Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']I have no idea why the title is sticking everything in lowercase. I've tried to edit it a few times and nothing. That's annoying as hell.[/QUOTE]

It's to keep people from typing like they've got a broken caps lock. It's actually a very good feature.

I already own the Collector's Edition of Blazblue for :ps3:, but for $20 I would gladly pick it up for my :360:!

...However, I don't think I've seen Blazblue in stock for a very long time. Nice find op!

I don't know if my store(s) will be open tomorrow due to the several inches of snow underneath an inch or so sheet of ice. I was gonna swing by BB today, but the entire shopping center was closed with the exception of one restaurant.

[quote name='Yenos']Where is the clearance normally located at BB. They just opened one where I live and would like to check out there stuff[/QUOTE]

The ones that I go to have tables set up in the middle towards the back, between the video games and the misc. electronic stuff (digital cameras, ipod accessories, etc). Other than that, there are sometimes bins near the front of the store.

I so want a copy of cross edge! If someone finds it for $10, I would be grateful for a pick up. I would like it to be someone with some trading cred though :).

[quote name='Yenos']Where is the clearance normally located at BB. They just opened one where I live and would like to check out there stuff[/QUOTE]The clearance section at this Best Buy was one row back from the video game section. It was a tiny litte 3' section and the rest of the row was empty like they were changing their floor plan or something. It seems to vary from store to store, though. Some stores put them on a table right as you walk in the door and some just throw them in a random bin.

Devil Survivor is a great DS game. Cool battle system, multiple endings, and an addicting demon fusing system ... I would buy it again at that price.

Anyone find a spare 360 BlazeBlue LE, I'll buy it for $35. BB clearance near me always sucks and snow has shut the city down.

I got the BlazBlue LE for 360 on clearance at the Best Buy in Fort Worth, TX on sale for $30 clearance a few months ago ($15 after using reward certificates).

I'll have to go by Best Buy tomorrow and check this out. They're the only store that I've actually seen have a copy of 360 Blazblue and $20 is an absolute steal!

my local best buy has a PS3 clearance section in a corner of the ps3 game section and that is in beginning but none of the games have prices and there is never anyone in gaming to help. A few of the titles I saw were lego batman, socom confrontation, bad company..

Damn... Couldn't find this thread on my BB today... I thought BlazBlue CE was on clearance. Left 2 on the shelf... Damn. Maybe I'll get another work run that way in the next couple of days.

rock band stage kit on outlet at bbuy for $24.99 at my local store, i got mine!
inventory checker-
bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1217030494915&sourceType=product&skuId=8969672&productId=1217030494915&itemId=1255628

Check spoiler for pic. An employee wouldn't honor the price, saying it was overflow, but there was no copies on the shelf and empty space where they were.
The sad thing is that @ $19.99 is below TIV @ Amazon.
0211001914.jpg

[quote name='reddjoey']Check spoiler for pic. An employee wouldn't honor the price, saying it was overflow, but there was no copies on the shelf and empty space where they were.
The sad thing is that @ $19.99 is below TIV @ Amazon.
0211001914.jpg
[/QUOTE]
you need to call corporate and complain, and send them that pic. Hello gift card.

Sometimes, you guys are fuckin ridiculous. That sign obviously does not apply to those Tony Hawk games. You probably will get a gift card if you whine to corporate though.

Found Spider-Man Web of Shadows and Cabellas Dangerous Hunts 2009, both 360, for 7.50 each, and Animal Crossing w/wii speak bundle for $30. Chicago, elston ave. Grabbed Spidey only, they had plenty of copies. In a bin with orange circles on them denoting 50% off. Some junk DS games in there too.

Web of Shadows is well worth the $7.50. An easy 1000 if you're an achievement whore and one of the better Spidey games ever made.

On topic: My BB seems to have completely quit doing clearance - wtf is up with that? They used to have an entire section for them. Now all they have is a pallet full of DS shovelware.

[quote name='Izod517']Web of Shadows is well worth the $7.50. An easy 1000 if you're an achievement whore and one of the better Spidey games ever made.

On topic: My BB seems to have completely quit doing clearance - wtf is up with that? They used to have an entire section for them. Now all they have is a pallet full of DS shovelware.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed my closest BB is doing sort of the opposite-- putting decoy red "clearance" flags on stuff that's still at MSRP (and the price tags themselves don't have the old price on them). All over the freakin' store. WTF is up with that? (I know, fooling people who don't know better, but it's ALL OVER the store..)

Today at BB I got Overlord II for ps3 $14.99, Alien sydrome for Wii $9.99 and Super Paper Mario for $24.99. Square yellow tag with hand written price. All were half the original price.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Monopoly Here and Now Xbox 360 - $15 - Good deal?[/QUOTE]

havent played it yet but i would like to get it for PS3 for that price. Ive been wanting the monopoly game for PS3 but the local store still has it priced at 30$.

I would bite, but maybe wait for thoughts from someone who has played it.

Went yesterday and saw the clearance. Mostly a bunch of junk titles. I did find Super Dodgeball Brawlers for Nintendo DS at $14.99 with a $29.99 sticker still on it. It is a fun game if you liked the previous incarnations.

[quote name='agentos']Went yesterday and saw the clearance. Mostly a bunch of junk titles. I did find Super Dodgeball Brawlers for Nintendo DS at $14.99 with a $29.99 sticker still on it. It is a fun game if you liked the previous incarnations.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that should be the price for that game at all Best Buys. So that one, at least, is not YMMV.

[quote name='TheWooz']I picked up on clearance Jurrassic The Hunter PS3 $15.00 and Raiden IV Xbox360 for $10.00[/QUOTE]

Wow.. Nice find on Raiden IV! I paid $20 and loved it.

Saw some possibly interesting DS titles last night on clearance, including Blue Dragon Plus. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin for $15. Also Lair for PS3 was $15 (although it might be debatable whether it's worth it even then).

A weird find at the Wilkes Barre Best Buy...

They had (1)360 and (2)PS3 versions of the Bioshock 2 special edition on the clearance rack... They were marked $99.99 with 25% off.. The outer jacket was a bit tattered on the one..

A bit odd they'd have something that new... I'm waiting for Bioshock 2 to drop in price before I bite... It seems like if you wait a few months the prices have recently been droppig like crazy...

Anyway, I thought someone here might be interested... They are located on stand near the registers..

[quote name='TheWooz']I picked up on clearance Jurrassic The Hunter PS3 $15.00 and Raiden IV Xbox360 for $10.00[/QUOTE]

damn, you got raiden for 10 bucks what a deal. all the bb near my sold out at 19.99

Yakuza 2 was $14.99 on clearance at a few different Best Buys I went to. I'm pretty sure that one may be universal since it didn't need a manager override.

bread's done
Back