Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

The funny thing about matching up with you in that game type was that I was actually trying to do the daily playlist to rebuild my legendary marks after iron banner spending spree and I picked the wrong one.  :beer:   I was unbelievably tired though since I had been through a full day of meetings and then my flight home didn't even land until after Midnight.  

gogomo - seems like that was what it was, arc blade is fully leveled, all nodes activated not just green and waiting...then the grueling rush of getting up the tower which was cake for the nightstalker w/triple jump and the Bones of Eao...once I got to the top however, not so much. I ended up switching to Gunslinger after 8 failed attempts and manged to pull it off in 2 tries. 1 Wizards went down w/Ruin Wake, 2nd w/a full clip of golden gun, and the 3rd with time to spare (literally not a name of a gun hahaha) a mixed array of shots and abilities. Got 5 unanswered kills in control w/the arc blade my first match in, then not a single heavy wpn pick up during the next few matches sadly. Fun part indeed...especially taking down a stormcaller and a sunbro mid super. Have to continue to remind myself, RB to swing not RT.

Io - I remember seeing the description saying you were raiding in the rings of Saturn. I was like, wow...this is the latest I've seen him on. Congrats on 320 and funny to get matched up w/GlockGlock. I got matched up with some guys from Europe, they all had accents and wanted to fireteam up and just do crucible instead of IB. That lasted 2 matches just to iron our fireteam bounties, of which I still have one left over from New Year's Eve. Meh.

Last night, did the daily heroic strike w/some 2 very team player focused players and popped 3oC's. 2 of us got Exotic drops...woot! Ported back to the Cryptarch, BOOM. Knucklehead Radar. I was excite. Tested it out, worked great w/Monte Carlo since I was so used to 3rd Eye on MIDA and Ace of Spades. Called it a night...

...next day, Xur shows up w/Knucklehead Radar. (Shakes fists)

At least mine dropped at 310 and from what I glanced has better stats...and now I can spend my strange coins on the heavy exotic and start to slowly produce exotic shards and upgrade some of these exotics.

Watched a video about pulse rifles and then looked in my inventory, I have a wild caught Hawksaw & Suros PDX-45. I had no idea how good these pulse rifles are. They both have Perfect Balance, SPO-57 scope that high lights enemies (I like this), and

Hawksaw: SPO-57 (high lighting sight), Perfect Balance, Headseeker, Snapshot/Smallbore (I opt'd for smallbore)

Suros PDX-45: SPO-57 (high lighting sight), Perfect Balance, Partial Refund, Single Point Sling/Rifled Barrel (I went Rifled for range)

The Hawksaw w/all the stability perks almost looks maxed out in stability. The Suros PDX just looked spanky and I get tons of assists...though I think the Hawksaw w/Headseeker and slightly better stability might be the stronger of the 2 for Crucible. Will give these a go and determine what the new primary is going to be. Suffice it to say, I'm excite to know I have some solid rolls.

Got two Oryx challenge kills in along with a partial Raid run (from Totems to Oryx).  On my 6th Oryx challenge kill I finally got a helmet - and it was for my Warlock so I'm glad I didn't use my one and only SRL helm to upgrade one of my other Warlock helms.  The thing is, I think my 319 Harrowed helm is better so I'll probably put the new 320 one into that one.  But then I'm legit 320 when raiding.  I finally put one of my 320 primaries into my Touch of Malice and made that 317.   If I burn another for it, then I'll have a 320 there and could be 320 throughout the raid, though without the use of an exotic armor piece since I don't have any of those at 320 yet.

Then I finally caved in and bought ARK and played that for 4 hours.  I may be playing Destiny quite a bit less from now on but I'll still try to raid 3x every week.  And I would still like to do those CAG raids with the raid newbies.  Let's get that scheduled for some time soon.  I wouldn't even mind starting with King's Fall since it would get you guys some good relevant gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, CAG raid newb run!

I actually would be fine just doing a Skolas PoE run to start, I have this key and after seeing ppl sword block the taint debuff, it looks like it can go extremely smoothly and quick. Being I haven't opened any PoE chests, this would likely be the most profitable.

