Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if it was really OOS it would have updated just as the LR:FF CE PS3 did. I'm pretty sure it's just a way for people to buy the CE. Wouldn't be surprised if they say they made a typo and ment to say 50k units.
DR handles the Capcom store and I'm not sure who they have handle their Twitter account but they are notorious for saying something like "only 100 left" or almost gone.... and yet you can manipulate there shopping cart to find out how many are actually left and it will be many many many more then what they claim.

All this talk about DR makes me a little worried about my orders. 

I ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Collectors Edition form them I did not pick free shipping, matter a fact their shipping costs are through the roof. The collectors edition is $79.99 but shipping puts its up to almost $100 which I am fine with. I ordered the day they announced it on 12/16/2013, I also got a flyer that anyone who ordered the collectors edition would be entered to win something and that every collectors edition would be shipped out before hand to guaranteed for release day delivery. How much can I trust this statement ? 

Also 2 months later I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of Drakengard 3  on 2/5/2014 pretty much right after it was announced. I also did not pick free shipping.

Should I be worried or do my chances on actually getting them pretty good ? Just all this talk about DR makes me really worried and I love these games and it really is upsetting that these are Square Enix Store Exclusives. I have also never used DR before or even ordered off Square Enix Store in my life.

All this talk about DR makes me a little worried about my orders.

I ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Collectors Edition form them I did not pick free shipping, matter a fact their shipping costs are through the roof. The collectors edition is $79.99 but shipping puts its up to almost $100 which I am fine with. I ordered the day they announced it on 12/16/2013, I also got a flyer that anyone who ordered the collectors edition would be entered to win something and that every collectors edition would be shipped out before hand to guaranteed for release day delivery. How much can I trust this statement ?

Also 2 months later I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of Drakengard 3 on 2/5/2014 pretty much right after it was announced. I also did not pick free shipping.

Should I be worried or do my chances on actually getting them pretty good ? Just all this talk about DR makes me really worried and I love these games and it really is upsetting that these are Square Enix Store Exclusives. I have also never used DR before or even ordered off Square Enix Store in my life.
I would say that unless something stupid like the NNK fiasco happens again you are realistically safe. I ordered LR with standard ground shipping from their site and received a shipping notification roughly a few days before launch. The game was packaged well and came via FedEx ground on the day of release. Most of the stress I had came from reading threads and other people freaking out about orders not being partial shipped/paid for fast shipping and didn't get it a week early.

Not saying DR is anywhere near good. They have horrid customer service and their site is a joke by today's standards. The only one I might worry on is Drakengard 3 since I would guess it will be the only one to actually sell out before the game is released (let's just hope no one finds the "manager's override" link like with NNK <_<.

Is it possible to cancel part of an order or add to an order from Square store? I have Drakengard CE and FFX/X-2 CE ordered and might cancel the FFX/X-2 if I can get a signed copy from the Nucleus thing.

Got my copy of LR:CE. My copy was fine, but I'm not sure what some people were talking about DR having good packing being their only quality though. Just a regular box, nothing else as far as packing material other then the packing list. Maybe it was because I got it with the free shipping, but considering how much they normally charge, that's pretty bare bones for mailing something this large.

The set itself is pretty nice though. For those that bought it, if you haven't already, don't miss checking under the dusk jacket for a sketch version of the cover on the hardcover's cover.

Got my copy of LR:CE. My copy was fine, but I'm not sure what some people were talking about DR having good packing being their only quality though. Just a regular box, nothing else as far as packing material other then the packing list. Maybe it was because I got it with the free shipping, but considering how much they normally charge, that's pretty bare bones for mailing something this large.

The set itself is pretty nice though. For those that bought it, if you haven't already, don't miss checking under the dusk jacket for a sketch version of the cover on the hardcover's cover.
You just got a shipping box?

I have never ordered anything from a DR store (Capcom, Namco, MS, Square) that didn't have an excessive amount of packing paper. Literally dozens (hundreds in some instances) of sheets.

You would be the exception not the rule.

I have never ordered anything from a DR store (Capcom, Namco, MS, Square) that didn't have an excessive amount of packing paper. Literally dozens (hundreds in some instances) of sheets.

Yeah, just a box big enough to fit the item. As I said, maybe that's what they use w/ free shipping, or maybe they're going to be cutting back.

Mine just came in a box. Nothing else. That's how it has always been for me with DR. Luckily, my DR items usually arrive in good shape because the boxes are just the right size to minimize items flying around in there. My LR CE came with an incredibly small scuff in the top, right near where it says PS3, but it's so small it could have easily been a factory worker's fingernail just brushing it when loading it into a box or something. I actually didn't notice it right away. Thought it was light reflecting off the plastic wrap.

I've only ordered about 5 items in my life from them. All boxed items came with no stuffing.

I would say that unless something stupid like the NNK fiasco happens again you are realistically safe. I ordered LR with standard ground shipping from their site and received a shipping notification roughly a few days before launch. The game was packaged well and came via FedEx ground on the day of release. Most of the stress I had came from reading threads and other people freaking out about orders not being partial shipped/paid for fast shipping and didn't get it a week early.

Not saying DR is anywhere near good. They have horrid customer service and their site is a joke by today's standards. The only one I might worry on is Drakengard 3 since I would guess it will be the only one to actually sell out before the game is released (let's just hope no one finds the "manager's override" link like with NNK <_<.
Thanks for the reassurance, it cuts down some of the stress that I have right now about these. How many NNK collectors editions were printed? I found out about that game late and all of these were already ordered but I heard about what DR did with them and its a shame. I just hope my Drakengard 3 is safe, I loved all the other ones.

