Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
What does fraud make you? A decent and engaging member of society? What is wrong with you people defending shady behavior? This site does a great job helping people score deals the mainstream consumer doesn't get, so why defend being underhanded?

How is this thread still open? Returning a purchase to a different store is FRAUD. Not only that but the deal is ymmv and local, thread should be in the local thread so this pointless debate on return fraud can die.

[quote name='token2k6']General Educational Development - apparently people who can't graduate from high school have to get one of these in order to have any chance at a future...

I think he was calling you out!! damn!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm sure an education/income pissing contest would be fun with what may turn out to be just a 15 year old kid.

My position is if you act like a criminal, a short blunt epithet does a good job of calling somebody out for their anti-responsibility, anti-commerce, pro-fraud rant.

Act like a punk in public, and you just may get beaten to death.

BB North in Spokane, WA has a bunch of CE on clearance:

Halo Wars CE: 35% off
RE5 CE: 25% off
Brothers in Arms (the newest one, I guess) CE: 25% off
Singstar W/mics ps3: 25% off
Endwar with ps3 bluetooth Headset: $89.99 35% off (not exactly a great deal)

I've never seen any bins with $0.1 games or ANY discounted guides at either of my stores... lame!

Sioux City, IA

After class today, I went to Best Buy to check out their clearance games. This is the way their clearance games work:

Buy 1...$20
Buy 2...$30
Buy 3...$35
Buy 4...$40

Here's what I ended up getting:

Lego Indiana Jones (Originally $19.99)
Lego Batman (Originally $19.99)
Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition (Originally $39.99)
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition (Originally $29.99)

Not bad for $40.

[ Lenexa, KS ]

Apparently this store is having a "Garage Sale" Saturday morning (10/3) starting at 8am - "blowout prices on clearance and open box items" with a chance to win a Wii. Poking around some today their clearance/open box selection is pretty anemic, so unless they've got a secret stash I think I'll sleep in instead.

They did mysteriously have a 20gb Xbox 360 for (I think) $279 advertised.

The demo does not do this game justice.

I think it is more of a YMMV because it's much harder to find the non-GOTY edition nowadays.

[quote name='metalliguns69']I walked in to my best buy (dekalb, Il) and I saw 8 copies of little big planet and they had the 60% off sticker I wish I had money[/QUOTE]
Damn, I wish I was at NIU, I'll check my local Best Buy.

dam I wish I had a ps3 and this game :p. btw can someone tell me what ymmv stands for? Ive searched and I cant seem to find out what it means.

[quote name='sodipop']dam I wish I had a ps3 and this game :p. btw can someone tell me what ymmv stands for? Ive searched and I cant seem to find out what it means.[/QUOTE]

Your Mileage May Vary, meaning that it may be a regional deal or a store specific deal. Not something you would see in the weekly ads usually.

The game becomes a lot more fun if you have the PS eye and you put goofy pictures of you and your friends everywhere in the levels.

This game is WICKEDLY fun if you have 2+ players. There's something about the satisfying slapping sound and the image of your buddy's sack boy straining to keep balance... just makes you feel giddy, you know?

Playing alone isn't much fun really.

[quote name='ShadowHero10']The demo does not do this game justice.

I think it is more of a YMMV because it's much harder to find the non-GOTY edition nowadays.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, called three Best Buy's around here and none carry the game anymore. Only the GOTY edition. They do have it on their website, but it's still at MSRP. :cry:

I have the game already, and at first I was hesitant on buying it because it seemed like a little kids game, but now I can honestly say it's one of the funnest games on the PS3. If you can find it for $25, it's definitely a steal.

Stopped at my local BB last night and they had a HUGE table of video game/accessories for 70% off...

The one main thing that caught my eye was Tom Clancy: End War which my brother bought for his XBOX360 (they had the PS3 version as well which I may go back and get...)

It came with the XBOX360 wireless headset and the game and totaled like $25 bucks.

I'll go back today and try to take some pics and notes of the other games...

*EDIT - PIC!

6p53cx.jpg

Not a game but.... At my local BB in Kingsport, TN they had a Garmin 225W GPS bundle (2 chargers,case, & more) that was normally $249.99.... like this one in the link but was a bundle instead

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9252872&st=nuvi+225w&type=product&id=1218068797021

was marked down to $169.99 but what made it alot better deal was even though it was on clearance you could still use a 10% OFF Reward Zone coupon on it..... so after a $20 RZ certificate i had.....

So total cost for me was like $135

At my BB in Brandon, FL they had a sign for a free Fallout 3 guide with purchase of the game. Could be either version I assume. Also, there was more to the sign, but I dont remember all of it, however I beleive they would give it to you for free if you bought another guide. So free guide with purchase of game, or another guide.

I got last copy Muramasa: The Demon Blade (wii) 2 weeks after released day for $10.XX after taxes. It rang up $49.99 and need manager override :)

I picked up the limited edition of Blaz Blue (360) at Hulen/I20 in Ft. Worth for $30 clearance at Best Buy today. More jealous of the poster above who got Muramasa cheap. T_T

Today in Waterford ct I got Wii 2-pack no more heroes/ redsteel for $15, Xbox360 Dark Messiah Might and Magic Elements $10,xbox 360 Hot Wheels Beat That! $5 and The club ps3 $10

[quote name='wrencrest']At my BB in Brandon, FL they had a sign for a free Fallout 3 guide with purchase of the game. Could be either version I assume. Also, there was more to the sign, but I dont remember all of it, however I beleive they would give it to you for free if you bought another guide. So free guide with purchase of game, or another guide.[/QUOTE]

the original guide, non Game of the Year Edition , is now on the list for a penny. So if you see it and want it without buying a game or another guide it'll ring as a penny.

Prattville Alabama store has 50% off all special collectors editions titles across all consoles. This entails Endwar, RE5, SF4, Brothers in Arms, and likely anything else out there. Likely YMMV though as Montgomery BB didn't share the deal.

Pville also has a huge rack of $10 games for each console. Ive picked up many games over the past two weeks including:

Wii:
Castlevania Judgement
Sonic & The Golden Rings
Mushroom Men

360:
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Warhammer Battle March
Alone in the Dark
Stormrise
X Blades
Crash of the Titans
Condemned 1
Medal of Honor Airborne
Midnight Club LA
Golden Axe Beast Riders

Montgomery has a 75% off rack at the front of the store. Similar titles to the Pville store.

In Norwalk Ct they had a table 70% off I got Xbox360 Facebreaker and PS3 The club both for $6.00. Now I have to see if Bestbuy does returns on Clearance item because I bought A copy of the club from another bestbuy early this week for $10.00.

Bump to avoid cluttering the board with individual Best Buy YMMV threads. It's simple, if you have a YMMV Best Buy clearance (you'll know when because it involves a manager's override of the price at the register), post the deal and location here to help out CAG's in your area.

cough _ trying to keep this up so new CAGs can see and know where to post

I will go visit my local and copy down some of the YMMV stuff there after lunch and list it here.

Even though it's uber-YMMV, last week I found a clearance copy of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for PS3 for $20 at my BB. I'm only reporting this because 1) I was excited and 2) I haven't seen this game on clearance or even below $40. It was the only copy and I didn't see any XB copies. :whistle2:(

Josef's post above reminded me -- make sure they ring up the correct price for clearance games if it's one of those with the tiny white price sticker since it probably WON'T on its own. Chances are if you don't see a manager come over to override the price, you'll be paying too much...

bread's done
Back