Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Yep, that experience yesterday reminded me of Trials and why I took a break from this game over the summer. I contemplated sending my Xbox out the window and onto the street last night. But for crying out loud, imagine struggling with the Raid for so long and then finally beating it only to get no rewards because of what time it was. Man, that sucked. Apparently if you try the story mission at 240 now, the door to the ketch is not open so you can't do it. If the door is open, you should get the reward, no matter the fuck ing time of day.

But yeah, the sword quest you get when the sword is maxed and over a certain level. I'm not sure what, exactly. Mine was 295 when I got it (but I hadn't maxed out the perks yet). And when we beat it at reset we did have 2 guys with exotic swords so that probably did help quite a bit.

Let's do that rumble thing tonight if possible. I'll want to do it twice (and eventually 3 times) for all the different swords but first things first I just want to get that initial one. I want to make progress somewhere on this game after yesterday's fiasco. We might also be raiding from the start. If we can get the guy who helped me with that mission and then took us into Oryx we can probably get pretty far. He's a beast.
For the sword it has to be at least at 280 and completely leveled up to get the start of the exotic part.

Don't forget you guys you can only bring a fire-team of three into a Rumble match. Still totally possible to cheese that part with the three fo you just saying careful not to have four and feel bad having to kick someone haha

I myself am current planning on hunting for Calcified Fragments for the new exotic Scout here.. http://www.shacknews.com/article/91411/destiny-the-taken-king---how-to-get-the-touch-of-malice-exotic-scout-rifle

That means I just need to grab like ten on the Dread and kill the one Taken and then I can have the quest where I need stuff from the Raid Bosses. I hopefully will try to get that stuff done earlier and then I would be finally 100% game to Raid from the beginning. I know all the jumping parts and all that jazz but nothing after those, though as you guys know I pick up pretty well.

I saw somebody with that gun yesterday.  Wow, that is a lot of stuff to do to get it.  I think I have 25 fragments so far though so I'm on my way.  I need to make sure I got all the easy ones at least.

Had a little bit better time in Destiny last night.  We started the Raid from the beginning and this time I got a 307 ghost shell to replace my 300 one.  I also ended up with a Raid fusion rifle, and I have no idea when I got it.  I didn't think we got to anything that dropped weapons yet.  We did manage to beat the Warpriest on our last try of the night.  Of course, had I (and a few others) had the Black Spindle it might have gone a lot faster.  People with that were doing 15k damage with weapons of light.  My blue 298 sniper was only doing 9K.  It didn't look like anyone got anything from the Warpriest other than the quest item.  I got my fusion rifle before we beat that part.

It was nice to be Broly's guide for once.  He had led me and a few other CAGs on our first run through Atheon way back about a year ago.  Looking back on it I can't believe us 26 and 27's with crappy weapons managed to get through that whole Raid in one sitting.  Of course, there were a few cheeses to make it easier back then ;).

All the engrams I got from it were not so great, but I finally got a decent helmet engram (298 or so) from Court of Oryx.  I'm at 298 now.  I think I might even be able to hit 300 with a couple better blues (my gloves and boots are 295 or less now).  Of course, once again, had the stupid 310 sniper dropped like it should have when we beat that mission I'd probably be at 300 or damn close and then I could decrypt the exotic engrams I saved and get some 310's.  But that will have to wait...

Oh yeah, and I ranked up Crota's Bane to 7 and Eris finally gave me an Antiquated Rune.  I'll want to run that if anyone wants to get a group together for mini-Crota.

Last edited by a moderator:
What quest item? The stuff for Eris? Also glad you guys managed to beat him... Was it shortly after I left?
Yea, one of the Eris quest items. It took at least another hour after you guys left, might have even been longer. We had him down to about 1% at least a couple more times, including a time where he was probably one more shot away from being done. On the last try everything worked out and we had him well under 25% health when it came time for the last DPS phase.

Is there a loot table out for the raid yet? Did we even have a chance to get any raid weapons or armor from the warpriest? Guessing you don't get anything but shards from the hidden chests and only the Ghost from the first deathsingers part. Seems odd nobody received anything from the Warpriest unless the only good drop points are Golgoroth, Deathsingers 2.0 and Oryx.

When do you get the quest for the 300 artifact? I am at the point now where I am almost 290 on my 2 other characters and I could make a big leap with that Artifact from Court of Oryx. Or possibly with some good engram RNG. Either way I'd be down to run Court of Oryx. I have a couple antequated runs and a quest line that requires me to defeat the Antiquated boss in under 2 minutes.

Yea, one of the Eris quest items. It took at least another hour after you guys left, might have even been longer. We had him down to about 1% at least a couple more times, including a time where he was probably one more shot away from being done. On the last try everything worked out and we had him well under 25% health when it came time for the last DPS phase.