Mine was in a box with no packing material. My Ni No Kuni WE might have had one balled up piece of paper.

I'm not sure, but you could possibly be the exception, not the rule....

My DR order of One Piece LE from the Namco store just came in a medium sized box with the game thrown in. No padding no receipt in the box nothing. You can imagine a 3DS game case bouncing all around on the way here. DR never fails to disappoint.

I think I'm about to preorder that FF XIV CE even though I don't have a PS4 yet... I hope I get a couple thousand back on my taxes.. cause then imma get a PS4, a 50 inch LED, and build me a gaming computer..

Don't know if this has been addressed already, but in case anyone was wondering, the DLC items in the Realm Reborn CE can be purchased separately for $20. The physical items are the only things that you would potentially miss out on if the CE sells out and you can't get it later.

All my previous DR items have come packed with plenty of sheets.
Yeah seriously. I like it because it makes great packing material for items I have to mail out. I've never received a shipment that used anything but grey packing paper (no bubble wrap, peanuts, etc.) but they have always used it very liberally.

Yeah seriously. I like it because it makes great packing material for items I have to mail out. I've never received a shipment that used anything but grey packing paper (no bubble wrap, peanuts, etc.) but they have always used it very liberally.
You must be the luckiest kid in the world! Most of the rest of us have never received any packaging from DR other than the cardboard box. It's nice that you live such a charmed life, but for the rest of us, DR provides minimal and often terrible packaging. This is coming from someone who regularly orders from various DR affiliates like Capcom, Namco, Square, etc...So, the truth is that you are most likely the exception, not the rule and it would be nice if you would stop giving everyone false hope about the likely outcome of a DR order and packaging job.

I've decided I'm definitely ordering the FFXIV CE.  Only question is will I get a second standard ed. copy as well for my wife.  We're going to play the beta together some this weekend & see how much she likes it - if so I'll order both and that will get me the free shipping.  If not, I may try to find a filler that I think will still be in stock in a couple of months.....

So this morning my Amazon preorder of Tales finally provided an estimated delivery date of Thursday, 2/27th.  I was hoping it would automatically update it to the 25th but since it didn't I did the change shipping method tricked and got it to update to the 25th. 

I think it was going to ship it out Monday and it would have arrived by the 25th without my meddling anyways but I figured why chance it.

I got the same email too. Wouldn't mind waiting two days if does arrive on the 27th. They still haven't changed the stock image though.

I actually have a similar situation but with a credit card and the Drakengard 3 CE--would it be a painful process to contact *shudder* Digital River to have them change my payment method once I get my new CC?
If you can still pre-order the Drakengard 3 CE (I haven't checked) then I would just cancel and reorder with the new card.

If the pre-order sells out and you can't place a new order, send me a PM. I have the direct number of someone on their escalation team who understands the issue and can create a new order with your new CC info.

If you can still pre-order the Drakengard 3 CE (I haven't checked) then I would just cancel and reorder with the new card.

If the pre-order sells out and you can't place a new order, send me a PM. I have the direct number of someone on their escalation team who understands the issue and can create a new order with your new CC info.
Wow, thanks! I haven't received my new card in the mail yet, but if the CE sells out before the CC arrives, I'll definitely PM you.

May I do the same if this ultimately ends up the same to me? I've been in the same situation as Vigilante since last week.

Weird that you guys are not seeing the 27th date like the rest of us. Or is it that you two do not have Prime?
I have prime, ordered the same day as all of you guys when it was initially posted on Amazon. Have been a long time customer of Amazon and all that jazz.

Kinda disappointing if they don't come through. I have a couple of preorders at GameStop as they never fail me but it wouldn't be surprising if Amazon drops the ball on some of these orders as the CE is limited to a certain allocation.

Not being able to get this Collector's Edition makes mme depressed :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsvAPBmPo0

Weird that you guys are not seeing the 27th date like the rest of us. Or is it that you two do not have Prime?
I dont have Prime.

(I don't order enough stuff to warrant it yet, and the stuff I do order, I usually wait until I hit the free shipping mark)

Is Drakengard 3 any good? I never played any of the other games, but it does look interesting.

Not being able to get this Collector's Edition makes mme depressed :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsvAPBmPo0
If the early review scores are to be believed, you probably shouldn't be. :cry: I'll still pick it up eventually...at the $15-$20 range.

I got the Amazon email with the 2/27 release date for the Tales CE, as well.

If the early review scores are to be believed, you probably shouldn't be. :cry: I'll still pick it up eventually...at the $15-$20 range.

I got the Amazon email with the 2/27 release date for the Tales CE, as well.
Those reviews are BS anyway. Last game didn't get stellar reviews either, but was still one of the best, underrated games ever.

I really liked the previous game, too. It had numerous problems, but none of them were game/experience-breaking. It was an interesting game, which is more than can be said for so much of what is released these days. The new game 'looks' better than the first one, so it should be a good time.

If anyone is still looking to pre-order the Limited Edition of Titanfall, I was able to do so at my local Best Buy (Montrose, OH) today by going to the customer service desk.  It hasn't appeared for pre-order on the in-store kiosk or via bb.com for some time.  

Also, am I correct in assuming that since I'm GCU, it'll be (only - lol) $200 instead of the usual $250?  The balance due showing on my pre-order receipt shows no discount.  Thanks!

Cancelled my Titanfall CE preorder at BB

$250 is too much & really doubt it will hold its value. Almost reminds me of how people were going crazy about the Star wars MMO when it launched at $150.

I was able to pick up the CE at BB for $20

Weird--I guess that shipping change trick worked, since I was able to get my delivery date for the Tales CE changed to the 25th by just selecting the Two-Day shipping that was already selected. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back