Funny, every time I see the racing helmet with a shader that highlights the visor bars I keep thinking of the Ford F-150 grill. I actually miss the racing helm w/the rabbit ears because what it does to hunter cloaks.

Yay, CAG raid newb run!

I actually would be fine just doing a Skolas PoE run to start, I have this key and after seeing ppl sword block the taint, it looks like it can go extremely smoothly and quick. Being I haven't opened any PoE chests, this would likely be the most profitable.

Funny, every time I see the racing helmet with a shader that highlights the visor bars I keep thinking of the Ford F-150 grill. I actually miss the racing helm w/the rabbit ears because what it does to hunter cloaks.
I was hoping to get the jade rabbit chest armor. Never got it to drop. In fact the only chest drop I got was the circuit one. Got a full set of the armor that can't change color...
I have never done Skolas so if you run it next week I might be able to join.

I was hoping to get the jade rabbit chest armor. Never got it to drop. In fact the only chest drop I got was the circuit one. Got a full set of the armor that can't change color...
Same. I have Jade Rabbit helmet, gloves, and boots but no chest. The only chest I remember getting w/stats was the Bright armor, of which I have a helmet for as well...I also remember dismantling a lot of stuff just based on how low the light levels were. If I knew a complete set lit up I would have saved at least one sooner than later.

I'm down.

I just hit 40, haven't really done any PvE stuff, mostly crucible. Would love to join a CAG raid one weekend
From experience, I recommend you try and do some of TTK story missions otherwise you won't have access to a lot of content or you'll be missing out on certain aspects of content. Also when the daily heroic mission is a TTK mission, even if you complete it successfully it doesn't seem to count for progress in your story line mission progress...i.e. you'll have to do it as a fireteam leader or solo.

I haven't done Skolas yet either, I'll see if you guys are on later.
I have to be up early during the week, so I'm not usually on late, but tonight I should be.

...and I'd love to do Vault of Glass with io too, when is good for everyone?
Afternoon? Night?
I should be pretty available for either: Sat, Sun afternoon or Sat night.

We haven't done very many CAG raids since Crota so let me know if you are organizing something.  I always enjoyed playing with a group as opposed to going the LFG route.  Any newer players who don't have me on their FL send me a request.  I'm back to playing most days.  Tried to add some of you but not everyone has a GT in their signature or profile.

I got my first Challenge Mode Oryx kill last night from an LFG group.  After getting into a couple groups that broke up after a few wipes I found one that was able to first time it.  It is amazing how easy this 16 orb method is once you get the strategy down.  No stupid wipes from running from the mortars or not being able to get back to the orbs after detonating them.  Got a 320 HC that will be good infusion fuel, along with all the other bells and whistles you get from your first clear.  Still no hard mode helmet from all my clears.  This is getting to be Hunger of Crota/Black Hammer level of frustrating.  I really cannot push any higher than 317 if I can't get a helmet above 310.  Everyone else I have is 315 or higher, and most are close to 320.

What are the thresholds to infusing to 320?  A 314+ Legendary will infuse to 320 and a 315+ Exotic will infuse to 320 or is it different?

Hawksaw: SPO-57 (high lighting sight), Perfect Balance, Headseeker, Snapshot/Smallbore (I opt'd for smallbore)
I know everyone raves about Headseeker on a pulse rifle, so that looks pretty good.

Yay, CAG raid newb run!

I actually would be fine just doing a Skolas PoE run to start, I have this key and after seeing ppl sword block the taint debuff, it looks like it can go extremely smoothly and quick. Being I haven't opened any PoE chests, this would likely be the most profitable.
Yeah, I guess you weren't playing it that much then. We should run that then.

I just hit 40, haven't really done any PvE stuff, mostly crucible. Would love to join a CAG raid one weekend
...and I'd love to do Vault of Glass with io too, when is good for everyone?
Afternoon? Night?
I should be pretty available for either: Sat, Sun afternoon or Sat night.
We haven't done very many CAG raids since Crota so let me know if you are organizing something. I always enjoyed playing with a group as opposed to going the LFG route. Any newer players who don't have me on their FL send me a request. I'm back to playing most days. Tried to add some of you but not everyone has a GT in their signature or profile.