Is there a loot table out for the raid yet? Did we even have a chance to get any raid weapons or armor from the warpriest? Guessing you don't get anything but shards from the hidden chests and only the Ghost from the first deathsingers part. Seems odd nobody received anything from the Warpriest unless the only good drop points are Golgoroth, Deathsingers 2.0 and Oryx.

When do you get the quest for the 300 artifact? I am at the point now where I am almost 290 on my 2 other characters and I could make a big leap with that Artifact from Court of Oryx. Or possibly with some good engram RNG. Either way I'd be down to run Court of Oryx. I have a couple antequated runs and a quest line that requires me to defeat the Antiquated boss in under 2 minutes.
From Reddit feedback:

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] First chest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Ghost, Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Hidden chest after the ships before totems[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Shards, Ghost (?), wormspore, hadium flakes, ammo synth[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Chest after totems[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: Ghost, Fusion rifle, Shards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· War priest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Ghost, Fusion rifle, Sniper, Machine gun, Rocket launcher, Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Golgoroth maze chest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Golgoroth[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Boots, Chest, Gloves, Fusion rifle, Shotgun, Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Piston jumping puzzle chest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Exotic armor or weapon (low chance), Shards, Hadium flakes, Wormspore, Ammo synth[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Daughters[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Shotgun, Class items, Fusion rifle (?), Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Oryx with no shards[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Primaries, Helm, Emblem, Shader, Shards, Exotic Weapons or armor (low chance), Class items(?), Ghost(?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Drop from having 20 shards after oryx[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: one additional drop from any part of the raid (this consumes the 20 shards in your inventory and can be any raid drop including just one shard which is super frustrating). You can't use 40 shards at once for 2 extra drops - only 20 can be used at a time. You can't go back with 20 shards and kill Oryx to get a chance at loot if you've already looted him that week and used shards (unsure if you can loot him with shards only if you haven't used shards yet on that character that week?).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Antiquated runes[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: may drop from any chest. They may drop from any boss also, even if you have already done the raid on that character according to /u/OverlyCasualVillain. This is probably a separate roll from your main drop.[/SIZE]

It was nice to be Broly's guide for once. He had led me and a few other CAGs on our first run through Atheon way back about a year ago. Looking back on it I can't believe us 26 and 27's with crappy weapons managed to get through that whole Raid in one sitting. Of course, there were a few cheeses to make it easier back then ;).

Of course, once again, had the stupid 310 sniper dropped like it should have when we beat that mission I'd probably be at 300 or damn close and then I could decrypt the exotic engrams I saved and get some 310's. But that will have to wait...
It was weird being guided through haha though I definitely appreciated it and am glad we got as far as we did! I had a lot of fun and even though that damn Warpriest was a pain and I complained way too much I did enjoy it and certainly like this raid far more than Crota's End so far and I still have only experienced a little over half!

Odd that nobody got any sort of weapon drop from the Warpriest though for us. Like I said I was just happy that I got a 304 Kingslayer Ghost Shell if anything.

I actually stayed up just a couple minutes later and decided to decode all of the engrams I had from the Raid and of course got zilch. However I really wanted my Exotic Helmet at 310 and so I figured I would decrypt a helmet engram, I didnt want it to be the first one though because I just had a gut feeling so I decoded one exotic arm piece and then my helmet. The arm piece turned into 290 Don't Touch Me gauntlets... AND THE HELMET TURNED TO A 310 GRAVITON FORFEIT! I about pooped my pants I was so stoked. My Graviton was 293 before and I wanted it on for the shadow-step but then I would drop levels since I had a blue 300 helmet. Now I can have it on at 310!!! Oh man I probably would have pooped my pants had I not been pretty much asleep since it was so late haha : P

Now with all the weapons and gear I want to be wearing I am at 301. Not too shabby : D

The Exotic Engrams can get to 310 for weapons as well correct if you are 300+? I am torn as to what I want to get from Xur this weekend since my Strange Coins are very limited. I would like to get Hawkmoon and those Gauntlets for the Hunter and even the new Ruin Wings for my Titan whenever I start back using her.. but then again I would like to try my luck at getting 310 primary exotics if at least even to just infuse it with my Hung Jury to get a nice boost.

*edit* Just realized the primary is the Legacy (Year One) exotic engram... good thing I didn't buy those haha. Really though I wonder if those Engrams can still decrypt to 310. Would I be able to maybe snag a Hawkmoon or Suros or Red Death at 310 then since those are old ungs technically?

What quest item? The stuff for Eris? Also glad you guys managed to beat him... Was it shortly after I left?
It was NOT shortly after you left. We didn't even attempt it again for almost thirty minutes after you guys left. Once we finally got it I ran to the tower and did all of the above stuff and then finally put my head down to sleep at 6:40am est....

