Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy in St. Cloud, MN has multiple titles marked 50% off of marked price. I was able to pick up Battlefield Bad Co. PS3 for $10. They also had Warhawk with headset for $25.

@ West Covina, CA clearance games are:
3 for $25, 6 for $50, 9 for $90 (Yes, it's more expensive if you buy 9).

Picked up Lips w/ Mics x 2 (in spanish), Superman Returns for $25 total.

Dickson City best buy, had a ton of clearanced ps3, ps2 and a few psp games, xbox section was cleaned out. I grabbed Valkyrie Chronicles for 19.99 and Star Ocean 1 for 10, had tons of copies left of SO1 and a few Valkyrie, also had some other titles.

My bestbuy had some good stuff. They had madden 09 collectors edition for 10. I picked it up to face my friend on ps3. They had prince of Persia opened limited edition for 30 and wcw vs raw 09 collectors for 25, and singstar and animal crossing wii for cheap. I am in chicago and went to the one in evanston.

[quote name='al_kohaulic']In Germantown, MD, I got the following for PS3

Resident Evil 5 CE - 19.99
Fallout 3 CE - 19.99

I had taken the last RE5. There were 2 more Fallout 3 CE and Saints Row 2 CE ($19.99).[/QUOTE]

WOW! :applause:

Willing to pay for a RE5 CE (360) if someone picks a copy up. Anything on my trade list is up for grabs too with some added PayPal...whatever floats your boat

[quote name='havoksend']Dickson City best buy, had a ton of clearanced ps3, ps2 and a few psp games, xbox section was cleaned out. I grabbed Valkyrie Chronicles for 19.99 and Star Ocean 1 for 10, had tons of copies left of SO1 and a few Valkyrie, also had some other titles.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i grabbed the same games at the DC store today. I was pleasantly surprised because our BB rarely has good deals. Only 1 Valkyria Chronicles left when i grabbed mine, but still plenty of SO1. Im good now since i grabbed SO2 for $9.98 from DC Target.

reporting for los feliz best buy, glendale

saints row 2 collect 360 for 19.99, same for ps3 (sold out)
no other C.E. in stock
everything with a clearance sticker on games is 50% off

i left with samurai warriors 2 empires for 360 for 10 bucks. Go me.

23rd and 6th, NY Best Buy update:

Socom with bluetooth headset for ps3.
Brothers in Arms CE for 360 and ps3.
Saints Row 2 CE only for ps3, 360 sold out.
CoD WaW CE for 360.

I'm personally looking for Resident Evil 5 CE. I can pick up any of the items I mentioned to exchange or I'll pay the cost+tip.

Seekonk, MA store has a 40% off red dot clearance bin of 360/PS3 games near the PS3 aisle. Aside from the expected junk I saw:

40% off...
MGS4 $29.99, possibly in there by mistake as I only saw one copy in the bin.
Warhawk headset bundle $49.99
Valkyria Chronicles $39.99
The Last Remnant $29.99
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.99
Prince of Persia $59.99?
Tomb Raider Underworld ??

This store is aware of the PC games sale, but I don't remember seeing anything special, sadly. Good stuff like the Orange Box is still at regular prices.

[quote name='Rockgamer']The new Best Buy in San Antonio (the one in the new shopping center off of Woodlake Parkway and FM 78) had a bunch of games marked at 50% off. There was some less than stellar stuff (PS2 shovelware, sports games), but there were some gems too. I didn't get all the games or prices (there really were a bunch of them marked, and I was only looking at games for systems I own), but here are some of the highlights I remember:

Persona 4 ($20)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories ($15)
Bangai-O Spirits ($8)
Pokemon Platinum ($17.50)
Afro Samurai PS3 ($20)
Tomb Raider: Underworld PS3 ($20)
Sonic Unleashed ($15)
X-Blades PS3 ($15)
Virtua Tennis 2009 ($25)

And I didn't check the price, but the special edition RE5 strategy guide was marked as well.