What are the thresholds to infusing to 320? A 314+ Legendary will infuse to 320 and a 315+ Exotic will infuse to 320 or is it different?
I'm not usually free during the day though I might be able to make an exception on the weekend. Otherwise I can play at night, usually 9pm or later Pacific. Again, I can make exceptions to that on occasion. One of the reasons I stopped raiding with the CAG group was that most of the people here wanted to go at 6-7 pm my time and that is smack in the middle of dinner/family time for me. Like I said, though, I can do that on occasion. Once my oldest goes back to college this Sunday, though, I might be able to get an earlier run in (possibly on Sunday evening).

I would suggest we actually go through King's Fall first - just because I am currently more familiar with that. It has been a while since I played VoG or Crota. We can probably get through King's Fall (on Normal) faster.

Glock, there is an infusion calculator web site that you can check to be sure, but in general, legendaries will go up 6 levels, while exotics will only go up 4 (without losing any that is). So, for example, I know for sure a 314 legendary will go to 320 and a 316 exotic will go to 320. If you try a 315 exotic it will only go to 319 though.

So for the special emblem do you have to do a mission, or would a Raid count?  I guess to be safe I'll try to run a Daily tonight or tomorrow.

Yea, I use the calculator in the chrome extension that integrates the calculation into it but you have to actually have the items you want to use in your inventory. I probably don't have enough to get an exotic to 320 so I'm guessing I'll take my hung jury from 316 to the max. I am usually a scout rifle user, although I really liked using Nirwen's Mercy during last iron banner.

Any other suggestions what to max?

So for the special emblem do you have to do a mission, or would a Raid count? I guess to be safe I'll try to run a Daily tonight or tomorrow.
This is what it says in the email blast they sent out:

Sorry this formatted so horribly: Better info in this link:

http://blog.destinydb.com/article/112/pick-up-rewards-from-the-destiny-postmaster-today

All players have been awarded 15 Motes of
Light and 15 Strange Coins. Earn the
exclusive "Rising Light" emblem just for
playing. Log on and play any Destiny activity
during the event to receive credit.*

Rewards: Rising Light Emblem

*Open to all Destiny players. One set of rewards per account. Emblems issued 1/12/16. Must log-in by 2/17/16 to receive Strange Coins and Motes of Light.

Glock, this is the infusion calculator that I've been using.
http://www.destinyinfused.com
Once in a while it will be off by one point, but for the most part its pretty accurate. You don't need to have the items, you can input any numbers.

Yeah, io if you want to start with Kings Fall, I'd be up for it, but just be forwarned, I was pretty terrible the one time I tried theTomb Ships.

Yeah, io if you want to start with Kings Fall, I'd be up for it, but just be forwarned, I was pretty terrible the one time I tried theTomb Ships.
Yeah, the ships are a pain the first few times you do them. But you get used to them. If you are a Hunter and have Bones of Eao I feel that is the easiest. Titan is next easiest. Warlock is probably the hardest.

But... Worse comes to worst, we can get through there and pull you into the Totems part. All you get in that part is a chest with 2 moldering shards and some ammo synths.

From experience, I recommend you try and do some of TTK story missions otherwise you won't have access to a lot of content or you'll be missing out on certain aspects of content. Also when the daily heroic mission is a TTK mission, even if you complete it successfully it doesn't seem to count for progress in your story line mission progress...i.e. you'll have to do it as a fireteam leader or solo.
Sounds good, I think I'll run through some of the pve stuff this weekend and hopefully I'll be up to speed and have a light level a bit more respectable haha. Feel free to add me on XBL guys, Millertime2325 is my tag (opposite numbers to my username here)

Yeah...despite having a very well rolled pulse rifle I'm apparently not a pulse rifle guy in crucible. I lost more trades than with a scout rifle or even an AR. I suppose I just need to get used to it or not at all. Haha.