Went 0-7 on Three of Coins today running the Level 41 Vanguard Strikes. I did unlock the new scout rifle from Petra and really like it. I also bought the Hawkmoon and Light Beyond Nemesis and used my legendary marks on a year 2 Truth. I also had tons of purples drop for me but nothing really anything good. I tried the Nightfall with a couple of randoms I was 289 and they were both 281 and we couldnt make it past the first part. If anyone still needs to run it can we set up something for tomorrow night please. I should be on around 10:00pm est. I also would love to run some CoO if possible.

Went 0-7 on Three of Coins today running the Level 41 Vanguard Strikes. I did unlock the new scout rifle from Petra and really like it. I also bought the Hawkmoon and Light Beyond Nemesis and used my legendary marks on a year 2 Truth. I also had tons of purples drop for me but nothing really anything good. I tried the Nightfall with a couple of randoms I was 289 and they were both 281 and we couldnt make it past the first part. If anyone still needs to run it can we set up something for tomorrow night please. I should be on around 10:00pm est. I also would love to run some CoO if possible.
I'm always running CoO so feel free to pop in party whenever - I think you added me a while back

I need to do the nightfall, so if ya need help, lemme know. GT: Neonightmare6
I'm light 297, mainly just trying to do quests here and there until I get a night off so I can find a Raid team.

From Reddit feedback:

[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] First chest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Ghost, Shards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Hidden chest after the ships before totems[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Shards, Ghost (?), wormspore, hadium flakes, ammo synth[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· Chest after totems[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: Ghost, Fusion rifle, Shards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]· War priest[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] : Ghost, Fusion rifle, Sniper, Machine gun, Rocket launcher, Shards[/SIZE]
So this is what we did last night. I don't think anyone got a ghost from the first hidden chest - was definitely all those other things though. I think 4 of us, maybe, got the ghost at the chest after the totems/runes. I guess that is also where I got the fusion rifle though I never saw it pop when I got the rewards.

That was some decent RNG I suppose. But then it turned around and hosed every one of us on the War Priest drops. I would have liked the Raid sniper since I still have garbage ones (and I checked the vendors and they don't have any good ones either).

Tonight my plan is to run that Antiquated rune to get myself another calcified fragment and then boost the sword kills. Oh and I guess still try to get those 3 more crucible wins for my Dead Orbit faction quest. I lost like 3 more last night (all close). But it was late - after we did the Raid.

The good thing is that the War Priest now, at least, seems reasonable. That first time we were in there it seemed downright impossible. Everyone being 290+ made a huge difference as well as just understanding everyone's role. Towards the end there I don't want to say it was easy, but I could definitely see getting through it much faster the next time. Next step is Golgororth, which also seemed impossible the one time we tried it ;).

I do have a second character to run through the Raid now if anyone wants to do another fresh run before reset.

From Reddit feedback:

So this is what we did last night. I don't think anyone got a ghost from the first hidden chest - was definitely all those other things though. I think 4 of us, maybe, got the ghost at the chest after the totems/runes. I guess that is also where I got the fusion rifle though I never saw it pop when I got the rewards.

That was some decent RNG I suppose. But then it turned around and hosed every one of us on the War Priest drops. I would have liked the Raid sniper since I still have garbage ones (and I checked the vendors and they don't have any good ones eithers).

Tonight my plan is to run that Antiquated rune to get myself another calcified fragment and then boost the sword kills. Oh and I guess still try to get those 3 more crucible wins for my Dead Orbit faction quest. I lost like 3 more last night (all close). But it was late - after we did the Raid.

Just calculated what my Warlock would be with all the new weapons and ghost from my Hunter and now she can be 296! That is higher than I expected haha I wouldn't mind doing another beginning Raid run sometime with my Warlock too. I of course would prefer finishing off the Hunter's raid so I can get the Scout from Eris but yeah.

Soon.  Soon I will join the cool kids on the raid.  Maybe mid next week or even tomorrow if I can get lucky tonight and get into the 280's.

Soon. Soon I will join the cool kids on the raid. Maybe mid next week or even tomorrow if I can get lucky tonight and get into the 280's.
#bubbleburst

You pretty much have to be at 290+ or else you aren't able to do enough damage to the bosses fast enough it seems : /

So I ran into a little issue/problem after I did the CoO to get the piece to return to Petra to get the exotic scout rifle at the same time I than also got a bounty from Eris. I did the first one no problem I forgot what it was but the second is killing three cursed thralls with your melee without dying. I loaded up one of the easier moon missions and I am not getting credit for any of the thrall kills. Do i need to do it in a certain place because the bounty does not say. It is a bounty taking up one of my 16 slots and not in the quest log. Its a little black tile with a red Taken King symbol on it and its worth 500 Eris rep points. 