I know that's not a lot, but there really was a whole lot more than that, and it covered pretty much every system that BB still sells games for. Also, didn't really look at the 360 games, but I did notice the Lips bundle was marked as well. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.[/QUOTE]

I also found Chain of Memories for $15. Labeled as "Clearance $18" but rung up lower. Also almost thought about not picking it up.

I just got back form BB in Whitehall, PA.. they had a whole rack of $10 game..got :

Lego star wars (ps3)
Mass effect
Game party Wii

At my local Best Buy in West Paterson, New Jersey they had a few good titles in the 50% off "managers special" table

Brothers in Arms: $15
Saints Row 2 CE: $20
Socom with Bluetooth Headset: $30
Tom Clancys End War with wireless Xbox 360 headset: $20
MLB Power Pros (PS2): $10
Sing Star Vol. 2 with 2 Mic's: $30

Manager told me to come by next week as many other Collector's Editions will be on the "managers table" (Brothers in arms, Quantom of Solace with tshirt, SvR 2009 with Blue Ray DVD and many more):bouncy::applause:
http://profile.mygamercard.net/Diplomatic+Thug
http://profile.mygamercard.net/Diplomatic+Thug

I found the ps3 bundle version of Buzz! at my Best Buy on clearance for $34.99. As much as I want the game, I have no cash =(

[quote name='mmmend01']any houston sales, the bb buy me (southeast: pasadena, gulfgate) never have anything on sale[/QUOTE]

nothing near you, at a BB near West Oaks Mall, I found some Fallout 3 CE clearanced to $47.99 then 15% off, not too good of a deal, but I wanted it, so I grabbed the last 360 version. It seems that Best Buy's in Houston are pretty much hit or miss as far as these sales, usually only stuff discounted 10-20%, but I have been seeing a lot more clearance stuff. The two best I've been to are the Woodlands location and the one at 610 and Richmond.

Hopefully they will catch on soon and see that we (gamers) will still buy games in this economy if they're not trying to bleed us dry. It's all up to them to put these games on sale or take a discount at the register. A sale is a sale rather than a missed one...

passed by sheboygan, wi best buy and saw 75% off pink stickered games. a so so variety of games, but one employee told me that a lady came in a bought up 500 bucks worth of games in the morning (wish i would of went there sooner, maybe selection was better):

Quake Wars - 7.50
Beowulf - 5
Baja - 5
Sega Rally - 5
Turning Point - 5
Superman Returns 2.50
WWE RAW 2008 - 7.50
Madden 09 CE - 15
Guitar Hero II - 2.50

Wii
Samba de amigo - 5
Word coach - 5
too many other wii shovelware

PS3
Warhawk (game only) - 5
Guitar Hero III - 5

YMMV
Sioux City, IA Best buy has 4 for $40 clearance on games. Went through the rack of xbox 360 games, included Gears of War, Bad Company, Mirrors Edge, Soldier of Fortune, to name a few I can remember.

I asked if you could get 1 for $10 they said no, but you can get 2 for $30, meh.

West Jordan Utah. There is a sign in the VG section that states they will match used video game prices at GC and GS for brand new games.

[quote name='xblaze23']23rd and 6th, NY Best Buy update:

Socom with bluetooth headset for ps3.
Brothers in Arms CE for 360 and ps3.
Saints Row 2 CE only for ps3, 360 sold out.
CoD WaW CE for 360.

I'm personally looking for Resident Evil 5 CE. I can pick up any of the items I mentioned to exchange or I'll pay the cost+tip.[/QUOTE]

The BB in Rego Park, Queens has one copy of RE5 CE left. That's pretty close to Manhattan... they also have Endwar, SFIV, Saints Row, CODWAW CE's ... but nothing I'm looking for unfortunately.

So I stopped into the BB located on Roosevelt Rd. in Chicago on a whim. And there sits a rack of clearance games--everything on the rack, pc games, ds, psp, 360, ps2, psp, wii--everything was $2.99.