I was expecting something more from the gunslinger quest line, I guess an emblem is probably better than an item is likely dismantle any how. At least mayhem clash is a great place to grind out the subclass quests as well as ruin my K/D in the process. So many sun bro with shotguns floating to me and having more armor than I can DPS down without a super active.

I got Bones and a hunter.

What is your gamertag? Are we already friends on Live?

It looks like we might be able to do something Sunday evening. Say 7pm Pacific or so? I'll try to be on then.

Flacksguy
Same as my name here.

Not sure how long I can be on for at that time, I typically have to be up pretty early during the week, and I'm on the east coast.

Just got the Grasp of Malok from the Omnigul strike, which was a nice surprise even if it did come with a lousy roll.
It isn't too bad in Crucible.

Flacksguy
Same as my name here.

Not sure how long I can be on for at that time, I typically have to be up pretty early during the week, and I'm on the east coast.
That's why I made it so early. Normally I don't play until 9-10 Pacific ;). And actually, I may not be home by 7 tomorrow - we'll see. But I'll hop on as soon as I get home. If we can't get 6 for a full Raid, then 100xp and Moose, maybe we can get that Skolas run in.

That's why I made it so early. Normally I don't play until 9-10 Pacific ;). And actually, I may not be home by 7 tomorrow - we'll see. But I'll hop on as soon as I get home. If we can't get 6 for a full Raid, then 100xp and Moose, maybe we can get that Skolas run in.
I won't be home Sunday, but don't let me hold things up. If there's a group to ahead and run it.

Skolas run with sword block was hilarious. It's like you're getting hit with an invisible attack and just be ready and sword blocking when the count down is at 0:02. Plus It helps to have Io and Flacksguy melting things and generating orbs with you. I was concerned that the boss loot chest might buy as some players didn't get the shader or ship...I got everything for a first timer with a key. 3oC and Skolas dropped the don't touch me gloves at 310 which is great and the guaranteed chest said here's your year 1 gallajorn so you can hug while watching old videos of how awesome it used to be.

returned to the tower for dead orbit to reward me with a faction ship. Probably got jelly I flew in on the Skolas reward ship and said well we can't have that...so I'm flying my new dead orbit ship. Lol.

Learned that vanguard enemy type bounties don't work in PoE, I.e. Kill 50 fallen didn't register at all despite killing a lot of fallen in two PoE instances.

Good times good times.

Yeah, that was fun, taking out Skolas. Good to cross that off my list.
Its nice to be a couple of levels higher when doing these things, we really didn't work up much of a sweat.

Learned that vanguard enemy type bounties don't work in PoE, I.e. Kill 50 fallen didn't register at all despite killing a lot of fallen in two PoE instances.
Yep, no experience in general either, other than when you complete it. Thankfully, the Kings Fall raid is not like that.

But it took us. what, a half an hour to go through the entire Level 35 PoE? I remember spending 4+ hours on that and not completing it a few times.

Yep, no experience in general either, other than when you complete it. Thankfully, the Kings Fall raid is not like that.

But it took us. what, a half an hour to go through the entire Level 35 PoE? I remember spending 4+ hours on that and not completing it a few times.
I think it took 45 mins total only because we had to run me though the lvl 28 easy PoE first to unlock Skolas. Hahaha. Definitely worth the run, especially since he's such a prime 3oC boss and cake now if you bring a sword.

I'll be on in an hour cleaning up bounties and my vault.

Need some help (clarification) w/the calcified fragments quest.

I found 2 off the bat and spoke w/Eris...she took both. Went back to the same location and they aren't there, I'm guessing they can only be looted once per account.

Read there's some ppl who have collected more than requested and Eris is just hungry for them and eats them all making it impossible for ppl to finish the actual quest.

Also read somewhere while you're collecting 5, they recommend you go and collect 15 instead so you can unlock a 2nd quest for some hunger armor. That sounds great but I don't want to collect 5+ only for Eris to pocket them w/out credit and thus shutting me out of this quest for unique loot.