#bubbleburst

You pretty much have to be at 290+ or else you aren't able to do enough damage to the bosses fast enough it seems : /
This, unfortunately. When we did it last week with a couple of 285's, you could see on the death screen at the War Priest that they were doing half the damage as the 295'ers. Now there is a possible way around this in that the 285 could be the one to get the aura (and shoot adds instead of the boss). But it would just be all around easier to be at 295 instead - will make the parts leading up to it easier as well.

Just run Court of Oryx. With 15+ engrams from that in an hour or two you are bound to get up over 290 without too much trouble. The real slog is when you are at 295 or so and are trying to get to 300. I've been gaining a point every 2-3 days (at 298 now) but keep in mind I've been playing 6-8 hours a day!

Note that there are at least 2 guaranteed 300's. There is the artifact from the Court of Oryx quest. Then there is the choice of a shotgun and maybe fusion rifle(?) from one of the story quests - I forget which exactly. So make sure you have those before Raiding.

Oh, by the way, I got my Court of Oryx achievement to pop by logging out of my profile and back in. You so crazy Destiny!

So I ran into a little issue/problem after I did the CoO to get the piece to return to Petra to get the exotic scout rifle at the same time I than also got a bounty from Eris. I did the first one no problem I forgot what it was but the second is killing three cursed thralls with your melee without dying. I loaded up one of the easier moon missions and I am not getting credit for any of the thrall kills. Do i need to do it in a certain place because the bounty does not say. It is a bounty taking up one of my 16 slots and not in the quest log. Its a little black tile with a red Taken King symbol on it and its worth 500 Eris rep points.
I have never seen that bounty. That is just for Eris/Crota's Bane rep though, right, and not part of the actual quest? Of course that is good to get since when you rank up you can get an Antiquated rune. I get those "chains" of bounties while doing Court of Oryx all the time but it always seems like they end at "Stolen rune in 90 seconds" or something like that. Then I don't get another. But I don't think that has anything to do with the scout rifle because I've never even seen it myself. Are we talking about the Gemini Boolean scout? I have it but have not really used it yet. It is hard to use anything besides the Zhalo Supercell. The way it wrecks mobs and also restores ammo is pretty much hard to beat. At the War Priest everyone was always running out of ammo but with the Zhalo that is rare.

#bubbleburst

I totally understand what you and io are saying and it is a bit of a bubble burst. I guess I'm back to a year ago when i didn't have as much time to play as most and I was lagging behind. Ah well. Bummer.

I totally understand what you and io are saying and it is a bit of a bubble burst. I guess I'm back to a year ago when i didn't have as much time to play as most and I was lagging behind. Ah well. Bummer.
Like io said though, bumping to 290 with pretty much the Court is definitely possible. Gott is always doing CoO like he said so if you see a spot just jump in there, play for even 30 minutes or so and have a poop ton of engrams!

Here's something else to grind for, class-specific items from Strike bosses:

Helm of Krolok Helmet / Hunter Helmet It's like they say: Pride goeth before the fall. http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3872841536-helm-of-krolok

Solar Flayer Mantle Class Armor / Hunter Cloak A mantle of woven Solar energy strings taken from the Psion Flayer Vatch.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2620256212-solar-flayer-mantle

Void Flayer Mantle Class Armor / Hunter Cloak A mantle of woven Void energy strings taken from the Psion Flayer Numoc.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2620256213-void-flayer-mantle

Arc Flayer Mantle Class Armor / Hunter Cloak A mantle of woven Arc energy strings taken from the Psion Flayer Kolar.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2620256215-arc-flayer-mantle

Cloak of Taniks Class Armor / Hunter Cloak He of the endless troves of arms, and legs, and hearts, and lungs, and… http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2620256214-cloak-of-taniks

Devouring Maw Helmet / Warlock Helmet Our enemies hunger for our knowledge.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2843928135-devouring-maw

Theosyion Vibrissae Gauntlets / Warlock Gauntlets Even in still air, Theosyion's tendrils continue to wave and twitch. http://db.destinytracker.com/items/790630350-theosyion-vibrissae

Omnigul Bond Class Armor / Warlock Bond "The Will of Crota is broken at last. May Sai Mota's restless Light at last find peace." —Eris Morn http://db.destinytracker.com/items/290931251-omnigul-bond

Darkblade Helm Helmet / Titan Helmet "Alak-Hul, the Darkblade, is laid low. And thus Vell Tarlowe is avenged." —Eris Morn http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3848584870-darkblade-helm

Mau'ual's Maulers Gauntlets / Titan Gauntlets Valus Mau'ual once thought himself mighty. Valus Mau'ual doesn't think much of anything anymore.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2862544759-mauuals-maulers