From what I gathered this started at this particular BB yesterday and it mirrors what I found in LA (Santa Monica BB off of Pico Blvd) on Tuesday of this week (had collector's Saint's Row 2 for $14.99). My guess is that more urban/city oriented BBs (the smaller stores) are running extreme clearance sales. I'll post the receipt later, but it was a big haul, I'm giving some to my kids as gift, keeping a few, ebaying a couple of others. I got all of the following for $2.99 apiece:

PS2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero ENcore 80s
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
Singstar Pop Vol. 2
Buzz Jr.
Buzz Mega Quiz

PSP
NCAA Football 09
Wipeout Pulse

DS
Imagine Teacher; Imagine wedding planner; Imagine Movie Star (I have a 5 yr old daughter)
Hello Kitty Daily
Jumble Madness
Tony Hawk's Sk8land
Tony Hawk's Motion
Guitar Hero On Tour (game only)

There are a few others in there as well, but that's what I can see right now.

There were a few Wii/360 games (Lost via domus) Line Rider, a Cabella hunting game...so if you are in a metro area, check your city store and see what's up...

In total 27 games, 81 dollars.

Craptastic, maybe...but I can ebay the SIngstar and GH songs, get all my cash back + extra, give about a half dozen gifts to my kids, and still have a few things leftover (Wipeout Pulse, Ratchet/Clank) for myself. So while there may not be any pearls in the bunch, I'm pretty pleased, nonetheless.

slide-jumble madness is one of the few I'm going to play myself, though they had another on the shelf and I might head back there.

darkslime-I'm ebaying them pretty cheaply, but if there's something on the list you want, let me know...I'm not averse to offers.

Saw those Imagine games and other assorted DS games at my local BB but they were 7.99 to 14.99. Good haul for you though. My daughter loves the imagine games as well. :)

Well, guess I'll be hitting up my local BB though I HATE them with a passion. Hopefully the deal is reflected in the OC.

[quote name='darkslime']You're ebaying games? What the hell! Help out CAGs instead. :([/QUOTE]

He did help us out... he told us about the sale.

I really hate BB's clearance sales. They never happen with in 20 miles from here. Would love to grab FFIII that is sitting in the clearance bin at the one in Kenosha for $2.99

Went back, and noticed games in the 14.99 bin had stickers as well, managed to snag a Dragon Quest IV for $2.99 as well--been wanting that game...hurray for me.

[quote name='darkslime']You're ebaying games? What the hell! Help out CAGs instead. :([/QUOTE]

So either you were trolling the shit out of the HWV $4.99 thread (most likely) or you're a hypocritical asshole.

Either way, you're awful.

Let darkslime have his fun. I'm pretty sure many of us at one time or another have ebayed things, complained about ebaying things and then ebayed things again. I'm still giddy and high from $2.99 games!!!!

Yeah, I'm easily entertained...

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds for $20 (yes, it's been seen at WalMart for cheaper but I didn't see any) and Saints Row 2 Collector's PS3 for $20 (there was one left)

[quote name='loserboy']slide-jumble madness is one of the few I'm going to play myself, though they had another on the shelf and I might head back there.

darkslime-I'm ebaying them pretty cheaply, but if there's something on the list you want, let me know...I'm not averse to offers.[/QUOTE]

Let me know what its like.. one way it looks go anotehr way it looks awful.. was going to buy it off amazon but then starting to see screen shots thinking it looks like crap

(mostly a jumble thing more then a crossword game...)

hell i still have nintendwords or whatever its called that i still have not opened LOL

probally just ripped that open....

LOL i just got fantasy golf for the psp off ebay for 9.99 and earned 22 cents... WOOO im rich i have 22 cents to spend

if you sell them I would buy almost any and all Ds games (depends on the price) slaps self since i have a massive back log now (not conting the 10 goozex games i just got this week)

I NEED TO STOP BUYING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='loserboy']Went back, and noticed games in the 14.99 bin had stickers as well, managed to snag a Dragon Quest IV for $2.99 as well--been wanting that game...hurray for me.[/QUOTE]

DUDE! Wish i had your luck....would love to find DQ IV cheaper than 25 or 30 bucks much less 2.99. Congrats!

[quote name='Drizztd9']DUDE! Wish i had your luck....would love to find DQ IV cheaper than 25 or 30 bucks much less 2.99. Congrats![/QUOTE]

Same here. I would be ecstatic to find it for even $15.

bread's done
Back