In other news: Crappy SABER boss last night dropped 3 blues all of which were ca ca sauce sprinkled with 3oC's crumbs. I got a Red Specter from a crucible drop, it looks badass hanging off your back...unfortunately the rolls were less than greater and that's about the only thing good about it. It did drop at 290 so I have primary fuel for anything Xur might be selling next.

I found 2 off the bat and spoke w/Eris...she took both. Went back to the same location and they aren't there, I'm guessing they can only be looted once per account.

Read there's some ppl who have collected more than requested and Eris is just hungry for them and eats them all making it impossible for ppl to finish the actual quest.

Also read somewhere while you're collecting 5, they recommend you go and collect 15 instead so you can unlock a 2nd quest for some hunger armor. That sounds great but I don't want to collect 5+ only for Eris to pocket them w/out credit and thus shutting me out of this quest for unique loot.

In other news: Crappy SABER boss last night dropped 3 blues all of which were ca ca sauce sprinkled with 3oC's crumbs. I got a Red Specter from a crucible drop, it looks badass hanging off your back...unfortunately the rolls were less than greater and that's about the only thing good about it. It did drop at 290 so I have primary fuel for anything Xur might be selling next.
You can't collect more than needed. She just keeps needing more. Think of them more like dead ghosts than a consumable like the helium filaments. They unlock Grimoire and there are 50 total in the game. You can use destinyghosthunter.net to see any dead ghosts or fragments you've missed. For the fragments just look at the dreadnaught section.

You can't collect more than needed. She just keeps needing more. Think of them more like dead ghosts than a consumable like the helium filaments. They unlock Grimoire and there are 50 total in the game. You can use destinyghosthunter.net to see any dead ghosts or fragments you've missed. For the fragments just look at the dreadnaught section.
I'm confused...I found 1, collected it...continued doing dreadnaught missions and found a 2nd, collected that so I had 2 in my special inventory section. Went to Eris, she gave me the quest and took both I had. So, are you saying they only are collectible/appear when you have an active quest to prevent over harvesting etc?

Reading more, if I'm careful, I should still be able to do it since I've only collected 2 of the 50 and iirc, I only need 45 total so there's some room for error, overlooking, etc. I'll definitely had my iPad open when I finally hunt for all of these.

To add to what Renegade Moose said, if you have more than one character, make sure to grab the fragments on one character first. You need 45 minimum on one character for the exotic Touch of Malice gun. There is no way to track which character has collected which specific fragment; all sites only show your fragments at the account level. So if you picked some up with one character, and picked others up with another character, you won't know which ones you missed on each character based on the websites.

To add to what Renegade Moose said, if you have more than one character, make sure to grab the fragments on one character first. You need 45 minimum on one character for the exotic Touch of Malice gun. There is no way to track which character has collected which specific fragment; all sites only show your fragments at the account level. So if you picked some up with one character, and picked others up with another character, you won't know which ones you missed on each character based on the websites.
Thanks for the tip.

I only have 1 character so I should be safe for the time being.

I'm confused...I found 1, collected it...continued doing dreadnaught missions and found a 2nd, collected that so I had 2 in my special inventory section. Went to Eris, she gave me the quest and took both I had. So, are you saying they only are collectible/appear when you have an active quest to prevent over harvesting etc?

Reading more, if I'm careful, I should still be able to do it since I've only collected 2 of the 50 and iirc, I only need 45 total so there's some room for error, overlooking, etc. I'll definitely had my iPad open when I finally hunt for all of these.
I don't remember fragments showing in inventory... But it was a long time ago that I did it. Are you sure you're not thinking of hadium flakes? Because Eric's Mom loves those too.

I don't remember fragments showing in inventory... But it was a long time ago that I did it. Are you sure you're not thinking of hadium flakes? Because Eric's Mom loves those too.
The bottom on your inventory where your Faction badge appears, there's a box where I remember seeing calcified fragments sitting. When I had (1) then (2)...now there's none after Eris ate them. So currently I have a Dead Orbit Badge and the Sleeper Stimulant Core thing.