Mark of the Undying Mind Class Armor / Titan Mark The Black Garden grows in both directions.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/1242830876-mark-of-the-undying-mind

Imago Loop Primary Weapons / Hand Cannon …once-mighty wings, now dewy and fragile and new, as again the silken threads encased its...
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3052681344-imago-loop

Treads Upon Stars Primary Weapons / Scout Rifle Ghost has tried to translate this weapon's inscription, but the Cabal language has proven difficult to parse. http://db.destinytracker.com/items/4049432596-treads-upon-stars

Grasp of Malok Primary Weapons / Pulse Rifle "Dutiful Malok. Many offerings of Light did he make at the Shrines of Oryx." —Eris Morn http://db.destinytracker.com/items/4068577415-grasp-of-malok

Does Not Bow Primary Weapons / Auto Rifle A Kell cut off his arms. He built himself new ones. Then he killed the Kell with them.
http://db.destinytracker.com/items/4118379255-does-not-bow

Darkblade's Spite Special Weapons / Fusion Rifle "In the Hive ways of old he challenged Oryx. He failed." —Eris Morn http://db.destinytracker.com/items/1865744636-darkblades-spite

Baron's Ambition Heavy Weapons / Machine Gun "To crack open that depraved Earth-Servitor. To use its secrets to reclaim the Great Machine..." —Translated from Fallen Language
So I got a 300 legendary scout, Treads Upon Stars, a long time ago - like the first time I ran one of the new strikes. I just assumed that was a normal drop. Apparently it was a pretty lucky one.

I also got the Mark of the Undying Mind (Titan class item) but it was much lower level. It is 291 (and my highest mark so far). I think I've seen people with the Titan helm from Alak-Hul. Now I want it!

The Hunter cloaks from Undying mind are pretty cool looking - saw one in the Tower yesterday. You don't have to be a specific class for the drop. I got the Titan mark when playing on my Warlock.

I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but you might have a better chance getting them from the Heroic though people claim they've gotten them from the 36's as well.

I saw people claiming they got the strike stuff from just going directly to the strike on the map, so like super low level ones.

I have been trying to get the Skolas Cloak for a couple days now that I saw gott with it!

Had no idea about any of this, in fact I just dismantled Treads upon Stars last night.
I really want that helmet now too. Looks like I'll be in the Sunless Cell a lot this weekend.

Got my Warlock up to 40 last night, and already had a couple of decent pieces of armor waiting for him.
I want to use that Spark of Light thing on a Hunter, but I don't think I can find time for a third Guardian.

Did another fresh run on the raid last night and it was pretty good through the War Priest.  We had 2 guys from LFG and they had a good strategy for Golgoroth so we finally beat him (pretty easily too).  Then the deathsingers/daughters... Ugh... I hate that part.  It randomly selects a runner who then has to jump on a bunch of hard to see platforms at full speed while your screen is all gummed up (think of the view Frodo has when wearing the ring).  I had been playing for 8 hours, was sick, and have a hurt shoulder right now that limits my ability to be precise with button presses.  Invariably I'd miss one platform when it was my turn.  That meant a wipe.  Most other times someone else would miss one too.  Eventually we got it done. The actual damage part is pretty easy - just that running is a pain.  It puts a buttload of pressure on you which didn't help matters.  It seems like you ought to be able to miss one run and still be able to do it but no, it makes you wipe.  It didn't help that the jackasses we got from LFG kept saying that it easy and they loved being the runner after I'd just miss a jump.  I'm sure I can do it with some more practice (and more likely on my Warlock than my Titan) and maybe not having played for 8 hours straight - we'll see.  I dread going back there though.

We reached Oryx around 5:30 AM so it was too late to go on.  Hopefully I finish that tonight and then, well, I'm not sure what.  I don't ever want to do those Deathsingers again so I might be done with the Raid, or perhaps just play it up through Golgoroth or just do Oryx checkpoints from now on. 

This Raid has far too much jumping/platforming in it for my taste.  I know some people love that but for me platforming in first person is akin to gouging my eyes out with ice picks.  When the core mechanic is not fun game is not fun.  I know people like to say this raid is so much better than Crota.  Crota was much more about battling tons of enemies and I like that much more than tons of platforming and random selection mechanics.

Oh yeah, and to top it off I got nothing for the entire run except for a third ghost shell from the chest right after the rune door.  I've gotten one there each time I've done it.  This one was 303 (to go along with my 300 and 307).  But yeah, the game once again didn't give anyone a weapon at War Priest. I think some people got class items and maybe one armor piece at the Deathsingers.  I know Oryx will drop stuff (and even more for me since I have over 20 moldering shards).  But still, all that work for essentially nothing - wow...

