10?", the manager replies, "yep" and proceeds to price adjust the original $53 it rang up. SCORE!!! So if you're in the area there's one left at the Maplewood, MN Best Buy.

Best Buy in Wauwatosa, WI has Brothers in Arms LE for 25$, Mercenaries 2 for 10$ and Star Ocean for 10$. Oh, and Resident Evil 5 LE for 29.99

Are All BB stores doing the stickers for their clearance? I saw alot of Collector's/Limited Editions somewhat cheap today but none had the colored stickers.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Best Buy in Wauwatosa, WI has Brothers in Arms LE for 25$, Mercenaries 2 for 10$ and Star Ocean for 10$. Oh, and Resident Evil 5 LE for 29.99[/QUOTE]

Is that the one on mayfair road? by the mall?

Went to BB in Danbury, CT and they had an OK selection of games, nothing special. They did have RE5 CE (360/PS3), but it price checked @ 59.99 :(

Anyone willing to pick me up a copy of RE 5 CE for 360 for $30 bucks plus shipping? :p

BB in 60th and 8th Manhattan NYC sucks balls. The only thing that I can find that was on sale was the Simpsons 360 for $10. Thats it.

I am going to check out BB at Rego Park later and see what I can find there.

BB clearance YMMV in North Richmond -- I posted this incorrectly as a new thread in the deals forum, which I subsequently closed after it was proven that I am a complete idiot for not knowing where to post. I have closed my old thread and reposted only the 1st post here. I am sure that I am violating some sort of forum etiquette by not reposting everyone's response in the thread here. I promise to try harder next time, and to eat more Jell-o Pudding Pops.
--------------------------------------

I went out to pick-up some Chipotle for me and the wife for dinner, and cruised the VA Center Best Buy, and they had a clearance sale on PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, and XBox 360 games. Very likely a YMMV, and the selection was pretty large.

In the back game aisles, clearance games were marked with giant orange "C" stickers, and blue inkjet signs were attached to the racks explaining the 50% off deal. The also had a double-sided rack up front in the checkout que with a wide variety of games. The overall assortment of titles was broad, but I can't really remember much other than the selection was far larger than I have listed below. It included, but was not limited to the usual bargain games--make sure to check the front que rack:

PS2 --
Prince Caspian
Rogue Planet
Sly Cooper 2 and 3
a DDR game whose name I can't remember (sorry, beer dulls my mind)
some motor cycle game with a yellow spine
I picked up the last Persona 4 with a $5 coupon (for a total of $15 and change--a steal)

PS3 --
Silent Hill Homecoming

DS -- the DS selection was the usual bargain line-up
Monkey Ball Touch
B-17
Zoo Keeper
and others...

The front rack had a lot of the typical "bargain" games, incl the usual craptastic selection of GBA games. But, by and large the selection was broad, and I about pooped my pants on the Persona 4. BB even let me use their computer to print out the $5 BB Rewards coupon to replace the one I left in my work bag.

In the Colonial Height, VA Best Buy I just picked up the last copy of Okami (wii) for 50% with a $10 gift card for $10. In the 50% off basket was a copy of Animal Crossing City Folk w/ Wii Speak for $35

In Germantown, MD, I got the following for PS3

Resident Evil 5 CE - 19.99
Fallout 3 CE - 19.99

I had taken the last RE5. There were 2 more Fallout 3 CE and Saints Row 2 CE ($19.99).

How often do you guys see clearance games on shelves near the registers? I completely forgot that my BB did this until donnsword mentioned it in his post, but I don't remember ever seeing anything good. I'm always going in looking for bins along the way to the game section, looking for bins IN the game section, and when I see nothing (which is always) I just leave without passing through the register area.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']How often do you guys see clearance games on shelves near the registers?[/QUOTE]

I think this varies by store and is up to the Mgr. The Richmond Short Pump store never puts games near the registers. They use the double-sided wheel rack and they place it near the games. The new East End Target on East Laburnam Ave keeps their double-sided rack up front, but not in the que. And, the VA Center location uses the double sided rack to help form part of the que for the registers up front.

bread's done
Back