Hadium flakes I know are from chests, I collected 25 of those for the exotic sword quest which I'm still doing. (I have to down about a dozen more guardians in crucible w/the sword...sigh, proving to be very slow going at this point after a great streaky start)

I'll do a tour of the deadnaught later and see if location 3+ for the c_fragment is there and collectible, etc.

Eris just texted me that hadium flakes are G-r-r-reat! ...but still wants calcified fragments.

Ah, got it. So it was in the quest item section. I do not remember that at all... Haha.
Yeah I don't ever remember them being there too.

100xp - when you are in orbit go to the dreadnaught selection screen and it will show you how many fragments you have collected in total. This will be a running total and shouldn't change no matter what Eris does. And of course the tracker site that Moose mentioned will do the same. But yeah, think of them more like ghosts. I never thought Eris "consumed" them so much as she just required that you have different amounts to unlock different stages of the Touch of Malice quest.

Note also that of the 50, 3 are from the King's Fall challenge modes. I'm not sure if you can get them in Normal or not, but keep that in mind. Oh yeah, and I think 4 more are in the Raid itself. There's also several from the Court of Oryx. Each level 2 (Stolen rune) combination nets you one. Then each of the 3 Antiquated rune bosses will give you one. You have to be the one doing the summoning though. A couple are in the Dreadnaught strikes and a few are only available in certain story missions.

I can show you where some are in the Dreadnaught, though it has been a while. Only 1 there is really hard to get (requires fast running/jumping on invisible platforms). I got that one as my 50th, even after the challenge mode ones (and only because there is a shader you get from Eris once you get all 50).

I'm definitely up for doing a Normal King's Fall CAG run this week.  It would be a good time for the raid newbies to get the challenge mode done on the Warpriest, too, since that one is so easy.  I'll be doing probably just 1 full run and 2 more quick Warpriest kills (on hard) all hopefully tonight so I wouldn't mind running the whole raid (even on Normal) on one of those alternate characters some time later in the week.  At least I'll get shards ;).

I vote for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
(I'm actually off Monday, so I can hang around later than last time)

Did everyone get their Days of Dawning emblem? I got an email for it, but I haven't even checked on it.
I got my third straight Bones of Eao yesterday, which is fine, at least they're all 310 and I can infuse other boots, I would just like a primary engram once in a while.

I vote for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
(I'm actually off Monday, so I can hang around later than last time)

Did everyone get their Days of Dawning emblem? I got an email for it, but I haven't even checked on it.
I got my third straight Bones of Eao yesterday, which is fine, at least they're all 310 and I can infuse other boots, I would just like a primary engram once in a while.
Yes, your Dawning emblem should be available through the emblem kiosk back by the Speaker. There will be no notification icon at the Tower, you'll just have to go pull it from the kiosk.

Re: Emblems & Shaders

- can i discard/delete them and just pick them back up at the appropriate kiosk? I'm starting to run out of general inventory space.

I found out I'm really bad at any playlist that doesn't allow for radar, I also noticed I'm getting sniped by hand cannons from what seems to be long range more often that I'd like to acknowledge. Somehow I'm getting head shot from no where and when I see the respawn screen, that guy is much further than what seems reasonable for aim assist and damage fall off for a Hawkmoon or Last Word. Of course I've never owned either so I have no idea what it's packing.

I got the vanguard hand cannon (Down & Doubt 00-0) as a rep reward and it feels better than the Ace of Spades one. I came w/Luck in the Chamber, Extended Mag (vs. Oiled Frame), and Firefly (vs. Eye of the Storm).

1 guardian kill shy of finishing this part of the exotic sword quest...holy crap, this is taking forever.

Yeah, delete those extra emblems and shaders, you can pick them back up any time from the kiosk.

Xbox Live was down all afternoon and most of the evening yesterday, so I didn't get anything done.
.....and tonight is Rangers/Islanders so....

Yea, Live was hosed all day yesterday for me so I didn't play at all.  I did get a 320 sniper drop from Warpriest on my last clear of the week so I can get my 1000 yd stare up to max finally.   I am pretty much stuck again now unless I can get random 320 drops from the raid.