All the work I've been putting into the game was to get gear to be able to tackle the Raid more easily.  Now that I'm at 298 and finally have an OK sniper (though not the Black Spindle) I'm kind of fine with my damage output.  I was regularly at the top of the list for War Priest and Golgoroth damage.  And I have yet to get a Raid weapon other than the fusion rifle which is something I never use.  So I'm not sure of the point of doing the Raid more since better weapons will not make things any easier on the Deathsingers - though perhaps if you can get them down in 3 turns instead of 4 (which we almost did) then I only have a 50% chance of being selected as the runner.  But of course RNG will not be that kind to me - I got selected 4 times in a row once last night and way more than any other person overall.  The odds of that happening were 1 in 1296 if it is truly random.  Praise RNGesus!

When using the three of coins, is better to use 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. Per end of heroic strike bosses? I'm trying to figure out what would be the sweet spot or it really doesn't matter.

When using the three of coins, is better to use 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. Per end of heroic strike bosses? I'm trying to figure out what would be the sweet spot or it really doesn't matter.
I've been using just one at a time. Its hard knowing if its worth using more than one since we don't know how much each one increases the drop rate.

I've been using just one at a time. Its hard knowing if its worth using more than one since we don't know how much each one increases the drop rate.
I used two one time when farming and the boost on your character screen does not show any difference to indicate that there is an additional chance or anything. Linkin and I were actually just talking about this last night and because of the inability to see it even say that we used two we both agreed it was best to just use one at a time for now.

Is it just me or have they added so much content that the raid seems unimportant right now? I mean I have enjoyed raiding with everyone here but I feel like spending 3 hours doing quests gets me almost as far as grinding for a boss battle with rng holding the rewards.

Is it just me or have they added so much content that the raid seems unimportant right now? I mean I have enjoyed raiding with everyone here but I feel like spending 3 hours doing quests gets me almost as far as grinding for a boss battle with rng holding the rewards.
Yeah, kind of. I mean compared to Crota I didn't hit this Raid for what seems like ages (though I did do they very first part at the end of the first week). But with Crota, the raid was the very first thing I did even before any of the story. And from what I've seen so far of the Raid, RNG is way worse on it than it ever was on Atheon or Crota.

You going to be on tonight for some swording? I need to do that, I have end-of-game mission quests on my Titan to do, I need to start fresh on my Hunter, and if you are around late tonight we might try to kill Oryx - though that may wait till Sunday night.

Oh yeah, and Amazon finally gave me the credit for the game after having it sit in processing for several days. So I only ended up paying about $14 for TTK. Even if I completely stopped playing right now I would have got my money's worth out of it.

I totally agree with you. With the previous iterations of the game, I've always felt like I was behind and had to "endure" the rest of the game just to get myself to a raid-ready level. But right now, I'm at 287 and making steady progress towards 290, but there still seems like there is a ton of other stuff to do. I still have 5 or 6 open quest missions and new things keep opening up.

And Banshee is my new best friend. After getting an amazing fusion rifle from his level 2 quest, I got the Tlaloc from his level 3 quest.

Also: For some reason, last night I lost access to my pre-order SUROS shader and emblem. They still show in my inventory, but are locked behind a "pre-order exclusive purchase required" barrier and I can't equip them. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep, good time just running patrols and regular stuff.  I'm even not all that concerned with the quests, just doing strikes and CoO is a lot of fun.

That being said, i'm 286 and looking forward to raiding.  The raids are always the biggest spectacle in Destiny.

Played some CoO last night and this morning to complete that Eris quest line and I got a 300 artifact so now I am at 292. So mad that I didnt field test those crucible weapons from the Gunsmith would be sitting at level 3 with him. I really want that exotic scout rifle that the warlocks get as a reward.

Also is there any place to trade stuff in or exchange for weapon parts in mass quantities?

Comcast has been effed up all weekend and I haven't been able to get on at all. Won't be able to get on at all this weekend. This effing sucks, I still have two nightfalls to do and I never even got past the Warpriests then. Awesomeeeee

Boo!

I'm excited though, because I just completed my exotic sword wrist before the reset last night. Come Wednesday, I'll be solar edging!

I totally agree with you. With the previous iterations of the game, I've always felt like I was behind and had to "endure" the rest of the game just to get myself to a raid-ready level. But right now, I'm at 287 and making steady progress towards 290, but there still seems like there is a ton of other stuff to do. I still have 5 or 6 open quest missions and new things keep opening up.

And Banshee is my new best friend. After getting an amazing fusion rifle from his level 2 quest, I got the Tlaloc from his level 3 quest.
You are way ahead of me there. I'm still rank 2 with the gunsmith and I did all of the weapons this week already.

Yep, good time just running patrols and regular stuff. I'm even not all that concerned with the quests, just doing strikes and CoO is a lot of fun.

That being said, i'm 286 and looking forward to raiding. The raids are always the biggest spectacle in Destiny.
You really want to be over 290. Keep running Court of Oryx and you'll get there in no time. Make sure you get the two guaranteed 300 items (artifact for the Court quest and shotgun/fusion rifle from the Nightfall quest).

Played some CoO last night and this morning to complete that Eris quest line and I got a 300 artifact so now I am at 292. So mad that I didnt field test those crucible weapons from the Gunsmith would be sitting at level 3 with him. I really want that exotic scout rifle that the warlocks get as a reward.

Also is there any place to trade stuff in or exchange for weapon parts in mass quantities?
Running Court and/or strikes you should end up with enough blue engrams to fully stock weapon and armor parts. I don't think you can trade for them. Hell, I have so many now I cash some in to get faction rep when I get close to a rank-up.

Speaking of which I finally got my exotic Dead Orbit Warlock bond. I think it is funny that you don't have to wear the faction item any more to get rep, but then some of the coolest class items in the game are the exotic faction ones ;). Once I find more of the strike-specific ones (like the Mark of the Undying Mind that I have on my Titan) I'll probably wear those more often though. The psion flayer Hunter cloaks are the absolute best looking class items in the game.

I've spent so much time with TTK and I haven't even started the story on my Hunter yet.

Glock and I might try to boost the sword kills tonight and we could use a third. A 310 sword will probably push me over 300 and then I can decrypt all those exotic engrams I have sitting in my vault.

Finished the quest for the 1000 Yard Stare tonight.
Nice to have decent year two weapons after the garbage I had for all of year one. Primary, Sniper, Fusion, sword & Rocket Launcher are all pretty good, just would like a better shotgun. I'm at 291-292 right now, which is with the gear that I play with, not just by equipping my highest blues.
I will have to look into those quests for the 300 level items and make those a priority.

Finished the quest for the 1000 Yard Stare tonight.
Nice to have decent year two weapons after the garbage I had for all of year one. Primary, Sniper, Fusion, sword & Rocket Launcher are all pretty good, just would like a better shotgun. I'm at 291-292 right now, which is with the gear that I play with, not just by equipping my highest blues.
I will have to look into those quests for the 300 level items and make those a priority.
Get the strikes quest done as after you do the Nightfall you get a pretty good 300 shotgun. I use it in PvP and it wrecks there, as well as being good in PvE. I have a 1000 Yard Stare and didn't even realize it was from a quest. I was using that in the Raid and it hits a lot harder than my old blue sniper. The only problem is the 4 round clip instead of 6. I'm not sure with the constant reloading that I am actually doing more DPS with the 1000 Yard Stare...

A big problem you run into in the Raid is running out of primary ammo. This happens even with the Zhalo Supercell (which often gives you more ammo on double-kills). I need to get a really good Void-based armor with the more ammo for auto rifle perk for my Titan and a similar solar one for my Warlock. I have blue arms that increase auto rifle reload speed which is hard to swap out for any of the legendaries I have.

what quest is the 1000 yard stare from?

I made the mistake of picking the void exotic sword with my Titan, these void kills are taking me forever.

I made the mistake of picking the void exotic sword with my Titan, these void kills are taking me forever.

Taken War: Earth
.....and one of the steps is a real bitch. You have to kill 3 taken champions, and if you don't do it quick enough, they disappear.
There is one in the Rocketyards that is pretty much impossible to do alone.
....I needed help with all 3.

It may come from that quest but I also just got one from the Cryptarch for ranking up.

Yeah, I can see that void thing being a pain with the Titan. I am working on it with my Warlock and even that is taking forever and I have the advantage of being able to Nova bomb several enemies pretty frequently. After about 2 hours of farming I had to stop for the night. I'm at 6/10 of the crystals and about 75% of the void kills. I got a lot of void kills when I was doing the subclass quest for Voidwalker in a strike with someone. They were doing the striker Titan one and it was taking a while so I just went all over the Cosmodrome killing stuff with void. Then of course I continued to do it on Mars while farming the relic iron. I ought to have it done tomorrow evening in time for armsday at least.

I already picked the solar sword with my Titan and I guess that is a good choice. That leaves arc for the Hunter - bladedancing counts as arc, right?

You can also buy one from the Vanguard Quartermaster, it's Solar and has Triple Tap and Mulligan.