I know you could get 320 helmets in SRL but was it easy to get 320 class items as well?  That is the item I have the lowest light in on average across my characters (outside of helmets).  Ghost my max is 317, but there is really no solution for that since there are no guaranteed drops.  Just have to hope for RNG luck in Iron Banner when it rolls around or at a totems drop.

I got (2) 320 helms from SRL plus a bunch of helmets ranging from 310 - 318. I only raced w/my hunter but I managed to snag (1) 319 cloak and a couple 318's...along with a bunch of 310-316 cloaks.

Thanks for the confirmation re: Emblems & Shaders, I guess in addition to buying hvy synths I can start spending glimmer on shaders and emblems just because why not.

Luck in the Chamber round sounds cool...I'm glad they added a unique sound effect when it goes off.

I'm seeing a lot of ppl using 1000 yard stare, after checking the perks...I'm not understanding why it's such a popular sniper rifle compared to a lot of the armsdays ones and other faction ones. Is there something I'm missing? I have one myself from the Vanguard quest line and it does in fact shoot differently from say Stillpiercer and Eirene R44, but I still haven't decided which one I prefer in Crucible yet...though currently leaning towards Stillpiercer because it has enhanced radar resolution. Insight?

When is the next Iron Banner? Dec was time I participated or even heard about it.

I know you could get 320 helmets in SRL but was it easy to get 320 class items as well?
No, not easy at all. Nowhere close to the amount of helmets that dropped.
....and when they did finally drop, they were RARELY 320.

The next Iron Banner should be the last week of Jan.
The 26th thru the 1st. Which is a pain, because its also the same week as the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction, which I do not miss, and in addition, that is NHL all-star weekend.

I got (2) 320 helms from SRL plus a bunch of helmets ranging from 310 - 318. I only raced w/my hunter but I managed to snag (1) 319 cloak and a couple 318's...along with a bunch of 310-316 cloaks.

Thanks for the confirmation re: Emblems & Shaders, I guess in addition to buying hvy synths I can start spending glimmer on shaders and emblems just because why not.

Luck in the Chamber round sounds cool...I'm glad they added a unique sound effect when it goes off.

I'm seeing a lot of ppl using 1000 yard stare, after checking the perks...I'm not understanding why it's such a popular sniper rifle compared to a lot of the armsdays ones and other faction ones. Is there something I'm missing? I have one myself from the Vanguard quest line and it does in fact shoot differently from say Stillpiercer and Eirene R44, but I still haven't decided which one I prefer in Crucible yet...though currently leaning towards Stillpiercer because it has enhanced radar resolution. Insight?

When is the next Iron Banner? Dec was time I participated or even heard about it.
The 1000 yard stare was a questline drop and the base roll from the Vanguard is decent so it probably gets used alot just because of that. Same reason everyone uses the Conspiracy Theory shotgun. Personally I had an incredible roll on a drop for mine so that is why I use it. Triple Tap, Casket Mag and Outlaw, which basically gives it 6 rounds in the clip like the old LDR or Nefertiti Spear. Wrecks warpriest and other bosses. I use it over Black Spindle just to keep my exotic spot open and most of the time I lead in damage to Warpriest and Golgoroth on teams with people using the Spindle.

It definitely is not the best sniper for MP, but there is still a decent sized part of the player base that doesn't touch Crucible, Trials, or Iron Banner. I also think the Gunsmith weekly packages are one of the most underused parts of the game. I'm willing to bet many people never even check it weekly. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a larger than you realize piece of the player base that doesn't even know about the changes that happened between Y1 and Y2 with the gunsmith.

That explains a lot...yeah I agree I only recently discovered arms day and the gunsmith stuff.

My arms day scout rifle has 61 impact and 98 range...I use it over hung jury now in PVE because it also has firefly, it just has a slower RoF and reload but man it packs a punch. I'm trying to see if I can use it as a hybrid sniper rifle in crucible and on certain maps it feels like a long range hand cannon. As for shotguns I'm still use to how they felt in halo so I'm still trying to find one that feels right for crucible as well even though I have party crasher, invective, and a bunch of vendor ones.