I did the raid last night and made it up to golgoroth before everyone went to bed. We started with a 279 and a 284 with us so we had trouble with the totems but once they left we beat that part pretty easily. Took us an hour or so on the Warpriest but that boss wasn't too difficult. Not sure what we were going wrong earlier but on our last attempt we managed to do ~45% damage to him the first damage phase and after that the rest was easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdMFGmHkO2k

I found that doing the Siege of the Warmind mission was a good place to farm the void kills.  Equip weapons with Grenadier and/or Army of One and you can charge your grenades and melee up quickly by taking out the thrall that spawn.  Was able to go from 50% -> 100% in 20 minutes or so.  "We've woken the hive" would work well too.  If you have a super that works with the elemental kills you are grinding even better so don't do the void kill on a Titan or Hunter.  Farming the crystals took the most time though.  I thought we were done grinding for planetary materials... lol

For some reason I unlocked the exotic Arc sword quest on my Titan even though I already have the Exotic Void sword quest active on that character as well.  Figured it was tied to the character that originally unlocked the legendary sword.  Seems odd for it to work that way.  Anyone else have that happen?

For some reason I unlocked the exotic Arc sword quest on my Titan even though I already have the Exotic Void sword quest active on that character as well. Figured it was tied to the character that originally unlocked the legendary sword. Seems odd for it to work that way. Anyone else have that happen?
I think it has to do with whichever character unlocks the last upgrade and puts the sword to 280 Attack. I did that on my Hunter with the sword I got with my Titan and she got the exotic sword quest.

You can also buy one from the Vanguard Quartermaster, it's Solar and has Triple Tap and Mulligan.

I did the raid last night and made it up to golgoroth before everyone went to bed. We started with a 279 and a 284 with us so we had trouble with the totems but once they left we beat that part pretty easily. Took us an hour or so on the Warpriest but that boss wasn't too difficult. Not sure what we were going wrong earlier but on our last attempt we managed to do ~45% damage to him the first damage phase and after that the rest was easy.
Oh yeah, a 279 and 284 will do like half damage and that won't get it done.

I need a Golgoroth kill on my Warlock - if you see me on and need another let me know. That fight isn't too bad with the right strategy. I cleared it on my Titan.

Last night did some raiding with some idiot LFGs. Got to Oryx but the one guy insisted on being Relic (I gathered because he was terrible at actually shooting and had garbage weapons) but couldnt freaking get to the right starting platform. It is literally where the massive huge Oryx is and yet he always went to the wrong one. Regardless then I didnt get it and will try again tonight before reset. Didn't even touch the Raid with my Warlock yet this week oh well.

The sword thing is interesting as I would have assumed it was per character. Good to know you can just bring it over to whoever you want to have actually do the quest. I think I will keep the Arc on my Warlock though since the new Stormcaller is pretty good for taking out groups of enemies. I am in no hurry for more swords though since the Dark-Drinker is getting the job done.

Finally did two of my NFs last night as well and I got a 290 Invective on my Warlock and then a 310 Suros on my Hunter. I pretty much immediately infused the Suros with my Hung Jury and brought it up to 308 so now I can have a 308, 308 and 310 weapon all equipped at the same time. Not too shabby; I am 303 now : D

Finally did two of my NFs last night as well and I got a 290 Invective on my Warlock and then a 310 Suros on my Hunter. I pretty much immediately infused the Suros with my Hung Jury and brought it up to 308 so now I can have a 308, 308 and 310 weapon all equipped at the same time. Not too shabby; I am 303 now : D
Damn, nice. I've gotten nothing but crap from the Nightfalls. Were you 300 when you got that 310 Suros? What is Hung Jury again and why do you like it so much?

If you are killing Oryx tonight I will definitely want in this time, no matter what else I'm doing. Let me know when you are running it. I usually play as the "floater" and help with the adds and ogres. But I can man a platform if needed. I just watched a video that makes it look oh so easy, but in our group the other night it seems we could barely get past the first round. A big difference was how quickly they took the ogres down in the video.

And yeah, I don't get what issue that guy in your group was having. There is a lot of time to watch Oryx slam his fist down and get into the right position for the run. Also the relic person has to DPS Oryx pretty hard while the 4 platform people run to detonate the orbs, so if his weapons/shooting were garbage that didn't help.

Damn, nice. I've gotten nothing but crap from the Nightfalls. Were you 300 when you got that 310 Suros? What is Hung Jury again and why do you like it so much?
Hung Jury is the Dead Orbit scout rifle that comes with triple tap and firefly as the perks straight from the vendor.

OK, thanks. I might have to buy one of those then. I have a ton of scout rifles though already.
After seeing this at the vendor it was my main goal to get with my first 150 marks but after getting the Petra exotic scout rifle and hoping to get the warlock one from the gunsmith I am holding off.

I have the "Do the Nightfall" quest but I ended up getting sick Saturday night and now with my work schedule changing I dont know when I will get one done.

bread's done
Back