I got the vanguard hand cannon (Down & Doubt 00-0) as a rep reward and it feels better than the Ace of Spades one. I came w/Luck in the Chamber, Extended Mag (vs. Oiled Frame), and Firefly (vs. Eye of the Storm).
First Curse is much better than Ace of Spades. Work on getting that!

Yea, Live was hosed all day yesterday for me so I didn't play at all. I did get a 320 sniper drop from Warpriest on my last clear of the week so I can get my 1000 yd stare up to max finally. I am pretty much stuck again now unless I can get random 320 drops from the raid.

I know you could get 320 helmets in SRL but was it easy to get 320 class items as well? That is the item I have the lowest light in on average across my characters (outside of helmets). Ghost my max is 317, but there is really no solution for that since there are no guaranteed drops. Just have to hope for RNG luck in Iron Banner when it rolls around or at a totems drop.
I play on PS4, but the highest class item I got from SRL was 318. Only received one other above 315. Meanwhile, I had 4 helmets drop at 320.
It was the opposite for me. I got 2 or 3 320 class items but only got one 320 helmet. I got way more helmet drops, but I just had bad luck on the rolls I guess. Because I did an assload of racing - probably more then most, if not all, CAGs.

I am feeling pretty good that I got those 3 320 ghost shells from the time before last on Iron Banner. They didn't drop nearly as much last time and it seems that everyone I know is just missing that ghost shell to be 320. I finally made my Warlock 320 with a Golgoroth helmet 320 drop (and giving my Hunter's 320 boots to my Warlock). The thing holding me back on my other two characters is those damn boots - hopefully Golgy next week gives me 2 pairs of boots.

I still have one more Warpriest challenge to complete. So far this week I've gotten a heavy and a special. The special went into making my Chaperone 320. I already have 320 1000-yard stare, Conspiracy Theory, Black Spindle, and Telesto (as well as one 320 Defiance of Yasmin raid sniper that I just kept). If I get any more, I'll start upgrading extra 1000-Yard Stares just so I can always have a 320 sniper on each character and don't have to swap so much. Or maybe I'll give each character a 320 Conspiracy Theory (which I use way more often).

On the Heavy side I could use a few more. I only have Truth and an awesomely rolled Bretomart's Stand (IB machine gun) at 320. That Bretomart has rangefinder and (potential) health regen with kills, along with a stability perk. It is pretty nice for Crucible - kind of like the old Jolder's Hammer. But I still have all 3 exotic swords, Thunderlord, a legendary RL with proximity, and a few others I could push to 320 so I could use lots more 320 heavy drops from Warpriest.

Hopefully I'll get that last clear in tonight. I actually had decent luck with my regular drops last night. I got a 319 fusion rifle and TWO hard mode primaries from Oryx: at 317 and 319. I made my Mida 317 and haven't decided what to do with the 319 yet. I've never settled on a go-to legendary primary so I'm not sure what to do with it. I really like that Haakon's Hatchet though so maybe I'll do that one. Or I might just bump up my Red Death from 314.

If you guys want to do a CAG run of King's Fall I suggest Friday night as the best time. I will try to be on around 8pm Pacific and hopefully there are enough of us to get it done - but it is kind of on you guys to get it going. I won't be getting anything from the Raid as I'll probably have done full runs on all 3 characters (with the possible exception of one Oryx kill). If any vets (Glock, Simo, Moose, etc) can help out that would be great.

I can do Friday/tomorrow night.
Is anybody else interested in showing 100 and I the ropes. I'm sure I could dig up a couple more bodies, but it would be fun to make this an all CAG raid.

I can do Friday/tomorrow night.
Is anybody else interested in showing 100 and I the ropes. I'm sure I could dig up a couple more bodies, but it would be fun to make this an all CAG raid.
Yeah, so far we pretty much have 3. I thought there were a few others who hadn't done Raids who showed some interest? But maybe they don't play that often/check this thread daily ;). I'd really rather not fill it out with LFG people but I guess we can if we have to. If we get some more of the vets we can get through it pretty quickly while also showing these guys how it's done.

bread's done
Back